Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2008-03-30, 14:13   Link #261
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Endrance View Post

ok i added text and now im trying to have tears falling from her eyes although i stilll have concerns over the rain i dunno how it will work out any ideas?
Im not sure if tears through the rain would be visible. You might have to decide between one or the other. I agree that the rain doesnt really fit, so maybe try to just go with the tears.
Old 2008-03-30, 14:15   Link #262
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by genryou View Post
current update....

'feminin' to 'feminine' ---> done
add more petals ----> done

so, how does it look?

i cant help but think there's something wrong with the petals movement....
The petal movements are too uniformed. They seem to be falling in synchronization. Try to add some random direction of the petals. Also try not to make them fall in a straight line.

Are you trying to create a spinning effect on the petals? For my last SOTM entry, I used the "flippy animation" to make it look like it's turning.

Here's a tip on saving the number of frames required.

When you combine both of them, it'll create an illusion of a continuous flow.

I've sort of copy pasta'ed the petal animation on my last sig to see how it'll look. I hope you don't mind.
Spoiler:
Old 2008-03-30, 14:35   Link #263
genryou
The ______ maker
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to genryou
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Are you trying to create a spinning effect on the petals? For my last SOTM entry, I used the "flippy animation" to make it look like it's turning.
actually, your sig is one of my reference when making this animation, i try to create the spinning effect just like you did but it end up not working...

a very good reference, thank you very much...^___^
Old 2008-03-30, 15:39   Link #264
Miko Miko
Imouto-Chan♥
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Not really if you had read anything about color. The original one looks wrong, Rika X ???? bust size.........
I believe that is Frederica Bernkastle from Umineko, not Rika.
but i guess i understand

Old 2008-03-30, 15:59   Link #265
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Izayoi
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko View Post
but i guess i understand
WUT!!! another lolis!#@!#!@#!@#

edit: Not much of a Higurashi fan, haven't played the game.
Old 2008-03-30, 16:42   Link #266
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miko Miko
It is Bernkastel, indeed . (which would explain the bust size, although I think that in Umineko, Bernkastel is as flat chested as Rika . But it's just a fanart anyway, so you can't expect it to be perfectly *cough* "accurate" *cough*)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Setsilya~ View Post
Bad color choice, blahed "green".
I think that if I had decided to keep the original colors, I might have ended up with a very dark signature, and that wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I went with green (no particuler reason, it just looked pretty). However, I did make another version, but decided to go with my first one because it was just too... plain, in my opinion. Oh, well, I'll just post it here so you can see by yourself;

Old 2008-03-30, 17:00   Link #267
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
It is Bernkastel, indeed . (which would explain the bust size, although I think that in Umineko, Bernkastel is as flat chested as Rika . But it's just a fanart anyway, so you can't expect it to be perfectly *cough* "accurate" *cough*)
Bernkastel just has a "moderate" bust (She is by no mean flat, that's pretty much apparant in the game).
The thing is considering her way of speech and real "age", along with Rika's "wish" (), Fanarts go sometimes overboard.
That is to say, this one is quite exaggerated, it is even more than Shannon, so to speak

As a little note: do not confuse "Frederica Bernkastel" and "Bernkastel the Witch". Both are different, it is just kinda subtle, just like Rika =/= Frederica

Quote:
I think that if I had decided to keep the original colors, I might have ended up with a very dark signature, and that wasn't exactly what I wanted, so I went with green (no particuler reason, it just looked pretty). However, I did make another version, but decided to go with my first one because it was just too... plain, in my opinion. Oh, well, I'll just post it here so you can see by yourself;

I think you should try some marine blue or indigo... something close to her normal color, but different enough to give some emphasis.
Her face is quite a problem, because it is flaring, so you can't see any nose or mouth.
EDIT: I realised that the nose and mouth are terribly discrete... hu..."
Old 2008-03-30, 17:20   Link #268
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel E. View Post
You know, I dont think you can actuallly approve or disapprove someone's opinion just because they haven't read the same art books as you.

If I think a combinations of colors looks good, then that combination is gonna work for me; Regardless of what others think or believe should be a "proper use of colors"
It is not an art book. The Color theory predicts the variety of colors combinations that would produce a harmony visual. I didn't really word my speech right, it is not that I am disapproving her opinion. I'm just saying the tone of color would lack of appeal to "most" people according to knowledge I have stored. Disagreeable or not is up to you.
Old 2008-03-30, 17:25   Link #269
Endrance
~Rock ☆~
*Graphic Designer

I gave up on my other one and moved to this one my only problem is i suck with text other than that i like it. Still gotta add a border i know.I originally had the background water rippling but i couldnt use it without going over the size limit
Old 2008-03-30, 17:41   Link #270
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to xxmimixx Send a message via Yahoo to xxmimixx
Okay, I think I don't wanna go with the "Shine" siggy anymore. To me, it looked a little rush, and plain to me (and maybe with you guys too). So I'm thinking of going ahead with this one. If not, than I had another idea in mind.

I think I might wanna do something to the render like make it stand out more. Any suggestions?

Last edited by xxmimixx; 2008-03-30 at 19:09.
Old 2008-03-30, 17:46   Link #271
Hakuryu
Klutz

@mimi
I'm wondering what exactly is that blue squiggly line right next to the "t" in pleasant. And the render looks washed out...she almost blends too much in the sig. But the background is lovely. ^^
Old 2008-03-30, 17:55   Link #272
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

^ Thanks. Thats a brush that I got from somewhere. It was originally for avatars, but I use it for siggys because the brush is too big for an avatar ^^.
Old 2008-03-30, 18:03   Link #273
Ayame_
Ever Bright, Ever Blue
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mimi_girl View Post
Okay, I think I don;t wanna go with the "Shine" siggy anymore. To me, it looked a little rush, and plain to me (and maybe with you guys too). So I'm thinking of going ahead with this one. If not, than I had another idea in mind.

I think I might wanna do something to the render like make it stand out more. Any suggestions?

The only thing that I can think of is that the dress isnt really visible you know? It is almost a neck upward shot, and I think that the theme is trying to accentuate the clothing a bit more.
Old 2008-03-30, 18:12   Link #274
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari
Her face is quite a problem, because it is flaring, so you can't see any nose or mouth.
EDIT: I realised that the nose and mouth are terribly discrete... hu..."
Yeah, her nose and her mouth are barely visible to begin with. Even so, I tried to give her her nose back (man, this sentence sounds wrong in so many ways ), but it looked quite weird, so I gave up and decided to let her "noseless".

I played around with the colors a little bit (and added a couple of brushes while I was at it), but I think that's the best I can do right now. I also gave Bernkastel a decent skin color, since because of all the color changes, she ended up having a yellow skin
In the end, I think this is going to be my final entry. The green version looks weird to me now.

Last edited by Featherine B.; 2008-03-30 at 19:43.
Old 2008-03-30, 18:28   Link #275
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernkastel View Post
Yeah, her nose and her mouth are barely visible to begin with. Even so, I tried to give her her nose back (man, this sentence sounds wrong in so many ways ), but it looked quite weird, so I gave up and decided to let her "noseless".

I played around with the colors a little bit (and added a couple of brushes while I was at it), but I think that's the best I can do right now. I also gave Bernkastel a decent skin color, since because of all the color changes, she ended up having a yellow skin
In the end, I think this is going to be my final entry. The green version looks weird to me now.
LoL noseless, doesn't really matter. Simple nose is one of the characteristic of moe.

Quote:
Okay, I think I don;t wanna go with the "Shine" siggy anymore. To me, it looked a little rush, and plain to me (and maybe with you guys too). So I'm thinking of going ahead with this one. If not, than I had another idea in mind.

Contrast, sharpen, saturation, blurred background usually makes the signature more focused.(/render stand out more) A good example of blurred background would the signature I am wearing now made by Bearshare, it also has a good amount of contrast seeing how the background surrounding the render is pretty negative. It is quite hard to make that render look stand out when you hue/saturation the whole thing.
Old 2008-03-30, 18:35   Link #276
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

@Bernkastel - That looks alot better. Kinda remind me of early 19th century britain kind of siggy. It is great =D.

Okay, I did some minor changes to the signature like make the render a little more noticable and the clothes more noticable by adding more contrast and sharpening it more, but not too much. What do you guys think now?

Old 2008-03-30, 18:38   Link #277
Izayoi
I LOVE FLAN_CHAN
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
@Bernkastel - That looks alot better. Kinda remind me of early 19th century britain kind of siggy. It is great =D.

Okay, I did some minor changes to the signature like make the render a little more noticable and the clothes more noticable. What do you guys think now?

The background looks overwhelming to the render, but biggest question is why didn't you choose Reimu as the Miko of the day.

Edit: 4 posts in one page, oshi-
Old 2008-03-30, 18:42   Link #278
xxmimixx
♥Sebastian's new wife♥
*Artist

^ I don't know XD. I don't see red and white (or her as a whole) with a very rich and elegant background. Since the outcome might come out in bluish/dreamy tones, I might as well chose a render more rich and elegant. But I already made a Yuyuko one with the same style, but I'm not using her because thats like being cheap to myself. See?

Old 2008-03-30, 19:13   Link #279
Featherine B.
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
*Author

Quote:
Thank you

Quote:
Okay, I did some minor changes to the signature like make the render a little more noticable and the clothes more noticable by adding more contrast and sharpening it more, but not too much. What do you guys think now?

As Setsilya just said, the background looks overwhelming. By making your render smaller, you make the background more noticeable. When people will look at your sig, they'll need to see the character right away. In this case, the background is a distraction because it's so big compared to the render, so I would recommend you make your sig a bit smaller, and make the render a little bit bigger. To me, it doesn't really matter if you don't see her clothes, it still has an elegant feel to it. Your first version would have been perfect if the render was more noticeable.
Keep it up
Old 2008-03-30, 21:08   Link #280
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
Even though nobody cares, I would like to remove myself from this contest because I do not feel that this is my style and overexert myself to be something I'm not. Look forward to me voting though.
Closed Thread

Tags
sotm