Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2004-06-24, 20:00   Link #221
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Sin_
Be a nice victor and don't overdo it though because that might piss people off who are annoyed anyway that they lost ^_^''
I'm not overdoing it, for your information... I just found that it was a really good picture
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-24, 20:54   Link #222
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

A victory is a victory. England loses and gets the ticket back home. None of the excuses given so far is valid or legitimate. Everyone got an 'angle' on this sort of things. If you try to find excuses for everything, beware of ending up looking like the FA chief that calls an all-out 2-2 draw as a scam.

Today, the French plays the Greeks. I do not know about you all, but I much prefer a French cuisine getting eaten up by the Greeks. The Greeks may then pick up the Czech later and get booted out due to inability to pay.
Yebyosh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 09:33   Link #223
Bracken33

That was really a great match to watch.

I thought it couldnīt get any better then England vs Croatia or Netherlands vs Czech Republik. I was wrong.

Great tournament this is.
If you ask me they should have played for two more overtimes .

I think France vs Greece will not be as good. The difference in quality is probably to big.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 10:39   Link #224
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bracken33
I think France vs Greece will not be as good. The difference in quality is probably to big.
Let us all hope France is able to pull itself together for a change. The first three games weren't all that. A bit shamefull for the french team actually...
If they ever need to show Europe why they are the favorites for this tournament it's now.

If France has a good day, Greece is gonna get destroyed by them. If France has a bad day, they will somehow win with some lucky goal while the crowds are falling alseep ....

Sorry for the Greec, but I think this is as far as the ride goes. However I'd love it if they won ... but not likely at all
7thMethuselah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 11:00   Link #225
Lefteris_D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
I do not know about you all, but I much prefer a French cuisine getting eaten up by the Greeks. The Greeks may then pick up the Czech later and get booted out due to inability to pay.
We are not THAT poor

In any case, everyone knows how good France is but they all say that they hope for a miricle. Who knows? It might happen and then the French will eat some Greek cuisine

As I noted above I hope we win but I know we are going to loose. See you all tonight with possibly some good news(hope dies last).
Old 2004-06-25, 11:09   Link #226
Sun_Tze
I pity the foo!

Send a message via MSN to Sun_Tze Send a message via Yahoo to Sun_Tze
Well, good luck to Greece today... It would be cool if it was Portugal - Greece on the final, wasn't it?

Spoiler for Photos of England - Portugal match:

Second one is probably one of the strangest i ever saw.
Sun_Tze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 12:07   Link #227
Blaat

I find that quite unsportative of Costinha, very unsportative. I wouldn't be surprised if UEFA did something about it.

Oh well I loved the last picture though.

About today's match I'm not expecting something grand..
Blaat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 13:38   Link #228
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Location: "And if thou doest not well, _Sin_ lieth at the door."- Genesis 4:7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefteris_D
We are not THAT poor

In any case, everyone knows how good France is but they all say that they hope for a miricle. Who knows? It might happen and then the French will eat some Greek cuisine

As I noted above I hope we win but I know we are going to loose. See you all tonight with possibly some good news(hope dies last).
Well, I hope that Greece wins because it's not that unlikely that they will. I have already seen alot of favorites not making it to the quarter finals, so everything is possible. Since Turkey didn't even get qualify I will root for the Greek.

EDIT: Wooohooo! 1:0! What a great goal the Greek scored in the 65th minute. Who would have thought it possible? ^_^

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-06-25 at 16:06. Reason: Fixed a grammatical error
_Sin_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 16:07   Link #229
7thMethuselah

Eat that france !!!!!!!!

Greece - France 1 - 0

I wonder if they can keep it

Yes YES Yes they did it

Bye France

Last edited by 7thMethuselah; 2004-06-25 at 16:33.
Old 2004-06-25, 16:08   Link #230
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Quote:
Well, I hope that Greece wins because it's not that unlikely that they will. I have already seen alot of favorites not making it to the quarter finals, so everything is possible. Since Turkey didn't even get qualify I will root for the Greek.

EDIT: Wooohooo! 1:0! What a great goal the Greek scored in the 65th minute. Who would have thought it possible? ^_^
Oh yeah!!! Down you go!!! The Greeks are really having a nice French cuisine now indeeds. Let's hope that they hold on for the win! 20 minutes to go!
Old 2004-06-25, 16:14   Link #231
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yebyosh
Oh yeah!!! Down you go!!! The Greeks are really having a nice French cuisine now indeeds. Let's hope that they hold on for the win! 20 minutes to go!
I just hope the Greek don't back out of the offensive because they would just invite the French to shoot some goals. Nonetheless, the Greek defense is quite good - Kapsis comes to mind.

Sidenote: How old is the Goalie anyway? He got way too much grey hair - or is he just stressed out from all these games?

EDIT: Only 2 more minutes to go!

EDIT2: YAY! Underdog beats favorite ^_^ Congratulations, Greek

Last edited by _Sin_; 2004-06-25 at 16:33. Reason: Spelling is a skill I do not posess (<--deliberately misspelled :P )
Old 2004-06-25, 16:33   Link #232
Blaat

Pinch me...I'm dreaming....Greece in the semi finals :O
Old 2004-06-25, 16:37   Link #233
7thMethuselah

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
Pinch, well all in all it is not that surptising. France never seemed able to show it's true strength in this entire EC. And Greece showed some good matches (remember the opening game). Makes me review my opinion on Greece

PS Henri scared me about 2 minutes before the end..
Old 2004-06-25, 16:37   Link #234
Lefteris_D

France 0 - 1 Greece

I just won €200 from the bet I made

Quote:
Sidenote: How old is the Goalie anyway? He got way too much grey hair - or is he just stressed out from all these games?
Date of birth: 14.01.1971
Old 2004-06-25, 16:40   Link #235
Yebyosh
冤枉的小狗

Oh yes! This feels good. I had told my colleagues Portugal would beat England but they went on and on how England is much better, blah blah blah. Then today I said I felt Greeks would defeat a much overrated side and they decried it an impossibility! I wonder who has the last laugh now!

Still find it disgusting how the commentators find it hard to believe France can be defeated ("Biggest shock", "France displayed some blah blah blah"). It was done in the World Cup 2002, it is done in the Euro 2004. France is just overrated.
Old 2004-06-25, 16:40   Link #236
_Sin_
Member of the Year 2004!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blaat
One thing I like about football is that it is unpredictable. A team that was 1st in the World Championship yesterday, could lose to the dead last tomorrow. Also, the Greek did have a great trainer with the German Otto Rehhagel (FYI Charisteas plays in Germany too - as a reserve(!) )

Interesting tidbit: The German commentator said that the Greek commentator was freaking out and shouting after Greek scored a goal ^_^

EDIT:

Quote:
France 0 - 1 Greece

I just won €200 from the bet I made
You are quite a gambler to bet on a team which you said will lose anyway. But congratulations nonetheless ^_^

Quote:
Date of birth: 14.01.1971
Grey hairs with 33? Is that normal? Don't think so
Old 2004-06-25, 16:42   Link #237
Mcdonalds

lol damn, i thought greece might pull it off although i was more inclined to bet on a draw, oh well. Well i think the czech's will beat the greeks as they've shown throughout the tournament that they're willing to press and they're movement off the ball is great (plus they got jan koller who is 202cm and if you give the ball high to him accurately he CAN'T NOT win the header ^^). Well, i think that the czech's will win this tournament (hopefully my moneys on it) and that the dutch will join them
Mcdonalds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2004-06-25, 16:50   Link #238
7thMethuselah

Hmmm looks to me that the Netherlands, Czechia or Portugal have the best cards to win the EC now.
Let's hope it become the Netherlands
Old 2004-06-25, 16:50   Link #239
Blaat

I admit France is played awful the last few matches but I assumed they got lucky again. But I was wrong. Interesting Euro, all the big time favourites are out.

Notice how the countries with the big leagues are out e.g. England, France, Germany, Spain and Italy?
This is a trend that could continue...
Old 2004-06-25, 17:12   Link #240
Bracken33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Hmmm looks to me that the Netherlands, Czechia or Portugal have the best cards to win the EC now.
Let's hope it become the Netherlands
Donīt say that. The Netherlands champion, scary that is.
Nah, doesnīt really matter .

Quote:
Notice how the countries with the big leagues are out e.g. England, France, Germany, Spain and Italy?
Iīm happy a small country will win. Will be very deserved also. All the big teams more or less dissappointed with the exception of England probably.
Bracken33 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer