Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2009-05-22, 19:22   Link #8461
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
It's just bad writing, Okouchi cared more about plot twists than he did about presenting Britannia as a strong opponent so all of Britannia including Suzaku got shafted.
You say that about everything for this show though.

I still don't understand why you are still posting here. You obviously hate the show more then anyone in the world should reasonably hate any television series so it just continues to boggle the mind. Why do you still post, what is it you seek to accomplish here.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 19:29   Link #8462
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

Location: at GNR, bringing you the truth, no matter how bad it hurts
well...
i would argue that my hate for some TV shows in my home country is considerably higher then his hate for this show
so i would like to dispute your accusation good sir
Old 2009-05-22, 19:36   Link #8463
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness View Post
well...
i would argue that my hate for some TV shows in my home country is considerably higher then his hate for this show
so i would like to dispute your accusation good sir
The difference though is that the average person doesn't devote the vast majority of their time spent on any given internet forum expressing how awful they find a given show, it's writing, and the people that work behind it. With Charred Knight though it's way to personal and constant. Okouchi bad writing this, Taniguchi bad directing that.....it's gotten really monotonous.

There's a few people here that if they would just finally let it go or start on something else would make this sub-forum actually enjoyable to us Geass fans again instead of just constantly steering it towards an argument about "which part of the show sucked the most" all of the time.

Yeah though, Suzaku was surprisingly impotent whenever Lelouch showed up on the battlefield. When he wasn't though he was able to do quite well against the Black Knights and almost whipe them out a couple of times. I don't see for a second though how that is in any way bad writing. It's already been established that Lelouch can outwit Suzaku in the first season and either draw him or completely win. The only time he ever flat out loses to Suzaku is in tests of strength, which is what their last fight came down to at the end of Season 1. Then again like I said this is Charred Knight and everything about this show is "bad writing" to him so I don't expect that to change anything from his constantly negative point of view. Now it's time to see how he tries to rationalize his point of view...and by that I mean go wildly off topic until what we're talking about has nothing to do with Suzaku and competence anymore.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 20:26   Link #8464
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
When he could fly. Suzaku's never shown himself as better on level ground, only when he has an advantage. Also, he took out her arm, but only because she outmaneuvered him and got his arm in the first place. All he had left was his gun at that point and he had to retreat to the sky for that to be of any use.

Of course, in ep 11 or whatever, Kallen had that radiation wave thing :/ So that was kind of a fight on unequal footing, too.

In any case, what does it matter? They're both awesome pilots. Lelouch's best Knights.
snowdevil_crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-22, 20:28   Link #8465
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
Of course, in ep 11 or whatever, Kallen had that radiation wave thing :/ So that was kind of a fight on unequal footing, too.

In any case, what does it matter? They're both awesome pilots. Lelouch's best Knights.
Kallen always has the radiation thing. Suzaku has a freaking arsenal built into a single Knightmare. That's even. Being able to fly when the other can't is not.
Old 2009-05-22, 20:32   Link #8466
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

No, I just meant that one time she fought him in ep 11 where she sort of beat him (he was forced to push her off the cliff... I don't know if that counts as a win for either side), she had an advantage over him. ^^'
Old 2009-05-22, 20:34   Link #8467
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

not that i really want to continue this discusion over who one in narita
but its just worth noting that he didnt actually PUSH her off the cliff
the cliff caved in and collapsed
Old 2009-05-22, 20:42   Link #8468
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

ffff I have bad memory XD

Have I ever mentioned, btw blade, that I kind of love your signature? <3
Old 2009-05-22, 20:53   Link #8469
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowdevil_crow View Post
No, I just meant that one time she fought him in ep 11 where she sort of beat him (he was forced to push her off the cliff... I don't know if that counts as a win for either side), she had an advantage over him. ^^'
Except it is not an advantage, at least not in the sense that it's distinct and Suzaku has nothing to compensate. It is her one and only weapon short of the fork knife and rarely-used grenade launcher while Suzaku has a wide array of weapons. Kallen takes that one weapon and turns it into the ultimate in offense and defense.
Old 2009-05-22, 21:05   Link #8470
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

no you havent mentioned
but its nice to hear
thank you
Old 2009-05-22, 21:30   Link #8471
snowdevil_crow
Wielder of Cucumbers

heh. ^^

And morbos... *sigh* nevermind.
Old 2009-05-23, 03:14   Link #8472
azul120

Quote:
Except it is not an advantage, at least not in the sense that it's distinct and Suzaku has nothing to compensate. It is her one and only weapon short of the fork knife and rarely-used grenade launcher while Suzaku has a wide array of weapons. Kallen takes that one weapon and turns it into the ultimate in offense and defense.
That she's able to make such good use of a single weapon against a veritable swiss army knife is a pretty good testament to Kallen's skill, to say the least.

When she reclaimed the Guren following the swiss army knife treatment it got from Lloyd in the second half of R2, she was even more dangerous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charred Knight View Post
You just figured that out?

Britannia went through massive villain decay in Season 2.

Why the hell do you think the Black Knights threw out Lelouch. It was because Britannia ceased to be a major threat and Taniguchi and Okouchi needed a new threat that was worthy of Lelouch. Simply put Britannia was a complete joke in season 2.
Except the latter was of course all a setup by the big bad of Britannia in R2, Schneizel.
azul120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 14:33   Link #8473
Senbon Zakura
Kallen and C.C. Lover
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to Senbon Zakura
Quote:
How did Kallen move so past and just annihilate everything in sight when she got it back after Lloyd's modifications? Lloyd was constantly working on the Lancelot and it never moved that fast.
Senbon Zakura is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-23, 14:35   Link #8474
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

the lancelot can move as fast as the guren (you can see it in the final battle when they do the crush into each other thing before losing the wings
Old 2009-05-23, 14:39   Link #8475
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
How did Kallen move so past and just annihilate everything in sight when she got it back after Lloyd's modifications? Lloyd was constantly working on the Lancelot and it never moved that fast.
What blade said. Also, Kallen evidently knows how to work her machine better, since she can become the dreaded pinball of death. One more addition: the Guren was overspec'd, the Lancelot was not.
Old 2009-05-23, 14:47   Link #8476
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

actually i think the guren was designed to be able to do the pinball thing
the entire chest area was re-tooled to allow the wings to close over the entire frame and turn it into a solid block of blaze luminus
thats why it can crush into enemy units like it does in 24
Old 2009-05-24, 11:10   Link #8477
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senbon Zakura View Post
Basically, the Guren was a better machine, hehe. Lloyd always worked at the lancelot to be a great frame for battles, but with the Guren it was different, his work at the guren was to create the better machine talking about specs and fuck the pilot, so it was a shock that Kallen could pilot him at all.

So, even with the Albion, the Guren was still better, cause he was modified without the barrier of the human capacity.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-24, 11:21   Link #8478
bladeofdarkness
Um-Shmum

he and cecile basiclly got carried away and ended up playing around with the guren trying to see just how powerful they could make it
then they realized that they created something that no one would be able to pilot so they shelved it
and then kallen stole it and proved them wrong
but it still doesnt explain why the albion wasnt improved as well to match the guren
they did have a whole MONTH to work on it and they had proof that a machine as powerful as the guren COULD be piloted by the right pilot
they even improved the wings
why not just twik it up
Old 2009-05-24, 11:48   Link #8479
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

For the sake of the plot. Or maybe they didn't want to give Suzaku too much work to do. Better having a good machine that you can explore the full capacity than an awesome machine that you just use 50%. Even Kallen wasn't using the guren at full capacity, so we can say the Guren kick some serious ass.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-05-25, 10:56   Link #8480
iBeast

This guy is probably the most annoying character in all of Code Geass.
iBeast is offline   Reply With Quote