AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-02-24, 22:50   Link #561
GDB

It didn't look much bigger than it did in season 2. It was just a perspective trick.
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-25, 22:52   Link #562
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

There are four shows that I eagerly wait for each year, and Game of Thrones happens to be one of them. I was a fan of the books long before I became a fan of the television series so it has been quite interesting seeing certain scenes come to life. That's not to say that there haven't been disappointments, but overall I think HBO has done a fabulous job.

That being said . . . this trailer isn't what it could be. True, we got some great taglines, but the rapid-fire scene cutting was a bit distracting. Not to mention that certain characters (Davos, Margaery) were mysteriously left out :/

Also, since no one has posted it yet I leave you all with the newly released one-sheet for the upcoming season:

Spoiler for Game of Thrones S3 one-sheet:
Old 2013-02-25, 23:58   Link #563
barcode120x
MSN, FNP-C

<3 Lena Headey

"Caring may occur without curing, but curing cannot occur without caring."

“Uncertainty is the most disturbing part of decision making.”
barcode120x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-26, 00:26   Link #564
Seitsuki
Onee!

Any news on Winds of Winter?

Stuff is finally happening!
Old 2013-02-26, 10:56   Link #565
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seitsuki View Post
Any news on Winds of Winter?

Stuff is finally happening!
Are talking about the novels? Then this is the wrong place to discuss since this place is about the Game of Thrones TV show.

Discussions about the novels go here.
Old 2013-02-26, 11:58   Link #566
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

For the most recent non-spoiler news on the book and the TV show I usually go to GRRMartin's blog:

http://grrm.livejournal.com/
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 08:28   Link #567
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Extended Trailer is out.

Old 2013-03-03, 11:02   Link #568
oompa loompa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrTerrorist View Post
Extended Trailer is out.

The few shots of Dany have got to be my favorite parts of the show. I guess the books kind of do justice (no spoilers, don worry), but actually seeing her go from a scared teenager to a menacing conqueror on screen makes quite an impact. I feel like this season will be her most challenging role as an actress till date.
oompa loompa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 15:17   Link #569
Xagzan

I agree. Having not read the books and experiencing the story for the first time as the seasons air, I gotta say I am rooting for her to win the "game." From the trailer it looks like she's got the army and ships and of course growing dragons ready, so I can't wait to see what the season will bring for her (hopefully not death). She's come such a long way, it's true, in confidence and ability, that it's just a great character story to watch.
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 18:13   Link #570
GDiddy
Sisterhood of the Desu

Goddamn....does Dany looks badass! Hopefully this year we get more out of her than "WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS WHERE ARE MY DRAGONS WHERE ARE MY Oh here they are'.

As someone who's read the books, I see a lot of things that I recognize. All I'm going to say is that if some of you were shocked by what happened in season one, wait until this season....because season one will be NOTHING
Old 2013-03-03, 22:04   Link #571
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I wonder if they're starting to skew from the books a lot this season, and if so, how it's all going to work as they get into future seasons. I did see Dany on a ship in that trailer...
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-03, 23:25   Link #572
Hitenma
Behold! We are the Nine!

Quote:
Originally Posted by creb View Post
I wonder if they're starting to skew from the books a lot this season, and if so, how it's all going to work as they get into future seasons. I did see Dany on a ship in that trailer...
She WAS on a ship in the book
Hitenma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-04, 14:53   Link #573
willx
Nyaaan~~

I remember the best quote that I've ever heard on this series (the first season of which I loved and the second which was O.K.) --

Quote:
I can only assume HBO hasn’t read the subsequent GoT books, because, you know, they get much worse
Quote:
Sad that I don’t care about Game of Thrones, S3. Liked brilliant S1, but lost it a couple of episodes into S2, & now … meh.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:02   Link #574
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

I don't disagree, but the thing is that there isn't anything better to watch in english.
Old 2013-03-04, 15:40   Link #575
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmeNoJaku View Post
I don't disagree, but the thing is that there isn't anything better to watch in english.
Breaking Bad, Enlightened, Parks & Recreation, Elementary, Bunheads, Gravity Falls, Adventure Time, etc. And that is just current American programming that I like more than GoT (of which there are also plenty of shows equal to GoT). (There are some British shows equal or greater than GoT also running.) While you might not like the shows I listed, to claim that GoT is the best of current generation television seems a little premature to me (especially with all the little problems the series has). If nothing else, you can go watch Arrow, which is shaping up to be the most complex, interesting and fun superhero show to appear on television.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-05, 02:33   Link #576
AmeNoJaku
Franco's Phalanx is next!

I watched the first season of most of the shows you mentioned, and despite being a matter of personal taste, I still think GoT did a better job... though in general each year there are more interesting anime then live shows. On the other hand, I agree that brittish TV shows tend to be better then american ones.
Old 2013-03-05, 02:48   Link #577
Tougarashi
zutto soba ni ite ne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I agree. Having not read the books and experiencing the story for the first time as the seasons air, I gotta say I am rooting for her to win the "game." From the trailer it looks like she's got the army and ships and of course growing dragons ready, so I can't wait to see what the season will bring for her (hopefully not death). She's come such a long way, it's true, in confidence and ability, that it's just a great character story to watch.
I haven't read the books too. She came a long way but John Snow is the one with the kind heart. I prefer to see John Snow as a king.

Current Season animes: Listeners, Tower of God
Tougarashi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-03-09, 08:54   Link #578
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

More production videos and a recap of the 2nd season.

Old 2013-03-16, 03:20   Link #579
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Old 2013-03-17, 11:32   Link #580
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tougarashi View Post
I haven't read the books too. She came a long way but John Snow is the one with the kind heart. I prefer to see John Snow as a king.
That's true. I think Khalessi will become too warlike and maybe even ruthless. I agree that John Snow is kind, and I think he has what it takes to be a leader to others, but NOT as king. I think Tyrion would be more fit as king, and I'm not saying that because I think he's the best char in the show. He's cunning, like the rest of the Laniesters, but empathetic enough to truly understand his bounderies, and his people. Way back in season one, his warming up to John Snow more or less signifies his empathy.

frubam is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
game of thrones, hbo