AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2017-06-27, 05:17   Link #361
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sixth View Post
Is it? Doesn't matter. I just called him Shaman because it looks like a shaman to me.
quite different actually, Shaman are leader of small group of goblins as with the case GS reminded the party during the Ogre case and the priestess events. Lord ruled over entire horde, with champions inside it. Far, far higher ranked and dangerous than Shaman.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 05:48   Link #362
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Wow, the final page of chapter 13 is amazing.

This is like a mirror match between GS and the Shaman as both of them kinda have similar past.
Not just the final page. GS apperance is chillingly amazing. He's like a boss straight outta Dark SOuls if you ask me.

Been thinking of making that last page my new avie.
Old 2017-06-27, 05:49   Link #363
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Wow, the final page of chapter 13 is amazing.

This is like a mirror match between GS and the Shaman as both of them kinda have similar past.
Indeed. It goes to show how not so different the Goblin Lord and GS are, both learned from experience to be smarter, better and stronger and have strong hatred for the other race. The difference being GS has noble yet pragmatic reason to kill goblins and save people while the Goblin Lord is selfish person who desires power and won't hesitate to kill or sacrifice his followers.

In a related note, i think i remember the 2nd chapter about GS and Priestess talking about the idea of "good Goblins" which GS is willing to believe if such goblins do exists if he ever meet and shown proof of these good goblins who are not like their evil brethren.

This does pose an interesting question. If a goblin child was spared and raised by humans, will this Goblin child be civilized and has an empathy for non-goblin races and not follow like their evil brethren?
Old 2017-06-27, 06:14   Link #364
Twi

Goblins inherently feel animosity towards those with words (the human, dwarves, elves, lizardmen, etc.) like all monster, and as GS said in the first chapter, they remember losing their nest. That woman who spared him as a Goblin child because he was a child promptly got her head bashed in for it. Anyone who takes in a goblin child will very likely end up the same way, killed once they are able. That's why he doesn't like leaving children to survive, so they don't end up like this.

Mind you, there could be a curveball somewhere down the line.
Old 2017-06-27, 09:47   Link #365
dragon1412

hard to say, like GS, a good goblin probably exist if you look hard enough. But that doesn't mean every goblin is good, as a matter of fact, the damage of sparing all goblins kids just for 1 good goblin isn't worth it. Look at the goblin Lord this chapter and you will see, his action is probably 99% of spared goblin will act.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 10:04   Link #366
sparhawk1610
Asura

I will summarize it, good goblin = dead goblin
Old 2017-06-27, 10:26   Link #367
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparhawk1610 View Post
I will summarize it, good goblin = dead goblin
Good goblin = not in this manga.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-06-27, 16:54   Link #368
Twi

Both are right answers.
Old 2017-07-03, 06:03   Link #369
Jazzrat
Bearly Legal

To the goblins, humans are the monsters ��. It's all about angle of perception. I been wondering why I been enjoying this manga so much but it just came to me that GS is kinda like macguyver. Killing goblins with ingenuity and innovation.

Plus the dark soul like vibe helps.
Old 2017-07-03, 09:36   Link #370
dmaxzero

-Your home. Is gone.-

If you look for the word epic in the dictionary, a picture of Goblin Slayer appears.
dmaxzero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-03, 11:22   Link #371
Twi

I wonder if he set the women in there free beforehand. Probably killed a lot of Goblin Kids too.
Old 2017-07-10, 23:45   Link #372
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twi View Post
I wonder if he set the women in there free beforehand. Probably killed a lot of Goblin Kids too.
It's GS. Unfortunately, unless he had more than Priestess with him I'd doubt he'll try to save the women.

Goblin kids though... We'll probably somewhere around the double digits count in term of "collateral"
Old 2017-07-11, 14:49   Link #373
Twi

What I hope he did was kill the kids, ensure the women are safe, block the entrance to stop anymore goblins from getting inside, and then come back with others to retrieve them.
Old 2017-07-12, 14:01   Link #374
ReddyRedWolf

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post

In a related note, i think i remember the 2nd chapter about GS and Priestess talking about the idea of "good Goblins" which GS is willing to believe if such goblins do exists if he ever meet and shown proof of these good goblins who are not like their evil brethren.

This does pose an interesting question. If a goblin child was spared and raised by humans, will this Goblin child be civilized and has an empathy for non-goblin races and not follow like their evil brethren?
Here is my thought if it is more on nurture than nature. Any Goblin child born in a nest is already predisposed towards not respecting other races that is what they were raised. Their mothers are nothing but breeding livestock not there to take care of them. Hence no point of empathy.

Any rescued women if they are pregnant would be forced to abort the goblin in their womb.

Theoretically a good goblin can only come about if its mother felt love for it than disgust from being the product of her rape. This assumes the mother escapes on her own and gives birth away from Goblins and other races. Raising her goblin child by herself.

But here is the thing other races would biased at such a goblin due to his race's bad reputation.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 10:16   Link #375
watisit

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Here is my thought if it is more on nurture than nature. Any Goblin child born in a nest is already predisposed towards not respecting other races that is what they were raised. Their mothers are nothing but breeding livestock not there to take care of them. Hence no point of empathy.

Any rescued women if they are pregnant would be forced to abort the goblin in their womb.

Theoretically a good goblin can only come about if its mother felt love for it than disgust from being the product of her rape. This assumes the mother escapes on her own and gives birth away from Goblins and other races. Raising her goblin child by herself.

But here is the thing other races would biased at such a goblin due to his race's bad reputation.
You saw what happens when people give the goblins the benefit of the doubt.
watisit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 10:59   Link #376
Breimn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post

The only good goblin is a dead goblin.
Breimn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-07-20, 11:47   Link #377
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by watisit View Post
You saw what happens when people give the goblins the benefit of the doubt.
You were exaggerating and blew the entire scenario out of proportion. I mean, it was just a small rock mauled on your head.
Old 2017-07-21, 12:24   Link #378
xeviouses

Didn't know we had a forum for the GS manga. Anyway:

I just hope after this skirmish GS gets treated with a little more respect. The vets treat him as a hallmark or the guild mascot, while noobs think he's just some poser just because he doesn't have bling. (IMO GS armor looks awesome kinda like the armor from DS2)
Old 2017-07-27, 04:56   Link #379
Sixth
Hu Tao

Chapter 14 is out.

The veterans are finally realized how dangerous those champion goblins were. Neat combo from those 2 knight couple.
Old 2017-07-27, 05:35   Link #380
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Well that was great team up between those two knights.
And GS deals a fatal blow to the Goblin Lord.

Tags
dark fantasy, harem, mature content, tragedy