AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2007-11-10, 19:13   Link #381
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by lua thien View Post
Well, the Crimson Lords are named after mythological demons and the serpent might be analogous to Satan (king of demons and ruler of Hell). Since demons can't defeat Satan, thus the Crimson Lords can't beat the Snake of the Festival?
I don't know, I always figured his name would be some form of Yamata no Orochi if it wasn't a human's.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 19:25   Link #382
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Quote:
Well, the Crimson Lords are named after mythological demons and the serpent might be analogous to Satan (king of demons and ruler of Hell). Since demons can't defeat Satan, thus the Crimson Lords can't beat the Snake of the Festival?
That isn't totally consistent, since other Crimson Kings (Friagne, for example) are named after angels. But I agree there's something fishy there and have my theories.

Firstly, why are the Crimson Kings here to "keep the balance"? Surely, with the rather condescending view some of the Crimson Kings have for humans (I mean, Serei no Hebi appears unusual in his compassion for humanity) it strikes me odd they would be here for the welfare of humanity. Issues of "balance" are also of concern - while it makes sense that if enough people disappear soon enough, normal humans will doubt the legitimacy of the world, but that leads to what and why? Worst thing that could happen is people learn of the Crimson World.

My original idea was that Al/Marco/Tia/Beth are not benevolent folks at all, but have an alterior motive for infiltrating the mortal realm. Typical of devils, or hunters, they would allow the weak to enter a playing field, track them down and kill them. I had thought Serei no Hebi wanted to limit this "game of theirs".

One must especially aware of the intentions of previous Tomogara - though they care nothing for humans, they care for each other quite a lot and their interests are often relateable (though it's a stretch for the incest twins).

So...perhaps Ball Masque are the heroes of this story?
Malintex_Terek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 19:54   Link #383
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

That would mean Yuji's body is still a good guy
Old 2007-11-10, 19:58   Link #384
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Send a message via AIM to minhtam1638
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malintex_Terek View Post
That isn't totally consistent, since other Crimson Kings (Friagne, for example) are named after angels. But I agree there's something fishy there and have my theories.

Firstly, why are the Crimson Kings here to "keep the balance"? Surely, with the rather condescending view some of the Crimson Kings have for humans (I mean, Serei no Hebi appears unusual in his compassion for humanity) it strikes me odd they would be here for the welfare of humanity. Issues of "balance" are also of concern - while it makes sense that if enough people disappear soon enough, normal humans will doubt the legitimacy of the world, but that leads to what and why? Worst thing that could happen is people learn of the Crimson World.

My original idea was that Al/Marco/Tia/Beth are not benevolent folks at all, but have an alterior motive for infiltrating the mortal realm. Typical of devils, or hunters, they would allow the weak to enter a playing field, track them down and kill them. I had thought Serei no Hebi wanted to limit this "game of theirs".

One must especially aware of the intentions of previous Tomogara - though they care nothing for humans, they care for each other quite a lot and their interests are often relateable (though it's a stretch for the incest twins).

So...perhaps Ball Masque are the heroes of this story?
In other words, you're saying that Yashichiro Takahashi is the Japanese equivalent of Edgar Allen Poe.
minhtam1638 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 20:03   Link #385
Sterling01
霊夢→デレ

You got admit that would be a unexpected plot twist
Old 2007-11-10, 21:02   Link #386
Masanori Ota
It's Horo, not Han Solo.

And I'd have a new author to idolize. Lord, please let it be true!
Old 2007-11-10, 22:04   Link #387
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sterling01 View Post
I only know of one that's in Japaneses and it doesn't have 16 up yet
well I guess that's good enough I'd rather have an english one, and if anyone no's an english one pls tell me, but for now could you plz post the link.

Quote:
Originally Posted by minhtam2448 View Post
In other words, you're saying that Yashichiro Takahashi is the Japanese equivalent of Edgar Allen Poe.
....That would make Takahashi a writer who ripped off Edger Allen Poe, not a Japanese Edger Allen Poe.

I'm assumming that Sairei No Hebi has all of Yuji's memories, and everything so maybe he's in love with Shana, or sumthin =P, i'm sure you've all heard the saying every powerful king needs a good queen behind him, or it goes sumthin like that
DeotoxSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 22:08   Link #388
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
....That would make Takahashi a writer who ripped off Edger Allen Poe, not a Japanese Edger Allen Poe.
It's impossible to rip Poe's work. It just is. Edgar Allen Poe was an anti-romanticist, which is an author that tends to write endings pertaining to reality, usually bad endings. I'm just saying that Takahashi might be on that same road. (We hope not)
Old 2007-11-10, 22:11   Link #389
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

I'm not quite getting the Poe reference exactly, which poem/story would an inversion of the percieved heroes/villains would what I suggested have been borrowed from? Usher? Tell tale? Raven? Black Cat? Gold Bug?
Old 2007-11-10, 22:18   Link #390
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
I'm not quite getting the Poe reference exactly, which poem/story would an inversion of the percieved heroes/villains would what I suggested have been borrowed from? Usher? Tell tale? Raven? Black Cat? Gold Bug?
Read the post before yours were talking in general if you want a specific one sumone'll have 2 look it up on wiki, or sumwhere.
Old 2007-11-10, 22:46   Link #391
lua thien
Fallen Exile

Quote:
It's impossible to rip Poe's work. It just is. Edgar Allen Poe was an anti-romanticist, which is an author that tends to write endings pertaining to reality, usually bad endings. I'm just saying that Takahashi might be on that same road. (We hope not)

Well, Poe did write a romantic poem called Annabel Lee, so there are some exceptions to his common writing theme.
lua thien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-10, 23:49   Link #392
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Well, Poe did write a romantic poem called Annabel Lee, so there are some exceptions to his common writing theme.
True, but most of his works aren't like that one... maybe we should get off this topic this is a SNS Novel thread not an Edgar Allen Poe thread.
Old 2007-11-10, 23:50   Link #393
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
True, but most of his works aren't like that one... maybe we should get off this topic this is a SNS Novel thread not an Edgar Allen Poe thread.
You know, it'd be easier to talk about the SnS novel if we had some more spoilers or a plot summary.
Old 2007-11-11, 00:43   Link #394
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
You know, it'd be easier to talk about the SnS novel if we had some more spoilers or a plot summary.
you're appealing to nothing but empty space I'm afraid.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 02:36   Link #395
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Spoilers are appearing all over Yotsuba. What's the likelihood of them being accurate?
Old 2007-11-11, 09:18   Link #396
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Spoilers are appearing all over Yotsuba. What's the likelihood of them being accurate?
I guess 50/50, can u give us some of those rumors.
Old 2007-11-11, 13:34   Link #397
Malintex_Terek
Mahjong Triple Pro

Spoiler for err:
Old 2007-11-11, 14:10   Link #398
Kyuusaisha

Quote:
Spoiler for err:
That's something I really doubt, I mean she seems like the person who'd go to any lengths to be with him. I think this is just what someone was hoping would happen (as there are quite alot of Kazumi haters) .
Kyuusaisha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-11, 14:21   Link #399
DeotoxSlayer

Quote:
Spoiler for err:
I myself am hoping that is what happens not because I hate Kazumi, but because I want Yuji, ans Shana to be together, and we still don't know who he'll chose.
Old 2007-11-11, 15:07   Link #400
minhtam1638
Missing In Action

Quote:
I myself am hoping that is what happens not because I hate Kazumi, but because I want Yuji, ans Shana to be together, and we still don't know who he'll chose.
I thought we took care of this problem already.

Tags
dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, romance, seinen, shounen