AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Old 2009-03-23, 02:59   Link #14141
Cat Megex
Seitenkan no Greeter

Send a message via AIM to Cat Megex Send a message via Yahoo to Cat Megex
Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ_RockmanX View Post
Spoiler for space:
I don't think I said this before, but I find it kinda funny how their uniform is a tracksuit in this image.
Cat Megex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 04:05   Link #14142
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Theoretical problem with Book 4...how do we make Itsuko not a total lesbian for Kyon-chan and instead into Haruki at another school? With Haruhi and Itsuki, Itsuki is not quite written as gay for Kyon...he'd more or less written to have very little concept of personal space it seems. So him going for Haruhi doesn't seem entirely out of character, since in that version of the world, Haruhi isn't making Closed Space all the time and making him work, so he can actually like her rather than just appease her. Itsuko, as written, seems to be a raging lesbian for Kyonko (am I wrong?). How does one get around this?
Old 2009-03-23, 06:49   Link #14143
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by otai View Post
Well, over the weekend, I tried to rationalize, some of the ideas we had on the Organization.

Spoiler for Excerpts from the Organization Archives.:
...that is amazingly epic. I've always thought some kind of back story fluff written in the form of field reports on the organization would be totally cool.
Roger Rambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 07:06   Link #14144
unmoldedtruck

Send a message via AIM to unmoldedtruck
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Theoretical problem with Book 4...how do we make Itsuko not a total lesbian for Kyon-chan and instead into Haruki at another school? With Haruhi and Itsuki, Itsuki is not quite written as gay for Kyon...he'd more or less written to have very little concept of personal space it seems. So him going for Haruhi doesn't seem entirely out of character, since in that version of the world, Haruhi isn't making Closed Space all the time and making him work, so he can actually like her rather than just appease her. Itsuko, as written, seems to be a raging lesbian for Kyonko (am I wrong?). How does one get around this?
Itsuko is bi, or faking the lesbian to mess with Kyonko. She hasn't met Kyonko. It's hard to be lesbian for someone you don't know of. How's that?
unmoldedtruck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 13:43   Link #14145
Nanao-kun
ナナオーくん

Quote:
Well, over the weekend, I tried to rationalize, some of the ideas we had on the Organization.

Spoiler for Excerpts from the Organization Archives.:
As the others have already mentioned, this is epic material.
Old 2009-03-23, 14:35   Link #14146
wittyusername
GRADE 8 NIGHTMARE VORTEX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro
Itsuko, as written, seems to be a raging lesbian for Kyonko (am I wrong?). How does one get around this?
I always just figured that Itsuko was either messing with Kyonko, bi, or a little bit of a slut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew
Itsuko is bi, or faking the lesbian to mess with Kyonko. She hasn't met Kyonko. It's hard to be lesbian for someone you don't know of. How's that?
I seem to remember that at some point it was mentioned (or at least heavily implied) that Itsuki acted, uh....like Itsuki around Kyon because that was what Haruhi found entertaining, and if she didn't see some real life almost-yaoi she'd make the two totally gay for each other. My memory might be off, though.
wittyusername is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 14:50   Link #14147
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by beanbrew View Post
Alternate explanation.

The Espers have a telepathic empathy with Suzumiya. This causes them to also have strong feelings for anyone that Suzumiya has strong feelings for. Thus when Haru(ki)hi develops feelings for Kyon(ko), Itsu(ko)ki goes gay for him/her.
Old 2009-03-23, 17:49   Link #14148
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
I prefer Roger's explanation, as most of the Koizumi "moments" happen when Suzumiya isn't even around.
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 20:53   Link #14149
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kogetsu Shirogane View Post
I prefer Roger's explanation, as most of the Koizumi "moments" happen when Suzumiya isn't even around.
Just seems to work better considering that after the "3 years ago" event, all the Espers suddenly had an intimate knowledge of who Haruhi was. It's not inconceivable that other things would cross over.
Old 2009-03-23, 22:28   Link #14150
ijuinkun

Also, if Haruhi's emotions do spill over onto them, then it explains some of their enthusiasm in keeping her happy--it's not just to keep her from creating Sealed Realities/Closed Spaces, but it is for their own mental well-being as well.
ijuinkun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-23, 23:25   Link #14151
otai

Send a message via MSN to otai
Quote:
The relationship between two girls are pure should not be seen with dirty eyes. A healthy relationship between maidens will have more skinship than boys.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ijuinkun View Post
Also, if Haruhi's emotions do spill over onto them, then it explains some of their enthusiasm in keeping her happy--it's not just to keep her from creating Sealed Realities/Closed Spaces, but it is for their own mental well-being as well.
Also explains why Koizumi seems angstiest at the beginning of the series; but more relaxed and trusting of Kyon as time goes by, that later Koizumi pledges his loyalty.
otai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 00:09   Link #14152
unmoldedtruck

Quote:
The relationship between two girls are pure should not be seen with dirty eyes. A healthy relationship between maidens will have more skinship than boys.
It's rather hard to have less since boys don't touch each other...

Quote:
Also explains why Koizumi seems angstiest at the beginning of the series; but more relaxed and trusting of Kyon as time goes by, that later Koizumi pledges his loyalty.
So Rambo found the Holy Grail of Wild Mass Guesses?
Old 2009-03-24, 00:10   Link #14153
Kogetsu Shirogane
Kneel Before Your King!

Send a message via AIM to Kogetsu Shirogane
At least when it comes to Koizumi...
WARNING: Kogetsu Shirogane cannot be held accountable for any actions taken by someone else. Potential side effects of communicating with this user include headaches, mild confusion, insanity, delirium, and jumping into fires. Do not expose this user to sunlight or water or feed this user after midnight.
... so you think you're a king now...
Kogetsu Shirogane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 01:35   Link #14154
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Okay. Than what about Yuuki 2.0 and Ryo.
Old 2009-03-24, 08:27   Link #14155
unmoldedtruck

Quote:
Okay. Than what about Yuuki 2.0 and Ryo.
I want yaoi.
Old 2009-03-24, 12:21   Link #14156
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
And here I thought you were all for the lolitas ...
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 12:51   Link #14157
Roger Rambo
Sensei, aishite imasu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aebliss View Post
And here I thought you were all for the lolitas ...
Beanbags a gay lolicon pedo. He's literally more fucked up than most languages or sciences can quantify.

Like measuring evil before the advent of Nazism, which brought us the unit of evil KiloNazi.
Old 2009-03-24, 13:14   Link #14158
Aebliss
Story Master

Send a message via AIM to Aebliss
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roger Rambo View Post
Beanbags a gay lolicon pedo. He's literally more fucked up than most languages or sciences can quantify.

Like measuring evil before the advent of Nazism, which brought us the unit of evil KiloNazi.
Wouldn't being gay make him a shotacon ...? =.=
Aebliss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-24, 14:51   Link #14159
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

He has so many that there is no definate answer anymore.

But how does that work when you add Kyonko to the picture? And how is Yuuki to react different in a meaningful way (a way to pull at Kyon's heart).
Old 2009-03-24, 15:24   Link #14160
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'd just like to suggest, since I missed the discussion earlier, that Koizumi only acts gay to screw with Kyon's mind.

Hell, if I had a friend who was as much of a homophobe as Kyon, I'd act gay just to screw with his head too.

And Ryou is gay for Yuuki but Yuuki isn't gay for Ryou.

Alt. Yuuki acts a bit like a less UNMANLY Mitsuuru, I suppose.

Oh, and Ryou isn't camp gay, he's very MANLY about his homosexuality.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
genderbender, seitenkan