AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Suisei no Gargantia

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-16, 14:38   Link #41
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marly View Post
Yes, but that's because Ledo is part of the Galactic Alliance. I was wondering what would happen if Ledo slowly became more and more detached from his mission and the Alliance in general, and what Chamber's reaction to that would be.
AI go rogue all the time. AI is an old soldier AI to a space marine. Like Cortana in Halo, he's going to remain loyal to Ledo.
Old 2013-05-18, 04:13   Link #42
Tenzen12

Actualy I can't see it.

He doesn't have any actual emotions nor loyality aside of what were programmed into him. We ourself ascribe "him" human atributes and emotions,but there is no actual proof about that "he" has such thing.

That said I love snarking and akwardness of this Moebot
Old 2013-05-19, 18:18   Link #43
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenzen12 View Post
Actualy I can't see it.

He doesn't have any actual emotions nor loyality aside of what were programmed into him. We ourself ascribe "him" human atributes and emotions,but there is no actual proof about that "he" has such thing.

That said I love snarking and akwardness of this Moebot
Chamber appears programmed to learn, take care of his pilot, take care of his robot, protect his pilots life, and be a companion.
Old 2013-05-20, 18:57   Link #44
Tenzen12

Yes I am sure that is important part of programing. It fits what I said as well.
Old 2013-06-01, 03:47   Link #45
zztop

Chamber vs the Valvrave: Who Would Win?
Old 2013-06-01, 06:42   Link #46
bastek66

Quote:
Originally Posted by zztop View Post
Chamber vs the Valvrave: Who Would Win?
Chamber is small compared to VVV
Old 2013-06-02, 13:44   Link #47
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Chamber and Ledo are most likely gonna have a difference of opinion
Old 2013-06-02, 14:40   Link #48
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Man I don't know. Ledo managed to convince Chamber that he is the the highest ranked authority of the galactic alliance currently on the area and that that gives him the right to override established military protocols.

Chamber didn't initially agreed to show the content of classified information to Ledo at first. He probably can be reasoned with even about the non necessity to kill every single whalesquid.

Old 2013-06-02, 14:48   Link #49
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Man I don't know. Ledo managed to convince Chamber that he is the the highest ranked authority of the galactic alliance currently on the area and that that gives him the right to override established military protocols.

Chamber didn't initially agreed to show the content of classified information to Ledo at first. He probably can be reasoned with even about the non necessity to kill every single whalesquid.
The standing order to kill all Hideauze might be hard written code in Chamber's core. He may be obliged to kill the whalesquids even if Ledo orders him not too.
Old 2013-06-02, 14:58   Link #50
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I think that for the Galactic Alliance protecting classified information is more important than hardcoding the necessity to kill Hideauze in every of their machines. What if comes a sudden necessity to order a cease fire?

Moreover, Chamber could have decided to independently kill the Hideauze when they swarmed Gargantia, but he didn't move a finger.

Why should he have a problem in not acting in front of them, if he already did so?

Old 2013-06-02, 15:00   Link #51
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
I think that for the Galactic Alliance protecting classified information is more important than hardcoding the necessity to kill Hideauze in every of their machines. What if comes a sudden necessity to order a cease fire?

Moreover, Chamber could have decided to independently kill the Hideauze when they swarmed Gargantia, but he didn't move a finger.

Why should he have a problem in not acting in front of them, if he already did so?
If he feels that Ledo's mind has been compromised by the enemy's "propaganda"? I can see a scenario like that happening and it was sorta hinted in ep 9
Old 2013-06-02, 15:09   Link #52
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
If he feels that Ledo's mind has been compromised by the enemy's "propaganda"? I can see a scenario like that happening and it was sorta hinted in ep 9
Well that may work if Chamber concludes that Ledo is a traitor, in that case Ledo would automatically lose any authority.

I guess I can't exclude your theory, but there must be some kind of "traitor check" routine embedded in Chamber's program.
However in the case Ledo simply told him "I prefer not to attack the Hideauze for now", he shouldn't complain, as it might be a strategical option.

Old 2013-06-02, 15:16   Link #53
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Well that may work if Chamber concludes that Ledo is a traitor, in that case Ledo would automatically lose any authority.

I guess I can't exclude your theory, but there must be some kind of "traitor check" routine embedded in Chamber's program.
However in the case Ledo simply told him "I prefer not to attack the Hideauze for now", he shouldn't complain, as it might be a strategical option.
Ledo is suffering a crisis of faith right now. Chamber is going to notice eventually; its just a matter of what happens when it becomes apparent that his pilot no longer wants to fight for the cause/mission/holy war.
Old 2013-06-02, 16:21   Link #54
Xion Valkyrie

What if Lego has to fight Chamber in the climax because Chamber still cannot override his orders to destroy the Hideaze. Then in the remains of Chamber, Ledo finds out that Chamber is his brother.
Old 2013-06-02, 20:48   Link #55
mikeomni

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
What if Lego has to fight Chamber in the climax because Chamber still cannot override his orders to destroy the Hideaze. Then in the remains of Chamber, Ledo finds out that Chamber is his brother.
That would be totally horrifying. AI based on human brains kind of thing? That wouldn't be too different from Evolvers with their bio-nanotech bodies with a human base. Chamber doesn't appear creative enough for this. Even ROM constructs in sci-fi exhibit human-like quirks. If Chamber started singing or something you may have something there ...
Old 2013-06-02, 20:57   Link #56
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeomni View Post
That would be totally horrifying. AI based on human brains kind of thing? That wouldn't be too different from Evolvers with their bio-nanotech bodies with a human base. Chamber doesn't appear creative enough for this. Even ROM constructs in sci-fi exhibit human-like quirks. If Chamber started singing or something you may have something there ...
It wouldn't make any sense, though: why have a human brain as support when you could just have the human brain be the pilot?
Old 2013-06-03, 07:08   Link #57
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:

had forgot about that part, i agree that may suggest chamber killed of that humanoid whalesquid to avoid more informations to leak (even if, once ledo was able to watch the records it was already a bit too late for it)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie View Post
Lol, not again, after "the squids are human" i couldn't bear a "the robots are human" too
Old 2013-06-03, 07:22   Link #58
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
It wouldn't make any sense, though: why have a human brain as support when you could just have the human brain be the pilot?
Law of sci-fi....computers get more level up by inserting brains into them
Old 2013-06-03, 07:35   Link #59
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
Law of sci-fi....computers get more level up by inserting brains into them
There is already a human brain: the pilot.

It makes no sense to have a brain be the support when you could just have that brain do everything and have no pilot.
Old 2013-06-03, 12:18   Link #60
Nvis
Where are the good animes

I thought GA consists of all Ledo clones(or probably all the soldiers are) = Clone Army.
Closed Thread

Tags
characters