AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-03-23, 14:05   Link #61
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanQ View Post
He said that because now it looks like he's lying.

Precisely. Whether he knew the Straw-Hats were there were not, it doesn't really matter now because he realized that he phrased his answer to Smoker's accusations poorly, which just raised MORE suspicion on him. No matter how cool and relaxed Law may be, he's still as capable of making mistakes as any other human.....

BTW, it sure will be amusing to see how many more characters Law will use his heart-swapping trick on. Will he even use that tactic against Smoker and Tashigi!?
Old 2012-03-23, 15:30   Link #62
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
Precisely. Whether he knew the Straw-Hats were there were not, it doesn't really matter now because he realized that he phrased his answer to Smoker's accusations poorly, which just raised MORE suspicion on him. No matter how cool and relaxed Law may be, he's still as capable of making mistakes as any other human.....

BTW, it sure will be amusing to see how many more characters Law will use his heart-swapping trick on. Will he even use that tactic against Smoker and Tashigi!?
Yep. Whether he knew could indicate relationships with the other groups though.

You know I don't really get this heart trick. Why do it?
Old 2012-03-23, 15:40   Link #63
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Originally Posted by golgo13 View Post
You know I don't really get this heart trick. Why do it?
Sanji is in Nami's body. What other reason do we need?
Old 2012-03-23, 17:19   Link #64
golgo13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
Sanji is in Nami's body. What other reason do we need?
Well you do have a point.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:29   Link #65
Aesthetic Shampoo

Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
Old 2012-03-23, 17:43   Link #66
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
He said that because now it looks like he's lying.
Maybe it looks like hes lying because he was lying.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:49   Link #67
SeanQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
Nope. He said they weren't on the island, believing it. But all of a sudden the strawhats came rushing out, and that's why he said that - because now he's looking like a liar.
Old 2012-03-23, 17:56   Link #68
holypanl
Well Rounded Critic

I also don't see how the change of heart thing is supposed to be an offensive against them, other than the case where he sincerely thinks he can quickly dispense with Smoker and get back to them, since they would (?) be slowed down a bit by the need to adapt to the new bodies.

But he could just as easily have removed their legs to stop them from moving, so...

First they went for communists: and I didn't speak out, not being a communist;
Then they came for trade unionists, and I said naught because I wasn't a trade unionist;
Then they came for the Jews: and I didn't speak out because I wasn't a Jew;

Then they came for me!
...and there was no one left to speak out for me.
Old 2012-03-23, 19:13   Link #69
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Nope. He said they weren't on the island, believing it. But all of a sudden the strawhats came rushing out, and that's why he said that - because now he's looking like a liar.
Like I said where is the proof? Or is this just your 'feeling' or 'intuition'?
Old 2012-03-23, 19:59   Link #70
raziel16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sunnythesun View Post
Forget why, HOW did he do it? Switching people's hearts won't exactly transfer their consciousness over as well...
Maybe he's switching their brain as well?

Anyway, Smoker did said to Tashingi "you won't be able to take it with your level of haki" which mean Law's abilities can be negated "if" you have high level haki. I guess that could be means:

- Sanji didn't have time to protect himself with haki or
- Sanji isn't that good with haki after all

Well, seeing the end result, I guess he won't regret the decision of not protecting himself with haki
Old 2012-03-23, 20:51   Link #71
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by holypanl View Post
I also don't see how the change of heart thing is supposed to be an offensive against them, other than the case where he sincerely thinks he can quickly dispense with Smoker and get back to them, since they would (?) be slowed down a bit by the need to adapt to the new bodies.

But he could just as easily have removed their legs to stop them from moving, so...
Logic, friend.

He doesn't want anyone leaving the island.
Now they can't leave the island until Law fixes them.
This makes sure they won't be willing to leave the island now.
Old 2012-03-24, 00:37   Link #72
Hisoka??
Ultra noob

The exciting new information is that apparrently strong enough Haki can nulify the fruit abilities. This means those fruits that affect others like the Noro Noro Beam or law's ability are useless at higher levels?
Old 2012-03-24, 00:51   Link #73
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hisoka?? View Post
The exciting new information is that apparrently strong enough Haki can nulify the fruit abilities. This means those fruits that affect others like the Noro Noro Beam or law's ability are useless at higher levels?
Unless of course the DF user's own Haki is enough to stop the...nullifying Haki.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:06   Link #74
paradox13
zzz

Not nullify.. but defend against I would say.

And its not new information.. we always new color of armaments could defend against attacks.
Old 2012-03-24, 01:25   Link #75
articuzwolf
Wolf in Sheep's Clothing

Quote:
well if I took reference from what I've read at area no kishi

it's possible that human's consciousness is deeply engraved into one's heart
Old 2012-03-24, 06:09   Link #76
C.A.
Absolute Haruhist!
*Artist

Quote:
Don't take the images too literally, its not like he was switching their cardiac muscles.

Oda needs to show in a single panel as clearly as he can on how Law can switch even people's consciousness and personalities, which metaphorically can be called people's hearts.

This is to show that Law's ability can not only affect the physical but even the intangible or conceptual, like how Kuma can move pain from one body to the next. Now I won't be surprised if Kuma can remove personalities and Law can remove pain, especially for Law since he's a surgeon.
When I say 'My god...', god refers to Haruhi-sama.

My art album updated 11th May 2013, Science.
Deviant Art: http://ca0001.deviantart.com/

Last edited by C.A.; 2012-03-24 at 06:51.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:21   Link #77
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

The mangaka has never been one for hard realism (see Diable Jembe).

Hearts are shaped like hearts, and when switched, also takes their personalities along.
Old 2012-03-24, 09:23   Link #78
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post

OR maybe...... just maybe, he was too wrapped up in whatever shady business he was handling at that time to take notice of any intruders before Smoker's arrival. And seeing as the "master" of those satyr guys showed no indication so far that he was working with Law, would you mind elaborating why that isn't a possibility?
Old 2012-03-24, 10:55   Link #79
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
OR maybe...... just maybe, he was too wrapped up in whatever shady business he was handling at that time to take notice of any intruders before Smoker's arrival. And seeing as the "master" of those satyr guys showed no indication so far that he was working with Law, would you mind elaborating why that isn't a possibility?
Oh I'm not saying its not a possibility, what you (and some others) are saying is definitely possible but I find it slightly more probable that Law knew and is lying. I don't really see any justification at all (Law's facial expression? maybe..) for what you are saying.. we know Law is a tricky bastard, and it seems to fit if he is the one responsible (along with M) for the strange events that are happening on the island. For one, his power makes it possible to swap the body parts of animals and humans.. which would explain the centaurs, harpies etc. And if they were his lackeys, than he would know that Luffy was on the island for sure. Which would mean that he was lying.

So now its your turn.. why are you assuming that Law is being honest?
Old 2012-03-24, 11:12   Link #80
golgo13

Anybody else think brownbeard was always a centaur?? He hasn't really done much during the TS, his bounty basically stayed the same. No way he will fight the SH given his reaction, they either do a temporary alliance or get one shot KO'd.

Really wanna see zoro fight the samurai, he seems pretty strong.
Closed Thread