AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2009-12-07, 19:44   Link #81
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
Ah The Brave Little Toaster, the almost-Pixar film that ended Lasseter's career at Disney. Truly an underappreciated film whose dark tones (the song 'Worthless' is a wonderfully macabre song sung by a group of rusty cars as they are being crushed to death) have kept it from receiving the popular acclaim it deserves (the film had plenty of critical acclaim, it just never really received an audience).
you guys just mentioning that movie sent chills down my spine. I remember I was like 7 or 8 and HOLYSHIT this is what you call great animation with real characters and oh man.... just amazing. I also love the electric blanket, he makes me happy.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 02:43   Link #82
Full Metal Coast
-Gantzer-

Location: Perth, Western Australia - Down Where The City Meets The Sea
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post

I was watching this movie with a couple of friends of mine . And despite out drunken state all of us wanted to sign up for Gun-Fu . heck we had planned to shoot some pinball today

Equilibrium : Yeah its a rip off The Matrix but the action sequences are to die for . What ever you wanted Matrix 2,3 to be this movie fills the void . I had come across the movie couple of times in Redbox selection but had avoided it due to the poster/cover .

This has to be most underrated action movies out there . It has some guffaws with Bale trying to be a Neo Version 2.0 . The plot is not deep or provocative , it doesn't make you think how would it be . The first 20-25 minutes are a snore fest . The major negative in this movie has to be lack of an engrossing storyline and good antagonist . But it more than makes up with action sequences .

Though there is one wardrobe malfunction at the end with Bale choosing to wear a peon costume . But the Katana slashes make up for this . This movie probably got lost in the wave of movies inspired by Matrix . But if its pure entertainment your looking for than this is the movie for you

yes i definitely second this as a very underrated movie
Old 2009-12-08, 07:55   Link #83
xKeen

The movie I liked a lot is Men of honor.Racist elements but its all good.No one really knows about that show,I really recommend it.

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 14:38   Link #84
The Master
*Author

Kamikaze Girls, Fine Totally Fine and Turtles are Surprisingly Fast Swimmers, all under rated all brilliant.
Old 2009-12-08, 16:35   Link #85
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Major Pain, majorly funny and underrated.
Old 2009-12-08, 19:00   Link #86
Bradical
Godly Wolves manager

The butterfly effect - Ashton Kutcher
I personally liked the theory of being able to change time and make alternate realities, it kinda bothers me why this film got a negative reception :s
Bradical is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:41   Link #87
xKeen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
Major Pain, majorly funny and underrated.
Hey I liked that a lot xD

Credits to Pellissier~
xKeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-08, 21:48   Link #88
Dakota
disregard that (″°-°)ﺩ-

Send a message via AIM to Dakota Send a message via MSN to Dakota
Zombie Strippers.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0960890/
Old 2009-12-09, 01:18   Link #89
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:

Franklyn this movie makes you dwell into the deep mysteries of human mind . Disturbing thoughtful yet meaningful Cinema which doesn't bore you . The actress Eva Green deserves a special mention for bringing to life a dark brooding suicidal character desperate for empathy . Loved her character and performance in this movie .

Trailer : http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=08Nj6a8U2uk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bradical View Post
The butterfly effect - Ashton Kutcher . I personally liked the theory of being able to change time and make alternate realities, it kinda bothers me why this film got a negative reception :s
Same here its a wonderful movie . Till that point of time, I always had the perception Kutcher was a joke and still is . But his performance stands out in this movie .

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2009-12-09 at 01:33.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-09, 11:46   Link #90
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
The film is a coming-of-age tale concerning Rashad, played by rap artist T.I. in his film debut, and his friends in their final year in high school and on the verge of adulthood.
I was surprised at how much I enjoyed ATL. I think it gets passed over when it comes to the general viewing audience due to multiple rappers headlining(Tip "T.I." Harris and Andre "Big Boi" Patton). Plus, the cast are full of unknowns, the most notable faces are Keith David(who does animation and video game voice-overs nowadays), Mykelti Williamson(Bubba from Forrest Gump), and Jason Weaver(TJ from the mid-90s sitcom Smart Guy). It's generally light-hearted, and while end is kinda tacky, I enjoyed the interactions between the characters and was surprised at how decently doen it was.

From a professional critic point of view, Roger Ebert called it "warm" and praising the screenplay's "unforced, genuine affection for its characters." He gave it 3 out 4 stars.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-12, 16:02   Link #91
Nosauz

surfing Tv Tropes, I remeber now that Secret of Nym was one of my favorites, although not really loved by the public this moving is great, it features a touching story that makes my giny tingle. Sike but still it's a great movie and a real mature take on western animation, it features complex characters that are not just ideals born by the script writer. Instead the animals show their "humanity" more than the actual people featured in the movie.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 06:16   Link #92
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Boondocks Saints and Vicky Christina Barcelona . Both movies were a pleasant surprise . Will post an more an elaborate summary when I am less caffeinated =)
Old 2010-01-03, 15:54   Link #93
james0246

Another good animated feature that went well beyond the Disney pulp (though the recent Princess and the Frog was a delightful reinvention of many of the classic Disney themes and motifs, all while taking a slightly more serious attitude and grimness to the story) was Monster House. This fun children's film does not belittle or in any way ignore the seriousness of childhood or the potential of a child's mind to grasp and understand serious stories (not that Monster House is too serious). Rather, it confronted the situations of death and grieving head on, while telling a classic bildungsroman. It certainly helps that the film is nicely animated (there is some great facial animation, and some wonderfully realized character twitches/slight body movements) with some very good voice acting.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-03 at 16:07.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 17:47   Link #94
Nostalgia
We're so far gone

Send a message via Yahoo to Nostalgia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zu Ra View Post
Boondocks Saints and Vicky Christina Barcelona . Both movies were a pleasant surprise . Will post an more an elaborate summary when I am less caffeinated =)
I thought Vicky Christina Barcelona was pretty popular actually. Hm. I like both of those movies though.

I'd say The Machinist and The Butterfly Effect. I thought both were really good, darker films. And Candy, too.
Nostalgia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-03, 20:11   Link #95
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

The tag of ChickFlick and OscarFlick are pretty uninspiring to pick up the DVD . The last Oscar movie which was truly enjoyable and good was Crash .
Old 2010-01-11, 12:20   Link #96
james0246

Briefly...
36 Hours
Very good psychological thriller about a Nazi plot to kidnap an American soldier and convince him that WW-II has ended so that they may gain key information concerning the upcoming allied invasion of France (D-Day). Very well acted and directed film, 36 Hours is a delightfully entertaining film that plumes the depths of a medical drama (the set-up and routine used to try and break James Garner's character is quite well thought out) while at the same time being a fun and exciting espionage thriller. Eve Marie Saint is especially interesting as a Jewish concentration camp internee who, so desperate to not return to the camps, is willing to work with her captors to try and entrap James Garner. Rod Taylor is also very good as the German psychiatrist that develops the techniques needed to "break" Garner. The film gets a bit...iffy near the end, but the perfomences still manage to carry through the few mistakes. If you like this lost gem, I would encourage all to look for The Americanization of Emily, a companion piece to this film, although from a comedic standpoint .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-01-11 at 12:49.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-11, 12:30   Link #97
ac3y

Beautiful movie.
Old 2010-01-11, 17:05   Link #98
Vampire
Birth by Moonlight

Send a message via MSN to Vampire
Does Desperado count?
Spoiler for :
Old 2010-01-11, 20:02   Link #99
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Quote:
Originally Posted by ac3y View Post

Beautiful movie.
Always wanted to watch this movie from some time . Have heard exciting things about this movie but forget every time .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vampire View Post
Does Desperado count?
Spoiler for :

More than Desperado I would Say El Mariachi which is the prequel to Desperado. In terms of story telling and plot its in a league of its own . El Mariachi is a far superior movie to Desperado and its sequel . The best part is it was made under a budget of 7K , yep only 7K .

Summary

Last edited by Zu Ra; 2010-01-11 at 21:17.
Zu Ra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-12, 01:29   Link #100
milan kyuubi
Call me MK! :)
*Graphic Designer

Does this count?
Spoiler for ::
milan kyuubi is offline   Reply With Quote