Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2007-11-29, 23:18   Link #1
onehp
Banned

Osu: small clicking music game

Download game
When I executed this file on my Windows XP desktop, it put all of its files in my Firefox directory. It did not ask which directory to put all of its files on. So I put the ".exe" file in a desired folder and when installed it put all of its files in the desired folder.
Download beatmaps
FAQ

This is a simple but addicting and hard game that instead of pressing keys at an exact time while a background music plays, you click. The beatmaps are like stages and each beatmap has its own difficulty, music, and background image or animation. There are a huge assortment of beatmaps you can download. Some beatmaps I found are:

"Still Alive" from Portal
"Hare Hare Yukai" from Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya ("the dance is there too")
A modernized Beethoven music

Last edited by onehp; 2007-11-30 at 00:33.
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 18:54   Link #2
Archuka
A territory most absolute

Oh this is excellent! A very nice find! Thank you
Archuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-01, 19:03   Link #3
jedinat

I tried installing it... and the little installer/updater window comes up, then an IE "this page cannot be displayed" window comes up. And the installer does nothing; it's just a white box with a grayed out "checking for updates" near the bottom, the progress bar empty.

I installed it another way... looks kinda fun, but hard.

Last edited by jedinat; 2007-12-01 at 19:22.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 16:41   Link #4
onehp
Banned

My Miku beatmap
For Windows XP, it will look weird if you are not logged

You can edit and create your own beatmaps in game. Click "Edit Beatmaps" and to submit it online, while editing beatmaps, go to "File" and there will be a "submit online" option. Here is a tutorial from the creator of Osu, peppy

Last edited by onehp; 2007-12-02 at 17:39.
onehp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-02, 20:13   Link #5
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Great find!
I personally made my own beatmap of Europhic Field... but uploading seems to be taking forever.
Old 2007-12-03, 23:39   Link #6
Fruitfly

Isn't this a DS game?
I remember playing it on my friend's DS but I can't remember the name of the game.

The game won't let me play because my video card sucks or something (I have an geforce mx 440 lol) I can play world of warcraft but not a clicking game geeze. It looked like fun.
Fruitfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-04, 02:22   Link #7
MaxwellDemon
"Bi?!" BI?!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Isn't this a DS game?
I remember playing it on my friend's DS but I can't remember the name of the game.

The game won't let me play because my video card sucks or something (I have an geforce mx 440 lol) I can play world of warcraft but not a clicking game geeze. It looked like fun.
That's strange? You sure your issue isn't on the the FAQ?
Old 2007-12-06, 21:31   Link #8
U<3Anime
Boo!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fruitfly View Post
Isn't this a DS game?

This game is basically a clone of the DS game that you were talking about. The japanese version is called Ouendan and the NA version is called Elite Beat Agents
Old 2010-08-07, 16:01   Link #9
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Ah yes there's a thread for this. I'm broadcasting right now over Xfire/livestream

WATCH IT
Ota-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-08, 20:26   Link #10
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

Just picked this up and found it harder than Jam Legend, especially if the notes on the beatmaps are all over the place.

Current beatmaps: Don't Say Lazy, The Clear Blue Sky and Ladymade Star from DJMax Technika and Perfume's Dream Fighter.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 00:37   Link #11
karuroso

Well this game with mouse is really hard, probably using an iphone/ipad should be easier since this game was based for touch screen systems
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 03:08   Link #12
Renya

played this a year ago, broke my mouse while playing it though >.<
haven't touched it since but its a pretty fun game :P
Renya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-09, 03:16   Link #13
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Yeah the game can make people rage when you get a 100 in the last stream and costs you an SS
Old 2010-08-09, 03:32   Link #14
jedinat

Wow, old thread. This be a crappy music game. Even the original Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (DS) with stylus control isn't much fun imho. Nor the sequel or the English remake... it's just a crappy concept. I prefer my rhythm games to be more closely meshed with the music... like DJ Max where you're actually making the music.

Gameplay here feels tacked on. Gitaroo Man did something similar, but a lot better.
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-08-22, 05:27   Link #15
Ota-kun
v イイエイイエイイエ!!!v

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
Wow, old thread. This be a crappy music game. Even the original Osu! Tatakae! Ouendan (DS) with stylus control isn't much fun imho. Nor the sequel or the English remake... it's just a crappy concept. I prefer my rhythm games to be more closely meshed with the music... like DJ Max where you're actually making the music.

Gameplay here feels tacked on. Gitaroo Man did something similar, but a lot better.
I find that kind of contradictory. In DJMax all the music is pre-defined. If you were talking about the beats and everything I still find that contradictory. In Osu, you are able to make the maps. Set the beat sounds and everything. and with a little intuition edit everything out from the song and replace the beat sounds with the song parts, which unlike DJMax, everything is pre-defined and users can't make a chart or add a new song. Only up until Technika where Platinum members can make their own charts, but only with a limited number of songs.

I don't get what you're trying to go at but there's my 2 cents.