AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2016-02-11, 11:17   Link #21
Yamada II

I'm really disappointed that Dio Brando lost. That guy was one hell of a villain and should have won.
A lot of the other results disappointed me but Yona won so it's almost all okay.
Yamada II is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 23:00   Link #22
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Before I get to the results, I really want to tip my cap to Haak and felix on their artwork for this year's AS Choice Awards. Both the artwork used during the voting phase, and the artwork used for these banners, is excellent. The 2015 banners are proably the best set of AS Choice Awards banners I've seen. Awesome work, guys!

Overall, I'm very pleased with these results. 11 of my votes ended up being for winners, and almost all of my favorite 2015 anime shows managed to win something. I'm glad to see Shirobako, Shigatsu, Akatsuki no Yona, and One-Punch Man all do well - Each taking home two or more awards. What I'm most pleased with is Love Live! winning Best Movie - A nice way to cap off the original μ's continuity, and to have one last firework for one of the most heartwarming and magical anime properties I've watched.

For the awards in general, I like how no anime property dominated this year. I don't think any one anime IP took home more than 3 awards. Fate/Stay Night UBW did not end up running away with it, and I think they were worthy winners in the three categories they did win.

The only thing I find slightly disappointing is Hibike! Euphonium winning nothing. But ah well, they'll get another chance with its 2nd season airing later this year.
Old 2016-02-11, 23:01   Link #23
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

Having gotten most of my salt out of the way after the nomination round, I have few complaints about these results. Almost everything I voted for in the voting phase won, and I'm glad to see Shirobako and Akatsuki no Yona get this level of appreciation.

On another note, ASuki should really watch Houkago no Pleiades. Seriously. It's glorious, the secret shining jewel of 2015. Watch it!
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-11, 23:17   Link #24
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
Having gotten most of my salt out of the way after the nomination round, I have few complaints about these results. Almost everything I voted for in the voting phase won, and I'm glad to see Shirobako and Akatsuki no Yona get this level of appreciation.

On another note, ASuki should really watch Houkago no Pleiades. Seriously. It's glorious, the secret shining jewel of 2015. Watch it!
I 2nd this recommendation. Houkago no Pleiades was probably the best 2015 anime show to not even get through nominations. If I had my time back, I might have nominated it in Romance category, and promoted it there.

And I don't know if any anime show combines thought-provoking sci-fi with glorious visuals with magical girl-style fantasy quite like Houkago does!
Old 2016-02-26, 19:33   Link #25
Pen3

Just be glad because one of my favorite show didn't even get any nominations.... Soukyuu no Fafner. I enjoyed it much more than this season of Fate.
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 02:01   Link #26
Archaeon

Tokyo Anime Award are having their own award for last year anime. No winner for each genre, just overall winner.

Theatrical

TV

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-new...year-finalists

2 of top 4 Animesuki Best TV series, Shirobako and OPM are in the finalists. So Animesuki and Japan do have similar taste to certain extent.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 03:44   Link #27
Ulin

I have to say that I started Shirobako seeing the good results it got here and I'm not being dissapointed at all... It started a bit slow but I'm really enjoying it (and I've not even watched half of it)
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-02-27, 05:31   Link #28
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
I have to say that I started Shirobako seeing the good results it got here and I'm not being dissapointed at all... It started a bit slow but I'm really enjoying it (and I've not even watched half of it)
I did the same thing when it started showing up in the nominations and liked it so much I promptly marathoned it and amended my choices

It's a fantastic show. It's not mind blowing but its so eager and genuine that I just can't help but love it. I'm happy it got some recognition here in the awards
Old 2016-02-27, 17:03   Link #29
Psyco Diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
I did the same thing when it started showing up in the nominations and liked it so much I promptly marathoned it and amended my choices

It's a fantastic show. It's not mind blowing but its so eager and genuine that I just can't help but love it. I'm happy it got some recognition here in the awards
Great I blew off too and its because of this thread I want to watch it also
Psyco Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 11:01   Link #30
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulin View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psyco Diver View Post
Great I blew off too and its because of this thread I want to watch it also
Then I guess this thread has done it's job.

In my case, I was already aware had quite a god word of mouth, I just didn't have time to watch it until the end of December.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-01, 14:24   Link #31
Wandering Soul

Count me in as someone else that started Shirobako thanks to the poll here. It started off a bit slow but I grew fond of the characters and I'm learning more about the process of making an anime. I'm more than halfway through the series and I have to say so far it's a wonderful and enjoyable series.
Old 2016-03-01, 14:26   Link #32
Ulin

In my case, I haven't even noticed, but I'm already at episode 21!!! If I had watched it earlier it probably would have influenced my votes. It's good to see that even if you don't agree with some of the choices, good anime is most of the time recognised.
Ulin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-02, 03:13   Link #33
0utf0xZer0
Pretentious moe scholar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post
I 2nd this recommendation. Houkago no Pleiades was probably the best 2015 anime show to not even get through nominations. If I had my time back, I might have nominated it in Romance category, and promoted it there.
Not having seen Pleiades (I'll see if I can find the time at some point), for me the big scandal was Koufuku Graffiti not making it into the finals for best slice of life.

Doubly so because I could have given it the two points it needed to tie with Working S3 had I voted this year. But I decided to stay out since there were too many top contenders I hadn't seen/finished across quite a few categories. Oops.

Signature courtesy of Ganbaru.
0utf0xZer0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 06:24   Link #34
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

On related note

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 07:17   Link #35
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

While I enjoyed Shirobako and voted for it here, I don't find it surprising that people in the anime industry itself voted Shirobako best of the year!
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 13:28   Link #36
MartianMage

Same number of voters as last year huh?

Anyway... only a few of my votes won but I'm most disappointed that Gakuto didn't win! orz
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-21, 22:59   Link #37
Archaeon

Shirobako certainly deserve it.
Archaeon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 10:54   Link #38
Tormenk

Well deserved win for Shirobako. Very happy it got the recognition it deserved for such a sincere piece of work.

"Are you afraid of change? Or are you afraid to change?"

"Wheel turns, river flows and life goes on."

"Best way to kill a man, is to leave him alone."

"Until you come, until we close our eyes."

Tormenk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-03-22, 23:06   Link #39
Wandering Soul

Shirobako definitely deserved that win. Nice to see that it was so well received.
Old 2016-03-24, 01:27   Link #40
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

http://animefestival.jp/ja/post/3763/

Love Live wins in movie department.

Gintama won fan favorite

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
choice awards