Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-05-11, 16:20   Link #921
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356 View Post
I for one am definately buying Aria. Though I'm debating whether I should preorder it on TRSI's website or wait until closer to release to see what other online stores are charging. I don't usually preorder anything, so if I decide to preorder it, it'll be the second thing ever.
TRSI's price is already 25% off MSRP, and there's an extra $5 off Nozomi Entertainment coupon that can be found on their website, near where they talk about the print catalog. I don't think you're going to find it priced better anytime soon.
Old 2008-05-11, 18:04   Link #922
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
TRSI's price is already 25% off MSRP, and there's an extra $5 off Nozomi Entertainment coupon that can be found on their website, near where they talk about the print catalog. I don't think you're going to find it priced better anytime soon.
$32.49 for 13 episodes is pretty nice. Less with the Got Anime 10% discount. Although I'm not sure if the 10% is applied before or after the $5 off. Regardless I plan to use the $5 coupon towards Aria the Animation. Just a matter of ordering it before the pre-order discount as removed. Granted since it's still May I have plenty of time.
Old 2008-05-11, 18:54   Link #923
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Ah I didn't know about the coupon. That makes it $35.49 after $3 shipping. Yeah I don't think I'll be able to beat that price even with free shipping at some other sites. I guess this will make Aria the second thing I've ever pre-ordered. (The first was Final Fanstay X.)
Old 2008-05-11, 20:36   Link #924
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

without a doubt i'm buying this one. when you consider that ~35 dollars would normally net you around 4 episodes of a normal anime.. thanks for the heads up with the coupon.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-11, 23:31   Link #925
Need more Aria
恥ずかしいセリフ禁止!

Send a message via AIM to Need more Aria
I was wondering if anyone has read the blog from

http://animearimasu.animeblogger.net...series-review/

it does contain summaries of last 3 episodes so if you haven't seen it yet I advise you to scroll down the page into the review section.

Spoiler:
Need more Aria is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 01:24   Link #926
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

I didn't know about the $5 coupon until it was too late, either (and apparently my renewing my Got Anime account in the order made customer service unable to apply the coupon retroactively). I did, however, order the set with a few volumes of the ARIA manga in order to push myself above the $49 free shipping threshold.

I considered phoning in to customer support to try to get the $5, but I decided it wasn't worth the hassle. I really don't mind letting TRSI keep the money in exchange for their awesome service.
Old 2008-05-12, 04:28   Link #927
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarCreator View Post
). I did, however, order the set with a few volumes of the ARIA manga in order to push myself above the $49 free shipping threshold.
That's one of the reasons I was thinking of holding out actually, I wasn't sure that would work sice it's a preorder, and with shipping that would have pushed it up to $40, which I was pretty sure I'd be able to beat. The coupon pushed me over the edge by bringing it down to $35. I still feel a bit silly preordering it so far in advance though. Well, at least I'm guaranteed to get copy at a good price.
Old 2008-05-12, 21:53   Link #928
mikesince83
AnimeSuki Freshman

ARIA all over again

Wow I didn't realize how much I missed this series till I watched episode ten of Origination. I have three more episode to go so I'll watch one each day, Wednesday through Friday. It works out perfectly!

It certainly is a disappointment that ARIA is over since there really isn't any other (that I know of) decent slice of life series running this season besides maybe Chi's Sweet Home. I haven't seen any of it though so I can't really make a comparison.

And of course it's great to hear the show has been licensed. Does anyone know if they'll do a full dub, or just go with subtitles? Honestly I don't think I could watch the series without the lovable Japanese seiyus that practically define the world of ARIA, but it would be interesting to hear what some English voice actors could do.
mikesince83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-12, 22:55   Link #929
StarCreator
HnK founding lunatic

The press release and subsequent preorder listing clearly states the release is subtitled-only.
Old 2008-05-12, 23:06   Link #930
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesince83 View Post
And of course it's great to hear the show has been licensed. Does anyone know if they'll do a full dub, or just go with subtitles? Honestly I don't think I could watch the series without the lovable Japanese seiyus that practically define the world of ARIA, but it would be interesting to hear what some English voice actors could do.
So far it's sub only. I was kind of hoping for a dub though, since I know people who'd like the series but won't watch anything subbed.
Old 2008-05-13, 00:53   Link #931
Kempis Curious
:love::love::love:

Location: Loving a peaceful life in San Clemente, California.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
All I want to know is: Who in the WORLD did Alicia get married TO?!?!?!?!? You'd think a boyfriend would show up at Aria Company at least once in a while!
Sorry guys, I'm the one marrying Alicia. I did show up to the company a few times, but... umm... what's her name Hikaru wasn't there. Alicia's house was kind of far from Aria Company too, it was more convenient for me to see her there.

I'm surprised she never talked about me, maybe she was embarrassed that my name doesn't start with "A". But doesn't "Hikaru" begin with an "H"? I don't get it.

-k

curious
Kempis Curious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-13, 15:09   Link #932
ZeRoGravity

A lot of teary moments towards the end of the series. One of most satisfying ending I've seen from an anime in a while. I still have a warm feeling inside of me after finish watching the series last night. One of the few series I am willing to buy DVDs for.
Old 2008-05-15, 00:44   Link #933
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

bought the full set of winter uniform figures. pics to come later today. also don't know if you guys saw this:
http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/?p=687

Last edited by germanturkey; 2008-05-15 at 01:22.
Old 2008-05-15, 02:25   Link #934
KrebMarkt
Never do well

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
bought the full set of winter uniform figures. pics to come later today. also don't know if you guys saw this:
http://www.akiba-station.com/blog/?p=687
Want them All, Want them All.

Any webstore for international pre-order ?

First is Akari long hair version
She looks better than in the anime version.

Can anyone with good eyes guess who are the next two.

Last edited by KrebMarkt; 2008-05-15 at 02:36.
KrebMarkt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 02:35   Link #935
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ links are broken

Old 2008-05-15, 12:45   Link #936
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

yum. spring uniform to come in the next few weeks when i can go back to the store..
Old 2008-05-15, 13:56   Link #937
WanderingKnight
Gregory House
*IT Support

Send a message via MSN to WanderingKnight
I'm particularly amused by the "NOW DROWNING" wording on the promotional images right next to Akari (I suppose those are things coming up on August and September?).

On an unrelated note, the local manga store FINALLY got a supply of Aqua vol 2, so I could at last get a hold of it. I've been trying to get that one for more than a year now, but the owner didn't import it. Seems my yelling at him finally made him reconsider

Place them in a box until a quieter time | Lights down, you up and die.
WanderingKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-15, 15:21   Link #938
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
On an unrelated note, the local manga store FINALLY got a supply of Aqua vol 2, so I could at last get a hold of it. I've been trying to get that one for more than a year now, but the owner didn't import it. Seems my yelling at him finally made him reconsider
You should have got him to read some of the manga, then i'm sure he would have imported it a lot sooner.
Old 2008-05-15, 16:57   Link #939
G. Zeus
Cafe Alpha customer

Send a message via Yahoo to G. Zeus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
You should have got him to read some of the manga, then i'm sure he would have imported it a lot sooner.
Dunno about that. It's far from being the fastest selling title around and methinks it's still a hard sell despite the recent increase in popularity.

Yokohama Kaidashi Kikou
<º))))><.¸.•´¯`•.¸reviews¸.•´¯`•.¸links¸.•´¯`•.¸.><((((º>
G. Zeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-16, 14:57   Link #940
Kamui4356
Aria Company

Quote:
Originally Posted by WanderingKnight View Post
I'm particularly amused by the "NOW DROWNING" wording on the promotional images right next to Akari (I suppose those are things coming up on August and September?).
I think it's supposed to say 'now drawing', but someone either made a typo that didn't get caught, or it was a romanization error.

Tags
hal, sci-fi, slice of life