AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-12-02, 03:15   Link #1
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

This thread is for Code Geass fan who want to talk and ask about the online English translation of Lost Colors that I've recently started running on my website, http://code-geass-lost-colors-translation.yolasite.com/. It would make things much easier if there was a place where people could specifically talk about what's going on in the translation and to get people aware of it and giving them the option of joining in on the project. Of course, people could also add their own translations and maybe help each other in making a better and more complete English guide to this game.
Eternal Dreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 06:29   Link #2
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Ahh, the thread is made after all.

And I will be ready to translate in 2 weeks' time.

Credit to Godlike1889 for the sig!
Paladinoras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-02, 08:01   Link #3
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, now that this thread has been made, I think I should make certain things absolute clear: this thread is here only to discuss the translations, not the game itself. For that, I suggest you go to the original Lost Colors thread on this site (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=59971). This thread only relates to the translations me and my team are doing. As long as that's clear, then you can post as you wish.

Now, here's an important announcement: For the next two weeks, until the 23rd of December, there will be no new translations on my website. The reason is simple: Because I have now managed to find three other people who wish to participate in this project (four if you count Paladinoras), I've decided to focus on rewriting and improving my previous translations, which were really just rough copies. So for the next fortnight, I'll be focusing on that. Also, I intend to remodel my website a bit, since it's pretty dull and plain right now. Hopefully all these changes will not take too long.

Anyway, that's about it for now. Also, please state here if you wish to join in on this project. However, now that the group has begun to grow, I think I should state this very important criteria to joining: You have to say how much time you can devote to this project. That's one thing I would require from everyone.

In any case, that's it for now. Please post as you please hear (within reason, of course).
Old 2009-12-02, 23:12   Link #4
NettoSaito
Black Knight

Send a message via MSN to NettoSaito
It's really cool that you're working on a translation. Chances are that the USA will NEVER get this game.... Still wish the game its self was in english..

Anyway keep up the good work ^_^
NettoSaito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-03, 12:11   Link #5
Paladinoras
Pancakes

If anyone here has good programming skills and shizz, we could possibly make a patch. But who knows...

Old 2009-12-04, 01:11   Link #6
azul120

No one has figured out how to crack the file scheme of the PSP .iso yet.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 06:47   Link #7
Paladinoras
Pancakes

So how is the translation project going?

Old 2009-12-08, 21:33   Link #8
Velyoukai

Not too badly. I've gotten my copy and have smashed through the four basic routes to unlock each subsequent route. Finishing JDF and Cornelia's route for the Purist route and I'll begin my part in translating.
Velyoukai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 09:08   Link #9
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Oh, Velyoukai, you are joining the translation project too? Nice to know.

And Eternal Dreamer, i am ready for the translation project, I just finished my finals today. YAY!

Old 2009-12-09, 22:51   Link #10
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Oh, Velyoukai, you are joining the translation project too? Nice to know.

And Eternal Dreamer, i am ready for the translation project, I just finished my finals today. YAY!
That's great! (Although I'm still on break from playing game until the 23rd.) Wow, it seems like this translation project is really starting to grow! I'm really going to have to come up with a good system for this group if it keeps increasing at this rate!

Oh, that reminds me, I should probably name all the people who have offered to help in this project. They are:

Velyoukai, who you all just heard from in the previous posts here, who has agreed to correct the accuracy of the Japanese-English translations,

ShadowBlackMage (Gundam Ace on animesuki, but in our project we just refer to him as Shadow) who has already played much of the game and has agreed to be a sort of final editor for these translations,

Mazryonh (some of you may know him from his help with Bonzo's R2 remake on this site), who has offered to improve the quality of the English text within our translations,

And finally, myself, who started this project and created the site this translation project is hosted on. (I essentially re-transcribe the Japanese text onto my computer and then make a rough translation.)

(Well, that's what we've agreed upon so far, anyway. We're still trying to work the details out and get into the flow of doing the work. As such, this work "layout" could change in the future, especially as more people join.)

For Paladinoras, I'm glad that we can finally start working together. First of all though, could you specify at what kind of work you want to do? I know you said you could help with maybe fixing the translations, but considering all the things I've stated above, do you have some specific idea for what you wish to do? If not, then do you wish to discuss possibilities with you? I'm sorry if I seem a bit annoying here, this is my first time working on a project like this and I'm still trying to find a my "Internet" voice, if you will. (...Lame, I know.)

Also, is there anyone here who has some ideas for the design or layout of my website? If you've looked at it, then you've seen how bland it is. I want to make it more interesting, but I find that I can't decide on all the possibilities. Also, if anyone has some images that could be put on the site, could you post them here? I want to try getting many different opinions on this.

...Well, I think that's enough for my little speech here. And by the way, Velyoukai, now that you've played the game a bit, could you send me your take and corrections on the Introduction scene translation I sent you. (I'm sorry for bugging you repeatedly about it, but to start this project as a group, we need to begin with the, well, beginning. This project won't be able to really move forward until we get through it. Not that I'm pressuring you or anything...Although just saying that says that I'm pressuring you. Sorry...)

P.S. For Paladinoras, thanks for the visitor message you sent to me. (Although I don't really get how those work, this being my first time dealing with such things.)
Old 2009-12-10, 01:26   Link #11
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eternal Dreamer View Post
For Paladinoras, I'm glad that we can finally start working together. First of all though, could you specify at what kind of work you want to do? I know you said you could help with maybe fixing the translations, but considering all the things I've stated above, do you have some specific idea for what you wish to do? If not, then do you wish to discuss possibilities with you? I'm sorry if I seem a bit annoying here, this is my first time working on a project like this and I'm still trying to find a my "Internet" voice, if you will. (...Lame, I know.)

P.S. For Paladinoras, thanks for the visitor message you sent to me. (Although I don't really get how those work, this being my first time dealing with such things.)
Hmm, well, honestly, I've never done these kinds of things before, so whatever you need help with, I'll help. If Velyoukai can't cope with fixing all of the translations and need help doing some, then I will too, if not then maybe I should translate a part of the conversation too. It's really your call, Dreamer. And it's fine, no such thing as being too annoying.

Hahaha, well, basically, you click on the See-Wall-to-Wall comment and post back to my wall. If you commented on your own wall, I can't reply. Lol

Old 2009-12-10, 22:05   Link #12
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paladinoras View Post
Hmm, well, honestly, I've never done these kinds of things before, so whatever you need help with, I'll help. If Velyoukai can't cope with fixing all of the translations and need help doing some, then I will too, if not then maybe I should translate a part of the conversation too. It's really your call, Dreamer. And it's fine, no such thing as being too annoying.

Hahaha, well, basically, you click on the See-Wall-to-Wall comment and post back to my wall. If you commented on your own wall, I can't reply. Lol
Well, thanks for the tip about that. I'll try and make use of it in the future. (Probably.)

Anyway, just so you know, we're currently still working on fine-tuning the Introduction, so there might not be much you could do right now, since Velyoukai has pretty much finished correcting the Japanese-English translation. He'll be sending it to Mazryonh soon, who will be working on rewriting the translations so that they aren't as blunt and bland as they currently are. After that, it will be sent to Shadow, who will look it over and give it the go ahead if he thinks its good.

In any case, as you can see, I'm really at a loss here as to what you could currently do right now. (Sorry if I keep seeming uncertain and wishy-washy here; this is my first time working on a group project over the Internet and I just feel so unsure about everything on this project right now. However, I'm going to make an effort to put that behind me and get used to this.)

...Man, I must be really tired to have written such an emotional rant. Sorry about that. Anyway, for now, how about you give me your email? In order to work on this project, I'm going to need to contact you outside of this thread. Mine's unknown0entity@gmail.com. Contact me as soon as possible so that I can give you everyone else's email as well. I'm going to need to properly introduce to the rest of the group in order to start things off.

(And now, I'm going to bed before my head falls on top of the keyboard. I'm NEVER staying up past eleven again without a good reason. I'm just not capable of staying up late without suffering severe effects the next night, like right n...~snore~)
Old 2009-12-10, 23:02   Link #13
Paladinoras
Pancakes

kingrayster@hotmail.com is my email. XD

And it's all good, relax, there is really no rush to it. Lol

Old 2009-12-24, 22:48   Link #14
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Well, this thread has been pretty quiet lately. Sorry for the lack of updates in the last little while, but I have good news: My self-imposed vacation is finally over! I've already uploaded the translations for Day 6 onto the site, so go ahead and take a look.

Also, I have some news in regards to the project:

First off, I've changed the design of both the translation document and the website (explained on homepage's newest update), which will be applied to all the previous translations later on. Also, now that there are more members in this project, there are going to be two kinds of translations posted on the site from now on: the original/unedited ones done by myself (or anyone else who transcribes and translates from the game) that is done without revisions or corrections; and then there's the final/edited ones looked over by the members of this project in order to edit and improve the translations. I'll always post the originals as soon as I finish them, then later on, once the group has reached that scene, the final version will replace on the site.

In other words, it's like how they do the online subs for anime: they post the rough and messy translations first in order to satisfy popular demand, but then post better, more clean and accurate ones later on after looking it over for a while. That's pretty much how it's going to work from now on.

Anyway, now that I'm on Christmas break, I'll be spending much more time working on this project (although there will be days when I will be preoccupied with other work), so you can expect lots of new translations for the next two weeks. We still haven't finished correcting the final version of the Introduction scene, but it should be up in the next little while.

I'll post more info in the next few days.

Oh, and Happy Holidays!!!
Old 2009-12-27, 11:18   Link #15
Paladinoras
Pancakes

Any luck on getting CWCHEAT to work, ED? Sorry I have been away recently. Did you get my e-mails though? I used my mobile, so I can't be sure.

Old 2009-12-27, 21:48   Link #16
Eternal Dreamer
Seeker of Truth and Lies

Sorry for taking so long to respond back. (Don't worry, I got all your emails.)

Anyway, about the WinAce program for the CWCHEAT, I took a look at it, but then I found out that, while it's possible to the thing for "free", you still have to accept another special offer and pay money. (At least, that's what I think: I don't normally deal with such sites, so it was a bit confusing.) I don't want to seem like I'm cheap, but I'm REALLY in no position to pay for that kind of thing, especially over the internet (and asking my family to pay is out of the question). So unless you know another way to get the screenshots, one that doesn't involve money, I'm afraid that getting screenshots will not be possible for the foreseeable future. (Unless someone else is able to get them, of course.)
Old 2009-12-29, 09:32   Link #17
Paladinoras
Pancakes

No, no, really, WinRAR is a free program, I'll give you the download link via PM. It will tell you to pay after 40 days or something like that, but you can just close the dialog box and it won't really matter.

Actually, I don't think I am breaking any rules here, so I will just post it here..

http://www.freedownloadscenter.com/U..._Download.html

Good Luck! And e-mail me if you have any more problems. I don't check here as much as I used to, so i can't guarantee a fast response.

Old 2009-12-30, 07:03   Link #18
Paladinoras
Pancakes

I have zipped all of the translations present in the website into one little pack. If anyone wants to download it, I'll gladly upload it within the next few days.

Old 2010-01-01, 01:00   Link #19
KoreanKid11

hey guys, i love wat you guys are doin
once this guide is finished, SOOOOO many ppl will be happy
id like to try to help, but im not sure how much help i cud be
KoreanKid11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-25, 04:40   Link #20
Paladinoras
Pancakes

So just checking up with you guys... How is the project doing?