AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Old 2013-04-30, 17:02   Link #1241
Destined_Fate

We will see how that ends up progressing. If they all survive than I'm placing bets that Shoko gets with L-Elf and Haruto finally moves on after repeatedly messing up his chances with Shoko and realizes that Saki is a very nice girl and he should have treated her better. Especially since she's has been very helpful so far and is very much interested in him.

Thus no victorious Childhood Friend.

My Alternative to that is Saki eventually dies and Shoko gets with Haruto at/near the end. L-Elf dying in a blaze of glory and having his goal accomplished, I guess...

Or they pull a CG and kill off Haruto and no one out of the main four is happy.
Destined_Fate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-30, 17:14   Link #1242
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by kuromitsu View Post
*cough*Aquarion*cough*Aquarion EVOL*cough*
Never watched those but I remember tons of hetero shipping from this Evol. Did the MC seriously end up with a dude instead of one of the two girls?
Old 2013-04-30, 17:41   Link #1243
Destined_Fate

No. Can't say more due to spoilers.
Old 2013-04-30, 21:15   Link #1244
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

You know, the commander eyepatch guy is unusually compassionate. I expected him to be more hard-nosed, but he actually gave consent for the team to try and recapture L-Elf alive. Even though it isn't their mission, the guy understands that he can't stop young men from doing what they had to do.
Old 2013-05-01, 06:32   Link #1245
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
You know, the commander eyepatch guy is unusually compassionate. I expected him to be more hard-nosed, but he actually gave consent for the team to try and recapture L-Elf alive. Even though it isn't their mission, the guy understands that he can't stop young men from doing what they had to do.
As a great man once said, "One does not judge the mistakes of one's youth."
Old 2013-05-01, 07:00   Link #1246
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon View Post
As a great man once said, "One does not judge the mistakes of one's youth."
The website bio described him as skilled soldier and commander. I am just surprised that there is so little sign of him being evil natured. I am prepared to be wrong, but somehow I hope he would actually be found to be a nice guy all the way through the show and not being secretly evil.
Old 2013-05-01, 07:18   Link #1247
chi4ko
Astronaut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vallen Chaos Valiant View Post
I expect him to be fully aware of and support L11's cause. His whole presence oozes with the 'Just as planned!' Light Yagami aura! But yeah, even though he's a Space Nazi commander, it doesn't have to mean that he's devoid of feelings.
chi4ko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-05-01, 07:32   Link #1248
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
I expect him to be fully aware of and support L11's cause. His whole presence oozes with the 'Just as planned!' Light Yagami aura! But yeah, even though he's a Space Nazi commander, it doesn't have to mean that he's devoid of feelings.
It's just that I like it when a show breaks tradition, like in Tiger and Bunny where
Spoiler for spoilers:
Old 2013-05-01, 09:29   Link #1249
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by chi4ko View Post
Or he has an idea on what L-Elf is trying to do and he wants that to happen since it will help his own plans in the end. Support L-Elf now doesn't mean they have to have the same end goal, I believe.
Old 2013-05-01, 09:58   Link #1250
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Or he has an idea on what L-Elf is trying to do and he wants that to happen since it will help his own plans in the end. Support L-Elf now doesn't mean they have to have the same end goal, I believe.
But he didn't specifically aid L-Elf. He only gave the squad permission to look for him while recapturing VVV. If he wanted to help L-Elf he would have been more proactive in, for example, wanting L-Elf alive. Currently all he did was to let the squad do what they wish.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:15   Link #1251
Destined_Fate

But he didn't tell them to kill L-Elf and told them they could deviate from the mission, despite how important it is, for L-Elf. So clearly he has something planned due to that.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:18   Link #1252
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
But he didn't tell them to kill L-Elf and told them they could deviate from the mission, despite how important it is, for L-Elf. So clearly he has something planned due to that.
If he was to plan anything, it would be easier to just order them directly. You don't "plan" via the vague unknown actions of your subordinates. He is letting them do what they want, if that somehow ended up a part of his plan then he might as well be a demigod.
Old 2013-05-01, 10:46   Link #1253
Destined_Fate

Not if he doesn't see them for his end goal and is just using them to get what he wants. Their offer to go after L-Elf means that he doesn't have to do anything but look the other way and I'm sure that's a far simpler and easier plan to do than what else he could have been planning. At the very least he can look to be too trusting of his subordinates if things go bad and suspicion wouldn't fall on him for ulterior motives.
Old 2013-05-01, 11:30   Link #1254
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Not if he doesn't see them for his end goal and is just using them to get what he wants. Their offer to go after L-Elf means that he doesn't have to do anything but look the other way and I'm sure that's a far simpler and easier plan to do than what else he could have been planning. At the very least he can look to be too trusting of his subordinates if things go bad and suspicion wouldn't fall on him for ulterior motives.
Go after L-Elf and do what?
That's the risk. We don't know what the team would do when they meet again. The Commander can't possibly know what would happen. Which means you can't plan for it. And as such it makes no difference and is as if he did nothing at all.

There is absolute zero control of the outcome. This means there is no suspicion of ulterior motive because at the very least he should have tried to influence the outcome if that's what he wanted.

Is your idea of a nefarious plan, telling someone to "do whatever you want"?
Old 2013-05-01, 11:41   Link #1255
Destined_Fate

That we don't know yet other than that he was way too happy to let them do what they wanted despite the mission they're supposed to be doing that is very important. Clearly he has something to gain depending on the outcome.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:04   Link #1256
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
That we don't know yet other than that he was way too happy to let them do what they wanted despite the mission they're supposed to be doing that is very important. Clearly he has something to gain depending on the outcome.
You definitely reached conspiracy theory territory there. If he HAS something to gain, then he should try to influence the outcome. You make him sound stupid. If they screw up their main mission because they get distracted, then the team suffers. I don't see him being such a retarded-evil character.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:28   Link #1257
Destined_Fate

Whose to say that letting them do what they want isn't him doing that? He could also be plotting to do other things later to get what he wants. As of right now all we have is that he let them go with getting L-Elf over their high priority mission. I honestly don't see why he would jeopardize the mission like that if he wasn't expecting something out of it.

Or he may just be incompetent and I'm giving him way too much credit.
Old 2013-05-01, 12:32   Link #1258
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Whose to say that letting them do what they want isn't him doing that? He could also be plotting to do other things later to get what he wants. As of right now all we have is that he let them go with getting L-Elf over their high priority mission. I honestly don't see why he would jeopardize the mission like that if he wasn't expecting something out of it.

Or he may just be incompetent and I'm giving him way too much credit.
Your assumption is that he has ulterior motives, which is problematic in how little control he has. But if he isn't planning anything, then it makes sense.

How about giving him credit for possibly being a professional solder doing his job, and taking care of his subordinates?
Old 2013-05-01, 12:37   Link #1259
Destined_Fate

At the cost of a high priority mission?

The odds of them succeeding at that and with L-Elf are quite low. Especially because of the L-Elf factor considering what he can do all on his own. Letting L-Elf know they're there will be more than enough to get him involved to stop them if it gets in the way of his own plans.
Old 2013-05-02, 12:06   Link #1260
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Urgh, must have missed some scenes before the OP...

First half:
Spoiler:

EDIT - second half:
Spoiler:

EDIT bis - post ED sequence:
Spoiler:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2013-05-02 at 13:35. Reason: Copy-pasted a spoiler at the wrong place
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, body swapping, fukujun, love polygon, mecha, sci-fi, space, space idol, vampire