AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-13, 07:07   Link #21
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Nice to see some bit of drama mixed in with comedy.

Also, I'm actually glad they toned down the physical Taiga violence at least for this ep. Because it just won't make much sense if she kept at it while feeling humiliated, embarrassed, etc. Also, her tsundere-ness is off the charts and well into cliche territory. No need to pile it on.
Old 2008-11-13, 07:08   Link #22
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Eh, eh? No one deemed to point out that, yet again, Kitamura is the CENTER of the attention of the females of the class?
Old 2008-11-13, 07:10   Link #23
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Eh, eh? No one deemed to point out that, yet again, Kitamura is the CENTER of the attention of the females of the class?
"I don't even have glasses."
Old 2008-11-13, 07:28   Link #24
Eczema
Ah! Pretty Shining Love!

Excellent ep. I'm loving this show more and more. Looks like maybe a baseball episode next? Haruhi and Clannad got one, so I guess now it's Toradora's turn.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:04   Link #25
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
Really now, he reminds me of my friend, who is actually popular with girls. While I am kind of related to Ryuuji's case, where people think I'm a delinquent because of my eyes.
This episode lack something for me. The progress between Taiga and Ryuuji from the episode two was stucked. I thought the first scene would made some "jealousy" from Taiga. But only to find more disappointment that she has no reaction at all.
Come on, it's already 7th episode... And I think this series is only scheduled for 12-13 episodes.(not presuming a second season). She's still crazy with Kitamura.
Don't curse me guys but I just think a development should progress. The episode two gave a big progress. But after each episode, it's getting smaller.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:07   Link #26
Sides

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Come on, it's already 7th episode... And I think this series is only scheduled for 12-13 episodes.(not presuming a second season). She's still crazy with Kitamura.
Don't curse me guys but I just think a development should progress. The episode two gave a big progress. But after each episode, it's getting smaller.
Eh? I thought it was confirmed that it will have 2x12 episodes.
Old 2008-11-13, 08:12   Link #27
Haru~
My Lovely Bunny Chie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sides View Post
Eh? I thought it was confirmed that it will have 2x12 episodes.
Really now? I thought it's 12-13. Maybe I presumed it because it's the same studio as Zero no Tsukaima which chopped it to three seasons (12 episodes each). Can I have the source?
Old 2008-11-13, 08:53   Link #28
typhonsentra

Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-13, 09:05   Link #29
Molenir

What a great episode! Toradora continues to amaze with how good it is. I loved Minorin's exercise routine in this episode. The teacher was great too.

Spoiler for :

Can't wait for the next episode!
Old 2008-11-13, 10:34   Link #30
d3ad3r

Quote:
Originally Posted by rave_master16 View Post
Really now? I thought it's 12-13. Maybe I presumed it because it's the same studio as Zero no Tsukaima which chopped it to three seasons (12 episodes each). Can I have the source?
http://anidb.net/perl-bin/animedb.pl...anime&aid=5909 - Here it says that it has 25 episodes, which I'm also hoping for since 12 episodes would be too little for the development between the characters and I'm not really a fan of series being split in 2 or more seasons of 12-13 episodes each.

About the episode, enjoyed it. Especially Taiga's expressions and the part with the pad in the pool.
Old 2008-11-13, 11:54   Link #31
typhonsentra

I dunno, I prefer shorter, more frequently produced seasons. Besides giving extra time to the authors it also gives the show writers fewer opportunities to fiddle with the source material.
Old 2008-11-13, 12:53   Link #32
Kinny Riddle
Gone for Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
Didn't see any reason to spoiler that quote ...
but what you're noticing is one of the fundamental differences because of the source material. One is created from an eroge game (though Key products tend to be leaps and bounds better than the average eroge game in terms of story production). The other is created from an actual story - a light novel series. Material created from manga and light novels are able to create ensemble casts that mesh and do not have to worry about "stitching routes" together. Toradora! comes from a light novel series and a manga series.

That isn't to say great anime adaptations can't come from eroge, I have a few in my archive ... but it requires an anime production staff with the writing skills to pull off the "stitching": something more the exception than the usual.
For the last time, Clannad is no eroge, which is rare for Key. (Though there'll be legions of Kyou fans that wished it was for that warehouse scene. )

Anyway, the tension between Taiga and Ryuji that was central to this arc was de-emphasized significantly, not sure if that's a good or bad thing. Will have to see next episode to find out.

Not only is Ami the ingredient that enlivens the cast, she's also the one that causes sever jaw pain as they tend to drop too many times at the sight of her in her swimsuit.

Tanaka Rie shows she can still do psycho ladies as the stressed-out single 29-year-old homeroom teacher.
Old 2008-11-13, 13:01   Link #33
Caster13
=^_^=

Man, I loved this episode! And not so much for the comedy, but the drama and character development. I see quite a few of you are saying this episode lacks in character development and progression but I think this episode is just full of it--it's just very subtle.

Spoiler for Cut for long windedness and image:
Old 2008-11-13, 13:40   Link #34
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinny Riddle View Post
For the last time, Clannad is no eroge, which is rare for Key. (Though there'll be legions of Kyou fans that wished it was for that warehouse scene. )
Hmmm, actually I was thinking of Kanon - but I consider any "visual choose-the-path novel game" an 'eroge' simply because it has romance in it.

@general conversation:
I noticed the same sorts of subtle differences between Taiga and Ryuuji that Caster13 points out, so I think the tension is there ... but its very very subtle (kind of like Canvas 2 subtle in that it took me a few viewings of that series to see what the defenders were spotting). Perhaps that was because I was watching the raw (which seems to heighten my sense of the vocal emoting and facial expressions).
Old 2008-11-13, 15:13   Link #35
Tiran86

Great episode as usual. I'm torn between wanting a faithful adaption of the series and liking the changes they've made to the source material. Ah well, its enertaining as usual so I'm fine with it either way. And Baka-tsuki has started updating regularly so thats good too.
Old 2008-11-13, 15:49   Link #36
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

lol seriously what the hell is up with that bird?!!

all in all a good ep, some great moments like the KO with the broom
Old 2008-11-13, 16:08   Link #37
ani_d

I always have this impression that Inko-chan will die anytime He's got to be the funniest creature in this show.

Nice episode. To think that Taiga let Ryuuji do her breast pad. That was cute but at the same time really awkward. Ryuuji deserves a medal. ^.^
Old 2008-11-13, 17:16   Link #38
aahhsin

Quote:
Originally Posted by ani_d View Post
I always have this impression that Inko-chan will die anytime He's got to be the funniest creature in this show.

Nice episode. To think that Taiga let Ryuuji do her breast pad. That was cute but at the same time really awkward. Ryuuji deserves a medal. ^.^
Are you serious? That bird is incredibly stupid, you can take it out of the show and nobody will care. The bird is annoying and doesn't do anything for any of the characters even Ryuuji.
Old 2008-11-13, 17:22   Link #39
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Except that he's a part of the story and a third of Ryuuji's family and you're reaching a bit to assert "nobody will care". YOU might not care

No dispute that he's quite bizarre though... the anime seems to just use him as a scene breaker except for that one "Taiga meets the bird" scene where she expresses what the viewers probably think.
Old 2008-11-13, 17:30   Link #40
Molenir

That bird is one thing I've been wondering about. I mean you look at the manga, and the bird isn't nearly that weird, but here in the anime... Someone please, put it out of its misery!
Closed Thread