AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Rating
Perfect 10 29 29.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 19.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 24.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 13 13.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 8 8.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 3 3.00%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 2.00%
Voters: 100. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-04-01, 09:00   Link #1
Kairin
AnimeSuki's Mascot

To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [Season Finale]

Welcome to the discussion thread for To Aru Majutsu no Index II, Episode 24 (Season Finale).

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Kairin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 09:31   Link #2
relentlessflame

*Administrator

As a reminder since someone always asks: The Season II Overall Impressions thread will be released next week at around this time. This thread is for the discussion of Episode 24 itself.
Old 2011-04-01, 10:10   Link #3
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

So what is the big surprise at the end, those who get to see it live?
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 10:15   Link #4
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

There is no surprise. I thought it was already established that the article was a mistranslation. The director never said there would be a surprise at the end of the season.
Old 2011-04-01, 10:47   Link #5
faiz blaster

Before the thing actually airs, let me say right away that I am not expecting much out of this. Frankly, I always thought that using the story in the SS to close the season was a bad idea. It simply does not match the flow and mood of the rest of the season (it is an side story after all). It would have been much better if they had ended with the set up of Vol 13 and put the SS episodes as DVD extras.
faiz blaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 11:01   Link #6
Nayrael
The Faceless One

Send a message via MSN to Nayrael
DVD extras? SS1 may be side stories but they are Important Side Stories

With that said, beginning os S3 would have been a better place for 'em <_<
Old 2011-04-01, 11:09   Link #7
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

After this ep, I don't see why they felt the need to squeeze SS1 in. Maybe they wanted to cover as much of the novels as they could, but it was a pretty stupid idea.
Old 2011-04-01, 11:26   Link #8
tsunade666

okay after watching it. It might be good to say this but Ritoku is a level 0. And this episode show full of bada*s level 0.

EDIT:

They showed her
Spoiler for guess who's that loli is:

JC staff actually showed her
Old 2011-04-01, 11:39   Link #9
Okashira
どうだろうね。ふふ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
After this ep, I don't see why they felt the need to squeeze SS1 in. Maybe they wanted to cover as much of the novels as they could, but it was a pretty stupid idea.
Actually, no. There it was absolutely nothing that pointed out that the surprise was going to be within episode 24, if they are going to stick to that announcement then they might point out something "now" that the series is actually done with.

I liked this episode more than 23, even though they removed that absolutely precious washing machine hugging moment.

Shiage was voiced by Hino Satoshi. I think I had forgotten, but when Touma slammed Shiage with that security glass he blew away his noise piercing.... That oughta hurt.
Old 2011-04-01, 11:44   Link #10
zeniselv
Staring into your soul.

this epísode was super rushed the second part wouldnt make sense to those that havent readed the novels, it just felt like things happened put of the blue, im quessing that all that "rushedness" migth be for the sake of having references for railgun 2 or some ovas coming up.
Old 2011-04-01, 11:54   Link #11
tsunade666

............ this episode was totally unnecessary if you ask me. It just felt to rushed that you wouldn't understand much even though the fight with the level 0 komaba ritoku was a good scene.

But man they totally killed the fun in the SS. Shiage bro looked like a wuss which he is when his still in skill out but they totally didn't explain the whole stuff on what's happening in the part where they just shown Misaka Misuzu getting attacked.
Old 2011-04-01, 11:55   Link #12
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Shiage was voiced by Hino Satoshi. I think I had forgotten, but when Touma slammed Shiage with that security glass he blew away his noise piercing.... That oughta hurt.
LOLOLOLOLOL!! Holy shit serious?! Hamazura Shiage is Satoshi Hino?! As in Yuuji and Saito?!

This might not mean much to most normal people, but this little piece of news just made my day in the most strangest and incomprehensible way
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:23   Link #13
Seihai
スマイリウム

Hamazura's voice is hilarious. In a neutral way. So can someone explain why Misuzu was chased and all? It was a bit sudden. Other than that, I really liked the episode. The first scene was so joygasmic, best bgm track ever. Everything involving GROUP also seems to be epic. I laughed when Accelerator aimed the gun at Touma. The use of bgm in this episode was really extra nice, and I don't really mind the fast pacing as I understood most of it. Well, there's not much you can miss anyway I think? 8.5/10
Old 2011-04-01, 12:28   Link #14
tsunade666

simple answer is Misuzu wants to take Misaka back from the academy city. She wants to take her child back home because the war is starting and it's getting dangerous but the ting is. The academy city is practically the safest place if their will be a war. Except no touching into the dark side.

If a level 5 child goes home. It will bring more worries towards the lower level children and their parents will take back their child due to impending danger. So the higher ups or should I say the screwed up directors. Make a deal with the skill out. Be killed or follow our order. So Shiage was ... well thrown into the corner. He just been promoted leader after Ritoku getting killed and the higher ups are already cornering them. So he was forced to follow the directors. And the order is to kill Misaka Misuzu.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:33   Link #15
Seihai
スマイリウム

Thanks for the answer, sounds pretty plausible. And another question if you don't mind, where / to who was GROUP heading to in the end? I think they mentioned it but I can't be sure without subs.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:34   Link #16
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Fail in topic title. Fix it D:
Old 2011-04-01, 12:44   Link #17
Ice Block
less qq; more pewpew

Spoiler for Ep23:
Old 2011-04-01, 12:45   Link #18
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okashira View Post
Actually, no. There it was absolutely nothing that pointed out that the surprise was going to be within episode 24, if they are going to stick to that announcement then they might point out something "now" that the series is actually done with.

I liked this episode more than 23, even though they removed that absolutely precious washing machine hugging moment.

What? I wasn't talking about any announcement. And there was no surprise or announcement to begin with. The director never said there was going to be a surprise at the end of Index II, that was a mistranslation. He was talking about Accelerator Railguning Kihara being a surprise ending to the fight.

Anyway, the beginning of the ep with Awaki and Ritoku was awesome, and so was Accelerator and Ritoku's fight. Really wish the whole season had been animated this well, and not just a handful of episodes. That aside, I'm glad they finally used the BGM from the PV in this episode, I really wanted it on OST 2. Overall, the entire ep was good, but it just felt out of place. They really should've just ended the season on vl 13 and left SS1 to four OVAs. The first one for Touma and his class' hotpot trip and his convo with Tsuchimikado, the second one for Accelerator's first GROUP mission, the third for the nun shenanigans which they cut out, and the fourth for Touma and Accelerator's Skill-Out fight. I really just can't fathom why they decided to go this route. I hope someone does an interview with the director or someone and ask them straight up what the point of including the SS was, because it just makes no sense to me.
Old 2011-04-01, 12:47   Link #19
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
Thanks for the answer, sounds pretty plausible. And another question if you don't mind, where / to who was GROUP heading to in the end? I think they mentioned it but I can't be sure without subs.
Quentin Tarantino style of four people walking away to the distance, usually a sunset or rise, with no real destination in mind.

Usually away from a building that's about to explode as well...

The novel joked that they look like a group of friend going out for a night at the karaoke...
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-01, 12:58   Link #20
Mr.Kyon
I crack you up

Apparently they cut out the Awaki/Accel angry sex fuel.

Please tell me it ain't so...
Mr.Kyon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
final episode thread