Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-08-21, 01:35   Link #121
shankss
CP10

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey1 View Post
just a question, becasue i have like serached EVERYWHERE and jus cant find out who DonPachino is like i really just dont know
Here is DonPachino / DonAchino :
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Achino

and here is the non-canonical thing that stole Akainu's reputation :
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Atsu_Atsu_no_Mi
Old 2009-08-21, 01:59   Link #122
nicepace
The congueror Of The EAST

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnbuItachi View Post
we still dont know what happened to aokiji, he can't be dead or the marines would be like WTF?
we certainly know that.. well take a closer look...! sometime u need to see every detail when u read one piece....

Spoiler for aokiji:

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonewolf777 View Post
Random sidenote: I think it's frikkin' sweet that Whitebeard's laugh and his DF match
Gurararararara!
Yeah for sure.... and for some reason Moria laugh did mach with his DF....I wonder if Doflamingo DF has any relation with "fuffuffuffuffu"....
Old 2009-08-21, 07:16   Link #123
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

My God, that Iceburg Joz tore outta the ground and then threw at the Giants, was just huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. That is some monsterous strength he has, added to that ultimate defense.

I can't wait to see the Shichbukai in action, so far they've just stood there and done nothing. I want Hancock to kick some ass, so people will stop hating on her.
Old 2009-08-21, 07:26   Link #124
Prestige

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihawkXGP View Post
My God, that Iceburg Joz tore outta the ground and then threw at the Giants, was just huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge. That is some monsterous strength he has, added to that ultimate defense.

I can't wait to see the Shichbukai in action, so far they've just stood there and done nothing. I want Hancock to kick some ass, so people will stop hating on her.

Which side you believe Hancock will take? She has some serious grudges against WG and shes in love for Luffy.

Also Kuma is sort of wild card aswell, not certain where hes true loaylties lie.
Old 2009-08-21, 08:28   Link #125
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prestige View Post
Which side you believe Hancock will take? She has some serious grudges against WG and shes in love for Luffy.

Also Kuma is sort of wild card aswell, not certain where hes true loaylties lie.

She is going to fight for the WG, while she hates the WG, right now she has no reason to betray them, at the most she can do is turn a blind eye if she sees someone helping Ace escape.
Old 2009-08-21, 09:02   Link #126
rpy1991

Though the chp was short, the detail of the fights were sick.
Old 2009-08-21, 09:24   Link #127
SMASHERJACKSON

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Yes, an army of undead Pacifistas would be rather welcome, wouldn't it?

Or alternatively, we can expect a fleet of silver medalists (who may or may not be lead by Blackbeard) to make their presence known at Marineford, as well......
i rly dont feel BB is on par wiith WB's current form, let alone how he strong he was b4, this leads me to blieve that BB wont be able to subdue those silver medalists, who lost to none but roger and wb

but i could be wrong
Old 2009-08-21, 09:51   Link #128
Prestige

Its kinda funny, everyone thought BB was unstoppable and very powerful until he got suprised by Magellan.

Now everyone thinks BB is only small scale player with mediciore powers.
Old 2009-08-21, 09:53   Link #129
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicepace View Post
and for some reason Moria laugh did mach with his DF
Not really. Moria's laugh is "Kishishishishishi" and his devil fruit is the Kage Kage no mi.

Quote:
Indeed that scene was so awesome. In terms of lifting, Jozu has displayed quite possibly the greatest feat of physical strength as of yet. He is the epitome of a beast .

Quote:
I think next chapter we're going to see some of Doflamingo's abilities. Now that Oars has stepped into the fray, he said that things just got interesting with a sadistic smile on his face. Perhaps him and Moria will work together to subdue the beast and unleash it on Whitebeard and his crew.

And yeah, we need to see Hancock utilize her King's Haki in action. We would then be able to see the disparity between her level of Haki and Luffy's, and this would be a good indication as to how much Luffy still needs to learn. I would also like to see her use her snake as a weapon in unconventional ways. It must be quite the versatile tool at her disposal.
Old 2009-08-21, 10:04   Link #130
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellmonkey1 View Post
just a question, becasue i have like serached EVERYWHERE and jus cant find out who DonPachino is like i really just dont know, anyways i knoe marvelb mentioned this like a few times but i really really think that oars III (oz's son) will befriend luffy and help luffy get back to his crew
ANDDDD
i also think after the WB's an everyone else rescue Ace i think that they will take luffy with them to find his crew again
http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/Don_Achino
Old 2009-08-21, 12:58   Link #131
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Oda is using Bleach style paneling on this battle but while both series have good art, Kubo (Bleach author) focuses solely on charecter art leaving backgrounds often complelety white, Oda in the other hand places high focus on backrounds and detail..
Nah, you mean Oda's many assistances does a lot of the background work. Oda doesn't draw everything, people seriously need to realize that.
Chapter was alright, at least we got some action, and I like the fact that there is no Luffy!!

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2009-08-21 at 13:10.
Old 2009-08-21, 13:01   Link #132
Talendra

Just an idea that came to my mind concerning Akainus potential influence on this battle...

If i read the chapters correct, most of the pirates' forces are closing in to the Marines lines right now (or did so shortly ago). This Chapter Akainu has shown us that he can vaporize Aokijis ice without any problems.

So what reasons are there for him to not vaporize the ocean in front of Marinfords bay as soon as the majority of the pirate forces landed? While such a large AoE attack most likely would not be enough to harm most of the higher level pirates... if it could melt the ice, there would be a lot of drowned df-using pirates by now

any rational reason i didnt see, or just a little unconvenient for Oda (and us readers) cause it would end this battle far too soon and unspectacular?
Old 2009-08-21, 14:03   Link #133
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Nah, you mean Oda's many assistances does a lot of the background work. Oda doesn't draw everything, people seriously need to realize that.
I see you edited your post to make it less incendiary .

That being said, unless you are in Oda's work room, how can you say what the work ratio is between him and his assistants? Simply because his assistants generally works on backgrounds, doesn't mean that Oda isn't working on every detail as well (and, of course, he still sketchs everything by himself). Specifically, and to give a brief example, besides some of the shading and the non-descript characters (i.e. the nameless marines underneath the Giants), page 4-5/6-7 seem fully Oda with his signature lack of proper depth perspective, etc.

That being said, it's not like Kubo/Kishimoto/every other mangaka don't also have assistants. So, I am unsure why you are trying to signal out Oda as being an oddity when everyone does it...
Old 2009-08-21, 14:05   Link #134
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Its kinda funny, everyone thought BB was unstoppable and very powerful until he got suprised by Magellan.

Now everyone thinks BB is only small scale player with mediciore powers.
I think that part was not very clear considering Blackbeard's intentions. It may as well be a plan to be diverting Magellan's eyes from them to elsewhere so that they can work better on their other plans. And without knowing what really happened if someone decides to lower Blackbeard's impact on the storyline, then that should be their mistake. No need to pay attention.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:06   Link #135
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
. I would also like to see her use her snake as a weapon in unconventional ways. It must be quite the versatile tool at her disposal.
Yeah I would love to se Hancock using a Snake in unconventional ways as well...If you know what I mean

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phenomenal View Post
Nah, you mean Oda's many assistances does a lot of the background work. Oda doesn't draw everything, people seriously need to realize that.!!
Really?, wasnt aware about that info.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:07   Link #136
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rurik View Post
Don't worry, he wasn't either.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:13   Link #137
james0246

Quote:
Yeah I would love to se Hancock using a Snake in unconventional ways as well...If you know what I mean
Well since Luffy can stretch every part of his body...

Quote:
Yeah every mangaka has Aids (joke intentional), it's how the they can finish a chapter a week. Oda has 4 (or at least he did 6-7 years ago when last spoke of the number of assistants), Kishimoto has 3 and I do not know how many Kubo has (probably 2 since he lacks any real background in his chapters).
Old 2009-08-21, 14:20   Link #138
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Yeah every mangaka has Aids (joke intentional), it's how the they can finish a chapter a week. Oda has 4 (or at least he did 6-7 years ago when last spoke of the number of assistants), Kishimoto has 3 and I do not know how many Kubo has (probably 2 since he lacks any real background in his chapters).

Well, I guess those aids are for those Mangakas that release their chapters in a weakley basis, is it the same for those who release it montlhy (if you are lucky)? like berserk?
Old 2009-08-21, 14:20   Link #139
MihawkXGP
Master of The Sword

Quote:

Hancock will fight on Luffy's side. She's gonna kick ass.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMASHERJACKSON View Post
i rly dont feel BB is on par wiith WB's current form, let alone how he strong he was b4, this leads me to blieve that BB wont be able to subdue those silver medalists, who lost to none but roger and wb

but i could be wrong
Of course he will. There is only 1 person at this present moment, who'd stand a chance at beating Blackbeard's darkness and its WB. I think its a given that the 2 will battle and it will be the downfall of BB.
Old 2009-08-21, 14:40   Link #140
james0246

Quote:
Well, I guess those aids are for those Mangakas that release their chapters in a weakley basis, is it the same for those who release it montlhy (if you are lucky)? like berserk?
Well, I know that Miura doesn't use assistants, but his work is only 25 or so pages per month (a page or so per day ), whereas some mangaka publish 60+ page chapters per month, so I would assume that they would use assistants.
Closed Thread