AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2006-02-15, 04:12   Link #61
Wandering_Youth
lost in wonder forever...

Hmm, I'm not sure what to think about this anime yet. Although, the plot is showing the life of Aka and her seiyu training does interest me plus she is cute with a whacking sense of humor.
Old 2006-02-15, 11:23   Link #62
Flo
The Necessary Evil

Watched Ayu sub's ep 1. Here's what I feel -> http://machall.com/index.php?strip_id=18

The last two panel are my feelings. XD
Flo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 13:37   Link #63
NeoSam

REC DVD-BOX (which will be released on 17/5/2006)

Click on the image.
Old 2006-02-15, 13:54   Link #64
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

Since we're talking of REC merchandise , I wanted to inform that on february 12nd , the OP single came out for selling.

REC OP Single - Cheer! ~Makkana Kimochi~ [Sakai Kanako]

Tracklist:

1. Cheer!~まっかなキモチ~
2. スナック「は」CMソング 何の木?-Full version-
3. Cheer!~まっかなキモチ~ Original karaoke
4. スナック「は」CMソング 何の木?-Full version- Original karaoke

-----------

Once again, Sakai Kanako is Onda Aka's voice actress, and according to this pic, she sure is cute ^^ , and the song too by the way, it's my favourite 2006 OP theme so far.
Old 2006-02-15, 18:35   Link #65
Killermaster

Wow she is indeed beautifull and cute too!
But whats even more cuter is her voice in the song and the anime
she does an outstanding job voicing Aka imo
Killermaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-15, 18:36   Link #66
AnimePlus
Banned

Send a message via AIM to AnimePlus
Character designs in Rec are pretty generic if you ask me, just my personal opinion.
AnimePlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:06   Link #67
Seiryuu

I would not say that these characters "know" each other to any fair extent, and I would not consider any of their interactions particularly close. She sees a movie and has a beer with him because he's just so pathetic pining after the accountant, and they tell each other what they do for a living. He stomps on her ambition a bit, and they walk home to discover they're neigbors. This isn't close, intimate conversation. This is a very light chat with a random acquaintance. These two are scarcely more than strangers. That's why I find the name thing so strange. Even if they were only kissing, very few things could kill a mood faster than this sort of sudden reminder that they are complete strangers.
Seiryuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 05:47   Link #68
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiryuu
I would not say that these characters "know" each other to any fair extent, and I would not consider any of their interactions particularly close. She sees a movie and has a beer with him because he's just so pathetic pining after the accountant, and they tell each other what they do for a living. He stomps on her ambition a bit, and they walk home to discover they're neigbors. This isn't close, intimate conversation. This is a very light chat with a random acquaintance. These two are scarcely more than strangers. That's why I find the name thing so strange. Even if they were only kissing, very few things could kill a mood faster than this sort of sudden reminder that they are complete strangers.
It seems you're still rather anoyed by it aren't you. If it makes you feel better they get to know each other better and fall in love to become a official couple.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 08:55   Link #69
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
I would not say that these characters "know" each other to any fair extent, and I would not consider any of their interactions particularly close. She sees a movie and has a beer with him because he's just so pathetic pining after the accountant, and they tell each other what they do for a living. He stomps on her ambition a bit, and they walk home to discover they're neigbors. This isn't close, intimate conversation. This is a very light chat with a random acquaintance.
The main point is that she basically asked him out on a date on a whim like that.
Its a pretty aggresive thing for a girl to do, so she had probably already decided
that she liked him for some reason or another.
Sure, he was clumsy and awkward- but clearly he gave off a friendly and even
protective vibe, which she clearly liked.

Quote:
These two are scarcely more than strangers. That's why I find the name thing so strange. Even if they were only kissing, very few things could kill a mood faster than this sort of sudden reminder that they are complete strangers.
What part of being total strangers is a mood killer??
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 10:14   Link #70
Keluangman

Quote:
Originally Posted by RunningTARGET
It seems you're still rather anoyed by it aren't you. If it makes you feel better they get to know each other better and fall in love to become a official couple.
you read the manga? btw how many volumes is the manga and is it still continuing?
Keluangman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-16, 13:03   Link #71
NeoSam

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keluangman
you read the manga? btw how many volumes is the manga and is it still continuing?
For now there are 4 volumes released of REC manga (check the second post of this thread to see the covers of these volumes), and volume 5 of REC manga will be released on 17/2/2006 yes tomorrow I'll post the cover of volume 5 the minute its available.

Anyway to see if its still being serialized in Sunday GX magazine (which is a magazine for young men) I had to check the site, but its not listed in the current issue of Sunday GX could it be that volume 5 of REC (released tomorrow) is the last volume of REC manga?

Edit:

Ahh also Yay Yay the first chapter of the manga got scanlated by Yanime group

Torrent available here: Manganews.
Old 2006-02-16, 18:32   Link #72
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I had been looking forward to Rec every since i heard it was going to be an anime i must say i really liked Ep 1 i thought the animation was pretty good and love the way the girl talk(sorry forgot her name) im cant wait for more thought anyone know when it airs in japan?

Spoiler for What freakin luck:
Old 2006-02-16, 20:37   Link #73
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra
....anyone know when it airs in japan?...
Thursday nights just before 2 a.m. So episode 3 aired about eight hours ago.

And I agree about Sakai Kanako. I think I liked her voice in this episode even more than in the previous ones. Her nickname is "Kana-hime" (Princess Kana), and that might turn out to be a good description of her place in the voice-acting world, in a while.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 03:43   Link #74
NeoSam

Volume 5 of the seinen manga REC got released today , here's the cover:

It will be added with the other covers (in this post) when I have a little bigger image >.<
Old 2006-02-17, 04:02   Link #75
RunningTARGET
Bishoujo sweet!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keluangman
you read the manga?

Hehe, its more like I look at the preaty pictures of the manga, I say the mangaka gets better at drawing through the volumes.

Oh and thanks for the heads up on the translated chap neosam, now I can put words to the pictures.
RunningTARGET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 17:39   Link #76
Blaat

I'm going to sound like a spoiled brat but... I want more
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 18:07   Link #77
Zappster

Well I've just watched through the first two episodes and it was very enjoyable. I was basically hooked after episode 1 as it is my kind of anime really(or so it seems from the first two episodes). Glad to hear that there is a possibility of more than just the 9 episodes that have been announced so far. My initial reaction after watching the first episode was "hmm..that was good, just wish it was a bit longer". Personally I'd have settled for a 24 minute 13 episode series, however the multiple seasons route is not a bad alternative if it does happen.

Spoiler:

Didn't realize Sakai Kanako had a role in Magikano. I thought this was her first anime, nevertheless I was impressed. She's handled the role really well IMO. Look forward to hearing more of her work in the future
Zappster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 21:35   Link #78
Anime+
Banned

I was kinda disapointed with episode 2, I though the development was going to be faster; as in the 1st episode. This weeks episode probably would have been a better 30 minute episode with more development. Hopefully, the rest of the series will use the same formula found in episode 1. I really liked the drama in the 1st episode.
Anime+ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-02-17, 22:02   Link #79
wao
OK.

Hehe, I actually kind of enjoyed ep 3. Short but good in general - I really got an idea of the play-it-by-ear kind of life both of them lead. I liked the bit where Matsumaru was doing work and was so obsessed with it that he kept typing and typing and typing as the doorbell rang. It's the first time he's lived with someone else as an adult so it felt weird for him to say "Okaeri" and "Itterasshai" and so on... nice touch.

Also Matsumaru's High School Memory is funny.

Also, is it me or did the OP change very slightly, I don't remember seeing Aka wearing that dress Audrey Hepburn wore in My Fair Lady in the OP before. Maybe I'm just blind.

Anyway, I like Aka's attitude towards Matsumaru - she's nice to him and brings him stuff and treats him respectfully since, after all, she's greatly indebted to him, but she does not submit to him or act all dependent and whatnot. She doesn't fall for his advances this time
Old 2006-02-17, 22:11   Link #80
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by wao
Anyway, I like Aka's attitude towards Matsumaru - she's nice to him and brings him stuff and treats him respectfully since, after all, she's greatly indebted to him, but she does not submit to him or act all dependent and whatnot. She doesn't fall for his advances this time

I get the feeling she's playing hard to get now.
Matsumaru is not smooth enough to bypass her defenses, so she'll
probably keep teasing then refusing him like that for most of the series.
(i hope I'm wrong though... i really feel sorry for the guy. Doing all that
romantic stuff, sleeping inches away from her, then not allowed to touch.)
Srin Tuar is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
romance, seinen