AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-12, 11:17   Link #141
Natsumeyashi Meiyo
. : メイヨ : .

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
Trying to get into irc

Just got home from work!
Natsumeyashi Meiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:37   Link #142
kcl822
Queen of the Underworld
*Fansubber

Send a message via AIM to kcl822
Thanks to those that tuned in! Will try to put the torrents up asap, but give us some time to sort everything out.
Old 2009-12-12, 13:48   Link #143
GipFace

It's a miracle! No repeats!

But yeah, had a great time, everyone was so nice and sounded great, too~ Yay yay~ Hopefully there's another one next season.
GipFace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 13:57   Link #144
Natsumeyashi Meiyo

Send a message via AIM to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via MSN to Natsumeyashi Meiyo Send a message via Yahoo to Natsumeyashi Meiyo
't was absolutely lovely. So sad I missed the non-competing entries.

Thanks for participating everyone! And thanks kcl for hosting and stuffs and shadowfox too.

So, where are those logs? :P
Old 2009-12-12, 14:08   Link #145
Poetic Justice
100Shots100Hits LuluLaLu

It was great fun that's for sure, Hope we can do it again some time.
Poetic Justice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:23   Link #146
GipFace

Non-competition: http://animesuki.pastebin.com/m3bb22e2e
Competition: http://animesuki.pastebin.com/m5d912bea

Last edited by GipFace; 2009-12-12 at 14:26. Reason: Oops missed a bit~
Old 2009-12-12, 14:33   Link #147
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Ok, working on the files (aka making some id3 tags and stuff) prepping the torrent and co will have it up and running in a couple of hours~

#animesuki @ irc.synirc.net
SCHADOWFOX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:46   Link #148
Cz
Needs more sleep~

Thanks kcl822 and schadowfox for organizing the karacomp and handling all the logistics. Thanks to GipFace for sharing the IRC logs.

And most of all, thanks to everyone who participated and made it a success. The songs I heard were all great. It's gonna be a hard choice when it comes to the voting.

Spoiler for Meiyo:
Cz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 14:48   Link #149
Natsumeyashi Meiyo

Thanks for the logs!

And thanks for the nice comments everyone <3

(on a side note: anyone here visited my website and started downloading my songs like mad? I got 24 emails from box.net saying my songs got downloaded, lol)

Spoiler for Cz:

Last edited by Natsumeyashi Meiyo; 2009-12-12 at 14:57. Reason: grammar D:
Old 2009-12-12, 15:56   Link #150
Mysticmidnightmaiden
is Ultra Relaxed

Send a message via AIM to Mysticmidnightmaiden
ffff LOGS. Holy crap, guys, thanks for all the awesome comments! I'm glad my energy reached you all. Heh heh, I kinda took it a bit too far with my non-comps, tho... (I feel like a shounen protagonist. All power, no control... orz)

Lol, I pretty much did record in a closet. Since I don't have a good pair of headphones anymore, I had to record the song playing through the computer speakers while I sang. I added another track of the karaoke, but I had to lower it significantly. Any louder would clip the track even more significantly than my singing already did, lol.
Mysticmidnightmaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:34   Link #151
Chibi Nasu
Katsu~n wa Hyoutei

Send a message via AIM to Chibi Nasu Send a message via MSN to Chibi Nasu Send a message via Yahoo to Chibi Nasu
Everyone did great! I had so much fun this morning listening to everything.
Chibi Nasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:38   Link #152
Kazuke
Dreamcatcher

Send a message via MSN to Kazuke
Thank you so much for the competition this year! I had a very good time here with Fuyu and all of you.
Yeah, I'm that KazU aka Kazuke and I finally got registered here, so I thougth I should come say hello!
Really amazing job everyone and thanks to kcl, this was possible again. ^^
Now I shall start waiting for those voting results...
Kazuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 17:57   Link #153
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Thanks for the logs and comments! ^^ I'm glad people liked my voice. Since it's a well-known song, I wanted to try to be a bit more unique so I was trying to sing it as how Misuzu-chan would sing it...I don't know how close I got to that...but it was pretty difficult. Hopefully nobody went into a diabetic coma....
Old 2009-12-12, 18:37   Link #154
Kaetemi
Kaetemi
*Artist

Send a message via MSN to Kaetemi
Quite a bit of nice stuff.
Old 2009-12-14, 09:25   Link #155
Hourai Rabbit
Blissfully Ignorant

Just had a chance to look over the logs and I was pleasantly surprised by the spread of different stuff we got, including a sprinkling of JAM Project! I originally wanted to do a JAM Project song but then decided against it as I was straining to sing the high notes and because their songs tend to work better as group efforts if you ask me. Some interesting commentary all around, though. I hope you all aren't too put off by the fact that I chose a song from SEED XD. Stargazer was okay, I promise! I didn't like SEED Destiny either!

Given the comments about the other performances it looks like I'm going to have a lot to live up to in any case. Thank you very much for hosting the comp and I do hope we get to do another one next year.
Old 2009-12-14, 10:14   Link #156
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Send a message via ICQ to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via AIM to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via MSN to SCHADOWFOX Send a message via Yahoo to SCHADOWFOX
Hmm, I just checked the recording and it seems it will take a bit longer to get the torrent ready , as I need to cut the tracks into single mp3s (I don't like big files) besides when were listening to it in our car we may want to skip a track or two right? :-)

so please bear with me for a couple of days

Old 2009-12-14, 14:57   Link #157
Valkyriesphere
Asgardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCHADOWFOX View Post
Hmm, I just checked the recording and it seems it will take a bit longer to get the torrent ready , as I need to cut the tracks into single mp3s (I don't like big files) besides when were listening to it in our car we may want to skip a track or two right? :-)

so please bear with me for a couple of days
If I may propose an alternative method, how about cutting out Kcl's intro/comments from the broadcast then put them in between the originally submitted files, so as to retain the quality of the tracks out of mp3 compression. Of course, the drawback is that the tracks won't have the same volume level.. and it might also be troublesome to do the transfer of the original files from Kcl to you (unless you have access to the email account where people submit the tracks to)... Well anyway, it's your call to choose which method is the best one. Thanks for doing the virtuous job of publishing the recorded broadcast, Schadowfox! x)

Btw I felt really astonished when reading the logs, whew, thanks a whole lot everyone for all the nice comments for my entry! I thought that maybe I should've rerecorded my entry since I strayed out of pitch at times (when I thought I didn't while recording it)... Oh well, I'm extremely glad that you guys enjoy it so anyway! Definitely made my day after all the stressful exams in the past weeks.

I gotta say, I reaally enjoyed the thrill of listening to all the awesome entries this year, you guys are great! Some songs are already my favorite anime tunes, and many others are starting to get to be. I really look forward to listen to all the entries all over again!

Dang, the voting will definitely be a tough task.. ^^;
Valkyriesphere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 15:01   Link #158
SCHADOWFOX
#AnimeSuki - ChanOp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyriesphere View Post
If I may propose an alternative method, how about cutting out Kcl's intro/comments from the broadcast then put them in between the originally submitted files, so as to retain the quality of the tracks out of mp3 compression. Of course, the drawback is that the tracks won't have the same volume level.. and it might also be troublesome to do the transfer of the original files from Kcl to you (unless you have access to the email account where people submit the tracks to)... Well anyway, it's your call to choose which method is the best one. Thanks for doing the virtuous job of publishing the recorded broadcast, Schadowfox! x)

Btw I felt really astonished when reading the logs, whew, thanks a whole lot everyone for all the nice comments for my entry! I thought that maybe I should've rerecorded my entry since I strayed out of pitch at times (when I thought I didn't while recording it)... Oh well, I'm extremely glad that you guys enjoy it so anyway! Definitely made my day after all the stressful exams in the past weeks.

I gotta say, I reaally enjoyed the thrill of listening to all the awesome entries this year, you guys are great! Some songs are already my favorite anime tunes, and many others are starting to get to be. I really look forward to listen to all the entries all over again!

Dang, the voting will definitely be a tough task.. ^^;
thats what I'm doing

but to find the cuts and stuff will take some time, also ordering every entry right fixing the id3tags + adjusting the volume to 1 level
(though I got only limited time to work on it too~)

Last edited by SCHADOWFOX; 2009-12-14 at 18:29.
Old 2009-12-15, 23:12   Link #159
GipFace

Just had a chance to look over the logs and I was pleasantly surprised by the spread of different stuff we got
I'd say this season's mix was very good (because of no repeats), but there were still some holes. Techno/electronica/dance was nowhere to be heard, although they have never been popular picks in the first place. Aside from MMM, I didn't hear too much uptempo material, either. I'll probably lean toward something faster and synthesized next competition because vibrato is actually bad there. Masking your weaknesses is a good idea, maybe. Heh heh~

Now for a technical comment, since we eventually have to rate these. On the male singer side, only Fome and I sang at the tenor range, which was disappointing. Normally I wouldn't be griping, but this is in contrast to at least twelve males who sang down. In my first competition, I sang one octave down, realized how awful it sounded, and swore never to sing down again. If I can do it, others can, too, and if it's still too high, there are thousands of other songs out there. That's why it's really tough for me to rate someone who sings in a different octave.

My god, I expected the veterans to do well, but they thoroughly and completely rocked this competition. (I have at least five 10s in my preliminary ratings) Vocals keep getting better and better and the equipment is keeping up as well. To any newcomers who might have been intimidated: don't give up! They're only good because they've done this for a looooooooong time. =p

Can't wait for the torrent!
Old 2009-12-16, 02:38   Link #160
mpeters13

Quote:
Originally Posted by GipFace View Post
[i]
Now for a technical comment, since we eventually have to rate these. On the male singer side, only Fome and I sang at the tenor range, which was disappointing. Normally I wouldn't be griping, but this is in contrast to at least twelve males who sang down. In my first competition, I sang one octave down, realized how awful it sounded, and swore never to sing down again. If I can do it, others can, too, and if it's still too high, there are thousands of other songs out there. That's why it's really tough for me to rate someone who sings in a different octave.
I'm a tenor, but I always get sick around the same time of year. Also, I can't find any decent male songs in my range (that I like). It really is tough to oblige. My noncompeting was hard enough. I didn't have a voice left for my actual entry. If there is a next year, I'll try harder.
mpeters13 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
karaoke competition