AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > News & Politics

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-15, 15:28   Link #24621
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuu View Post
This is the basic summary to the whole Israel-Palestine thing these days:
These days? I would say it has been like that for years. Substitute the home made rocket with a suicide bomber and that was the situation in the previous two decades before they started doing those home made rockets.
Old 2012-11-15, 15:39   Link #24622
ganbaru
books-eater youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
These days? I would say it has been like that for years. Substitute the home made rocket with a suicide bomber and that was the situation in the previous two decades before they started doing those home made rockets.
It don't look like it's all ''home made'' rocket.

Rockets hit near Tel Aviv as Gaza death toll rises
http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/...8AD0WP20121115
Une roquette palestinienne explose en banlieue de Tel-Aviv
http://www.lapresse.ca/international...ion_ECRAN1POS3 ( Article in french)
Experts said than it could had been a iranian Fajr-5. Another ''gift'' from Teheran to the palestinian, a crate or two of medecines insted would had beem more usefull but everyone have it' own interest...
Old 2012-11-15, 15:56   Link #24623
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Well that comic was from 2004.
Old 2012-11-15, 18:27   Link #24624
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by ganbaru View Post
It don't look like it's all ''home made'' rocket.
Lets suppose they know have the know to do Fajr-5 missiles locally or that there is a secret tunnel to supply and endless supply of them. It does not change anything, there still will be a hundred (or a thousand, haven't done the math but it is ridiculous nevertheless) palestinian deaths for every israeli death.
Old 2012-11-15, 20:05   Link #24625
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
I'm a moderate, so my natural tendency is to vote liberal.. Heck, I'm a member of the dang party .. but I am actually not a fan of Justin Trudeau running to head the party. He doesn't have the experience nor resume, only pedigree at this point, so any person not blown away by his personality will cringe at having him represent our country. It won't be the revival the Liberal party needs.

Re: Japanese demographics, there's been a joke going around at work that with China looking to remove the "one-child policy" that Japan is going to institute a "three-child policy" ..

Reply hazy, ask again later
Three child policy? What is its use when we don't lower the age of marriage and give us access to lolis-*IS SHOT*.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-15, 20:12   Link #24626
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Three child policy? What is its use when we don't lower the age of marriage and give us access to lolis-*IS SHOT*.
i thought in Japan it is 14 with a parents signature?
Old 2012-11-15, 23:04   Link #24627
Sumeragi
Banned

No, it's 16. For some reason it's 18 for boys.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:12   Link #24628
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^ View Post
i thought in Japan it is 14 with a parents signature?
You're thinking of Canada. And it was raised from 14 to 16. It's also 18, in any instance where "exploitation" could occur.

http://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/dept-min/clp/faq.html

Reply hazy, ask again-.. *arrested*
Old 2012-11-15, 23:38   Link #24629
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
I think it is to prevent bullying and incest where the younger boy is forced into performing morally questionable acts.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-16, 01:31   Link #24630
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Lets suppose they know have the know to do Fajr-5 missiles locally or that there is a secret tunnel to supply and endless supply of them. It does not change anything, there still will be a hundred (or a thousand, haven't done the math but it is ridiculous nevertheless) palestinian deaths for every israeli death.
so far, the death toll for this rounds is still less then 30 on both sides.
after 2 days.
I've made no effort to check what the death toll in Syria was yesterday, but I'm willing to bet good money it was twice that number.
it's just that no one cares.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:14   Link #24631
thevil1
Adventure ∀logger

Send a message via AIM to thevil1
Unhappy

I don't want this Israel/Gasa discussion to go on here since it's off topic, but since people posted about it, I figured I'd throw in my bit. Just to follow with the topic, I'll post a news article link
http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7...306249,00.html - Rockets fired at Tel Aviv area for first time since Gulf War

I'm currently posting this from just south of Tel Aviv, and let me tell you. It's very sobering when you hear the siren and a boom that is followed in an area that was thought to be safe.

I usually vlog about things like this, but when the siren sounded yesterday (Thursday evening), I didn't think anything of it since all the past siren sounds in this area were always only tests and drills. But when a siren sounds followed by a boom, it makes you wonder, reconsider you're past thoughts of safety.
The siren and boom that I heard happened around 4:30 in the afternoon, and it was struck in Rishon LtZion. That's easy walking distance for me. Later in the same evening, many other booms were heard, they were reported to have hit in/near Tel Aviv.
I now know to keep my camera on me.

The question in the case of Gaza/Israel, especially as of late, is do the ends justify the means... There are daily rocket attacks on southern Israel, the IDF usually takes minimum action in response to these. When the rocket attacks get considerably larger, and reach areas that are much further than usual-it's only natural that the IDF would act accordingly.

Last edited by thevil1; 2012-11-16 at 02:33.
Old 2012-11-16, 02:18   Link #24632
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by thevil1 View Post
I don't want this Israel/Gasa discussion to go on here since it's off topic, but since people posted about it, I figured I'd throw in my bit

I'm currently posting this from just south of Tel Aviv, and let me tell you. It's very sobering when you hear the siren and a boom that is followed in an area that was thought to be safe.

I usually vlog about things like this, but when the siren sounded yesterday (Thursday evening), I didn't think anything of it since all the past siren sounds in this area were always only tests and drills. But when a boom is followed by the siren, it makes you wonder.
I now know to keep my camera on me.

The question in the case of Gaza/Israel, especially as of late, is do the ends justify the means... There are daily rocket attacks on southern Israel, the IDF usually takes minimum action in response to these. When the rocket attacks get considerably larger, and reach areas that are much further than usual-it's only natural that the IDF would act accordingly.
This world is going crazier everyday. Please stay safe!!!!!!
Old 2012-11-16, 03:37   Link #24633
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

There are days like this when I'm wondering if the people in that region, especially Palestinians, have ever thought about saying enough is enough with the bloody way of arms.

In Northern Ireland, despite the fact that a strong majority of Irish wanted (or want) to have the entire island, most people accepted to recognize that the UK would never let it off the hook and that the only way to recognize civil rights for local Catholics was by using diplomatic solutions and politics while alienating anyone who'd consider taking a violent path. Such a major shame that they don't think the same way in the Middle East.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:34   Link #24634
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
There are days like this when I'm wondering if the people in that region, especially Palestinians, have ever thought about saying enough is enough with the bloody way of arms.

In Northern Ireland, despite the fact that a strong majority of Irish wanted (or want) to have the entire island, most people accepted to recognize that the UK would never let it off the hook and that the only way to recognize civil rights for local Catholics was by using diplomatic solutions and politics while alienating anyone who'd consider taking a violent path. Such a major shame that they don't think the same way in the Middle East.
Its easier to manipulate people who live in poverty and have no access to proper education. Now considering that Israel as a state will do everything to claim all natural resources of value for herself in that region, you somehow get the uneasy idea that this situation might not be exactly unwanted for ulterior reasons.
Because in order to uphold the status quo and to further a 2 class citizenship, you need to pit people against each other. And the Hamas is an all too willing tool in that process.
And it is Israel's neighbours that also want that status quo to remain, because they like to have someone their own people can antagonize instead of people who are seeing what is wrong in their own backyards.
So in essence, moderate (normal) people are caught in a matter of circumstances that serves only certain elites. And that is the truely sad thing about it.
If all those manipulative leading elites and their fanatic followers (the few nuts in the system, who make it bad for everyone) were gone, people could actually live in peace in the region. But that is wishful thinking.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:38   Link #24635
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
Its easier to manipulate people who live in poverty and have no access to proper education. Now considering that Israel as a state will do everything to claim all natural resources of value for herself in that region, you somehow get the uneasy idea that this situation might not be exactly unwanted for ulterior reasons..
I can assure you that no one wants any of the natural resources in Gaza.
not Israel, not Egypt, not Hamas, no one.
there aren't any.

and I've just returned from being stationed in Mishmar Hanegev (around 30 kilometers from Gaza) for the last 2 days.
on average, you have at least 1 rocket alert per hour.
i have no idea how people living in the south put up with it for so long.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:02   Link #24636
killer3000ad

Israel mobilizes 30,000 reservists
Looks like Israel might be planning a ground op as well.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:03   Link #24637
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post
Israel mobilizes 30,000 reservists
Looks like Israel might be planning a ground op as well.
It won't happen.
unless something drastic takes place, It ain't going to happen.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:05   Link #24638
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Damn... I wish I was Japanese....
Old 2012-11-16, 06:09   Link #24639
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
It won't happen.
unless something drastic takes place, It ain't going to happen.
I am guessing it to be a show of force in response to the Hamas' rocket attack. Another guess though, would be that Syria and Iran are planning the diss ops to take away the world attention from them.

Old 2012-11-16, 06:15   Link #24640
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
I am guessing it to be a show of force in response to the Hamas' rocket attack. Another guess though, would be that Syria and Iran are planning the diss ops to take away the world attention from them.
so far the Israeli Air Force has attacked around 500 Hamas and other group targets all over Gaza.
plus, took out the Majority of their long range rocket capabilities.
and, most importantly, killed Hamas's equivalent of "Chief of Staffs" of their entire army.
as far as shows of force go, it served its purpose.

unless something REALLY serious takes place, there's not going to be an actual ground entry.
if there was, my reserve unit would not have been discharged.

Tags
current affairs, discussion, international