AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2006-04-26, 23:14   Link #1
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Best Ninja?

Now this isn't an over all measurement of power and physical ability but more of the actual abilities of a ninja. Which Naruto character do you think embodies an actual ninja the best?

Although there are alot of good candidates, my vote would have to go for Kabuto. Who knows for how many years he was able to sneak into Konoha and steal medical supplies and compete in countless Chuunin exams as a Leaf Genin without being noticed?

I think Itachi would be my second choice due to the fact he can roam around and people don't seem to find him and he seems to strike hard and just vanish when he wants. But he seems to be alot less subtle than Kabuto. Your thoughts?
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-26, 23:42   Link #2
mechwar666
Mech

Send a message via MSN to mechwar666
Quote:
Originally Posted by vega98767
Now this isn't an over all measurement of power and physical ability but more of the actual abilities of a ninja. Which Naruto character do you think embodies an actual ninja the best?

Although there are alot of good candidates, my vote would have to go for Kabuto. Who knows for how many years he was able to sneak into Konoha and steal medical supplies and compete in countless Chuunin exams as a Leaf Genin without being noticed?

I think Itachi would be my second choice due to the fact he can roam around and people don't seem to find him and he seems to strike hard and just vanish when he wants. But he seems to be alot less subtle than Kabuto. Your thoughts?

Any hokage or Orochimaru. Oro the only one alive, he lives (lived very long life) to learn every single freaking jutsu (technique) that exists in the naruto world. He think that whomever knows them all will be the most powerfull ninja in the naruto world. Thus its him, besides no other ninja can prolongue his life like he has.
mechwar666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 05:52   Link #3
MobiuS

Er?

I nominate Shika. He can out-think anyone in the whole manga, and he can kill you with his shadow. Ild say Shikamaru is the total embodiment of a ninja, but he loses quite a few points for fishnets ...
MobiuS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 07:03   Link #4
Illuyankas
I need another drink.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MobiuS
Er?

I nominate Shika. He can out-think anyone in the whole manga, and he can kill you with his shadow. Ild say Shikamaru is the total embodiment of a ninja, but he loses quite a few points for fishnets ...
Almost everyone wears fishnets there, it's camouflage/looking like a fool to trick others. Yeah.

But it's probably the ANBOU-type people, if you want a comparison between the random fighting with superpowers in Naruto and actual, factual ninjas.
Illuyankas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 08:04   Link #5
Rurik
Golden

Itachi, When we go to definition of a real Ninja, is someone that do thing on stealth rather than using raw power, If Itachi sees a chance to escape he will, besides Ninja are supposed to be tools, and this tools are supposed to be able to Kill whoever they need for the mission (Including those who are close to him).
Old 2006-04-27, 08:29   Link #6
Luminion Lancer
Time-diver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uchiha_Rurik
Itachi, When we go to definition of a real Ninja, is someone that do thing on stealth rather than using raw power, If Itachi sees a chance to escape he will, besides Ninja are supposed to be tools, and this tools are supposed to be able to Kill whoever they need for the mission (Including those who are close to him).
-Yep, it's Itachi no ifs or buts about it. Even if he's human and can never render himself to feel nothing he sure as Hell knows how to keep his emotions hidden. Kabuto and Orochimaru, while yes they are stealthy and calculating they are just to creepy and "un-traditional" when it comes to the aspects of being a ninja.
Old 2006-04-27, 08:38   Link #7
swerv
Stay Up

Ninja are historically spies aren't they? So it should be Kabuto from that point of view imo.
Old 2006-04-27, 08:44   Link #8
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by swerv
Ninja are historically spies aren't they? So it should be Kabuto from that point of view imo.
They were spies and/or Assassins (hitokiri in Japanese? Please Jap talking people confirm ).

To not go off-topic about this, I created a thread regarding what Ninjas were supposed to be. http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31544

Last edited by Rurik; 2006-04-27 at 10:16.
Rurik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 13:14   Link #9
PhantomX
Tsuruya's Lover

Send a message via AIM to PhantomX Send a message via MSN to PhantomX
Well, if we're comparing them to ACTUAL ninja, I'ld say Shikamaru, since his moves are shadow based, which is kind of the theme of ninjas (the hiding in the shadows and whatnot).
PhantomX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 14:06   Link #10
Rachy
Disabled By Request

I would say Itachi also, he'd be about the best ninja we've seen..

But Kabuto in my mind isn't a actual shinobi because he's a medical ninja.
Rachy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 15:45   Link #11
MobiuS

Why Itachi? His basis is a magical eye that cannot ever exist in reality. ANBUs act the closest to real ninjas in terms of combat (they show very few jutsus) and Shika has the brains one would associate with ninjas. Plus he takes advantages of shadows (though in unrealistic ways, its closer than bringing out black fire from your eyes).
Kabuto ... hes more of a defactor and less like a creeping intruder so he wont count as a spy really ... more like a traitor. So Kabuto technically is a spy but really isnt. Just a traitor.
Old 2006-04-27, 15:59   Link #12
vega98767
Matchstick Kid

Quote:
Why Itachi? His basis is a magical eye that cannot ever exist in reality. ANBUs act the closest to real ninjas in terms of combat (they show very few jutsus) and Shika has the brains one would associate with ninjas. Plus he takes advantages of shadows (though in unrealistic ways, its closer than bringing out black fire from your eyes).
Kabuto ... hes more of a defactor and less like a creeping intruder so he wont count as a spy really ... more like a traitor. So Kabuto technically is a spy but really isnt. Just a traitor.
You're right on Kabuto. He is more of a spy than a Ninja. Its easy to go around undetected when everyone thinks you're an ally.

I then change my vote to Orochimaru. The way he was able to sneak around Konoha during the chuunin exams and such makes him very crafty and stealthy.
vega98767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 16:06   Link #13
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Why Itachi? His basis is a magical eye that cannot ever exist in reality.
Its really the core of his actions:
A) Capable of Killing anybody no matter if its related to him.
B) Doing things in a low profile manner, He avoids direct confrontations deceiving people.
C) He is one of the Best Shinoby when it comes to Shuriken Trowing.

BTW, You used Shika´s shadows, if you can bend reallity for Shikka, why not bend it for Itachi?

And one question for those who selected Shika, if Shika is apointed a Job to Kill Chouji, would he do it?
Old 2006-04-27, 16:46   Link #14
itachistyle

Quote:
Its really the core of his actions:
A) Capable of Killing anybody no matter if its related to him.
B) Doing things in a low profile manner, He avoids direct confrontations deceiving people.
C) He is one of the Best Shinoby when it comes to Shuriken Trowing.

BTW, You used Shika´s shadows, if you can bend reallity for Shikka, why not bend it for Itachi?

And one question for those who selected Shika, if Shika is apointed a Job to Kill Chouji, would he do it?
not to mention that basing on Sasuke's flashbacks, he seems to be incredibly good at Kunai throwing too
itachistyle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 21:35   Link #15
MobiuS

Quote:
Quote:
Plus he takes advantages of shadows (though in unrealistic ways, its closer than bringing out black fire from your eyes).

Wow. It was in the same post too ... >_>
Old 2006-04-27, 21:48   Link #16
Yotsuba
芸術は爆発だ!

I'd probably go for Shino actually. Haha, he's so quiet and stealthy.
Yotsuba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-27, 23:34   Link #17
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Wow. It was in the same post too ... >_>
Again, You used an example that do not comply with laws of Nature to made your point, so again, Why we should bend reality (if just for bit) for your sake of making your point, and not bend it for others to defend their point?

Or did I miss the part where Humans can actually control their Shadow not only to grab someone and control every muscular movement regardless of this humans will , but to project a Shadow that can actually harm living things.

As you fail to miss the point, You are sorely basing Itachis ninja ability on his Magical eye, when This is not what make him the best ninja-(or one of the best when using a true Ninja definition), IF we take away Shikamarus Magic ability, and Itachi Magic Abilities, Itachi will still be a better Ninja, he will be capable of slitting anyones throat if the mission ask for it regardless of any moral implication.
Old 2006-04-28, 00:31   Link #18
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Best Ninja?
^Haven't heard this question before ...

Genins: Shino

Chunnins: Shikamaru

Jonins: Kakashi

Sannins: Oro-sama

Anbu: Itachi

Traitor with hand-wings: Sasuke

Lack of specific classification: Kabuto

My Personal Wildcard: Naruto (although it's mostly strength and suprisability not analytical skills...)
Old 2006-04-28, 00:53   Link #19
Slayerx

Y'know, i think i kinda have to go with Orochimaru... think about it
His ability to steel poeple's faces and disguise himself as said victim is a far more effective disguise then ordinary transformation jutsus... and a great disguise is key for traveling freely about enemy territory... And Oro's speed and strength means that he could kill just about anyone once he got close to the target with his disguise

Kabuto... well, his method for spying has always been to hide his true nature and not actual disguise his face... in other words, once his true nature is revealed he won't be effective as a spy anymore... i mean, Kabuto has not shown that he can use a diguise good enough to fool a jounin (unlike Oro), so he would never be able to do something like spy on Khonona, or anywhere else his face is known... he did maanage to hide himself behind and Anbu mask for a while, but really, i don't think he could keep himself hidden with a mask for THAT long.

Itachi... I'd probably place in second... though he hasn't shown that he can disguise himself like Oro, he makes up for it by being incredbile fast and stealthy... if you can manage to stick to the shadows and remain undetected then you don't need to have a disguise... Only thing Itachi would have to worry about is if he had to kill a target that was being guarded by ninja's that about his level (even if it's HIGHLY unlikely); he probably would get detected before the kill and would be forced into a fight... this is unlike Oro who, even when dealing with guards at his level, would be able to get past them and close enough to kill the target; since even the 3rd couldn't see through his disguise
Quote:
^Haven't heard this question before ...
The best REAL ninja... as in best spy/assasin... not just the most powerful...
Slayerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2006-04-28, 09:27   Link #20
Rurik
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by wingdarkness
Lack of specific classification: Kabuto
Medic Nin Perhaps?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayerx
The best REAL ninja... as in best spy/assasin... not just the most powerful...
Yup, so power is not really an important aspect, in this case the Anti-Ninja would be Naruto: loud, clumsy, and with a big heart (Eg not having the guts to kill).