AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Soul Eater

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-04-20, 15:48   Link #161
NickelXenon

Justin Law wears robes too so I wouldn't take Chrona's style as a give-away for her/his gender. As people have pointed out before, this is Medusa's kid. Chrona will wear what Medusa gives her/him to wear.
Old 2009-06-09, 22:14   Link #162
Tamad
デゲソ!! ( ・_・)ノ

Chrona's gender is going to be the Eighth Wonder of the World. I have a feeling Ohbuko will end the manga without ever actually telling us the gender, and it will be something that will be discussed for generations to come. Honestly, I think it's more fun that way, keep it a mystery.

As of right now though, I'm more interested in Enrique and Tezcatlipoca. Ever since he tickled my funny bone in all the right places in chapter 60, I've been interested in learning more about their fighting style, and how they would interact with the rest of Shibusen. I just hope they play a role in the upcoming arc, and I don't really want them to stoop down to Asuza level.

Reading back on previous chapters, I also didn't even realize they showed up at all before chapter 60. >_>
Old 2009-06-10, 02:18   Link #163
lmd_84

Asuza does stuff too, just not in Shibusen, and mostly not shown. Tezcatlipoca makes five Death Scythes introduced, leaving three left over (I wonder if we have four males and four females?). We know meisters and Weapons have to have come common ground or understanding in order to work together, so I'd like to know what explanation, probably suitably cracky, there is for the Mirror working with a monkey. A talking monkey. Not that a non-talking one would be any less crazy.
Old 2010-12-11, 11:59   Link #164
TejayHighlander
Rookie Shinigami

I'm posting this question on two separate forums because I'm not sure which is more appropriate. I just began watching the anime and suddenly a question popped into my head: "What wound happen if a Shinigami eats a Kishin egg?"

Please respond with honest answers. Do you think it's possible? If so, what do you think would likely be the result or outcome? If not, why? Please explain your answers by supporting them with logic, whether it be canon information obtained from the anime or manga or your own fan fiction theory.
Old 2010-12-11, 15:26   Link #165
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

In the anime, there's some weird situation about eating souls if you're a person and becoming a Kishin. In my opinion the manga is way better and I'm more of an expert in that field, so...

In the manga, there isn't a distinction between bad souls and good souls. There are only souls on Shinigami-sama's list and everyone else. It is easier to become stronger when ignoring Shinigami-sama's rules and taking the souls of those not on the list. Regular people cannot become Kishin. Weapons become Kishin when they take souls without regard to the rules. In fact, I'm not sure if one would even classify Asura as a Kishin. The official English translation says that the Kishin was born when one of Shinigami-sama's warriors made his weapon take souls of those not on the list.

To answer your question, Death the Kid can store souls in his body if he wants to decide what to do with it later. This doesn't make him stronger or insane or anything.
Old 2010-12-11, 23:04   Link #166
TejayHighlander
Rookie Shinigami

Yeah, but the Death the Kid is just storing souls, not actually consuming or digesting them. And Asura only became the first Kishin by eating innocent souls that were not on the list. But what would happen if a person with a strong soul wavelength decided to seek out Kishin, kill them, and eat the eggs? Would they still become a Kishin? Or would it have some kind of other effect? They may not even necessarily have to be a Meister.
Old 2010-12-13, 23:52   Link #167
Orangejellosphere
That one guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TejayHighlander View Post
Yeah, but the Death the Kid is just storing souls, not actually consuming or digesting them. And Asura only became the first Kishin by eating innocent souls that were not on the list. But what would happen if a person with a strong soul wavelength decided to seek out Kishin, kill them, and eat the eggs? Would they still become a Kishin? Or would it have some kind of other effect? They may not even necessarily have to be a Meister.
In the manga, Asura became the Kishin because he and his weapon took souls of those not on Shinigami-sama's list. Asura doesn't eat souls. Regular people cannot become Kishin. Ragnarok and Masamune are/were potential Kishin, meaning that they are weapons who sought strength by taking the souls of good people.

As far as I know, the Kishin doesn't have any "eggs." I know that the anime made some distinction between good souls and bad souls, but in the manga both sorts look the same and have the same effect. What matters is whether or not they were on Shinigami-sama's list. A meister can't eat or absorb souls. If a weapon absorbed a lot of souls, the effects would be different based on whether or not the souls belonged to someone from Shinigami-sama's list.

Again, all I really know is the manga. I think Asura could eat souls in the anime.
Old 2011-02-10, 22:15   Link #168
suppermig

soul

I godt a questions about soulīs teeth why is his teeth sharp
Old 2011-02-11, 21:21   Link #169
GlassesLady
dat apple

Because it looks cool, probably.

My Pokemans; let me show you them.
Old 2011-02-12, 09:44   Link #170
Repelsteeltju
DRRR!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppermig View Post
All the better to eat you your soul up with!
Old 2011-02-21, 18:01   Link #171
Rag

Quote:
Originally Posted by suppermig View Post
Cause he's a badass!

Unique character designs.
Old 2011-02-27, 03:49   Link #172
Jackie

Perfect body shape
perfect skin colour
not too pale, not too pinky.... perfect yellow