AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime > Fansub Groups

Notices

Old 2008-12-05, 03:02   Link #481
krazywrath

ohh, alright! Thanks! i'll try that out!
krazywrath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 11:34   Link #482
vDrag0n

Hi everyone i just started using After effects today and so far i understand it quite well but i still have a bunch of questions which i cant find a solution to.

First question would be how to apply plugins/templates to syllables instead of the whole sentence. I got it done the first time i played around with After Effects and ever since then i couldnt do it again. I tried every method i could think of (overlay/add/substraction etc. , it always affects the whole sentence instead of syl) I'm using shinji's ssa to after effects loader by the way. Another question would be a fade effect and some "smokey" appearance, i read in this Thread that i have to animate opacity is there also a way to move the letters while fading?

1 more question i just remembered would be the overlay/exporting. After i export the Video and try to overlay it with another video, the main video suffers brightness badly. I'm using this script
Quote:
clip1 = AviSource("D:/Videos/Video1.avi")
clip2 = AviSource("D:/Videos/Video2.avi")
Overlay(clip1, clip2, mode="blend", opacity=0.5)
yes i do realise its the blend but the script posted on page 2 kind of confused me because it had so many trim and what not commands which i dont need since both videos match (the subtitle video and the video i want them on). Maybe i should try to create the Video straight from AFX instead of overlaying? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for everyone who help's!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_tjerk View Post
1) It comes with after effects.. (Effect -> Generate -> Vegas)

2) this aep might help you a bit to understand what you have to do.
Thanks alot for that sample, it helped me understand a great deal of AFX (since i was pretty clueless at the start)!
vDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 17:18   Link #483
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

Quote:
Originally Posted by vDrag0n View Post
1 more question i just remembered would be the overlay/exporting. After i export the Video and try to overlay it with another video, the main video suffers brightness badly. I'm using this script

yes i do realise its the blend but the script posted on page 2 kind of confused me because it had so many trim and what not commands which i dont need since both videos match (the subtitle video and the video i want them on). Maybe i should try to create the Video straight from AFX instead of overlaying? Any suggestions?
try
Code:
Overlay(clip1, clip2, mask=clip1.showalpha())
see also http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 18:29   Link #484
vDrag0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFluff View Post
try
Code:
Overlay(clip1, clip2, mask=clip1.showalpha())
see also http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48608
thanks i will have to experiment some more with it.

edit: its giving me a RGB32 error but i guess i know how to fix that.
vDrag0n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-10, 22:00   Link #485
TheFluff
Excessively jovial fellow

if it does that then the clip you're trying to overlay isn't rgb32 and hence lacks the alpha (opacity) mask information that is needed to do the overlaying properly, alternatively your decoder is converting to some other colorspace

in either case it won't work; in the former case you need to change your afx export settings, in the latter case you need to adjust your decoder settings
17:43:13 <~deculture> Also, TheFluff, you are so fucking slowpoke.jpg that people think we dropped the DVD's.
17:43:16 <~deculture> nice job, fag!

01:04:41 < Plorkyeran> it was annoying to typeset so it should be annoying to read
TheFluff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 16:58   Link #486
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Send a message via MSN to Zwill
Hi!

I just started making karaoke effects with After Effects and I have a few problems.

First I'd like to know that, how do you make those syl scattering effects. I just can't figure it out ^^'
And one more thing, that I'm clueless with: I've got a pretty much accurate ssa {\k} timeing, but after I render the video, at one point it goes out os sync... It's pretty much annoying, hope you can help me with it.

http://www.4shared.com/file/76602969...ing_final.html
Here's the video, when it reaches ORANGE-iro, it goes out of synch for a second, but after a second it synchronizes. I also wanna apply the syl scattering effect on this karaoke, before and after the line starts.

Thanks and sorry for my engrish^^
Zwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 18:39   Link #487
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

I don't know what script you use to import .ass/.ssa into after effects.. but do you mind sharing that one timed line? (saves me a lot of guessing)

Also.. for the shatter effect you might wanna look into the "shatter effect" (comes with AE), "Trapcode Flow" (Awesome plugin..) and "Trapcode Particular" (both free trials iirc). I've worked with that latter one to do syllable based explosions.. (see this kara for example.. a simple example project file is available here and this is the example .aep shinjipierre once gave me)

But since you want the whole line, I suggest you look into Trapcode Flow, or use something like a turbulent field instead of a sphere for Particular. (Unfortunately, Trapcode-People is dead, they had some nice examples of Trapcode Form and Particular there that you could use for inspiration..)

EDIT:
Fixed the links

Last edited by dj_tjerk; 2008-12-19 at 06:58.
dj_tjerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-18, 19:04   Link #488
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

I use shinjipierres import script.
Sure here's the timing
Quote:
{\k53}{\k32}O{\k27}RA{\k27}N{\k30}GE{\k29}-i{\k108}ro{\k61} ni{\k32} ka{\k28}wa{\k83}ru
I'm getting a strong feeling that it's supposed to look more like this:
Quote:
{\k53}{\k32}O{\k27}RA{\k27}N{\k30}GE{\k29}-i{\k108}ro {\k61}ni {\k32}ka{\k28}wa{\k83}ru
I like that explosive effect, and I could imagine it in this kara too, so I'd give it a try, but for for some reason your project file links are dead... at least for me.
Old 2008-12-18, 19:37   Link #489

you'd need this

use shinji's script fixedlength control to create disperse, fractal and rgba maps, and use them to create the effect above, an example is given on trapcode's homepage
50119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-19, 06:59   Link #490
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Fixed the links; Also.. do you have any other lines that start with an empty syllable? I suggest you just shift the start time of the line 53 centiseconds forward, and remove the first empty syllable.... That might solve your problem.
Old 2008-12-19, 09:40   Link #491
Zwill
Young Padawan
*Fansubber

Thanks this is really useful stuff. I didn't have more and I fixed this one too, so the timing is "perfect" now. Dunno why I fucked up with the spaceing ^^'

Anyways thanks for the help, I'll try these Trapcode plugins.
Old 2008-12-20, 13:45   Link #492
naruto+4s

For some reason after I overlay the kara, it becomes out of sync and kinda slow. Can someone help?
naruto+4s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-12-20, 14:41   Link #493
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Overlay works framebased, so if you made your kara in AE at a different framerate, then yes, it will go out of sync. Also, check for VFR.
Old 2008-12-20, 15:17   Link #494
naruto+4s

Quote:
Overlay works framebased, so if you made your kara in AE at a different framerate, then yes, it will go out of sync. Also, check for VFR.
About 5 minutes late, I thought about that like 10 minutes ago and it worked but thank you for answering the question.
Old 2008-12-23, 15:46   Link #495
naruto+4s

I was wondering if it's possible to apply trapcode form into karaoke?
Old 2008-12-23, 16:30   Link #496
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

You can apply everything, just be careful that you don't take it over the top... Also, form might be a little hard for syllable effects (you might end up using layer per syllable) but it's definitely possible for line effects.. See this for example (source). (Note.. you have to precomp your text layers to get it to work.. iirc)
Old 2008-12-23, 17:24   Link #497
naruto+4s

Quote:
You can apply everything, just be careful that you don't take it over the top... Also, form might be a little hard for syllable effects (you might end up using layer per syllable) but it's definitely possible for line effects.. See this for example (source). (Note.. you have to precomp your text layers to get it to work.. iirc)
I thought it was only for audio, it's a bit different from particular so I'm having a little trouble applying it
Old 2009-01-02, 11:24   Link #498
Rakid

Hi guys

When I want to run SSA to after effects loader.v0.81 .. an error appears to me ..

I tried to run the same script in my friend's computer .. and everything alright

So please. .. can u tell me how to solve this problem?

thanx
Rakid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-02, 14:00   Link #499
dj_tjerk
Ana-chan~

Are there any lines that have empty syllables at the start/end?
Old 2009-01-02, 14:29   Link #500
Rakid

There is no empty syl at the start or end of the line

I have put one line in .ass file ..

{\k20}ba{\k23}{\k28}ni{\k17}{\k27}ra{\k35} {\k28}so{\k14} {\k39}ru{\k0}{\k26}to{\k0} {\k32}de{\k52} {\k25}ba{\k18}{\k30}ni{\k14}{\k32}ra

Because i tried several times .. and so I tried one line only .. and the problem still appearing ><

any solution?

Thanx any way ^^
Rakid is offline   Reply With Quote