AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2009-02-26, 13:33   Link #281
SUPERPAN

Hello
Is there any way to re-time the whole .ass script ?
eg. I want to move the whole ass file 40 frames.
SUPERPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 14:42   Link #282
jfs
Aegisub dev

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUPERPAN View Post
Hello
Is there any way to re-time the whole .ass script ?
eg. I want to move the whole ass file 40 frames.
Timing -> Shift Times.

Aegisub developer [ Forum | Manual | Feature requests | Bug reports | IRC ]
Don't ask for: More VSFilter changes (I won't), karaoke effects, help in PM's
jfs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-02-26, 15:23   Link #283
SUPERPAN

Thanks
SUPERPAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 09:06   Link #284
guest0815

I wanted to use draw commands in \clip to give characters shaped glows and stuff but I can't figure it out. Can the drawing vector coordinates somehow be placed relatively to font positions? I tried drawing a star around the zero point and then enter the coordinates as functions with x/y variables but it didn't seem to work. And just moving one star approximately on top of one letter "by hand" was a huge pita.

thanks for reading
guest0815 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-13, 10:46   Link #285
jfs
Aegisub dev

...shaped glows?
I can't really imagine what you mean by that, and even less why you've already jumped to the conclusion that vector clips are the only way to go about solving your problem.

Perhaps try using Photoshop or similar to illustrate what you want to achieve.

Old 2009-03-13, 11:17   Link #286
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
less why you've already jumped to the conclusion that vector clips are the only way to go about solving your problem.
I know it's not necessarily the way to go. I just wanted to show I've given it at least a minute of thought instead of just coming in here and basically demanding to be handed the code for custom shaped borders.

Spoiler:

Code:
{\3c&H5FFFF5&}{\clip(m 406 660 l 498 660 l 423 717 l 453 626 l 482 717  )}{\an5\pos(!line.left+syl.center!,!line.middle-14!)}{\blur0\bord0\t(0,800,\bord20\blur23)}{\alpha&HFF\t(0,200,\alpha&H00)}
I placed a starshaped clip there that's masking everything but that growing border. I wondered if you can get an effect like that automagically in the right place once per line or even each character. Moving the starshaped clip around by changing all coordinates by hand everytime is brutal.
Old 2009-03-13, 11:46   Link #287
jfs
Aegisub dev

Right, well the centre of the current syllable (which may of course also be a character in case of using the "char" modifier) is $scenter for X coordinate and $smiddle for Y coordinate. Then it's just generating your clipping coordinates using that as center.

I think letting all stars have the same rotation will look a bit dull, so perhaps make a way to have each star have a unique (random) rotation. I'd write a generator function for a star as a function in a "code once" template. (Parametrise it on centre coordinate and radius.)

Old 2009-03-15, 05:06   Link #288
guest0815

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfs View Post
Right, well the centre of the current syllable (which may of course also be a character in case of using the "char" modifier) is $scenter for X coordinate and $smiddle for Y coordinate. Then it's just generating your clipping coordinates using that as center.

I think letting all stars have the same rotation will look a bit dull, so perhaps make a way to have each star have a unique (random) rotation. I'd write a generator function for a star as a function in a "code once" template. (Parametrise it on centre coordinate and radius.)

Thanks!

And only 41 hours passed between googling parametrise and finding out how to write a function that returns a sequence of variables and strings \o/ Knowing shit about math and programming blows ^^#
Old 2009-03-22, 15:55   Link #289
hancock

Hi. I'm new here and I'm still a beginner at typesetting. I want to ask how we can copy an exact texture of a word in a video?

Like in this picture below:

How did they typeset the exact textures like the written Japanese words? Is there a tool in Ageisub that let you do that? Thanks!
hancock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 16:30   Link #290
Plorkyeran

The only way to do that in ass is with a font that has the textured edges.
Plorkyeran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-22, 23:41   Link #291
hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by Plorkyeran View Post
The only way to do that in ass is with a font that has the textured edges.
Hi. Do you by chance know the font that was used? Thanks.
Old 2009-03-23, 05:36   Link #292
pichu
*Fansubber

I don't think After-Effects can determine the vectors in the edges (i.e. the direction) as shown in the picture -- how the etches are created based on the directions -- at least not the default effects, or you'll have to go into plugins/SDK.

Other than being too precise, I would think you can make a text layer; duplicate that text layer and put it above the regular text layer: check no fill color, add stroke width (maybe 3); and then apply Checkerboard or maybe even Grid effect with Stencil Alpha blending. This way, you'll get an etched outline on top of the regular text. Finally, apply Alpha Inverted Matte on the lower regular text layer and get it over with.

Last edited by pichu; 2009-03-23 at 05:49.
pichu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 10:48   Link #293
hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
I don't think After-Effects can determine the vectors in the edges (i.e. the direction) as shown in the picture -- how the etches are created based on the directions -- at least not the default effects, or you'll have to go into plugins/SDK.

Other than being too precise, I would think you can make a text layer; duplicate that text layer and put it above the regular text layer: check no fill color, add stroke width (maybe 3); and then apply Checkerboard or maybe even Grid effect with Stencil Alpha blending. This way, you'll get an etched outline on top of the regular text. Finally, apply Alpha Inverted Matte on the lower regular text layer and get it over with.
Can we perhaps go a little bit slower into doing this?
I have just started learning how to typeset a week ago and frankly, i have no idea what you're saying. Can you show me how it's done with snapshots? Or a basic guide about how to do text layers would be okay too. Thanks a lot.
Old 2009-03-23, 12:14   Link #294
pichu
*Fansubber

Well I would think that discussing about 'how to do so in after-effects' would be off-topic in this thread, yes?
Old 2009-03-23, 20:26   Link #295
hancock

Quote:
Originally Posted by pichu View Post
Well I would think that discussing about 'how to do so in after-effects' would be off-topic in this thread, yes?
But isn't this a help thread where people ask for guides and stuff? On the previous pages, some people even wrote down a bunch of command lines as to how something is done.

By the way, do you know a font that looks similar to the word texture above?
Old 2009-03-23, 21:53   Link #296
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber

Too lazy to check all of my font database. This one was on my mind. Use it with another font, put it behind. It will look similar.

DL link: http://www.mediafire.com/?zoxtgoj9xtu
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 05:10   Link #297
pichu
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by hancock View Post
But isn't this a help thread where people ask for guides and stuff? On the previous pages, some people even wrote down a bunch of command lines as to how something is done.

By the way, do you know a font that looks similar to the word texture above?
I won't say this thread is a general typesetting help; it's specifically for aegisub. If you're looking for a font, there are tons of sites available for you to search on. I don't have a good database for the fonts I own.

And, as for After-Effects comment, I just did a quick mock-up of your sign. I'm sure there are better ways than this.

http://img441.imageshack.us/my.php?i...0321095746.png

(can't show the IMG here, because it's a desktop resolution)
Old 2009-03-24, 11:57   Link #298
D404
Banned

Font from pichu's pic, if wanted:

http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?cybwwy3mm5w
D404 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-30, 07:13   Link #299
Deddo
typesetting ftw!
*Fansubber

While searching another font, i found this one in my archive.
http://www.mediafire.com/?dr5dnxlzgwd
Deddo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-16, 14:11   Link #300
BOFH_of_OZ
Gamemaster

Here's a quickie question (or so I hope):

I'm trying to follow the advanced tricks tutorial, with layered borders and motion blur. For motion, I'm trying to emulate getting closer to the viewer (by fscx/fscy) as well as moving syllables. Here's the code:

{\an5\r\alpha&H80&\t($sstart,$smid,\fscx!100+$laye r*20!\fscy!100+$layer*20!\1a&HFF&\move($SX,$SY,!$S X-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!))\t($smid,$send,\fscx10 0\fscy100\1a&HD0&\move(!$SX-($layer*1.5)!,!$SY+$layer!,!$SX+($layer*1.5)!,!$SY-$layer!))}

The problem is, even though the "zoom" effect is working for each syllable, the whole line is also being moved, and in the end all 7 layers are spread like butter on a slice of bread, unreadable and ugly...

Here's a quick screenshot explanation of what I'm doing. (1) is the start of a line. (2) shows that the move/zoom is working for a syllable. On (3), we see that the lines are sliding down, as per first "move" tag. And (4) is the end of the line...

Does anyone know why the move tag applies to the syllables and the whole line? And how to fix this? Or maybe there's an easier way of doing it?
BOFH_of_OZ is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aegisub, help thread