AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2009-07-06, 10:56   Link #241
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Send a message via MSN to Bern-chan
Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
Of course not; but there could always be a scenarios like this: X person is in the boat for various reasons, Y person from the island dies, then X person steps on the island. Technically, there are 17 people on the island, but there is one more than in the previous games.
I guess, but there's a typhoon, the boat would most likely be destroyed on the shore or taken away by the tide even if it was tied up. I definitely think that as people die, more people probably somehow get onto the island though to replenish the numbers back to 17.
Bern-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:06   Link #242
confused_kitsune
Big Confused Cheese Inc.

Send a message via Yahoo to confused_kitsune
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bern-chan View Post
I guess, but there's a typhoon, the boat would most likely be destroyed on the shore or taken away by the tide even if it was tied up. I definitely think that as people die, more people probably somehow get onto the island though to replenish the numbers back to 17.
But there has to be a secure way to keep boats somewhat safe during a typhoon, or at least tied; remember that in ep 1 it's mentioned that Krauss' boat is out for repair? I doubt he repairs it every time after a storm. He must take some precautions. And then there's also the secret port at Kuwadorian, which might be more sheltered; it's very likely that the culprits are aware of its existence.

Regarding your theory: that's interesting (though doubtful yet again due to lack of means of transporting people during the typhoon); it would mean that during the time frame of October 4th-5th there could be a number of maximum 34 people that passed onto Rokkenjima. 34? Wait...Lambda! xD
confused_kitsune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:10   Link #243
Kitsu
The unlucky one

But this way we wouldn't get a happy end withouth breaking the red truth. Because if we manage that no one dies, the new person would be the 18th
Old 2009-07-06, 11:20   Link #244
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsu View Post
But this way we wouldn't get a happy end withouth breaking the red truth. Because if we manage that no one dies, the new person would be the 18th
You only have 2 realistic options then. Either someone's already dead that everyone thinks is still alive, or someone's playing the part of 2 people.

Only the magical perspective can possibly insert an active none-human piece that does not violate the 17 human/person limit.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 11:46   Link #245
Hareoic
There will be burgers

Both ports might not be considered part of the island. The culprit could just walk in and murder people, then return to their hiding place until their next move.

There's also the place where the shrine was, which isn't on the island.

All things considered, though, it's probably not that.

(34 people are viewing this thread right now. It must be a sign)
Old 2009-07-06, 12:00   Link #246
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by confused_kitsune View Post
Of course not; but there could always be a scenarios like this: X person is in the boat for various reasons, Y person from the island dies, then X person steps on the island. Technically, there are 17 people on the island, but there is one more than in the previous games.
The "no more than 17 people " now makes even more sense not as a trap used by beato to force batler to think only that someone taking kinzo's place was the culprit, just to later crush his theories easily. But also as a fact that people can get on the island once the twilights starts, something like what cronotrig mentioned about the original japanese text.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
Just something to point out about the Japanese here...and also the English, although it doesn't translate perfectly.

This '18th person X' doesn't have to be a single, specific person. By the strictest definition, all this line means is that there will never be 18 people on the island at any point in time. In other words, there's no one you could call 'the 18th person on the island' because there are only 17 there.

In other words, if someone has died or left the island, someone else could then enter the island and the red wouldn't be violated, even if the 17 people we know were all on the island to start with (i.e. no Kanon=Shannon theory is needed).

Also, bern's playing around with the pieces might mean that there is a miracle that someone survives the storm and lands on rokkenjima.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 12:01   Link #247
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Well... The rock could be hollowed out or something, and extend underground. It's obviously a significant place, maybe that's where they're all hiding.
Old 2009-07-06, 12:12   Link #248
maximilianjenus
[E]

known facts with personal hypothesis and wild guesses

What if the person always lands on the island, at about the same time the first twilight happens, so the persons going to attend her (at random) do not get killed, adn what went wrong in Episode 3 was that nobody saved her.
Old 2009-07-06, 12:15   Link #249
Bern-chan
Not Rika Furude

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
known facts with personal hypothesis and wild guesses

What if the person always lands on the island, at about the same time the first twilight happens, so the persons going to attend her (at random) do not get killed, adn what went wrong in Episode 3 was that nobody saved her.
This is interesting. But what if she is the key, what if it's the people that attend to her that do die? Maybe she's the mystery guest in EP2. So many possibilities... Maybe she comes to every conference in secret, to meet with Maria. Or, Idk. I'm just guessing.

Here's another theory though. Maybe she's a hoax. D:
Old 2009-07-06, 13:00   Link #250
maximilianjenus
[E]

Maybe they pulled a diddy's conquest ?

the DK2 videogame, aka Diddy Kong's Quest got it's name changed to Diddy's Kong Quest before it was published, since nintendo told some people of the change by phone, they assumed it was Diddy's Conquest.
Maybe it's the Land of the Golden Witch (the one who was supossed to be Episode 4) and they misheard Land for End ?
Old 2009-07-06, 13:22   Link #251
Serpit

I know the idea that the new witch is connected to or even the personification of Maria's rose has been thrown around already, but I arrived at the same conclusion.

1.) MARIA has been stated to be able to create something out of nothing. She turned a stuffed lion into a little boy and a bunch of bunny figurines into bunny-eared sniper girls, so turning a rose into a girl doesn't seem that far-fetched.

2.) The witch has several roses on her hat, and a red rose pattern on her pantyhose.

3.) Her dress is pink and white - which are the exact same colors as the candy wrapper George used to mark the rose.

4.) As stated before, the "Bara" part of Umineko no Naku Koro ni Bara can have several meanings, one of them being "rose".

Last edited by Serpit; 2009-07-06 at 13:34.
Serpit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:29   Link #252
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

You think they're using that reading? It'd actually make sense.
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:37   Link #253
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

yeah I think Serpit might just be right... it makes sense at least...

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:40   Link #254
Yami Arisu
reach out to the truth

Uhm, about Maria creating the Siesta Sisters... Sure, the bunnies were her toys, but the TIPS mention something about that the Siesta Corps were formed by Pendragon. Apparently, 451 & 45 are only being lend out to Beatrice due to a long relationship with the Pendragon family? I don't know if that's important in any way, but it the identity of Pendragon kinda bugs me since Ep 4. So yeah, has anyone an idea regarding that?
Yami Arisu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:41   Link #255
ChaosDimension

Hey guys, long time lurker, first time poster. After looking at those revealing screenies of EP5 I am now going to reveal my theory on what game the are playing. I started this theory when I was in mid ep3 and only strengthened it after reading ep 4 and now reading that 3rd pic of ep5.

Spoiler for Theory:
ChaosDimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:45   Link #256
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yami Arisu View Post
Uhm, about Maria creating the Siesta Sisters... Sure, the bunnies were her toys, but the TIPS mention something about that the Siesta Corps were formed by Pendragon. Apparently, 451 & 45 are only being lend out to Beatrice due to a long relationship with the Pendragon family? I don't know if that's important in any way, but it the identity of Pendragon kinda bugs me since Ep 4. So yeah, has anyone an idea regarding that?
King Arthur. That's why they're so British, too.

It's kind of like pretending your toy sword is Excalibur, I don't think there's much meaning in it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaosDimension View Post
Of course this is only the tip of the iceberg, I got so much backing and stuff on why they are playing a poker game, but so far I have not seen any thing in the game that can disapprove this theory. What do you guys think?
Where does the atlas come in?
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 13:54   Link #257
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

About the rose girl...

Spoiler for Random thoughts and some spoilers:
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:05   Link #258
Marion
The Great Dine

So...should we call the new girl "Bara-Beatrice" maybe :P?

Beatrice wasn't technically defeated. She pretty much /let/ Battler win, as Lambda's deadly red truth showed. And I still don't believe Lambda would replace Beatrice unless there was a reason for it.
Marion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:07   Link #259
vandakiara
time waits for no one <3
*Graphic Designer

Hmm well I think that maybe the girl in the portrait AND the person who shipwrecked are two different people... so it wouldn't be impossible for her to be Maria's rose...

But as for the painting... I don't know D:

Believing oneself to be perfect is...
often the sign of a delusional mind
vandakiara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-07-06, 14:09   Link #260
Golden Witch Drugs
しゆあげいん。

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
So...should we call the new girl "Bara-Beatrice" maybe :P?

Beatrice wasn't technically defeated. She pretty much /let/ Battler win, as Lambda's deadly red truth showed. And I still don't believe Lambda would replace Beatrice unless there was a reason for it.
Yes, but she was 'defeated'. And in the tea party they stated that Beato would lose. So 'would' stated that the game will go on. But "End of the Golden Witch" doesn't sound too good to me :P And the portrait must be a new Beatrice. Although I'm a little unsure of this "Rose Girl" thing... It is similiar, but I don't see how she can be Beatrice when she is 'owned' by Maria.

Spoiler for I think it is a spoiler...:
Golden Witch Drugs is offline   Reply With Quote