AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2004-09-09, 23:57   Link #1
Forestwalker

Naruto Losing Control?[Manga]

Is it me, or has Naruto been losing control of Kyuubi?
So far, in this arc, Naruto has been using Kyuubi's chakra a lot more then usual-in its uncontrolled state he has used against Kimmaro, and Sasuke. I think this arc's "theme" has been about consquences of actions-i.e Sasuke's actions, Choji's descision to take the pills, Neji's descision to not avoid the attack, Shika's descision to fight the Sound nins-one-on-one etc....

I think in this fight, now that Sasuke has the three "dots", once Sasuke has gone level 2 curse seal, that Naruto will draw too much of Kyuubi's power, and Kyuubi will take over him, possibly leading to the death of Kakakasi(damm my spelling), and a severe beating(clawing, eating) of Sasuke(leaving Sasuke with a few scars, maybe claw marks) at the hands of Naruto. Where the manga goes from there I will not guess.

BTW-it seems like from the inital reports of people who have the Raw, this might be happening now...
Forestwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 00:02   Link #2
ChronoReverse

Could very well be true... if only that fragment from 230 gets translated we'd know =/
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:44   Link #3
Dauthi
Searching for the Cure

I dont think so.. in the current arc he seems to have no problems what so ever controlling the kyuubi. Especially if you compare it to the fight with Haku. He has the kyuubi eyes etc, yet has a calm mind and full control of himself.
Dauthi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 01:57   Link #4
yinstro

yea at this point his kyuubi seems not to make him angry or even berserk in teh classical sense, even in teh begining, when he first called kyuubi it was with tears which isnt exactly raging anger. Though it is possible for him to begin to lose control. it is implied that he can somehow unseal kyuubi. But i doubt he would kill kakashi.
yinstro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 09:26   Link #5
dnmt

He starts losing it in chapter 230, it seems. Naruto glows with chakra in the Kyuubi's shape. Also, his teeth grow longer.
dnmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 10:22   Link #6
realdeal
The Real Deal

If sasuke could land a blow on naruto now, I doubt their still anywhere the level of kakashi to be able to kill him. Kakashi had the same eyes as sasuke for much longer and I have no doubt he is much faster than sasuke too.

Im also thinking naruto really should just summon gama to end this fight now...
realdeal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 10:47   Link #7
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by realdeal
If sasuke could land a blow on naruto now, I doubt their still anywhere the level of kakashi to be able to kill him. Kakashi had the same eyes as sasuke for much longer and I have no doubt he is much faster than sasuke too.

Im also thinking naruto really should just summon gama to end this fight now...
Kakashi has the same EYE. I would hope two would be better then one.
Verrik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 10:54   Link #8
Kadius
Lemon Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Kadius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Verrik
Kakashi has the same EYE. I would hope two would be better then one.
I believe what he's saying here is that Sasuke might not know how to use that level or sharingan yet. He has the eyes, but he can't use the techniques because he hasn't learned them yet.

OT thought: Can you copy a sharingan technique?
Kadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 11:01   Link #9
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Send a message via AIM to Verrik Send a message via MSN to Verrik Send a message via Yahoo to Verrik
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kadius
I believe what he's saying here is that Sasuke might not know how to use that level or sharingan yet. He has the eyes, but he can't use the techniques because he hasn't learned them yet.

OT thought: Can you copy a sharingan technique?
I agree that Kakashi can use his one better because of experience, I was just stating the fact that two are better then one because of the way his sentence sounded.
Old 2004-09-10, 11:46   Link #10
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
I think Sasuke's eyes are better. Not only is he an Uchiha of a talented line (e.g. Itachi) he has two eyes, not one. Therefore, I would think his ability to detect speed and see things is better at this point than Kakashi. Having said that, I doubt he knows any sharingan genjutsu yet.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 11:54   Link #11
Verrik
Destroyer of Dreams

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genei Killua
I think Sasuke's eyes are better. Not only is he an Uchiha of a talented line (e.g. Itachi) he has two eyes, not one. Therefore, I would think his ability to detect speed and see things is better at this point than Kakashi. Having said that, I doubt he knows any sharingan genjutsu yet.
Thats exactly what I was trying to say. As far as him knowing any sharingan genjutsu I would doubt it seeing as how he just got the ability to...
Old 2004-09-10, 12:02   Link #12
Genei Killua
Mashou no Tenshi

Send a message via AIM to Genei Killua
Naruto not only glowed with the chakra of the nine tails and grew larger fangs-- we can see a huge amount of smoke coming from his seal region. So, this would sorta suggest that it is starting to come undone, or at least something funky is happening with the very seal that holds the Nine Tails in.
Genei Killua is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 12:16   Link #13
Nubixkube

I think the reason why the Nine Tails demon is giving him his chakra is an attempt to break the seal.
Nubixkube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 12:50   Link #14
Tatay
Aj, is there any1 better?

Send a message via ICQ to Tatay
Hey, can the seal get broken? Remember from the zabuza ark that kakashi said something like this "Has the seal got broken? No"
When he gets kyuubi-naruto the seal hasn't gone broke right? When kakashi said that naruto were already kyuubi-naruto. So it seems the seal can get broken?
Dont know really, kinda confused
sorry for the bad english
Tatay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:10   Link #15
xavier8200

Well i dont know if the seal is going to break and if it does that wont happen until one of the very last arcs in the anime. Naruto vs. Kyuubi! LOL

As far as naruto losing himself to Kyuubi I think that he has gained a better control of the kyuubi from the last chapter when he was having a conversation with Sasuke, we even saw it in the Neiji fight. Next chapter we will see if Naruto still has control. I would venture to say yes, because each time naruto goes Kyuubi he has gotten more control. (Remember the Naruto vs. Kimmimaro mini fight?)
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 17:40   Link #16
Will
Toebeard the Pirate

Send a message via AIM to Will Send a message via MSN to Will
I seem to remember seeing/hearing somewhere in the series (possibly something Jiraiya said) that the seal is designed to let out Kyuubi's chakra gradually so it can merge with Naruto's. This is the reason for Naruto's rapid growth in power and, as such, I think an angsty internal battle is likely to be on the cards for Naruto in the future. The thing about the Kyuubi trying to escape is also a possibility, but also remember that if Naruto dies, so does Kyuubi (as seen in the manga when Kyuubi says something about it getting dark when Naruto is injured).

Anyways, we shall see. I'm going to wait for the translation before I D/L chapter 230.
Will is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 20:18   Link #17
Kadius
Lemon Merchant

Send a message via AIM to Kadius
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatay
Hey, can the seal get broken? Remember from the zabuza ark that kakashi said something like this "Has the seal got broken? No"
When he gets kyuubi-naruto the seal hasn't gone broke right? When kakashi said that naruto were already kyuubi-naruto. So it seems the seal can get broken?
Dont know really, kinda confused
sorry for the bad english
Well, I remember the 3rd Hokage saying it was possible but the chances where "one in a million."
Kadius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:28   Link #18
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Actually, Kyuubi says "You had better be grateful for me helping you like this, kid. and thankful to the 4th for sealing me in you." Or something like that. I'm not good with translations. Kyuubi has almost FULLY taken over Naruto's body at this point. He isn't Naruto, anymore.
MidoriShinobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 21:37   Link #19
xavier8200

Quote:
Originally Posted by MidoriShinobi
Actually, Kyuubi says "You had better be grateful for me helping you like this, kid. and thankful to the 4th for sealing me in you." Or something like that. I'm not good with translations. Kyuubi has almost FULLY taken over Naruto's body at this point. He isn't Naruto, anymore.
we will see if Naruto is still in control next episode. It will probably be the same, Kyuubi intializes the power up and naruto is in control. Sort of like what happened after sasuke punctured Naruto's lung
xavier8200 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-10, 22:28   Link #20
Zek
Eyebrows...

Quote:
Originally Posted by xavier8200
we will see if Naruto is still in control next episode. It will probably be the same, Kyuubi intializes the power up and naruto is in control. Sort of like what happened after sasuke punctured Naruto's lung
The difference now is that Naruto has acknowledged the diplomatic breakdown and no longer seems intent on persuading Sasuke; in other words, he's going all out now. He's done crying, being sentimental and trying to snap Sasuke out of it. It's easy to imagine that he could lose control more easily when he's just fighting out of rage(like against Haku) as opposed to with an objective(like earlier). Also, this is the most extreme instance of his Kyuubification yet, breaking the record he set all of 2 chapters ago...
Zek is offline   Reply With Quote