mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Ann "Oh, that feels good."
Lene "It's a lady's job to be clean down to her last screw hole."
Ann "Oh, Ah, Ah! N-Not there!"
Hamster (while scratching head) "wtf are they doing in there..."
LOL
An new genre has been born, mecha musume yuri!

Quote:
Let's not forget Ann was checking out her own ass to see if she needed 'repairs' just like Hina was getting.
I was really expecting her(them) to grab a screwdriver and star peeling of her own paint job. It is surprising how well they tend to get along seeing how much they crave for even the slightiest of the attentions from their master.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 13:30   Link #182
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

I'm likely going to check out the first episode sometime this weekend to see if I should continue to watch this show (as I've been collecting the figures and have my own unique story idea that could clash with the personalities of some of the characters in the series). However, before I do that, I did check out the OP, and as someone who has knowledge of the Busou Shinki franchise, here's my comments about the other Shinki that appear in the OP (outside of the ones that have already been shown):
Spoiler for Busou Shinki figures:
Old 2012-10-20, 15:10   Link #183
Random Wanderer

Quote:
4. Wait, I'm confused. So the Shinki's undersuits are painted on? Then how did they get naked for the bath? The only explanation I can think of is part swapping, but then that raises the question of why you'd want to go buy naked body parts for your doll. (That's a rhetorical question, we ALL know EXACTLY why you'd want those parts)
They may come as part of the standard set. It's entirely possible, really.

Quote:
And why are people concentrating on why mini-mech are nude? Shouldn't we be more interested in that these dolls are programed to feel horny?

Ann "Oh, that feels good."
Lene "It's a lady's job to be clean down to her last screw hole."
Ann "Oh, Ah, Ah! N-Not there!"
There's a lot about these Shinki that gets disturbing if we think about it too much.

Quote:
This show may also have created a butt-painting fetish. Even with the doll joints, that's pretty decent Hina fanservice.
That position...

Quote:
I'm likely going to check out the first episode sometime this weekend to see if I should continue to watch this show
It depends on what you're looking for. The art-quality in this show isn't particularly high, although the CG work in the combat scenes is surprisingly dcent. Likewise, the story and characters are not particularly deep. What we've got here are some decent fun times watching the antics of these doll-girls, without much in the way of anything serious happening. And some fanservice, with a bit of weirdness thrown in due to doll-joints.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 17:52   Link #184
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:
Originally Posted by Random Wanderer View Post
There's a lot about these Shinki that gets disturbing if we think about it too much.
Disturbing? Nah. More fun and interesting? Hell yes! I can just imagine it now, all the games a Shinki (Ann preferably) and I could play.
Snuffle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 18:12   Link #185
Random Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffle View Post
Disturbing? Nah. More fun and interesting? Hell yes! I can just imagine it now, all the games a Shinki (Ann preferably) and I could play.
The fact that they are programmed, straight out of the box apparently, to romantically love their master is somewhat disturbing, if you ask me. I'm not big on someone being forced to love someone else.

There are numerous little things like that that shouldn't be thought about too much, or they start becoming unsettling.
Old 2012-10-20, 18:39   Link #186
kankyo

Quote:
The fact that they are programmed, straight out of the box apparently, to romantically love their master is somewhat disturbing, if you ask me. I'm not big on someone being forced to love someone else.

There are numerous little things like that that shouldn't be thought about too much, or they start becoming unsettling.
I'm not sure we've been shown evidence of their love being specifically romantic?
That said, I'm also not sure if any human could possibly be worthy of the kind of devotion Shinki have to their Masters.
kankyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 22:53   Link #187
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
I am not sure if that qualifies as romantic love, maybe it would be more adequate to say that they serve with enthusiasm and "As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service". ".
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-20, 23:39   Link #188
Random Wanderer

If you don't think our four girls are in love with their master, I have to ask if you've been watching the same thing I've been watching. Hina was brand new, yet still was hardcore tsundere for him right away. I doubt he selected that as part of their behavior (he doesn't have enough personality for me to believe he is capable of making decisions that have any significance), so she, and presumably the others, have that as part of their personality from the start.
Old 2012-10-21, 00:01   Link #189
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
I am not sure if that qualifies as romantic love, maybe it would be more adequate to say that they serve with enthusiasm and "As the great Andrew Martin once said "One is glad to be of service". ".
Mmm... But they hoped the love letter was to them, so I'm not so sure it is just enthusiasm.

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 01:22   Link #190
Arctic_Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukeman1884 View Post
Spoiler for Thoughts on ep 3:
If you want answers open up the spoiler

Spoiler:
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-21, 01:26   Link #191
Arctic_Kitsune

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
The logical answer is that (their master) uses paint that goes invisible when in contact with warm water, te he he.
Well, I will note your guess. Knowing Shinkis the paint stays on regardless so the Visualizer gadget itself nudifies the Shinkis. We're seeing them nude because the visualizer gadget covered them up in that fake portion.....Take note in episode 2 when all four Shinkis change the settings similar to Battle Rondo's Diorama Studio, they go nude when in the onsen only to get their body back when in a "normal" setting. The visualizer itself covers up their body by inserting data or playing with the light frequency.

Konami and 8-Bit Studio is free to prove me wrong though. I will stick with the Visual Gadget assumption until proven wrong by them.
Arctic_Kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 13:08   Link #192
Midonin
Last Engage

Spoiler for Busou Shinki 04 - A Demon on Wheels:
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-25, 16:37   Link #193
TnAdct1
Honya-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Spoiler for Busou Shinki 05:
Spoiler for Episode 5:
Old 2012-10-26, 00:03   Link #194
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-26, 11:35   Link #195
Algester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic_Kitsune View Post
If you want answers open up the spoiler

Spoiler:
another thing might be is that the master has bought naked parts in the past... since technically the naked parts is really up to the user to customize.. and as for the bodies in a way its painted on not sure molded with the outlines painted checking my Labriete as an example... I still want to get an Arnval MK2 Tempesta...
Algester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-27, 16:09   Link #196
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

The first serious battle for Hina in the third episode and was quite packed with adrenaline rushes and power struggles.

Good relief for the girls' Master that the charges on him were dropped once the true culprit was caught; thanks to some miniature fighters.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 03:20   Link #197
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Sub's out for 4 finally. So many Shinki's appearing that I can't even name them all, but of course only the main ones get significant screentime. Ia nonchalantly changing the rules for the hell of it due to the changing circumstances has to be the best part though.

And of course, Ann saves the day once again in the most unexpected manner

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 04:15   Link #198
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I think there is one fundamental rule of shinki, and that is (after shinki are made of coherent love) that Arnval is the best mabu-rabu evar.

I mean, Arnval is the best Shinki, because she's not afraid and can do anything. Full spec Arnvsl Mk 2 is more like an lightning bruiser who can fight in all roles well, and isn't just a one trick pony or a Jack of all trades.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-10-28, 06:41   Link #199
Tsundere Louise
D-Don't stare, baka...

Somehow I've got a feeling like I was watching Wacky Races, only in Japanese style and with shinki's... Well, the episode was funny, so it was good.

Ep 5 preview: So even swimsuits count as armor? >.>
Old 2012-10-28, 07:01   Link #200
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.4
well give more characters develop focus ep on aines & lene give either all 4 are "sisters".

yea race went mix of wacky racing & mario kart with minus turtle shell cause team rocket cat-shinki sneak but denied.

yet it was one hole sterring wheel wins but 4 main & master get vaciation trip cue ann won raffle to get trip & next ep beach, hamster, & shooter?
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, bishoujo, mecha musume, science fiction, slice of life