Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-09-27, 01:01   Link #761
Jeffry2009
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Jeffry2009 Send a message via Yahoo to Jeffry2009
Sacred 7 trivia facts

Quote:
- Alma is half Russian (his dad is Russian, mom is Japanese). His name comes from Almaz, the Russian word for diamond.
- Each of the Sacred Takers have their own stone motifs. Alma (diamond), Ruri (lapis lazuli), Aoi (blue agate), Fei (jade), Naito (tanzanite) and Honyu (ruby)
- The tiny scooter Alma rides is Honda Motocompo
- Alma was originally right-handed, but his mother corrected him to become left-handed
- The Kagamis and the maids are families of ninjas that have served the Aiba household for generations. (No wonder they can kick ass - they are ninja maids and butlers!) It is their tradition to take in orphans, so Makoto is an adopted child
- The pink bruise on Naito's body is the side-effect of the serum
- The first opening (Stone Cold) is a dream Ruri had, while the second opening (Kiseki) is a dream Alma had
- Fei's green scarf was a gift from Naito
- Naito and Honyu used to be best friends
- Kenmi and the SP's suits, Cyclops and Arachne, are named after Greek mythology
- Episode 12 has revealed that SP actually stands for Sacred Purser (セイクリッドパーサー).
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Hon fried him before he lost his heart.
Oh, I think I missed the point though...
Jeffry2009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-27, 04:52   Link #762
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

^That explains why Alma is so tall.

Why did his mother force him to become left-handed exactly?
Old 2011-09-27, 21:30   Link #763
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Sacred Seven. Last Impressions

Here I am. Today, finally, I've concluded my first title picked-up to watch for this summer 2011 anime season, which is about to conclude this week.

At the very start of July, I chose Sacred Seven because the promotional image appealed to my tastes; reading, as well, the synopsis that this show would all action and sci-fi, mixed-in with shounen flair.

Seriously, I think this series needed more development and pacing, because the episodes focusing upon Alma and Ruri hinted at some kind of romantic development that never evolved for the audience beyond face value or water surface level. However, I do believe that the writers made clear from the start that Wakana and Alma were just friends with a sort of platonic bond and nothing serious about that relationship.

We never know exactly Kenmis' motivations for killing the Aiba save for the only detail that they never approved of his megalomaniac schemes to attempt harnessing the power of the Sacred Seven.

During the run of this show, I also felt that there was a considerable gap that stood between the viewers and the characters, thus, preventing me from becoming immersed into them to truly related to them at a personal level. The end result for me was watching characters in two-dimensions with lots of flair and charm but not substantially developed.
For example, take Arachnea, Kenmi's only female aid. Her suit made such a delightfully, crazy character for the art of combat and fighting, however, we never know anything about her past or background throughout all the show. At the end, she was just Kenmi's employee and got to pay her last respects to him when visiting the site of his grave.

Overall, Sacred Seven lacked too much substance and pacing to fill the wide gaps, nevertheless, it was a fun ride while it lasted.

Sacred Seven

I have to say that while the action became crazy, turning into a ludicrous roller-coaster ride of flashy power-up suits and demented attacks, IMO, the final battle and climax itself felt both cheap and anti-climatic.
For starters, they crammed lots of details out for convenience to make the resolution go smoother, but it was just like a big fest with no substance and filled off clichés with special effects.
1. It's just too convenient that Aoi awakened from her slumber and found herself inside Kenmi's lab, though everything in the mansion was raided by Kenmis' goons, including Aoi; it's only addressed at the aftermath of the battle that Aoi was conscious during all those five years inside the crystal casing and heard all about Ruri's quest, hence, that twist helped her to keep her conscious updated with the flow of time events that followed afterwards.

2. Alma and Naito's powered-up, Sacred Seven, final suit-forms to me seemed rip-offs from the battle armors of the Mega Man Zero games, as I've read someone posting that observation at the Random.Net blog. Too much flashiness to portray how cool Alma and Naito were at kicking Sacred Seven Kenmi Godly form and playing the rescuer prince role for Fei.

3. I don't understand SUNRISE's idea of pitting all characters strictly involved with the Aiba foundation and put them together all in the same room, while beholding the guys to emerge victorious from the battle.

4. What's with Fei? I swear I heard Fei referring to herself with the masculine pronoun boku (which is "I" in Japanese for males) rather than watashi, which is the female form of the same pronoun? Is Fei really a girl? or maybe she's actually a trap that got me fooled around?
If we take into account Fei's love for teddy-frog bears, and her Dark-Stone taking on the form of a freaked-out and demented, teddy-frog bear, then I assume she's a girl.

5. Aw, Fei, Fei, Fei. You couldn't resist the urge to go all "Emo" mode and undervalue the existence of your life, contributing to Kenmi's sudden boost in his ugly god form, at doing so.

6. And, not to mention that things just resolved too quickly once Naito was powered-up by Aoi into his supposedly true, Light stone form.

BTW, he is the true "Stone Cold"

Give him one "Hell Yeah" !!
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-28, 19:34   Link #764
Cream

I hate the fact that fei wasn't portrayed as extremely strong. I swear she should have been , everytime her eyes went all red it was a great setup for her to explode with some 'amazing' power . But that's just me .

Overall , i liked the series ; on mal it was downrated a lot but i can't really understand why. For enjoyment of the series i would score it a 9/10 . Of course , a couple other features belong in the 6/10 and 7/10.
Old 2011-09-28, 21:49   Link #765
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream View Post
I hate the fact that fei wasn't portrayed as extremely strong. I swear she should have been , everytime her eyes went all red it was a great setup for her to explode with some 'amazing' power . But that's just me .

Overall , i liked the series ; on mal it was downrated a lot but i can't really understand why. For enjoyment of the series i would score it a 9/10 . Of course , a couple other features belong in the 6/10 and 7/10.
MAL downrates and uprates things at their whim. Currently the top 4 rated series are deadlocked in a voting battle royale that they take dead seriously. I wish I was kidding.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-02, 23:41   Link #766
Jeffry2009
Banned

more S7 fanart galore

This show may be ended but allow me to share more of these:-

Spoiler for Ep12 Alma X Ruri Ending:

Spoiler for That random Sniper maid that never really explained in the sites & actual show::

Spoiler for Alma's Darkstone power:

Spoiler for Knight: I'm NOT a stalker!!:
Old 2011-10-04, 21:02   Link #767
Jeffry2009
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seijaku Saiko View Post
Nah, lazy-chan is the coolest character in the show. Also strongest in term of physical combat.
But seriously, that doesn't make sense to me (I was like 'what the hell just happened?'). I mean the fight between Kagami & SP (arakune) was a joke. I mean why did she just suddenly vanished till it never told us why before he start to look for Aoi? I called it 'B$' on that.

Last edited by Jeffry2009; 2011-10-04 at 22:47.
Old 2011-10-06, 11:35   Link #768
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffry2009 View Post
But seriously, that doesn't make sense to me (I was like 'what the hell just happened?'). I mean the fight between Kagami & SP (arakune) was a joke. I mean why did she just suddenly vanished till it never told us why before he start to look for Aoi? I called it 'B$' on that.
He took off her helmet in the fight and she left.
Old 2011-10-28, 23:31   Link #769
sa547
*Author

Some news here:
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-for-january-7
Old 2012-04-26, 15:07   Link #770
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
Calling it: we're getting a second season or another movie. Shirogane no Tsubasa brought a few more things to the table, and most of them are sequel hooks. And guess what? Kenmi wasn't the most dangerous guy in the antagonist camp.

Spoiler:
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-30, 12:15   Link #771
Kakkou
Tch.

I really enjoyed Shirogane no Tsubasa. The new scenes were not only a great addition to the story but also plenty enough to not feel like a total rehash.

Should we ever DO get a sequel, the director has said that he would like to focus on Alma's father this time, since they couldn't fit him in. In fact, Shirogane no Tsubasa was made precisely because there was still so much material left they felt it would be a waste to not get it out. Meanwhile, the cast themselves want more SP (Kagami would be second).

Quote:
Originally Posted by DmonHiro View Post
Calling it: we're getting a second season or another movie. Shirogane no Tsubasa brought a few more things to the table, and most of them are sequel hooks. And guess what? Kenmi wasn't the most dangerous guy in the antagonist camp.

Spoiler:
Despite the material left and the wishes of the staff/cast, no more projects seem to be set in stone from the looks of things and the sales certainly aren't helping.

Shame, Sunrise really seemed to have been aiming to make a franchise out of this but the poor reception just isn't making things work out for them.
Kakkou is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-09, 18:10   Link #772
QuantumBurst

After watching this anime I must say it was fantastic. I can't imagine why it isn't more popular but hey if you don't have cute stupid girls acting like fools or you're not a high school comedy you're just not gonna do well. Anime fans are so goddamn pathetic. Anyway I hope some company licenses Sacred Seven and dubs it.
QuantumBurst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-05-10, 18:39   Link #773
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by QuantumBurst View Post
After watching this anime I must say it was fantastic. I can't imagine why it isn't more popular but hey if you don't have cute stupid girls acting like fools or you're not a high school comedy you're just not gonna do well. Anime fans are so goddamn pathetic. Anyway I hope some company licenses Sacred Seven and dubs it.
I didn't think it was bad just very bland nothing to keep you watching.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-07, 21:01   Link #774
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I learned that the Shirogane no Tsubasa film fills some of the gaps unresolved in the TV series, though the plot is told from Naito and Fei's perspective.

Does anyone knows is if the movie's licensed?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-08-08, 20:13   Link #775
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guido View Post
I learned that the Shirogane no Tsubasa film fills some of the gaps unresolved in the TV series, though the plot is told from Naito and Fei's perspective.

Does anyone knows is if the movie's licensed?
I think it was licenced by Bandai, but they stopped licencing.
No subgroup wants to do that either.

Tags
action, school life