AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-02-02, 23:41   Link #6781
osorito

Chapter 132 is ready in cxc scans. It't time to enjoy.... It's amazing, without using war god mode she's stronger then the entire school combined. The only one who manage to stand was Zen

Spoiler for Zen:

It's funny that when she was asked about her friend's the only that that pop out of her head was Kouki, Zen's technically speaking is now in the enemy zone.....

Spoiler for chap 132 last page:

Last edited by osorito; 2012-02-03 at 00:12.
osorito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-02, 23:54   Link #6782
Sixth
Hu Tao

Kuwagama, your ex-girlfriend is paying visit to your school.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 00:43   Link #6783
[HearT]

Fun chapter, it was like a "where's Waldo" for all the characters
[HearT] is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 01:00   Link #6784
Sol Falling

132:

Welp, we probably know who the "father" Medaka killed is now. One of her potential fiances...heh.

Did Ajimu say that Medaka killed Tsubami's father back then, or that she was his half-sister?

Those three in that entertainment artist trio are all still high school age.
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 01:36   Link #6785
kingstonbeer

meh seems like half time waste chapter :S
kingstonbeer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 01:48   Link #6786
ShiroiRyu

Spoiler for 132:
Old 2012-02-03, 02:07   Link #6787
DawnEmperor

Just wondering, what was the attitude of haters towards this manga? It seems almost every other comment from people in regards to the anime is "Take that, haters!". Was it that annoying?
DawnEmperor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:13   Link #6788
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by osorito View Post
It's funny that when she was asked about her friend's the only that that pop out of her head was Kouki, Zen's technically speaking is now in the enemy zone.....
Funny? I felt bad for Zen in a way.

I mean... the conversation doesn't necessarily make Zen any less of an important person to Medaka, and it was as much Zen's fault too...

But it does mean that all the tears and feelings that were shed before were all platonic. It's like the ultimate recognition and rejection of Zen x Medaka before this.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 02:16   Link #6789
Xaturas

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
Just wondering, what was the attitude of haters towards this manga? It seems almost every other comment from people in regards to the anime is "Take that, haters!". Was it that annoying?
I'm a hater or so it seems, I left this manga once it went into Battle Mode to survive the Axe.
Its stupid retarded battles were *mindblowing* and medaka and her Ms. Perfect was also unneeded.
I didn't even care about anime, to be frank I just saw it has anime after I came to this thread to check *why this still hasn't got the axe*.

Anyway indulge yourself in it if you like it, for me its a waste of precious time, bye bye people.
Old 2012-02-03, 02:46   Link #6790
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
I'm surprised they decided to reintroduce saki this quickly. Seems that one shot held more meaning than we gave it credit for.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 05:00   Link #6791
Odd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
I'm surprised they decided to reintroduce saki this quickly. Seems that one shot held more meaning than we gave it credit for.
Yeah, It could mean that "ending before the anime begins" thing had some truth to it after all.

______

This cool down chapter was needed, things were quite tense for some time.

Good to see all the characters back, even if it was just for one chapter.

It wasn't much of surprise that Zenkichi was the only person capable of holding on. He's probably the second strongest person in the school behind Medaka anyway.

I don't think Kumagawa called the entertainment trio to come to the academy, so I'm guessing they're just going to try and fight/control everyone. They'll probably run into one of the following first/ or at least have a serious altercation with; Kuma, Hansode, Ajimu, Zen, Tsurubami, or Akune.
Odd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 06:55   Link #6792
Inarius
★★★★★

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiroiRyu View Post
Spoiler for 132:
it still didn't occur to you?

he was just trolling.
Old 2012-02-03, 07:18   Link #6793
kenjtr

This weeks chapter made me realize Medaka really thinks nothing of zenichi , well she said she need him in the beginning but she said that to everyone so zenkichi isnt special abaut that , what mades zenkichi special is that medaka takes his help for granted and once she doesnt need him she just throw him away .

There are also lots of things i dont understand , why does medaka need to succeed krokami group or why cant she choose the person she will marry ? is there a great power surpressing medaka to do what she wants or thats her will? but if thats her will why is she waisting in time with school etc.. Also the father she killed seems her old aged fiance .

Well author made medaka and zenkchis relationship impossible from the beginning , just look at their last names hitoyoshi ( means something like good human in japanese ) krokami ( means black god ) . Yes their names are like their standings and medaka cant even magine zenkichi as a love intrest cause he is so low , also i think kouki has potencial to stand against medaka so she can imagine him being a love intrest but she see his feelings as admiration .

Do we pity for medaka like ; poor girl even tough she has everything she cant even marry with the person she loves and who can force medaka to do anything , just how powerful that krokami group is that surpress medaka that much . Maybe zenkichis enemy should be krokami group not medaka anyway i think medaka think nothing of zenkichi so he should just let her go .

All 3 new girl seems shiranuis class oponents even their bodes are abnormal , i wonder did kumagawa called them but i can see there is lots of people like medaka or stronger then her . Well all medaka will do be a pupet president to krokami group and marry someone rich to ake it bigger , " medaka love toy maid " really a pathetic life .

Last edited by kenjtr; 2012-02-03 at 08:07.
kenjtr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 07:31   Link #6794
Tenchi Hou Take

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Falling View Post
What do you mean Kumagawa is an "ends justify the means" guy. Kumagawa is a Minus: that means that the "end" for him is always failure, and his "means" are actually the most defining part of his personality in that Kumagawa used to pursue the worst (i.e. most harmful, repulsive, degrading) ways of going about it. Kumagawa's way of life has nothing to do with the "ends", but everything about the "means"--because Kumagawa's story is about all the methods and paths he struggled through to find a way to fight back against his destiny.

School performance is a crappy measure of intelligence. That's because, much of the time, institutionalized education has basically nothing at all to do with reality; look up "academic underachiever"--it's a widespread phenomenon for highly gifted/intelligent individuals to do poorly "in the books" or "by the records". Einstein's IQ is estimated to have been in the range of 160-180--that's the result of biology. The fact that Einstein was introduced from a young age to subjects which engaged the particular strengths of his intelligence, and that he was motivated to pursue them, were also certainly a result of his environment which depended greatly on fortuity.

Basically, you've missed the point. What Nishio/ch. 131's narration suggests is that not just "intelligence"/special talents, not just "riches"/an affluent environment, but even having a "hobby" or "love" of something at all, and the opportunity to pursue that, is a matter of chance and luxury. Everything in Einstein's life and biology supported him someday making his scientific breakthrough in the field of physics and the theory of relativity; and these great fortuities lie behind every success or great figure of the past as well. That certain individuals received the means and the opportunity to turn their wills into achievement and reality is totally a matter of chance. But for billions of people on earth, that is an almost crushing impossibility.

(Could you really say, to the impoverished orphans or refugees of some third world country in Africa, that "just" by finding something they enjoy and putting their whole heart into it they'll really have come to make something of their existences?)

There are two manners in which the whole world moves forward. First, the blessed, the talented--receivers of good fortune, who managed to find a place for themselves in the world--they give back (i.e. like Medaka). They help others as is their moral duty. They should be as desperate to do so as the impoverished themselves. Second, the misfortunate, the poor--the utterly condemned, like Kumagawa, or others who were born into ghettos of inevitable despair, failure, or meaninglessness--they fight, desperately, to live, rise up, and make something of the life into which they were born. By these two processes of human will, the destiny of humanity changes.

"Zenkichis of the world" (as you put it) are pampered brats. (That's how Kumagawa put it--see ch. 82.) It is a tremendous luxury to live with concern only for one's own passions. The world is a desperate place--too desperate, for most people to live just "playing by the rules" and expect good things to come to them. Actually, it's because Zenkichi realized his own limitations that he is cooperating with Ajimu right now. In truth, our entire reality is about this struggle.

Human will is precisely struggle, against the circumstances which have defined us and the limitations placed upon us by "destiny". Medaka is one of its champions, whereas Ajimu's intent is to end struggle entirely. To call herself "transcendent", a "non-human" is completely accurate. However, perhaps her perspective is still reconcilable. As a matter of fact, the original "transcendentalism", Buddhism, is supported by two pillars of enlightenment. While one is the abandonment of one's human self, the ablution of one's worldly passions, the pursuit of the ultimate truth of the universe and elevation into immortality (i.e. what Ajimu is in the process of trying to push onto others--the end of human desires); the other face of Buddhism is charity--that is, the compassion and love for others that comes from a knowledge of the unity of the universe and the interconnectedness of all existences. If you talk about the strong or the fortunate, someone with the capacity to help others, Ajimu by far surpasses Medaka. That's why, if Ajimu could come to respect human will (as opposed to disdaining it, and using it as a tool to manipulate people towards an even more unchangeable destiny)--to understand human struggle and the value which can be found within it--she could indeed become one of Medaka's greatest allies.

edit:

On ch. 132. I hear a shitload of older/less used characters are showing up in it. Sounds awesome, can't wait.
Yeah no, Kumagawa's not playing by the rules are typically known as criminals and for good reason. And you can't really deny that. Man do you care so much about winning that you don't realise that's not the point at all. Plenty of people don't "win" by their definitions even especially the impovished, but even they can find solace in few enjoyments they do have in life.

That's why they work themselves to bone to protect their family and loved ones rather than say killing other people, or in general screwing over others in order to get ahead in life (which many do infact do). Saying you shouldn't play by the rules in order to get ahead is all fine for you, since you don't you truly know what sort of shit happens in those sorts of place. I have and have been their for a fairly long time though not as long as some. I'd say playing by the rules and working hard is lot more noble and helpful than not playing by the rules which generally includes screwing over some innocent.
Tenchi Hou Take is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 08:24   Link #6795
MD84

It's not a good sign when the former megalomaniac who only met you a few months ago has a better grasp of your childhood friend's feelings than you do.
MD84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 08:36   Link #6796
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD84 View Post
It's not a good sign when the former megalomaniac who only met you a few months ago has a better grasp of your childhood friend's feelings than you do.
Well that just means medaka and zenkichi arent meant for each other , i am rooting for zenkichi and ajimu .
Old 2012-02-03, 08:51   Link #6797
Last Carpet

Haven't been on as much due to my internet going down, but I've managed to get to a computer.

I'm seriously getting tired of Medaka literally getting stronger than everyone. At first it was about overcoming any obstacle which I accepted. But now it's getting old. And with the tug-of-war against the whole school, it's moving from old to ridiculous. My only solace is that it'll be that much more satisfying if Zen defeats her, showing her that, depending on the situation, strength doesn't always win.

According to Ajimu, it's only a defeat if your opponent truly feels like they've lost. Can Zen make Medaka, who can't comprehend the meaning and value of failure, understand what defeat is through the SC Election? Or is defeat something she could only understand if it's beaten into her, which can't happen because of her rate of improvement? And even then, isn't it true that she wants someone to deafeat her, to show her that she's too right? Thinking this way, wouldn't a real defeat in itself be a sort of victory for her?

I dunno....maybe I'm over thinking this again

I wonder what those three new girls are doing at Hakoniwa. And Sukinasaki is with them? Are they new members of Class -13

Voice actor Jyuujika has a scar on her throat
Musician Zomeki has a musical note in her eye
And Saki....how does someone with the smile of a great white shark become an Idol?

We all think Misogi has something to do with this. If he does then what is he planning, I wonder?
Last Carpet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-02-03, 09:03   Link #6798
kenjtr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Last Carpet View Post
I dunno....maybe I'm over thinking this again

I wonder what those three new girls are doing at Hakoniwa. And Sukinasaki is with them? Are they new members of Class -13

Voice actor Jyuujika has a scar on her throat
Musician Zomeki has a musical note in her eye
And Saki....how does someone with the smile of a great white shark become an Idol?

We all think Misogi has something to do with this. If he does then what is he planning, I wonder?
After reading your post i noticed these 3 girls are like kumagawa but they concured their weaknesses and become opposites of what they are , like blind person being daredevil ( DC comics character who can see better without his eyes ) . i really wonder if zenkichis sight wasnt given back by ajimu would he be like that too or maybe he is just like them now . Really intresting development 3 women who have done what zenkiichi and kumagawa couldnt do , things will get more intresting , could they be ajimus real force or former flask plan modified humans ?
Old 2012-02-03, 09:13   Link #6799
Inarius
★★★★★

Sickly-chan is back XD....I bet all 3 were on Kuma's list of transfer students.

Can't wait to see them in action...well, we kinda know what Sickly-chan is capable of.
Old 2012-02-03, 09:29   Link #6800
zeando
maybenotimome

Quote:
Originally Posted by DawnEmperor View Post
well, i know it's a crazy idea, but have you ever tryed to read the posts of this same thread from the start?
i did it when it was only around 45 pages(or a bit more, don't remember), now it would be too much and unbearable, but doing so you'll have the exact idea of what the atmosphere was at that time
in my opinion it wasn't that totally annoying, but sure it was, more than being only annoying it also lasted for quite a long time, so it was like a gentle mantra of haters singing the arrival of the doom

ch 132 so a new arc is starting already? while ajimu is now settled in the background? and hanten is behind a speech bubble again xD
liked this showoff characters chapter, and the dear old ridiculous medaka xD
zeando is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, comedy, harem, nishio, romance, shounen, student council