AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-05-10, 21:23   Link #641
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylphic View Post
Sorry, I'm confused.

If the new girls are to be successors of the older girls, then the older girls have got to be replaced. You can't have 2 yukirins at the same time.

Unless you are suggesting they stay as trainees?
Before the anime aired, some description said that the younger girls are the older ones "spiritual successor" so they have resemblances to the actual girl and that's what I'm going with.
Someone pointed out the younger girls are actually wearing Team 4 uniforms in the concept art so I think it's highly possible that the younger girls will form a new AKB team and perform along side the older ones.

Spoiler for pic:
mochichan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 21:29   Link #642
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

So just wondering, IRL where's Team 8? Still in the making?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 21:38   Link #643
mochichan

IDK....Hopefully they won't come.....i'm just tired of all the new teams and Team 8 have to bring something different to seperate themselves from the other teams. if there's a Team 8, 90% chance this girl will be center, it would be interesting to see the raging fans tho.

Spoiler for Kaoru..:
Old 2012-05-10, 21:42   Link #644
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I think they announced plans to form a Team 8 sometime last month, but other than that I'm not sure. I do think it's still ''work in progress'' at this point in time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mochichan View Post
Before the anime aired, some description said that the younger girls are the older ones "spiritual successor"
So I wasn't that far off ...
Old 2012-05-10, 22:22   Link #645
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

But still in the whole group you don't have 2 yukirin or 2 Takamina or hell 2 mayuyu.

Separate team or not, I just don't believe they will double up on members when there are so many that are not represented.

Otaku in Japan Daily Blog - [URL="www.ninjapan.org[/URL]
Sylphic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 22:30   Link #646
mochichan

Why not?....it's happening in the real AKB...<__<

I don't get what you mean by so many are not represented?
There's only 9 members featured in this anime and 9 trainees.
Most of them have already made an appearance and the focus will mostly be on the trainees.
Old 2012-05-10, 22:33   Link #647
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

No. There aren't 2 Yukirins in the real AKB. There is 1.

Old 2012-05-10, 22:38   Link #648
mochichan

Think of it as the trainee members will be the "acchan" or the "yuko" in their own new team. like the description said...spiritual successors.

Anyway, the next ep can give us better idea about the system.
Old 2012-05-11, 07:33   Link #649
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

The AKB48 Anime is the Textbook Definition of "Pandering"
Old 2012-05-11, 07:49   Link #650
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
True, for most critics and haters it's so easy and convenient to pin this show as pandering, but then, that kind of viewpoint can be applied to just about any form of pop music -- not just j-pop -- since the Beatles (heck, they even had their own Saturday morning cartoon at one point, and they were almost everywhere, and of course they never had a shortage of critics).

My beef with Kotaku is that they see Japan's pop culture (other than videogames) as nothing but a freak show (and I'm not the only one). That's it.

Last edited by sa547; 2012-05-11 at 09:55.
sa547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 08:23   Link #651
xizro345
King's Justice

Kotaku, enough said.
Though I think it's hard to judge the show, as it's difficult to see if some of its silliness is actually planned or just a side effect.
xizro345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:35   Link #652
Utsuro no Hako

Kawamori is the writer of the series? Good reporting, Kotaku.
Utsuro no Hako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:37   Link #653
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Even though I'm pretty much inclined to agree, this coming from Kotaku is like the pot calling the kettle black. Their whole MO is basically to write trollbait articles to try and score as many hits as possible. That in it's own way is kind of just pandering to me.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 09:51   Link #654
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

My personal opinion would be, "Who really cares if it's pandering?" As long as it's enjoyable, I don't give a donkey's behind what you call it really. As something made for entertainment, if it entertains, then it has done its job regardless of the means how the shoe does to accomplish it.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-11, 10:32   Link #655
asaqe
Augumented Paranoia

Looking at the current fanart count. I can't hate but hate to say you guys are right about the divisiveness between Otaku and Wota
Old 2012-05-11, 10:57   Link #656
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
if there's a Team 8, 90% chance this girl will be center, it would be interesting to see the raging fans tho.

Spoiler for Kaoru..:
What a beauty.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:00   Link #657
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by asaqe View Post
Looking at the current fanart count. I can't hate but hate to say you guys are right about the divisiveness between Otaku and Wota
Where? On Pixiv there's only about 5 pages of fanart, and some on Deviantart; there's none elsewhere... so that proves it to a certain degree, unless we look into 2ch.
Old 2012-05-11, 11:25   Link #658
mochichan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
What a beauty.
Her name is Kaoru Mitsumune if you want to know.
She used to be a model, walked in Kobe Shanghai fashion show if I'm right, and then just decided to join AKB...to.....idk...get more jobs since AKB is mainstream now I guess. She's acting on the hit drama of this season Ataru and the JE + AKB collab drama Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou too.
--------

At least Kotaku is providing promotion for the show.
As for the site.....I've been annoy with them for a long time...<_<
There's "pandering" in everything..games, movie, anime, jpop etc.
Everyone want money...why call only AKB out?
What's the problem otaku have with idol anyway, especially AKB? is it just a 2D vs 3D thing?
Old 2012-05-11, 13:25   Link #659
Sylphic
KI NI NARIMASU!

Quote:
Her name is Kaoru Mitsumune if you want to know.
She used to be a model, walked in Kobe Shanghai fashion show if I'm right, and then just decided to join AKB...to.....idk...get more jobs since AKB is mainstream now I guess. She's acting on the hit drama of this season Ataru and the JE + AKB collab drama Shiritsu Bakaleya Koukou too.
--------

At least Kotaku is providing promotion for the show.
As for the site.....I've been annoy with them for a long time...<_<
There's "pandering" in everything..games, movie, anime, jpop etc.
Everyone want money...why call only AKB out?
What's the problem otaku have with idol anyway, especially AKB? is it just a 2D vs 3D thing?
There's a million reasons to hate AKB, though I don't know if you'll agree or not. Hate is not always a rational thing.

This is what the Otaku think in Japan for the most part about AKB:
They can't sing. (i.e. none of their songs actually have any difficulty to them. Otaku do worship singers who have actual singing ability unlike idol fans who judge on looks)
They can't dance. (none of their dance routines are anything that someone can't learn in a few hours)
They aren't particularly good looking.
Their fans are disgusting and the scum of the earth. Yes, otaku discriminate against each other.
The company milks the fans and fleeces them for as much as they can. Making people buy repeated copies of CDs for a chance at a handshake in order to artificially boost sales is down right dirty.
They are plastic as hell. You said they are "Every day idols", sorry, but no one actually buys that. Except maybe their fans.
Akimoto is overzealous with copyright that makes selling fanart/ fan vids/etc. difficult if not damaging to your career.

But in the end, the major point is probably how AKB doesn't tickle their moe. AKB girls could be the greatest idols in the world, but there is still no way they can compete with idealized 2D. That's part of the reason why they're making this anime. To try and get otaku like me in Japan who have never cared about AKB in the slightest to pay them some attention. I guess it's worked somewhat.

As for AKB becoming mainstream, I guess so. But for some reason, people in society will still look at you funny and discriminate against you in the workplace if you are a 20 something who appears have an interest in AKB.

Old 2012-05-11, 13:56   Link #660
mochichan

wow....some of these reasons sound like it come from YOU...

i honestly think it's pointless to judge idols on singing and dancing skills. (tho Masuda Yuka, Akimoto Sayaka, Iwasa Misaki, Sato Natsuki, Takahashi Minami, Kashiwagi Yuki etc aren't bad singers)
They're freaking idols. not dancers/singers. idols are entertainers. not specialize in singing/dancing alone. Especially when it come to AKB who is market as unfinished product because it's the grown that's being focus on, not the actual polished talent.

idolmaster company milk money out of their fans too, release a new album every week to capitalize on their success. Most anime companies do that by producing plushies, CD singles, games, spin off, key chains, towels, figurines, DVD box set with 4 eps etc.
how is akb different? In the end, if they're not popular with alot of fans and people wouldn't like them, they wouldn't be selling as well.

And the "plastic" thing like i said. get to know them and you'll get it.

Anything dealing with copyright is their agencies, not AkiP.

So my guess is mostly the 2D thing.
Tho it's funny..otakus looking down on other wotas..even tho anime culture itself is looked down upon also lulz~ that's hilarious. People will probably discriminate you more if you like vocaloid or moe things compare to AKB so I dun get this lololol

Tags
action-adventure, idols, musical anime