AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Toradora!

Notices

View Poll Results: Toradora! - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 31 34.44%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 32 35.56%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 15.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 10.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.33%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 1.11%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 90. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-11-13, 17:33   Link #41
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

I assume he's the "physical manifestation" of the excessive dysfunctionality the rest of the cast suffers from
Old 2008-11-13, 17:33   Link #42
Clarste
Human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molenir View Post
That bird is one thing I've been wondering about. I mean you look at the manga, and the bird isn't nearly that weird, but here in the anime... Someone please, put it out of its misery!
The novel gives endless descriptions of how disgusting the bird is. Be glad they toned it down.
Old 2008-11-13, 17:54   Link #43
Sides

I was kind of disappointed that they left out the vet part. Inko needs more screen time ^^.
Old 2008-11-13, 19:04   Link #44
Kushi

Great episode, wasn't as good as the last one obviously... I was hoping Ami be at least a little changed but she doesn't seem to have changed at all [maybe a little bit real friendier with Ryuuji but that's it D:] the more I watch this the more of a father daughter vibe I get from ryu and taiga. Except you don't abuse your father like that... or maybe she does, that's why she's living alone?... lol :P
Old 2008-11-13, 19:10   Link #45
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
I assume he's the "physical manifestation" of the excessive dysfunctionality the rest of the cast suffers from
If so I feel bad for the cast since if its equal they have some serious issues . Though its not like we didn't know about the casts issues to begin with. I just feel bad for that bird every time I see it.

Not a bad episode. That was one heck of a throw by Ami though . Sure it caused some trouble but talk about good distance. Was pretty fun with Minorin using her as a weight. Pretty good moment for Minorin as well at the end. Actually managed cut into the fight and get them moving to tattling on the other .
Old 2008-11-13, 19:29   Link #46
Sixth
Hu Tao

All hail to Minori's randomness!

Well, I kinda enjoyed this episode, mainly because of Taiga. She is acting extremely cute in this episode. Every time Rjuyi and Taiga stick together, I always have the vibe that they were a married couple.

Lastly, Taiga and Ami finally going to fight or compete because of Takasu..That was fast.
Old 2008-11-13, 19:30   Link #47
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
^ Indeed...Taiga flew right into the middle of the pool

Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2008-11-13, 22:53   Link #48
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
great ep, and i agree there was some subtle development. Others pointed it out so i'm not going to.

She's really docile when she's just woken up or she's sleepy, it's cute .
Old 2008-11-13, 22:54   Link #49
alu546
y prime

Send a message via AIM to alu546
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
^ Indeed...Taiga flew right into the middle of the pool

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-13, 22:59   Link #50
Freya

Send a message via AIM to Freya
Awesome episode as usual. I thought Ami said she was going to show her true self?
Old 2008-11-14, 02:09   Link #51
fict_ticious
I can has drinks?

Episode was cute, but a little too much beating around the bush. I guess they just needed an excuse to set-up for the next episode. But to use an entire episode to do it...
Moreover, it looks like even in the next episode, we won't be seeing the competition - looks to be a training/testing resolve ep.
Seriously, padding (no pun intended) a supposedly 13 episode long series?
Old 2008-11-14, 02:23   Link #52
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
I still marveling on how he can reinsert the pad while trashing underwater.
Old 2008-11-14, 03:05   Link #53
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by fict_ticious View Post
Seriously, padding (no pun intended) a supposedly 13 episode long series?
As has been noted, best information is that Toradora will be two seasons (ANN and anidb) or at least is prepped for being such depending on ratings.
Old 2008-11-14, 04:30   Link #54
Nukerjsr
Baka Inu~

Send a message via AIM to Nukerjsr
I really had enjoyed this episode from what happened. When it's Taiga vs. Her Insecurity, it always appears to be an interesting battle. Especially when she gets help from good old Ryuuji. With these latest episodes it's been more enjoyable to watch their relationship in unfurl. It's kind of fun to watch everyone interact between the two.

I'm with the side of these people who does not mind the filler or the lack of progress. If this is what happens when the writers try to make something, it's not offensive or annoying. I wouldn't mind seeing more lately. Especially with the lack of restraint on the physical violence. Ryuuji hits her with a broom, and Taiga kicks him while they are running. Despite all of the breast issues, Ami, and swimming, it was rather tame. It feels much better to see this tiger napping then hunting down a zebra.

I thought it was pretty cute and funny at the same time. I had a pretty guilty laugh at "Stop Sexuality Harassing My Mother!" and when Kitamura walked up to Taiga when she was in her swimsuit. I also enjoyed that scene where Taiga played video games while Ryuuji worked on her breast pad. That's a very realistic scene for friends or people getting along and felt rather comfortable to me. Not to mention, it almosts debunks my fear that Taiga will turn into Louise.

What makes me worried though from watching this episode was with Ami and Minori. Are we ever going to get a serious moment with Minori? If that never happens, then she's just going to feel like a random plot device. A very random plot device. And while Ami was quite cute last episode, I'm wondering how cutesy she will still act in front of the crowd when sahe was introduced.

It all makes me feel rather mixed, but it does make me happy that I've gotten into this series.
Old 2008-11-14, 05:35   Link #55
Peanutbutter

Quote:
Originally Posted by stormy001_M1A2 View Post
I still marveling on how he can reinsert the pad while trashing underwater.
I'm marvelling instead at
Spoiler:
Old 2008-11-14, 08:57   Link #56
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Spoiler for Ami and EP 7:
Old 2008-11-14, 09:00   Link #57
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I am really liking Ryu as the male lead i mean the crap this guy goes through day in and day out is just nerve racking. I love the contrast between his face and his real personality which is very considerate and kind. Its very obvious he value's Taiga's friendship. All the things he did for her in this episode were above and beyond and what he did to help Taiga feel good about herself and allowed her to go to the pool with everyone else. Even the pools scene in which Taiga landed in the middle of pool (Man Ami's got quite the arm) even though it was embarrassing he wanted to help Taiga save face in front of everyone especially Kitamura. Though i died laughing once Ryu did the deed and slipped the pad back in. I have no problem with the pacing of the series or Ryu and Taiga's relationship the development between the two is coming along very nicely.

Even Taiga had her moments with her apology for being vindictive (cant remember the exact word). She also handed the situation with Ami and Ryu very well by keeping Minorin out of the apartment. At this point Taiga and Ryu are very close and i think the build up to even that has been done well.

Plenty of other crazy nice parts in the episode. "Stop sexually harassing my mother" had to be one of my favorite lines in the episode lol. Minorin using Taiga as a weight was damn funny. Ami was her usually self this episode she almost had a win over Taiga but thanks to Ryu she failed once again. Im guessing her seductive looks towards Ryu were out of playfulness but im not counting on it yet i still think she has an interest in Ryu. Gotta love Taiga's greeting first thing in the morning "Your such a stupid bitch" LMAO oh god that floored me.

9/10

I get feeling things are really going to get moving now in the series.
Old 2008-11-14, 09:48   Link #58
Master Chibi
.: A bad doggy :.

This show just continues to blow me away.

Fantastic.

Updated once a week - http://pishi.wordpress.com/
Last updated - 5/30/10 - Random Manga Roulette!
Old 2008-11-14, 11:40   Link #59
typhonsentra

Holy crap, Crunchyroll got the episode up fast this time, what changed?
Old 2008-11-14, 20:19   Link #60
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Just watch the episode ! I was wrong .... ^^ ! Lol poor taiga !!! Next a sports contest ^^ Minorin is amazing ^^
Closed Thread