AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2010-09-03, 17:02   Link #161
woodyfly

Anime haircut?

What exactly am I supposed to ask the barber when I want an anime/scene/asian type of texturized haircut?

Every barber seems to fk it up big time and it looks horrible. Are they supposed to use a razor instead of a scissor?
woodyfly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:13   Link #162
yoropa
Director

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
What exactly am I supposed to ask the barber when I want an anime/scene/asian type of texturized haircut?

Every barber seems to fk it up big time and it looks horrible. Are they supposed to use a razor instead of a scissor?
I would bring a collection of photos of the hairstyle from multiple angles to show them. References help. Also try to find a barber who would find this type of thing interesting over annoying.
yoropa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 17:15   Link #163
woodyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by yoropa View Post
I would bring a collection of photos of the hairstyle from multiple angles to show them. References help. Also try to find a barber who would find this type of thing interesting over annoying.
I do bring pictures. I also explained to him that I wanted lots of layers, short layers on the top and long layers on the bottom and to keep the length. I also said that I wanted it to look very choppy but thin. They always end up cutting it really lame.

I think the barbers just suck.... How do I go about finding a barber who specializes in these cuts?

And are these cuts supposed to be done with a razor?
Old 2010-09-03, 17:16   Link #164
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by woodyfly View Post
I do bring pictures. I also explained to him that I wanted lots of layers, short layers on the top and long layers on the bottom and to keep the length. I also said that I wanted it to look very choppy but thin. They always end up cutting it really lame.

I think the barbers just suck.... How do I go about finding a barber who specializes in these cuts?

And are these cuts supposed to be done with a razor?
The barbers you go to are probably lazy, or just don't want to go into these detailed "anime" cuts, finding it annoying and putting no effort. Also if it was to be precisely accurate, it would be done by scissors right?
Old 2010-09-03, 17:25   Link #165
woodyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooves View Post
The barbers you go to are probably lazy, or just don't want to go into these detailed "anime" cuts, finding it annoying and putting no effort. Also if it was to be precisely accurate, it would be done by scissors right?
The barber I saw today, took no longer than 5 minutes... Motherfucker just rushed through it

Next time I go to a salon, im gonnaask for a razor cut... see if it comes out better
Old 2010-09-03, 17:47   Link #166
Jinto
Asuki-tan Kairin ↓

If you don't have the hair for it (i.e. too thin) it doesn't work anyway.
Old 2010-09-03, 17:51   Link #167
woodyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jinto View Post
If you don't have the hair for it (i.e. too thin) it doesn't work anyway.
My hair should work.

It's thick and straight (asian hair)
Old 2010-09-03, 18:13   Link #168
Kudryavka

Bring some photos of whatever teenage heartthrobs are hot right now in East Asia (they usually have those short, layered, jet black, Asian looking hairstyles that I think you want). Try to learn names of specific hairstyles that may fit you; I think the Asian Mullet may be one choice you'd like. Maybe going to people who are experienced in dealing with Asian hair will help too. Maybe you could try going to your nearest Asiatown to get your next cut?
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-03, 18:27   Link #169
woodyfly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Komari View Post
Bring some photos of whatever teenage heartthrobs are hot right now in East Asia (they usually have those short, layered, jet black, Asian looking hairstyles that I think you want). Try to learn names of specific hairstyles that may fit you; I think the Asian Mullet may be one choice you'd like. Maybe going to people who are experienced in dealing with Asian hair will help too. Maybe you could try going to your nearest Asiatown to get your next cut?
Hmm thanks. I think I'll try the barber at chinatown ^^

Tags
beauty, health, style