AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-12-26, 13:15   Link #21
Eisdrache
Part-time misanthrope

But isn't Rebecca also shown knocked out? It somehow doesn't make sense to show her just to have her stand up shortly after.
Old 2013-12-26, 13:28   Link #22
shalala

I don't think it was Rebecca. Seeing how she was seen with her helmet off and on the ground like the rest of the fighters. I do hope Toy solder doesn't die in battle.
Old 2013-12-26, 15:41   Link #23
Spammowarrior

I think it's possible it was the dwarves who knocked out everybody. In that case the surviving combatant should be rebecca...
Old 2013-12-26, 16:19   Link #24
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Definately a nice chapter. The only thing which bothers me a little bit is Usopp. I got the impression he matured a little bit during the 2 year timeskip and got a bit of confidence in his own powers (since he isn't that weak), but he is still is the same old coward.

I'm honestly not the least bit surprised that Usopp is still wimpy after the skip. Even if he did become stronger, he'll still be the (physically) weakest in the crew. I really don't think we should expect him to have became Mr. Fearless overnight, let alone those two years. It just means that, like the rest of the crew, he still has room for improvement, and he'll grow even further during his adventures in the NW. So I say just give the guy a bit more time to build up his confidence, that's all....

And besides, being a wimp isn't exactly a disadvantage either if you at least have the charisma to make up for it. Otherwise, Buggy wouldn't be a shichibukai now, would he?
Old 2013-12-26, 18:11   Link #25
crazydom

I really hope it wasn't Rebecca. Cavendish literally just got treated like a fodder. Her being that strong would be insane.
Old 2013-12-26, 20:30   Link #26
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydom View Post
I really hope it wasn't Rebecca. Cavendish literally just got treated like a fodder. Her being that strong would be insane.
Cavendish has kinda lost his purpose. I mean the whole reason he was going along with this was to get a shot at a supernova, and the only supernova that showed up ended up dropping out. He really doesn't have much of a reason to stick around... Rebecca is the only one thathas a reason to keep fighting... though i guess we could always get a surprise from some random other character like meadows... though that would be awkard

Granted i think what i might prefer is that more thna one person gets back up so that we can have a proper one-on-one showdown fight to close the fight.
Old 2013-12-27, 00:25   Link #27
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Usopp would most likely have no problem to deal with the "fodder guys", however at that moment he was under great pressure from the "leader of the attack on the factory act".
Old 2013-12-27, 00:35   Link #28
grey_1960
Annie Leonhart

Chapter 733
That was pretty good chapter. I would say yes Rebecca did win, but Oda is really shaking a lot of things up in this arch. Things are only getting crazier by the minute. Has for Ussope, Oda has given him the most crucial mission to this whole arch. Here hoping Oda lets him get a crack at Trebol. It would give us a chance to see what he has learned over the two year time skip. I am also curious to see how Robin and Franky will do when enemy reinforcements arrive.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Cavendish has kinda lost his purpose. I mean the whole reason he was going along with this was to get a shot at a supernova, and the only supernova that showed up ended up dropping out. He really doesn't have much of a reason to stick around... Rebecca is the only one thathas a reason to keep fighting... though i guess we could always get a surprise from some random other character like meadows... though that would be awkard

Granted i think what i might prefer is that more thna one person gets back up so that we can have a proper one-on-one showdown fight to close the fight.
Switch up between Lucy and Sabo public or secret?
Cavendish does not know Luffy has been switched out for Sabo. Sabo and Luffy switching under the Lucy disguise was not a public event. Everyone who figured out Luffy is Lucy does not know the switch up happened. Now the question is did Luffy and Sabo let Bartolomeo know they switched places?
Old 2013-12-27, 01:34   Link #29
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_1960 View Post
Switch up between Lucy and Sabo public or secret?
Cavendish does not know Luffy has been switched out for Sabo. Sabo and Luffy switching under the Lucy disguise was not a public event. Everyone who figured out Luffy is Lucy does not know the switch up happened. Now the question is did Luffy and Sabo let Bartolomeo know they switched places?
True, but that doesn't really leave Cavendish much to do in the tournament in terms of plot. Yes he personally might think he still has a reason to keep fighting, but his reason ran away on him. He's got nothing against Sabo, so it really only amounts to him being set up to make a mistake of identity. And he doesn't need to be part of the tournament to do that, since he can harass Lucy outside the matches... So ya, plot wise he doesn't have nearly as much to do as Rebecca does in the finals.

Also I would assume Bartolomeo knows about Sabo. He was walking along and talking with Lucy right after the switch. Not only should he be close enough to notice that Lucy looks and sounds different, but he's also not foaming at the mouth and squealing like a fangirl. Most likely he's working with Sabo to get the fruit as a favor to Luffy.

Last edited by Slayerx; 2013-12-27 at 01:57.
Old 2013-12-29, 00:52   Link #30
JonSnow

I got my money on Rebecca and Cavendish, getting up.
Damn can it really be Meadows doing? I mean he's been missing in action from the start of D block.
I'd rather have Diamante knocking them all out, to shorten the end of the tournament. That way, we could have a be 4 way match right away.
Old 2013-12-30, 00:10   Link #31
Rainbowman

Words cannot describe the action in this chapter.
Old 2013-12-31, 01:17   Link #32
yakumo-chan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx View Post
Indeed. I mean being afraid of Doflamingo and the yonkou is one thing, but the random grunts? What happened to the ussop that introduced himself by kicking some fake strawhat ass?
Oda needs to make ussop a coward so that when the "Bravest man in the sea" time comes, it will become epic.

it was a mistake though that in the start of the post time skip to make him look like he is not afraid anymore
Old 2013-12-31, 05:47   Link #33
GreyZone
"Senior" "Member"

Quote:
Originally Posted by yakumo-chan View Post
Oda needs to make ussop a coward so that when the "Bravest man in the sea" time comes, it will become epic.

it was a mistake though that in the start of the post time skip to make him look like he is not afraid anymore
I think it is more likely that he overreacts right now, because of the pressure of being the "leader of the attack on the factory". I do not think that Ussop would be afraid of the guards otherwise.
Old 2013-12-31, 13:48   Link #34
yakumo-chan

nope, im pretty sure oda is planning something why Ussop is still scared right now,,
and it was a mistake to make ussop look like he's more fearless in the post time skip...

Ussop being scared right now is a foreshadowing of his dream "the bravest man of the sea"

anyways...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY EICHIRO ODA!!!!
AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TOO!!!
Old 2013-12-31, 17:42   Link #35
marvelB

Quote:

Quote:
and it was a mistake to make ussop look like he's more fearless in the post time skip...

I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "mistake". If you're talking about Usopp boasting and bragging about how much stronger he became after the skip.... hey, let's not forget that exaggerated boasting is kind of a part of his character. Always has been. I mean, were you also one of those people who also expected to see a much more serious and stoic Luffy after the skip, too?
Old 2013-12-31, 22:40   Link #36
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm not exactly sure what you mean by "mistake". If you're talking about Usopp boasting and bragging about how much stronger he became after the skip.... hey, let's not forget that exaggerated boasting is kind of a part of his character. Always has been. I mean, were you also one of those people who also expected to see a much more serious and stoic Luffy after the skip, too?
No, ussop's boasting and bragging after the timeskip was different; it was more genuine. Usually when ussop pulled that act you could flat out tell that he was lying. But in this case, he easily dispatched a bunch of large villainous guys without a hint of hesitation and addressed the whole situation and nami with complete confidence. It felt like genuine growth of character... and heck, i don't recall seeing much of Ussops's cowardice since the timeskip either. I mean, the fishmen were WAY scarier than these grunts and ussop just treated them all like fodder; only time i recall him getting scared like this post timeskip is when they were dealing with something serious like the idea of going up against the emperors.

And really, if i had a complaint about Oda's writing, its that I am disappointed how little the characters change. The characters experience events that should make some change in them, and yet they seem to be largely written the same way they always had been... it disappoints me since, this series HAS shown itself able to have some real genuinely good emotional moments, and seeing more personal growth in the characters would be a plus. I'm not asking for too much though; one mistake a lot of series make is that in their efforts to make the characters grow they make things WAY too serious and kill all the fun; and i don't want to see that happen to one piece as i enjoy the fact that it can still be fun. But would like to see something, and ussop seemingly getting over most of his fears seemed like a good touch... After living on a carnivorous island for 2 years, i would hope that he would no longer sweat dealing with grunts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Hey guys, is the "D" Law is referring to here Dragon?
Dragon's the only "D" that I know of associated with storms.

Spoiler for size:
Eh, i don't think he was being literal. He doesn't mean a literal storm... more like stir up chaos, cause trouble and so on.
Old 2014-01-01, 04:22   Link #37
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
Originally Posted by philip72 View Post
Does "暴風 (storm)" in Japanese carry that particular connotation like it does in English?
Yes it does.
Old 2014-01-02, 22:32   Link #38
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Sabo is a revolutionary and Sabo is Kaido. Two theories that i have had for a very long time. When every one was saying Sabo was dead, i was in the minority in arguing that Sabo isn't dead. and thus far i am sticking with both theories until proven wrong.

We know Sabo was talking with a revolutionary person on phone but we don't know if Sabo himself is a revolutionary. You can speculate he is, but it isn't confirmed.
Also remember Sabo was unwilling to be part of any one's crew (including both Luffy and ace). He wanted to be free and do what ever he wanted ( same as the other 2 brothers).

Let's not forget i still believe in a possibility that Sabo is working under dragon but i am open to other theories/possibilities as well.

Sabo could be Kaidou and an ally of the revolutionaries. Sabo could be a pirate caption and ally of revolutionary and ... .

Lastly, i want to say this, just because a theory might not ( or might be the case) that doesn't make a theory good or bad theory. This line of thinking is a form of logical fallacy.
----

More about this chapter. I see two likely possibilities of the unknown person,
1) Meadows, who could be that Jack, Kaidou or Kaidou/other yonkou related.
2) Rebecca. Why her? well because the panel with toy soldier seemed to be leading to that.
Old 2014-01-03, 03:17   Link #39
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Sabo isn't Kaido because Oda isn't a turd who grew a set of hands and writing aspirations
Old 2014-01-03, 06:35   Link #40
ZGoten
Custom User Title

Send a message via ICQ to ZGoten
I just don't think the title of "King of Beasts" fits Sabo's character portrayal. When I think of Kaidou, I associate him with ferocity, raw, destructive power, unparalleled stamina and durability. When I think of the little boy who allegedly died all those years ago and try to imagine him as a young adult, I'm much more thinking cunning, dexterity and eloquence. Now I don't think it would have been impossible for this little boy to grow into something completely inexpected, but since it is already hinted heavily, that Sabo is the aristocratic looking guy from chapter 732, I don't think that theory is likely to be true anymore.