AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-05-30, 04:41   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 669 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

More Punk Hazard goodness is here! Credit goes to T and CCC from AP for summary and translation, respectively:

-Chapter title is "The Strategy Commences". The splash page features Vivi with Luffy and Carue in the background.

-We finally discover what happened to Zoro's group: While searching for the samurai, they found the giant footprints and decided to follow them. However, right when they reach a cliff, they get attacked by the Yeti bros.' gas shells. They then fall off the cliff and are about to land on a stalagmite pincushion, but Zoro slices it up before they got skewered.

-Back to the present, CC's servants are ready to collect their bodies when Sanji wakes up, and takes them out. After waking the other two, the three of them continue their search and eventually find Kinemon, who's freezing cold. Meanwhile, it seems that the centaurs who had their clothes stolen appear before Zoro's group, but then soon run away upon seeing the mountain-sized slime monster that was unleashed last chapter. We then cut to Caesar who explains that the slime was the cause of the incident in Punk Hazard 4 years ago. In fact, it's more of a condensed form of the poisonous gases that polluted the island at that time.....

-Back to the marines, Tashigi discovers that she can turn into smoke with her new body. They then secure a ship so someone could send a report to HQ. Meanwhile, Chopper and Law arrive at the lab, but something flies out to greet them. Back to the marines again, Luffy along with Robin and Franky arrive at their battlefield..... by crashing into the ship that they had stolen. Everyone at the area is shocked.....

Well, at least we know what happened with Zoro's group now. That's interesting info about the slime, as well. So maybe an advanced logia ability is to create monsters out of that particular element? If so, that sure would make future battles interesting. And before anyone asks, the thing Law and Chopper saw flying out of the lab was Luffy's group. The pics out now already prove that much.

Shouldn't be long before a full translation is out, now....
Old 2012-05-30, 06:54   Link #2
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Think it's about time Law starts to really regret joining up with Luffy xD
Old 2012-05-30, 08:35   Link #3
kiak666

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The flashback about Zoro's group was interessting, though it didn't quite explain, why they were shown unconscious between some footprints before.
They were unconscious due to the gas bullet the Yeti Brothers used.
Old 2012-05-30, 08:35   Link #4
ronin myael
lost ronin

so chopper goes from a hat decor and a sword strap accessory, to baggage? what a cute baggage!

i laughed when i saw law's expression when luffy and the others appeared declaring his intentions for everyone to hear. typical luffy! poor law! he should have offered his alliance to someone else!

the slime is intriguing. so that thing is the cause of the island's destruction, not cc himself. and there i was thinking it was some experiment gone bad. turns out cc himself created that thing to wreak havoc! the guy is truly a psycho. possibly the biggest psychopathic megalomaniac in op-verse.

and oh, it was nice seeing vivi and carue again. i missed them! thank you for that splash page oda-sensei!
Old 2012-05-30, 08:44   Link #5
Valky
Radioactive

As expected of Luffy, there is no strategy in his dictionary. lol.

Looking forward to how Zoro slash that slime mountain.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:47   Link #6
james0246

So so chapter. The Zoro bit was pretty weak (the best part was the three pirates imagining what the snowmen looked like). It's nice to see Tashigi failing at controlling Smoker's body, but the battle is fairly boring. I liked Luffy's sudden arrival, but that's about it.
Old 2012-05-30, 09:57   Link #7
ronin myael
lost ronin

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdeal000 View Post
The way i understood it,
Spoiler for monster:
ahhh... perhaps i read scans with messed up translations again. okay, i'll read the chapter again later.

he still created that thing though and i doubt he just kept it in the island without unleashing it on something or someone just for the heck of it. experiments like that need to be tested, after all.
Old 2012-05-30, 10:30   Link #8
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiak666 View Post
They were unconscious due to the gas bullet the Yeti Brothers used.

I don't think that's what he meant. I think he was asking why there were footprints near Zoro's group when the flashback showed that the yeti bros. were at a cliff when they attacked. My guess is that they went to check out the bodies themselves after they fell from the cliff (though I think the lack of puncture wounds should have been a dead giveaway that they survived, IMO). BTW, still find it interesting that the yetis' faces STILL weren't shown even in the flashback.....

Anyways, I don't really have much more to say about the chapter. I do find it interesting that Kinemon's unable to use his power due to his torso being submerged in water. CC looks as creepy as ever, and Luffy's back to his old reckless stunts again. I'm still wondering if CC has any more guardians at hand now that Luffy has openly challenged him....
Old 2012-05-30, 11:30   Link #9
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Hmm I should have expected Luffy to to enter the fray with a bang but I never did think of it.
Funny that, it's something you'd really know by now but somehow it slipped by me.

Don't think I'll ever tire of the SH throwing a spanner into the works, it's kinda "cliche" in regards to One Piece itself but always a treat to see regardless.

Oh and somehow I'm completely loving "Nami-swan" with the cig, it's rather hawt
Old 2012-05-30, 11:59   Link #10
ZeroForever

hmm only curious note that i found was Law's situation in that he is unable to oppose CC.

I'm going to assume his crew mates are captured or such, given there lack of appearance.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:31   Link #11
randomlex
In the eye of the storm

Indeed, it's pretty weird that Law can't catch Caesar himself. If his crew is held by Joker or CC, it would make sense...

And he's got a pretty good use for his power, too - warping from point to point - pretty ingenious.
Old 2012-05-30, 12:36   Link #12
Divine Punisher

Send a message via MSN to Divine Punisher
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The flashback about Zoro's group was interessting, though it didn't quite explain, why they were shown unconscious between some footprints before.
that must have been the moment when they passed out and before the fall down the cliff. after that, the yedi cool bros shot them down and informed HQ to pick up the three dead SHs.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:16   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Usopp was mysteriously absent from this chapter. Wonder what he's up to.

Nanji is freaking badass. I want to see him fight Smoshigi more than ever now.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:17   Link #14
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Nanji is freaking badass. I want to see him fight Smoshigi more than ever now.
Or maybe hitting on her.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:24   Link #15
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

By the time they get to Raftel, Nami's gonna be an avid smoker and die soon after from lung cancer.

Thanks Sanji...you asshole.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:31   Link #16
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
By the time they get to Raftel, Nami's gonna be an avid smoker and die soon after from lung cancer.

Thanks Sanji...you asshole.

Not to mention that poor Tashigi will most likely die from emphysema before she even manages to become a vice-admiral.

Smoker, you're a dick.
Old 2012-05-30, 13:55   Link #17
Rainbowman

Splash page: What's Luffy doing with Vivi and Carue?

Main Story: Zoro's group is still alive right?
Old 2012-05-30, 14:04   Link #18
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbowman View Post
Splash page: What's Luffy doing with Vivi and Carue?

Main Story: Zoro's group is still alive right?
Oda is back to doing fan requests so expect weird splash pages again.

And the first one or two pages are current time, the rest is a flashback so yea...alive.
Old 2012-05-30, 16:46   Link #19
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 669
That was not a bad chapter. I wonder what problem Law has that prevents him from fighting with CC? Stealth is not in Luffy's dictionary at all. Zoro actually knows were he is at on the Island. He is improving a lot. Looks like CC and the Harpy Vs. Luffy, Robin, and Franky. Other fight Zoro, Brooks, and Sanji vs. Slime. I wonder who Smoker is going to side with in this fight. I wonder if Law has the whole Island in his Room power? He was only allowed to teleport when he was in his Room. Now we see him in the room but he is teleporting to different areas of the Island.
Old 2012-05-30, 17:13   Link #20
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Law probably left a room open before hand and transferred between rooms afterwards.
And Smoker was never one to choose sides, he'll probably attack both of them if it comes to it.
Closed Thread