1. Liscia
2. Juna
3. Aisha
4. Tomoe
5. Fox Girl
6. Carla
7. Roroa
8. Jeanne/Maria

Tomoe is a bit of a stretch, it might as well be that she can or will become the younger sister. The fox girl is also a stretch, since she has a childhood friend, though those don't really end up working out She's intelligent though so there's a chance she'll end up on the inner circle sooner or later.

Again, plenty of room for everybody, even with the newly introduced empress and her sister

My only nitpick is that I wanted Roroa and Souma to meet before this ended, but I didn't know this was a split cour so I'll just have to wait a few months
frodonk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 08:01   Link #302
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Based on the limit of 8 I guess we can do this:

1. Liscia
2. Juna
3. Aisha
4. Tomoe
5. Fox Girl
6. Carla
7. Roroa
8. Jeanne/Maria

Tomoe is a bit of a stretch, it might as well be that she can or will become the younger sister. The fox girl is also a stretch, since she has a childhood friend, though those don't really end up working out She's intelligent though so there's a chance she'll end up on the inner circle sooner or later.

Again, plenty of room for everybody, even with the newly introduced empress and her sister

My only nitpick is that I wanted Roroa and Souma to meet before this ended, but I didn't know this was a split cour so I'll just have to wait a few months
Fox girl is more of a stretch than even adding Serina there...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 09:40   Link #303
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I could maybe see Tomoe WANTING to be his bride sometime later, like maybe in five or six years when she's well into her teen years she starts to develop feelings that aren't really befitting of a "little sister", and seeks to become his wife (pretty sure she could become a full wife since she's now legally the former king's daughter and as much a princess as Liscia). Still a stretch though and I'd prefer she remain just an adoring little sister.

Kaede on the other hand is definitely not happening. Yeah, childhood friends tend to be pretty low on ranked in terms of romantic rivals, but this depends on a lot of factors that can be seen with a little examination. In this case, she shows no interest in Souma as a man, unlike the other girls. Furthermore, it's been established repeatedly that the two of them are already in love with one another. Childhood friends with unrequited love and romantic rivals have extremely low success rates, but if the two are already in love with one another it's a different story. I'm going to say the two of them are going to remain loyal subordinates with a very healthy level of admiration, and nothing more.

I can't wait to see how Roroa makes her entrance. (I've read far enough to know how this will turn out, but I still can't wait to see it).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 09:51   Link #304
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by frodonk View Post
Based on the limit of 8 I guess we can do this:

1. Liscia
2. Juna
3. Aisha
4. Tomoe
5. Fox Girl
6. Carla
7. Roroa
8. Jeanne/Maria

I don't see Souma doing badly by his bro Hal like that by marrying Kaede unless he was forced too .
Old 2021-09-26, 09:59   Link #305
Huh...?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I can't wait to see how Roroa makes her entrance.
I am more interested in the debut of "Miss Dran", though that might not happening depending on how much plot they cover.

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-26, 10:20   Link #306
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I could maybe see Tomoe WANTING to be his bride sometime later, like maybe in five or six years when she's well into her teen years she starts to develop feelings that aren't really befitting of a "little sister", and seeks to become his wife (pretty sure she could become a full wife since she's now legally the former king's daughter and as much a princess as Liscia). Still a stretch though and I'd prefer she remain just an adoring little sister.

Kaede on the other hand is definitely not happening. Yeah, childhood friends tend to be pretty low on ranked in terms of romantic rivals, but this depends on a lot of factors that can be seen with a little examination. In this case, she shows no interest in Souma as a man, unlike the other girls. Furthermore, it's been established repeatedly that the two of them are already in love with one another. Childhood friends with unrequited love and romantic rivals have extremely low success rates, but if the two are already in love with one another it's a different story. I'm going to say the two of them are going to remain loyal subordinates with a very healthy level of admiration, and nothing more.

I can't wait to see how Roroa makes her entrance. (I've read far enough to know how this will turn out, but I still can't wait to see it).
Souma literally used his power as a king to make sure the childhood friends were paired together .
Old 2021-10-07, 21:13   Link #307
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Unfortunately, they've ended it before the part that confuses me most, so I can't really ask what he meant by it.
That being said, they also ended it far before the big hint regarding Elisha, why people here said that she isn't commendable at all

There were also a few changes, compared to the manga, like Jeanne not meeting him in the open street but rather in a secluded area, which makes even less sense since she is running around in armor....
Armor being said: What happened to Lishia's armor... Well tbH I don't remember whether she wore her armor during that battle, or only later on.

Gaius also only dropped dead once he was acknowledged, and not right before.

E:Actually they already hinted that there is a catch in the declaration in the anime... Sadly, I still can't ask the question until a certain scene, as the exact contents have yet to be revealed, other than the part with the territory.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2021-10-07 at 21:35.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-08, 13:00   Link #308
Frontier

The new Opening is pretty solid, with Inori Minase returning to vocals and adding a bit of a more serious tone after everything the cast went through in the last cour and the added weight and decisions they're now dealing with, as well as showing off some new characters (Native Americans!?). Although the real highlight was Souma riding a dragon and grabbing Liscia, who then promptly and confidently takes the reins from him and seeing the couple fly together into the sky .

Liscia's parents sure are relaxing well in their retirement from running the kingdom. I love how they're calling Souma they're son-in-law and accepting Tomoe as their second daughter. Although what was this "other time" they kept referring to? Is it something that only Liscia, being by Souma's side, can prevent? Does it have anything to do with the Dark Magic that Liscia's mother has ?

Elfrieden might not be able to hold onto Amidonia for very much longer, but they'll do what they can to improve the living situation and condition for the people...and maybe leave some bridges named after the people who took it over behind just to tick them off more .

Julius wants his kingdom back, but he has barely anything to negotiate with beyond Jeanne and the weight she holds, and can barely keep his anger in-check against the calm and collected Souma. It gets even worse when the list of Amidonia's crimes and the idea that the people might not even want the old government back gets thrown into his face .

I was kind of wondering what Serina meant by "taking care" of Julius, until it turns out she's basically going to get him blacked out drunk. I guess that's one way to pacify him .

So Liscia and Jeanne played together as kids...also sounds like it might've been an actual fight between the two, that Liscia won .

Well, I guess it's time for the real meat of this negotiation, Jeanne and Souma, and she's definitely not going to be a harder nut to crack even if she's ostensibly not against Elfrieden beyond what her kingdom asks of her .

The new Ending is pretty nice and serene, with showing off the cast together, the new characters, Liscia being jealous of Roroa who now seems to have her eyes set on Souma, and ending on a nice scene of Souma and Liscia together .
Old 2022-01-08, 13:56   Link #309
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

Don't mind me I'll just be somewhere in here until Roroa shows up again
Old 2022-01-08, 15:25   Link #310
Decel

Is it me or did the animation budget scaled up a notch?
Old 2022-01-10, 17:45   Link #311
Dj0rel
True Believer

I liked the part where Souma basically said "Julius could you leave the room, the grownups are gonna talk now."
Old 2022-01-15, 12:59   Link #312
Frontier

Jeanne isn't the typical prim and proper princess type, she's a general who has lead her forces into battle, and as such she and her troops have had to make do on the battlefield...which includes eating monster meat .

I have to be honest, I had forgotten there was a Demon Threat looming over the politics and the in-fighting in Elfrieden, but for Jeanne it's and the Gran Chaos Empire, it's been a reality ever since they lost her and Maria's father, the previous Emperor, to the initial demon attack. So it's been in the background, but it's definitely a major deal .

What exactly are demons? Obviously everyone innately views them as demons and the other, and a threat to civilization, but what differentiates them from beastmen, monsters, or other races that are seen as part of human civilization? Are they not just a different race, just as valid in their own right, even if they're trying to infringe upon humanity? At least that seems to be how Souma is coming to see them .

So it seems like Elfrieden will leave Van if they get proper reparations from both Amidonia and the Empire, not that Julius will be happy with it (but what else can he expect?), and with an added bonus that now Elfrieden and the Empire will have a secret alliance of cooperation and communication that will build better relations between the two kingdoms .

Wow, Jeanne is so impressed by Souma that she straight up makes a pitch for him to come over to her side and marry her sister to become the new Emperor. And Liscia is so outraged that she would dare try to take Souma away from her...I mean, from the kingdom! And Aisha is about to raise her sword before Souma tells her to "stay" like the poor girl is a dog .

Demon Lord Divalroi? The true threat of Souma's kingdom? But why does that name sounds so familiar to Souma? What does it all mean ?

Nothing like a Liscia lap pillow to make up for talking politics and war against demons through the night .
Old 2022-01-15, 16:38   Link #313
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
Demon Lord Divalroi? The true threat of Souma's kingdom? But why does that name sounds so familiar to Souma? What does it all mean ?
Plot twist: Divalroi is Souma's childhood friend who moved away when they were very young.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-15, 17:08   Link #314
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Plot twist: Divalroi is Souma's childhood friend who moved away when they were very young.
I did think that, one way or another, it might be connected to his life in our world...
Old 2022-01-15, 17:29   Link #315
Huh...?

Quote:
And Aisha is about to raise her sword before Souma tells her to "stay" like the poor girl is a dog .
Aisha being referenced like a dog isn't something happens only once, it is done a lot of times, because how loyal she is to Souma, and how she sometimes act like she is his pet (like, the scene of Souma gifting Aisha a Lipstick & Liscia a Choker in Episode 13 ending; in the Novel, Aisha is shown so moved getting gifted with the Lipstick that her reactions caused even Liscia to comment that the Choker might have been a better gift for Aisha instead).
Quote:
Just a hint, the important factor here is reading the name in full Japanese (like how Souma was pronouncing it).
But truthfully, you won't have to worry about it much for now, as the plot relating to it is quite far back (current Anime is covering plot from LN v03, while the plot relating to that part would play role somewhere at v18 or v19 of the LN).

Genjitsu Shugi Yuusha Fandom Wikia ("Administrator")
Arifureta Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Tsuki ga Michibiku Isekai Douchu Fandom Wikia ("Bureaucrat" & "Administrator")
Yu-Gi-Oh! Fandom Wikia ("Content Moderator")
Huh...? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 05:23   Link #316
leongsh
Daijoubu!

I would have added the condition into the return of Van to Amidonia that if Amidonia makes another attempt against the Kingdom, the Empire will require Amidonia to permanently forfeit the land Amidonia loses in any battle with the Kingdom.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-16, 10:54   Link #317
Frontier

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
I would have added the condition into the return of Van to Amidonia that if Amidonia makes another attempt against the Kingdom, the Empire will require Amidonia to permanently forfeit the land Amidonia loses in any battle with the Kingdom.
I feel like that's probably going to be implied as an unspoken consequence if Van tries it again.
Old 2022-01-16, 17:13   Link #318
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
I feel like that's probably going to be implied as an unspoken consequence if Van tries it again.
I think the consequence is that they'll be dropped from the Mankind declaration, and lose all protection from invasion, not just Van.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-18, 20:13   Link #319
grecefar

yeah I believe too the demon lord is relate to our world in some way so that's why souma is having deja vu.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-01-19, 13:58   Link #320
frodonk
Master of Killing Time

All this episode reminded me of was one of those series from ancient times called Horizon in the Middle of Nowhere, where they also had multiple episodes where the characters are just talking and doing nothing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Please, Divalroi is Souma's osananajimi that he rejected when they were young, then swore to take revenge on him, but she moved out before she could do so and was transported to this world, she found herself inside the demon's domain, was crowned by the monsters as the demon king(queen) and she has to pretend that she's a demon herself.

Souma's going to see through her disguise and she will become part of the harem at some point as well