AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2013-07-22, 22:04   Link #1601
larethian

I agree with most of the points that it was definitely more interesting when it was between Raku, Chitoge & Kosaki. However, it is questionable whether that will sustain if he kept it at that. Or perhaps, one could say that's the limit of the author.

Well, I think right on the onset, he planned to cover the 3 year school arc, which will be kind of hard if he limited the story with just 2 or 3 girls. Adding more girls can introduce more variables to the relationship dynamics between the 2 main girls. To me the other girls are more like interjecting fillers that will space out the development/tension between Raku & Chitoge & Kosaki and avoid a straight-out, dragged-out rinse-&-repeat scenario. I would think that the direction of Nisekoi is quite different from To-Love-Ru
larethian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 23:00   Link #1602
Student no.0
Part-time Warrior

Location: First star to the left, you should go there sometime.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Randrak42 View Post
I do feel that they need to use the Yakuza/Mafia gangs a bit more though :|
Agreed. While I'm still enjoying Nisekoi's romcom, it's left me missing their antics involving their relationship. Marika's first job chapter was a hilarious demonstration, but if it weren't for Black Tiger and White Fang I'd probably completely forget that Ichijou and Chitoge actually came from a yakuza/mafia family eventually. Not like I'd want them scrutizing their every move 24/7 and leave them(mostly Raku) restless, but would be nice if the mangaka makes good use of them again along with the police force in the future.
Student no.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-22, 23:46   Link #1603
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare Boy View Post
Agreed. While I'm still enjoying Nisekoi's romcom, it's left me missing their antics involving their relationship. Marika's first job chapter was a hilarious demonstration, but if it weren't for Black Tiger and White Fang I'd probably completely forget that Ichijou and Chitoge actually came from a yakuza/mafia family eventually. Not like I'd want them scrutizing their every move 24/7 and leave them(mostly Raku) restless, but would be nice if the mangaka makes good use of them again along with the police force in the future.
Marika's first job was probably one of the best chapters in a long time for me, it included everything I love about Nisekoi.
Randrak42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 03:28   Link #1604
hamazura
whatever

if author want the serious romance, the character will only be raku, chitoge and onodera.
but.. THIS IS SHOUNEN JUMP. they HAVE TO make the series AS LONG AS POSSIBLE...
story, developtment, gag are so good in the beginning but later just become typical harem-fanservice manga, where raku will probably get moar gal in da future -_-

well im already dropped it for 2 months now, will read it again wyen this manga ended (probably not if my friends said this series still harem-fanservice even until climax)
Old 2013-07-23, 10:58   Link #1605
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
I do feel that they need to use the Yakuza/Mafia gangs a bit more though :|
I actually don't want the author to use the Yakuza/Mafia gang. Using them for the plot will only make me question something that shouldn't be answered.

I mean, Paula and Tsugumi are cute, but THEY were FREAKING ASSASSIN who killed a lot of people. Not to mention that they actually brought a gun and grenade to school ground openly.

And Raku and Chitoge's father most likely had done a lot of bad things such as murdering, smuggling, and corruption. There is no way that they can maintain their current status and credibility without doing these illegal businesses.

Same goes to Marika's father. For him able to owned a huge building as his home, he probably accepted a lot of money/corruption from Raku's father, so he can close one of his eye in the past time.

Seriously, it would be the best to leave them out of the story because it wouldn't make sense at all that Raku and his friends can live happily with their involvement. Sooner or later, Raku will have to kill or murder someone in order to inherit or protect his family business. Same goes to Chitoge.
Sixth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-23, 11:31   Link #1606
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
I actually don't want the author to use the Yakuza/Mafia gang. Using them for the plot will only make me question something that shouldn't be answered.

I mean, Paula and Tsugumi are cute, but THEY were FREAKING ASSASSIN who killed a lot of people. Not to mention that they actually brought a gun and grenade to school ground openly.

And Raku and Chitoge's father most likely had done a lot of bad things such as murdering, smuggling, and corruption. There is no way that they can maintain their current status and credibility without doing these illegal businesses.

Same goes to Marika's father. For him able to owned a huge building as his home, he probably accepted a lot of money/corruption from Raku's father, so he can close one of his eye in the past time.

Seriously, it would be the best to leave them out of the story because it wouldn't make sense at all that Raku and his friends can live happily with their involvement. Sooner or later, Raku will have to kill or murder someone in order to inherit or protect his family business. Same goes to Chitoge.
You are making it way too seriously...this is a comedy manga dude...things like that are ignored and left to fridge logic. Even if the plot were to darken a bit due to the underworld nature of the families, it would never go THAT far.
But by involving the yakuza/mafia I meant something like the Marika first job chapter, they were hilarious...they are usually hilarious whenever they show up.
Old 2013-07-26, 04:57   Link #1607
ImperialFlameGod8190

New chapters out and
Spoiler for chapter 84:
ImperialFlameGod8190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 05:23   Link #1608
Bakaizer
Demon Hunter

i feel bad for the glasses boy, hope he ends up with the glass girl early in the manga
Old 2013-07-26, 07:57   Link #1609
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Damn the author should just create a spin off for monkey face, he is SOOOO much more interesting than Raku.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 08:55   Link #1610
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

I do like that it finally shows that Raku and Shuu are actually childhood friends...because until now they've only looked like idiot highschool friends.
Old 2013-07-26, 14:08   Link #1611
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
New chapters out and
Spoiler for chapter 84:
Well I think she's going to tell him that the fiancé is a crime boss of a rival family and Kyoko sensei is being coerced or forced into marriage. Then everyone is gonna go rush off to try to save her and in the end Shuu will tell her how he feels and she will either decide to continue teaching and Raku's family will crush the other side, or she will honestly like the guy and get married and live happily.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 14:18   Link #1612
ImperialFlameGod8190

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Well I think she's going to tell him that the fiancé is a crime boss of a rival family and Kyoko sensei is being coerced or forced into marriage. Then everyone is gonna go rush off to try to save her and in the end Shuu will tell her how he feels and she will either decide to continue teaching and Raku's family will crush the other side, or she will honestly like the guy and get married and live happily.
i'll be frank if they do the crime boss thing i'll probably drop nisekoi period.
Old 2013-07-26, 14:26   Link #1613
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloPanda View Post
Uh...Huh...

OR

She could just get married to an average guy and Shuu gets over it.
Old 2013-07-26, 16:00   Link #1614
ices
Working Hard

OR...... that guy is Claude-sama!!!1!
ices is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 17:55   Link #1615
SoloPanda
Not A Loli-con....

Quote:
Uh...Huh...

OR

She could just get married to an average guy and Shuu gets over it.
If only everything was that reasonable most harem manga wouldn't make it passed 20 chapters.
SoloPanda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 20:23   Link #1616
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

Quote:
Originally Posted by ices View Post
OR...... that guy is Claude-sama!!!1!
/agree....

or maybe we should add some ToraDora scenes here...
Ruri go wild and attack Kyoko-chan for not realizing Shuu's feeling...
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-26, 21:16   Link #1617
The Butcher
Butchered Taste

Something probably happened to Kyoko >.>.

Most likely the wedding was cut off. That or she got ill or something.

Cool chapter though. Got to learn about Shuu's personality. I respect the guy more now.

Last edited by The Butcher; 2013-07-27 at 12:37.
The Butcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 02:30   Link #1618
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialFlameGod8190 View Post
i'll be frank if they do the crime boss thing i'll probably drop nisekoi period.
Tables will be flipped.
omimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-07-27, 03:59   Link #1619
ImperialFlameGod8190

heh likely so omi although since im one of the few onodera raku fans and a bit of a wildfire most of you guys wont miss me
Old 2013-08-01, 07:54   Link #1620
Waven
Itadaki-nyaaa !!

Wait, is Tsugumi going to confess preventively so she doesn't get into the dilemma that Shuu is in - not being able to confess as it would be too late and inappropriate?

Imagine her being the first of the 3 girls with secret love to confess... the one that wouldn't even acknowledge it to herself
Waven is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, non-harem, romantic comedy, school life, shounen, slice of life