AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

View Poll Results: Suzumiya Haruhi Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 123 54.19%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 71 31.28%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 24 10.57%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.32%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 1.76%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.88%
Voters: 227. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-06-14, 00:42   Link #141
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

I don't know... the thing is, data entity would overload any typical human being's brain even if they were to make an active connection to their 'overmind' via a terminal and only getting a tiny fraction of the information exchange. Mokoto is connectied to a 'primitive' form of network that is obsolute to the eyes of the data entities. Perhaps Nagato will not have an edge against Mokoto initially but that advantage would be much diminished if given time to get familiar to the technologies allowed. (If Nagato is set loose with no constraint against Kusanagi I... might be inclined to give Nagato the upper hand since matter and energy to her are all data that can be manipulated and processed)

Besides, if you're going to mention hackers we shaltn't skip Ruri Hoshino (In Prince of Darkness her demonstration of prowness is remarkable) and I would like to nominate Lain to challenge the strength of Aeon Nagato. Another interesting case to look into would be the AMG universe where the incantations are essentially programmes that ... can alter the physical plane if needed. (Lain the invisible hand up against Yuki.N ... that's something I'd like to behold.)

It would be enough for the depressing things in life to only exist in reality.
It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Last edited by panzerfan; 2006-06-14 at 01:07.
Old 2006-06-14, 01:07   Link #142
ECFNW

A well deserved 10 for this one.
This was easilly one of the best episodes in the series so far.
Funny thing, I actually knew a girl who moved the PC mouse in the air like Nagato the first time she ever used a PC.
Old 2006-06-14, 01:51   Link #143
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akuryou
7 points for Yuki's leet hax abilities.
1 point for awesome Background music.
2 points for Haruhi's unexpected flying kick.

Can't believe it's the third 10 Suzumiya Haruhi no Yuuutsu gets. o_o

[In all the 23 episodes of the Fate/Stay Night, only Episode 14 deserved it.
And Higurashi no Naku Koro ni got two 10, so maybe it can catch up.]
Yeah neither can I (Sarcasm). Anyway on another note did Haruhi actually scream BOMBER! like Basara, I must have missed that. Did anyone notice anything else specifically related to Macross in episode 11?
Old 2006-06-14, 01:55   Link #144
porchoky

Best episode in a while. and you have to remeber kyon told Yuki no 'cheating,' meaning yuki probably could have done a lot worse had she not been under kyon's constraints.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:00   Link #145
sleeplessNites
being rock till senseless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui4356
My biggest complaint with the episode would be the teleport cheat being left out. Just the fog of war cheat isn't really a big deal, and the SOS dan, while handicapped, could still conceivably win.
I think the animation is simulating realistic cheat which is why the teleport cheat was left out. Based on my mediocre knowledge, fog of war is a built-in function, meaning it can be turn off/on by changing a parameter. Teleport function modification requires re-coding that leads to a program recompilation. Leaving the intricacies of obtaining the source-code aside, for the new function routine to be effective, the Game/Server itself has to reboot. Unless one can modify system memory on the fly, which is near impossible and will likely crash the Program/OS.
In order words, a fan-service to the community. Of course, there are various other possibilities.

I would have preferred the inclusion of teleport cheat though. Its an anime after all.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:19   Link #146
Conan-san
Cruel Angel's Thesis

Incidently, wasn't that another Lambada effect effect when Yuki went PT-Engne on the Computer Club?

Oh and Gun*** killed me.
Old 2006-06-14, 02:57   Link #147
Soujiro10

Yuki = teh win
Haruhi's unexpected qcf+K jumpkick = teh win

nuff' said
Old 2006-06-14, 03:04   Link #148
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama
Anyway on another note did Haruhi actually scream BOMBER! like Basara, I must have missed that. Did anyone notice anything else specifically related to Macross in episode 11?
Yes I did, but it was in the preview and I posted it on #130:
Quote:
Haruhi: Yokoku nante kudaranai wa! Atashi no uta o kike!!
Kyon: BOMUBA!!!

Haruhi: Previews are useless! Listen to my song!!
Kyon: BOMBER!!!
And also to quench your mecha anime thirst: http://forums.animesuki.com/showpost...&postcount=749
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/
Old 2006-06-14, 03:35   Link #149
tritoch

Heh, I think next week is Haruhi playing teh piano episode.

Episode 9 gave alot of clues to the relationship build up for the expected last 3 episodes.

Yuki + hack = ownz
Old 2006-06-14, 03:46   Link #150
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

... (prohibited information)

It is because that I think the birth of a story... is from people dreaming of a happy ending. ~Misaka Shiori

Old 2006-06-14, 04:47   Link #151
Boxy-
Haruhi-ist

As a long-time RTS gamer this episode amused me greatly. The whole episode was just great, 9/10
Old 2006-06-14, 04:57   Link #152
Pabst
The Blue Ribbon

Send a message via AIM to Pabst
Hilarious episode. Suzumiya Haruhi is by far and away one of the best written and directed animes I've seen in awhile.

It certainly seems like Haruhi is a mind reader, at least when Kyon is involved. Makes you wonder who is really the human that is influencing the galaxy...

It doesn't happen often, but when Haruhi kicked the Computer Society President out of nowhere, I burst out laughing. I can't remember when an anime episode made me do more then a chuckle or too.
Old 2006-06-14, 05:21   Link #153
Danj
Tech Bloke

Send a message via ICQ to Danj Send a message via AIM to Danj Send a message via MSN to Danj Send a message via Yahoo to Danj
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxy-
As a long-time RTS gamer this episode amused me greatly. The whole episode was just great, 9/10
I'd still like to find a game like that (the "real" one, not the holodeck simulation CG version - although that was cool too). I had thought it was something like EGA Trek but I looked that up on Wikipedia and that used single ships rather than entire fleets.
Old 2006-06-14, 07:27   Link #154
Kasrkin Squad
For the Emperor

Send a message via AIM to Kasrkin Squad
^^^^^I can't think of many games that would be like that one. The LOGH PC game might be your best best if you can find menu translations and such.

Most PC games are developed by European and American developers and the west tends to take a more Star Wars/Star Trek view to space combat. I can't imagine finding a game where your fleet is made up of thousands upon thousands of ships.

I would recommend trying out a few sim RTS/TBS before biting on anything like this. Try Sid Meier's Civil War collection, (it comes with Gettyberg and Antetam) Waterloo Napoleon's Last Battle, and the Close Combat (WWII) series.

Edit: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galactic_Civilizations_2
On second thought try to get a 4x space strategy game like this. It includes empire managament but some let you control your space battles. (This one doesn't you just watch the combat.)
Old 2006-06-14, 07:32   Link #155
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasrkin Squad
^^^^^I can't think of many games that would be like that one. The LOGH PC game might be your best best if you can find menu translations and such.

Most PC games are developed by European and American developers and the west tends to take a more Star Wars/Star Trek view to space combat. I can't imagine finding a game where your fleet is made up of thousands upon thousands of ships.

I would recommend trying out a few sim RTS/TBS before biting on anything like this. Try Sid Meier's Civil War collection, (it comes with Gettyberg and Antetam) Waterloo Napoleon's Last Battle, and the Close Combat (WWII) series.

Screw sid meier's stuff. All you need is the Total War Series!!!

I bet if they did a Space war, it'll be just like DoSIII!!

But you can zoom in and see your indivudual ships in your fleets! it's By GODZILLIONS of them!

*can hear his PC weep at the mention of of Total War*

Old 2006-06-14, 07:37   Link #156
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

Before I played Total War, I came out from Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth:Soulblighter in 3d RTS if you don't count TA.

Supreme Commander has my hopes up with how they view units... although we shall see. What I wanna see is Homeworld kind of space battle that can be fought on the scale of DoSIII.

Old 2006-06-14, 08:19   Link #157
Zappster

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
Before I played Total War, I came out from Myth: The Fallen Lords and Myth:Soulblighter in 3d RTS if you don't count TA.

Supreme Commander has my hopes up with how they view units... although we shall see. What I wanna see is Homeworld kind of space battle that can be fought on the scale of DoSIII.
Indeed that would be wonderful. Let's hope Relic get to making Homeworld 3 or even a Battlefleet Gothic game(they have some really cool ship designs and stuff in there IMO which I'd love to be able to control. Eldar ones especially) with that sort of scale.

*drools*

As for ep 11. Good episode I thought. Had plenty of funny moments, and I'm growing to like Yuki more and more with each passing episode. Didn't get any of the references except the Gundam one but then that was pretty easy to pick out.
I'd agree with Vexx in that it seemed rather diversionary but then you could level that complaint at a few other episodes as well.
Old 2006-06-14, 08:32   Link #158
Onizuka-GTO
Holy Beast ~Wuff!~
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Onizuka-GTO
talking about homeworld, you do know there is a Macross & Gundam mod for it?

http://www.strategyplanet.com/homeworld/macross/

http://www.rakrent.com/rtsc/html/hwii7_06.htm

Unfortunately the Gundam Mod kinda died, but you can still get the Macross one.

I got a kick when I saw thost Valkyries transform, and shoot off those missiles, and not to mention seeing the SDF-1 fire off its cannons. LOLOLOL

mkid you, i'm really excited about Supreme Commander! I remember a gundam mod for T.A, ahhh.....I don't really recall any recent game that came close to T.A style ballistic...mm...wait perhaps DoW, That's another possibility too, a Battleship Gothic/DoSIII style...
Old 2006-06-14, 08:36   Link #159
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by panzerfan
I don't know... the thing is, data entity would overload any typical human being's brain even if they were to make an active connection to their 'overmind' via a terminal and only getting a tiny fraction of the information exchange. Mokoto is connectied to a 'primitive' form of network that is obsolute to the eyes of the data entities. Perhaps Nagato will not have an edge against Mokoto initially but that advantage would be much diminished if given time to get familiar to the technologies allowed. (If Nagato is set loose with no constraint against Kusanagi I... might be inclined to give Nagato the upper hand since matter and energy to her are all data that can be manipulated and processed)
I suppose you have never read GitS: Man Machine Interface?

Motoko has BECOME a data entity of her own. Hell, she has become an entire new species, with children across the planet.

She has become so advanced, Motoko literally broke the magic barrier. An Esper from the Supernatural Bureau of Japan was sent to spy on Motoko, but the spy was most surprised when Motoko could see her spirit-walking incorporeal form.

MMI spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2006-06-14, 08:59   Link #160
panzerfan
Name means little...
*Graphic Designer

(That's when Nagato calls for her subordinates and other observational interface to back her up. A mesh network is much more useful than an individual terminal. Although I havta admit I need to read this. Seriously.)

Nagato's patrons do have substantial lead against even human from future on their time travelling arts. Nagato's connection if severed would put her at risk. Without severing that connection though the Motoko network/cluster will face an interface that when coupled with the data-entity uplink can effectively reshape the physical realm if she so wishes.

Closed Thread