AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > K-On!

Notices

Old 2010-04-25, 03:05   Link #561
AnimeTheme
MJ - Forever King of Pop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Proto View Post
As expected Go go Maniac is one of the funniest musical experiments I've heard in recent years. I would like for more people in the anime industry to be this daring.

Listen is... well, it suffers the problems of when you have a song sung by an amateur singer that takes itself too seriously. The middle third in particular suffers a lot from this.
"Funny" it might be, but the OP is still not my cup of tea. It just sounds too "weird" to me lol

I agree with your opinion on the ED, but it's still a good song (not as good as Don't say "lazy" though).

Check out my Windows gadget gallery!

AnimeTheme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 03:22   Link #562
CaptGloval
New Macross soon

The Hisashiburi no Studio clip gladdens my heart. The girls have been slowly but surely improving in their instrument playing.

Full version of Listen sure is rocking. Speaking of the ED, nobody seems to have mentioned it yet but...
Spoiler for yuri goggles on:
CaptGloval is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 08:11   Link #563
jeena32449

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENR1Sdesu View Post
Full versions just got leaked.

Go! Go! Maniac - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YZ3mVf0b6rA
Listen!! - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G9qfZfSnTZY
OP

ED

jeena32449 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-25, 11:23   Link #564
musume_no_hoshi
~*Eternal Bakaness*~

Wow leaked already?
I liked GO!GO!MAINAC beforehand, so I liked the full version. It certainly feels different. I think I prefer the instrumental, less chipmunk. Top selling CD on the Amazon chart for a while...

Genius...!? sounds sorta average, I don't have much to add.

Listen!!'s best part is still the keyboard part. Like everyone said, Don't Say Lazy would never be beaten.

Our MAGIC sounds like an idol song, along with a cute little manufactured dance. Personally it doesn't sound a rock song, just an idol song. I can even imagine an extemely cute PV along with the song, just a bunch of girls/idols in a white westen house doing cute things.
Old 2010-04-25, 14:12   Link #565
Sparvid
*hic*

(after checking the lyrics in the liner notes)

Hey, that last part of GO! GO! MANIAC is in English. I wouldn't have guessed... In her defense, the melody doesn't fit well the pronunciation of the words.

In Our MAGIC, I could at least point out the English parts, although I wouldn't have figured out the "ugly, quiet, bad, bitter, uncomfortable" line without help.
Old 2010-04-25, 22:58   Link #566
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

In complete though.....
Old 2010-04-26, 00:26   Link #567
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

I just realized... Genius...!? makes the band sound like Deep Purple or AC/DC, especially with Mugi's keyboard solo :3
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 00:27   Link #568
koekihane

Anyway I just got the lyrics done a few hours ago for Listen!!... I like it more than Don't Say Lazy.

http://koekihane.wordpress.com/
koekihane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 13:17   Link #569
Kotohono
Yuri µ'serator

Full version of the ED/OP were better than the TV size in my opinion, Listen was much better as long song. Our Magic was different from what K-ON ussually sounds like I still liked, and Genius I am still unsure how to feel about, it's certainly not bad.
MAL
Kotohono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 16:06   Link #570
AmyElizzabeth
Moo

Send a message via MSN to AmyElizzabeth
Did Hikasa resing the 1st chorus? Sure sounds like it
AmyElizzabeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-26, 21:20   Link #571
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmyElizzabeth View Post
Did Hikasa resing the 1st chorus? Sure sounds like it
I thought I was crazy, it does sound like it. Actually, I'm pretty dang sure it was resung. I think it was more flawless on the TV size, but whatever, more natural I guess.

Oh yeah, Go Go Maniac full is... uhg... unbearable for me.
Old 2010-04-26, 23:53   Link #572
FENR1Sdesu
Chokinggu =A='

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inconvenient View Post
Oh yeah, Go Go Maniac full is... uhg... unbearable for me.
Your resolve is weak!
FENR1Sdesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 00:00   Link #573
Inconvenient
Railgun Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FENR1Sdesu View Post
Your resolve is weak!
Well I could at least listen to the TV size, but dang, throwing on the rest of it just kills me :[ I tried, I really did!
Old 2010-04-27, 02:00   Link #574
krko
The Movie is Coming

I can't seem to like Our MAGIC. Its just too different from the other songs, plus the the fact Hikasa isn't really suited for that kind of song (Toyosaki could've pulled it better IMO On second thought, she probably can't do it as well. Kotobuki (Mugi'd V.A.) is probably the best bet).

Loved GO! GO! MANIAC and Listen!!(eventually), while I'll need the translation for Genuis...!? to properly rate it.

Last edited by krko; 2010-04-28 at 05:12.
krko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 06:16   Link #575
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Aye... ringtone bits is exactly what I thought of for GGM.

And apparently, they switch off lead/rhythm so its not entirely clear at times (unless one is good enough to recognize the guitar tones).
I tried that by clipping and setting the chorus as my ringtone. Everyone looked at me on the train.

Azusnyan should actually be the rhythm guitarist since she came from a jazz background, which guitar tones are more inclined towards keeping time and rhythm rather than musicality.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 09:47   Link #576
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

It amazes me when I think about it: Yui's VA is singing in a voice rather different from her own, without going off tone from her off tone range while maintaining that incredible pace that cannot fail to be amazed when you realize the effort put behind this. It's like the episode 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi all over again: Dexterously and deceptively bad.
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 09:54   Link #577
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
It amazes me when I think about it: Yui's VA is singing in a voice rather different from her own, without going off tone from her off tone range while maintaining that incredible pace that cannot fail to be amazed when you realize the effort put behind this. It's like the episode 1 of Suzumiya Haruhi all over again: Dexterously and deceptively bad.
Since she had trained to sound as retarded as Yui, it wouldn't be difficult if she sang semiquavers in triplets and couples at 126 bpm.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2010-04-27, 11:19   Link #578
Proto
Knowledge is the solution

I don't have much knowledge about vocal training beside the little I have picked up from musical theory when studying piano, so I'm not aware of the exact level of difficulty to constantly sing one octave off or more from your natural range. (well, I'm aware that some people have a range that spans as much as 5 octaves, so maybe it's just natural talent?) Can you comment on that?
Proto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-04-27, 12:09   Link #579
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
I don't have much knowledge about vocal training beside the little I have picked up from musical theory when studying piano, so I'm not aware of the exact level of difficulty to constantly sing one octave off or more from your natural range. (well, I'm aware that some people have a range that spans as much as 5 octaves, so maybe it's just natural talent?) Can you comment on that?
Well her rhythm goes like this from the start when she sings :

123 45 123 45 1 - 2 - 3 45 - 1

Each of the joined numbers represent a group (of notes, mainly tied-quavers, semiquavers and crotchets), and each of the dashes represented her breathing. Not that difficult isn't it?

Besides she sings fast, so it wouldn't be difficult for her to hit a high pitch (the faster you talk, the more likely you are going to have a squeaky voice doesn't it?.). Besides, females have shorter vocal cords than men, so it makes them easier to "squeak".

To find out yourself, slowly sing from the middle C from the piano up. I can hit two octaves higher than most guys after 3-4 months of pushing myself. And remember, you don't sing with your throat, you push air out of your stomach and compress them with your diaphragm, so you can hit higher pitches when the air goes to your throat.

Regarding sustaining that pitch......well......keep training. And run and swim more.

Old 2010-04-28, 07:34   Link #580
chikorita157
ひきこもりアイドル
*IT Support

I have reviewed Go! Go! Maniac and I wasn't all that impressed. The vocals were all over the place and the whole thing was unlistenable, but taking the vocals off did make it a bit more listenable. The B-Side track sounded a bit better than the former, but lacking the energy seen in the first track, despite the messy vocals.