AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2004-09-27, 01:10   Link #81
Wali
Irate King

I doubt your rating is correct, there are many strong pirates, let's just do a quick count.

Luffy
Ace
White Beard
Shanks
Shanks 2 or 3 outstanding people although he probably has more as ROCKSTAR has a 94 mil bounty and is considered a weak member, a little fledgeling recruit.
Zoro
Sanji
Blackbeard
Blackbeards crue
ect

Now, considering there are 7 pirate gods (6 now), I think pirates are the top of the power scale right now. Considering there are probably tons stronger than the luff man and he's you know, probably equal to a pirate god.
Wali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 01:20   Link #82
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wali
I doubt your rating is correct, there are many strong pirates, let's just do a quick count.

Luffy
Ace
White Beard
Shanks
Shanks 2 or 3 outstanding people although he probably has more as ROCKSTAR has a 94 mil bounty and is considered a weak member, a little fledgeling recruit.
Zoro
Sanji
Blackbeard
Blackbeards crue
ect

Now, considering there are 7 pirate gods (6 now), I think pirates are the top of the power scale right now. Considering there are probably tons stronger than the luff man and he's you know, probably equal to a pirate god.
First of all Luffy is minuscle like a little bug, even putting togheter his entire crew they still are a bug to a Marine Grand Admiral. Now to a pirate god, i would rank him only even or a bit lower than say a person who was accepted for his intelligence and not his strength and the weakest person at that....

You can't understimate the Shichibukai and the Marine Grand Admrials.
UserName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 11:42   Link #83
Wali
Irate King

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
First of all Luffy is minuscle like a little bug, even putting togheter his entire crew they still are a bug to a Marine Grand Admiral. Now to a pirate god, i would rank him only even or a bit lower than say a person who was accepted for his intelligence and not his strength and the weakest person at that....

You can't understimate the Shichibukai and the Marine Grand Admrials.
Ugh, you shouldn't overestimate them. Shanks can fight evenly with Mihawk, and I'm betting his crew could handle around 2 other "pirate gods" minimum. Don't forget whitebeard and ace. I'm thinking there's a minimum of 5 other crews out there around there strength. I'm also thinking that nomatter what all devils fruit have an opposite fruit that goes against it, with the vast number of pirates, way more than there are powerful marines ect, it'd be easy for out of that group an equal of each Shikibuki guy to be found, and I'm sure whitebeard and ace are at least as strong as a Marine Grand Admiral. I'll figure shanks is too. There are what, 3-5 marine grand admirals? 3 I think. With such a low number you rate thier power too high.
Old 2004-09-27, 20:54   Link #84
UserName

Quote:
Ugh, you shouldn't overestimate them. Shanks can fight evenly with Mihawk, and I'm betting his crew could handle around 2 other "pirate gods" minimum. Don't forget whitebeard and ace. I'm thinking there's a minimum of 5 other crews out there around there strength. I'm also thinking that nomatter what all devils fruit have an opposite fruit that goes against it, with the vast number of pirates, way more than there are powerful marines ect, it'd be easy for out of that group an equal of each Shikibuki guy to be found, and I'm sure whitebeard and ace are at least as strong as a Marine Grand Admiral. I'll figure shanks is too. There are what, 3-5 marine grand admirals? 3 I think. With such a low number you rate thier power too high.
Shanks IMO can fight more than evenly with Mihawk. But is MIhawk the strongest shhichibukai? And can he beat say a Marine Grand Admiral?

Also is Shanks you're average pirate? No. he's one of the strongest.

The only one there that I would put on top is Whitebeard and Shanks compared to teh Shichibukai and Marine grand admirals. Ace also maybe. Blackbeard we don't know much about.

There are 3 marine grand admirals. How do I rate there power too high? You

You said Luffy is equal to a Shichibukai. He's not. You said there are tons stronger than Luffy. That isn't saying much. His entire crew is less than the power of a ONE Grand Admiral.
Old 2004-09-27, 22:12   Link #85
Draikan7

ok who are these 3 admirals? have they been mentioned in the series or only in the manga? and what about smoker? isn't he pretty strong? he put up quite a fight against ace...
Draikan7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 22:41   Link #86
Phantom Blade

actually the average marine and the average pirates are equal in strength. We see this in Logue TOwn when the Buggy Pirates fight the marines. The ones that deals any damage were the officers of the Buggy Pirates.

if the marines are so damn weak their base wouldve been overrun. Why would the Shichibukai want their bounties removed if the marines are so damn weak?
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-27, 22:47   Link #87
UserName

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draikan7
ok who are these 3 admirals? have they been mentioned in the series or only in the manga? and what about smoker? isn't he pretty strong? he put up quite a fight against ace...
1 has been mentioned and seen in the anime. The one that fell asleep after Morgan cut him. And the one we see training Coby and Helmeppo. The other is shown later on in the manga.
Old 2004-09-28, 05:47   Link #88
Yoska
フランキー

Quote:
Originally Posted by UserName
1 has been mentioned and seen in the anime. The one that fell asleep after Morgan cut him. And the one we see training Coby and Helmeppo. The other is shown later on in the manga.
That's Vice Admiral(Chuujou) Garp
Spoiler:

Although Garp could have been promoted.
Yoska is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 13:56   Link #89
Wali
Irate King

Ugh, if you think whitebeard and shanks are the only real powerful pirates than you need realise that the anime and manga have left a lot of stuff open, and that there have to be other pirates at or near the same level. I'm sure there's tons of pirates that are stronger than most of the pirates we've seen. Do you really think we've been informed of all the strong pirates? You're forgetting that there are probably pirates with elemental devil fruit powers out there. Which is the strongest class of devil fruit power. Once again, if there are say 5 pirates with elemental powers, then including whitebeard and shanks in the mix, the pirates as a group are stronger than those marine grand whatevers.

Now, someone asked why the marines aren't overrun if pirates are stronger. Well, do you think shanks and whitebeard want the marines gone? I'm thinking they don't care at all about the marines. Getting rid of 2 of the most powerful pirate groups, why would anyone else even try to get rid of the marines when they are a force to be reckoned with?

Now someone said buggy is the average pirate? Maybe in the weak ass blue sea, but around the grand line the average pirate is a guy like luffman.

Spoiler:
Old 2004-09-28, 20:25   Link #90
UserName

Quote:
Ugh, if you think whitebeard and shanks are the only real powerful pirates than you need realise that the anime and manga have left a lot of stuff open, and that there have to be other pirates at or near the same level. I'm sure there's tons of pirates that are stronger than most of the pirates we've seen. Do you really think we've been informed of all the strong pirates? You're forgetting that there are probably pirates with elemental devil fruit powers out there. Which is the strongest class of devil fruit power. Once again, if there are say 5 pirates with elemental powers, then including whitebeard and shanks in the mix, the pirates as a group are stronger than those marine grand whatevers.

Now, someone asked why the marines aren't overrun if pirates are stronger. Well, do you think shanks and whitebeard want the marines gone? I'm thinking they don't care at all about the marines. Getting rid of 2 of the most powerful pirate groups, why would anyone else even try to get rid of the marines when they are a force to be reckoned with?

Now someone said buggy is the average pirate? Maybe in the weak ass blue sea, but around the grand line the average pirate is a guy like luffman.

Spoiler:
Did I say they are the only real powerful ones? No. But they are most likley the strongest. Pirates as a group is larger. But that doesn't mean they're stronger. The Shichibukai's job is to deal with pirates while not having to bother with them themselves.(As we see Mihawk doing with Kreig...). So far the strongest person we've seen fight is a Marine Grand Admiral IMO. The others may be as strong or even stronger but we don't know their strength really.
Old 2004-09-28, 22:13   Link #91
Phantom Blade

the average pirate strong as luffy?? are u insane?

let's do the math....

Don Krieg's pirate for example:

the captain is only 1.... while the 500 other pirates in his crew are all weak...

maybe ure thinking the average pirate captain, and even ten luffy is a strong one. THats why ppl were still amazed when luffy said that his boutny was 30 mil. the average pirate is the ones that luffy and crew just throws around in their own boats. if the average pirate was strong as luffy then the marines would be completely run over. since there would be 5000000000000000000000000 luffys everywhere.
Phantom Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-09-28, 22:51   Link #92
Wali
Irate King

Yeah, guess I wrote that wrong. The average captian is usually around his bounty. IF I'm wrong on this, then there are still a lot of strong people as strong if not stronger than luffy, I'll probably go with 30 as the amount of people at his level (in the group of the pirates). And that's probably a lower estimate. This manga has far to go and I feel when they start getting close to the last Island we'll all learn a bit more, and the pirates will be much stronger than our current luffy.
Old 2006-01-19, 14:54   Link #93
Kyoto_Yaharo
Kyoto_Yaharo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Jinbei, the merman.

What's next? A unicorn?
well....maybe
Kyoto_Yaharo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-20, 20:49   Link #94
Phenomenal
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Phenomenal
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dranz
Shanks, part of the Shichibukai? That doesn't sound right at all to me.

For one thing, even if the Shichibukai basically go their own way and do their own things, they are still technically "Government Dogs". Shanks is a free spirit and doesn't come across as a guy who would let himself be controlled.

Also, he still has his crew. When you're one of the Shichibukai, you have to ditch your crew.
It is very possible that Shanks might become a member or is already a member.

Also where was it said that you have to ditch your crews to become Shichibukai? It was never mentioned.
Phenomenal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-28, 18:52   Link #95
Rahan

Anyways, the shichibukai look like small fry compared to the admirals (at least the one that has been introduced)

Mihawk is Zoro's prey and should be kept for the end, but i doubt the others will become important in the story.
Rahan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 13:58   Link #96
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
Anyways, the shichibukai look like small fry compared to the admirals (at least the one that has been introduced)

Mihawk is Zoro's prey and should be kept for the end, but i doubt the others will become important in the story.
No the Shichibukai are not Small fry compared to the Admirals. The Shichibukai and the Marines are "two conflicting Groups of equal power".

The Shichibukai are considered one of the three powers of the world. These Pirates are not called Seven Gods of the Seas for nothing.
Old 2006-01-29, 18:43   Link #97
ninraven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahan
but i doubt the others will become important in the story.
Ehh I have to disagree. Oda is really patient and has so many different stories waiting to go into. The schichibukai are credible villains that he is saving up for huge parts of the series. Mihawk probably will be saved for the end for Zoro.

I was thinking that at some point Luffy is going to be asked to join the schichibukai at some point. Hell, his name fits the anime scheme, Monkey D. Luffy. After Enies Lobby, the straw hats are going to be world famous, and whoever hasn't heard of them before will now. Kokoro has already predicted that. Using well known pirates to intimidate others is what the schichibukai are about anyway, thats why they were hesitant to have blackbeard join because no one knew about him.

I'm sure no one has rejected an offer to be the shichibukai and lived to tell about it. Who knows if the 7 now are the original 7. If crocodile is going to be replaced, who's to say it hasn't been done before. I think the world government would offer him the posistion as long as he doesn't allow Robin to persue the lost history. That way they both would gain something. But Luffy would obviously refuse. So I bet the other members would feel it being a slap in the face, as if he was too good to join, and would go after him, or be ordered to go after him.

Anyway, I just can't see oda not using the device to the fullest. It would be a waste for any of the schichibukai to not be used, and if they are used it automatically becomes important.
ninraven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 21:39   Link #98
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninraven
Ehh I have to disagree. Oda is really patient and has so many different stories waiting to go into. The schichibukai are credible villains that he is saving up for huge parts of the series. Mihawk probably will be saved for the end for Zoro.

I was thinking that at some point Luffy is going to be asked to join the schichibukai at some point. Hell, his name fits the anime scheme, Monkey D. Luffy. After Enies Lobby, the straw hats are going to be world famous, and whoever hasn't heard of them before will now. Kokoro has already predicted that. Using well known pirates to intimidate others is what the schichibukai are about anyway, thats why they were hesitant to have blackbeard join because no one knew about him.

I'm sure no one has rejected an offer to be the shichibukai and lived to tell about it. Who knows if the 7 now are the original 7. If crocodile is going to be replaced, who's to say it hasn't been done before. I think the world government would offer him the posistion as long as he doesn't allow Robin to persue the lost history. That way they both would gain something. But Luffy would obviously refuse. So I bet the other members would feel it being a slap in the face, as if he was too good to join, and would go after him, or be ordered to go after him.

Anyway, I just can't see oda not using the device to the fullest. It would be a waste for any of the schichibukai to not be used, and if they are used it automatically becomes important.

Sorry Ninraven they would Offer the position to other pirates worthy of carring the name Shichibukai. The Shichibukai are pirates acknowledged by the Government, or could have been a serious threat to them so they made them offers to join them. Luffy is not Acknowledged like a Whitebeard or Shanks. In my opinion Shanks will be the one asked to join, if he is not a member already. The Government will not ask Luffy to become one because he is not a serious threat. Aokiji said that himself that the government does not take the Strawhat pirates seriously yet.
Old 2006-01-29, 22:06   Link #99
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Phenomenol
Sorry Ninraven they would Offer the position to other pirates worthy of carring the name Shichibukai. The Shichibukai are pirates acknowledged by the Government, or could have been a serious threat to them so they made them offers to join them. Luffy is not Acknowledged like a Whitebeard or Shanks. In my opinion Shanks will be the one asked to join, if he is not a member already. The Government will not ask Luffy to become one because he is not a serious threat. Aokiji said that himself that the government does not take the Strawhat pirates seriously yet.
That's just it, they don't consider them a threat yet... things are gonna change after enies Lobby... unless Oda pulls something unexpected on us, Ennies Lobby and CP9 are both going down... Ennie's Lobby has stood for a long time, no pirate has ever even got past the front gates... Sure, pirates like Whitebeard and Shanks may not have ever tried it, but it's still saying alot... there's even a good chance that the Strawhats will end up being targeted by the buster call... So ya, after Ennies Lobby the World Gov't is most liekly gonna see the straw hats as a threat

Wheather or not Luufy will get a Schihibukai offer is a big unknown... but when i think about it, i'm not to sure if i would be surprised... though we all know he would turn it down in the end
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-01-29, 22:44   Link #100
Phenomenal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
That's just it, they don't consider them a threat yet... things are gonna change after enies Lobby... unless Oda pulls something unexpected on us, Ennies Lobby and CP9 are both going down... Ennie's Lobby has stood for a long time, no pirate has ever even got past the front gates... Sure, pirates like Whitebeard and Shanks may not have ever tried it, but it's still saying alot... there's even a good chance that the Strawhats will end up being targeted by the buster call... So ya, after Ennies Lobby the World Gov't is most liekly gonna see the straw hats as a threat

Wheather or not Luufy will get a Schihibukai offer is a big unknown... but when i think about it, i'm not to sure if i would be surprised... though we all know he would turn it down in the end
It's a simple matter, the government won't ask the Strawhat pirates to become Shichibukai, that's out of the question. The Government is so sinister that they would take the strawhat pirates out. The government will try to destroy them.

I will put money that Shanks is already a member of the Shichibukai. Just read the Manga the Gouresei tell it all by their words.

http://groups.msn.com/OnePieceMangav...o&PhotoID=4818

Last edited by Phenomenal; 2006-01-29 at 23:49.