AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 63 42.86%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 43 29.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 11.56%
7 out of 10 : Good 9 6.12%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 2.04%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 1.36%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.36%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 8 5.44%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-12-12, 20:50   Link #81
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
Aoi's been the only one in this show to mostly stay "background", except for the first episode and the occasional helping Hinako moments. Then again, if Asami wasn't all sweetness and light, perhaps the moeblob is hiding something too. Next episode should be interesting, starting with the changed atmosphere. Whatever comes of the ending...well, here's hoping there's hope.
I was hoping for Aoi being the only one without a secret....
Old 2007-12-12, 20:54   Link #82
jayfoxpox

does anyone suspect the twins commiting suicide together? :O
I thought shuri was going to kill Asami but I guess that would be typical xD
I thought that last line from sana and shuu was so touching it brought me to tears T_T
Maybe sana and shuu also have a relationship .

going to be impressive for them to wrap so much drama in two more episodes , so I'm guessing someone is going to die >:P
Old 2007-12-12, 20:56   Link #83
UPR

Well I liked how they did not get Asami involved with Sana.

Why? finally something with no love triangle. It's rare to see a romance series with no other person involved to fight for there affection. We knew who the one's who are paired up. It's alot more interesting to see this instead of a love trianlge since we can see more drama. What I mean is when there is a love trianlge it focuses it on that and not much else. But, when ther is none other problems arise. Like here with Nanaka with fire and Sana and his mysterious past.

Am I happy the way they revealed and did this? no and yes. It could have been done better. But still im glad.
Old 2007-12-12, 21:31   Link #84
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

I think I'm not the only one who thought that Asami had a thing for Sana... that coupled with the lack of back story for Asami is probably what really threw people off...
Old 2007-12-12, 21:33   Link #85
Kang Seung Jae
神聖カルル帝国の 皇帝

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I think I'm not the only one who thought that Asami had a thing for Sana... that coupled with the lack of back story for Asami is probably what really threw people off...
That's probably it.

Although I could see signs of such feelings, the animators weren't very good at protraying it.
Old 2007-12-12, 21:34   Link #86
taelrak

I really liked how the anime didn't drag out the obvious conflicts (such as that old woman) but instead used them to develop the more interesting and deeper problems. So much foreshadowing was built up around that old woman that I had gotten the impression her story as an antagonist would be vital to the plot, but in fact, it turned out to be merely a stepping stone to something much better.

Same with the whole love triangle - there was so much build-up about Nanaka's jealousy over Asami, but when her real story emerged, it came as a shock and a welcome one at that, and became the catalyst for the twins' story.

Although, from another perspective, it may be because the writers simply didn't give enough hints or indication that these larger issues were emerging until too late for us to speculate?

Still, all in all, I'm liking where this anime's heading.
Old 2007-12-12, 21:52   Link #87
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Well I just finished the sub. I watched it expecting hellfire and brimstone, but what I actually ended up viewing was a pretty pleasant experience. The whole Asami = yuri thing was blown SOO out of proportion in this thread that it was completely overshadowed by the TRUE highlight of this episode -- the end. To put this in perspective, Sana probably won't be seeing the twins again for years to come. The fact that he parted ways with Shuu the same way that Shuu parted ways with him 5 years ago was probably the second most touching thing to appear on this series (the first being the end of episode 8). Sana's desperate chase with the bike, the BGM and Shuu's tears just floored me. Capped off with Sana worried that his message didn't get through and then the fading into the ED. I was mesmerized to the point of asking myself "Asami who? What yuri?". This episode gave me everything I have come to expect out of this series and I'm not gonna let one small plot development of someone who was essentially a secondary character up to this point ruin this moment for me. Perfect 10.
Old 2007-12-12, 21:55   Link #88
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

IMO, the overall story telling of this show so far is very poor... Kimikiss is turning out to be a much better show. I wonder why theres no forum for it? oh well
Old 2007-12-12, 22:06   Link #89
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
To put this in perspective, Sana probably won't be seeing the twins again for years to come..
With two episodes left there is still time for the twins to "return" and maybe even do the dramatic leave the moving train scene. So I wouldn't count them out of the story yet. Granted depending on how they handles things will determine how "rushed" a return would be. Either way regardless of if/when they return it would be nice if we could see what they are doing for the epilogue. Which should come after dealing with Nanaka then Sana angst. Heck maybe Sana and Nanaka angst will play off each other causing both stories to be resolved together or maybe not.

As for Asami having watched the episode both raw and subbed, I can say the scene was a bit surprising. However it's not the type of surprise that's impossible for me to swallow. It's just the key is remembering things are always out in the open. Still perhaps more time to flesh it out would have been more effective.

Last edited by Tatiana Razajev; 2007-12-12 at 22:17.
Old 2007-12-12, 22:14   Link #90
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tatiana Razajev View Post
With two episodes left there is still time for the twins to "return" and maybe even do the dramatic leave the moving train scene. So I wouldn't count them out of the story yet. Either way regardless of if/when they return it would be nice if we could see what they are doing for the epilogue. Which should come after dealing with Nanaka then Sana angst. Heck maybe Sana and Nanaka angst will play off each other causing both stories to be resolved together or maybe not.
What you say is true. There are many circumstances that would allow the twins to return for at least a visit (I'm still crossing my fingers and hoping that Sana proposes to Nanaka ). Regardless of what happens, I'm 99.99% sure that we'll see the twins again. Either through them returning, or showing a small scene of them in London. As for Sana and Nanaka, yeah I was kind of thinking of a similar scenario. Nanaka's suffering finally forces Sana to reveal his past to her.
Old 2007-12-12, 22:16   Link #91
puretsundere
Tachibana Isana

Personally, I loved this episode. To me the end was very emotional and touching. For Sana to be in the same place as Shuu was five years ago when he left was a perfect end for the episode. Sana must be shape to run all the way to the train station and to keep up with the train. The Asami lesbian thing really surprised me and I'm completely shocked that she sent the letter. That being said, I can't bear to dislike or hate her for that. I know what she did wasn't right, but I still feel sorry for her.

Again no Hinako. Very little Nanaka. Very little Aoi. 1 point deduction.

Still, I can't wait for the last two episodes.
Old 2007-12-12, 22:17   Link #92
Saleh
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPR View Post
Well I liked how they did not get Asami involved with Sana.

Why? finally something with no love triangle. It's rare to see a romance series with no other person involved to fight for there affection. We knew who the one's who are paired up. It's alot more interesting to see this instead of a love trianlge since we can see more drama. What I mean is when there is a love trianlge it focuses it on that and not much else. But, when ther is none other problems arise. Like here with Nanaka with fire and Sana and his mysterious past.

Am I happy the way they revealed and did this? no and yes. It could have been done better. But still im glad.
Aoi is still there if they want to throw love triangle relationship at last moment. Everyone doesn't make Bentō for their relatives and Aoi blushes alot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
I was hoping for Aoi being the only one without a secret....
I was hoping for a peaceful ending, a concert, Nanaka's playing that piece again, simple bond of admiration & understanding between Asami and Syuri (since both of them are very similar) not Yuri. But then one has to realize that they are desperately trying to promote their product so they would go for a story that will get a lot of attention (even though it wasn't necessary).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
That's probably it.

Although I could see signs of such feelings, the animators weren't very good at protraying it.
I agree but perhaps they deliberately did it. Everything so far has been fairly pridictable but since it wasn't portrayed very well, many didn't expect the plots. Makes me think if script writer and animators aren't of same calibre (or even close) as scenario writer which made them drag down a very good scenario with them or it maybe because of budget. Rushing everything at last moment isn't helping either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimkill7 View Post
I was under the impression that the anime story was original content not to be in the game. [/SPOILER]
There are few very interesting things about Nanaka's nature that they haven't given out in game spoilers or anime.
Old 2007-12-12, 22:57   Link #93
Chewy

Did anyone else find it strange when Sana just stood up in the middle of Asami's speech to look out the window ? As if he was deep in thought himself and thinking about something far away. Maybe his own tortured past has something to with what Asami was talking about at the time (malicious thoughts against classmates and teacher... etc) ?
Old 2007-12-12, 23:09   Link #94
Kakosan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewy View Post
Did anyone else find it strange when Sana just stood up in the middle of Asami's speech to look out the window ? As if he was deep in thought himself and thinking about something far away. Maybe his own tortured past has something to with what Asami was talking about at the time (malicious thoughts against classmates and teacher... etc) ?
Yes, it also caught my attention. I was wondering why he reacted like that.
Old 2007-12-12, 23:14   Link #95
mrboldy

Man i was hoping they would make this anime into 20-25 episode instead of 13, anyway great episode i hope they don't screw up on the last two episodes lol
Old 2007-12-12, 23:21   Link #96
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
I couldn't give this episode anything higher than a 1. Even with the ending of the episode trying to save it, it couldn't from the absolutely horrible first 2/3's...
Old 2007-12-12, 23:46   Link #97
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

If a film critic were to watch this show, it'll definately receive a horrid rating for story telling and structure.
Old 2007-12-12, 23:52   Link #98
Tatiana Razajev
Karen

Send a message via AIM to Tatiana Razajev
Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
If a film critic were to watch this show, it'll definately receive a horrid rating for story telling and structure.
Then again to be fair I'd suspect film critics would give most shows save for ones with high class stuffy auras an F.... Make of that what you will, but it's how I feel.
Old 2007-12-12, 23:56   Link #99
kimchipride
Geass User

Wow

One of the best M;Y episodes. It is probably as good as M;Y 8. A shocking truth about Asami and the end of the episode was packed with drama. tehe. This was a great episode and M;Y will probably get better.
Old 2007-12-13, 00:06   Link #100
KholdStare
ISML Technical Staff
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via AIM to KholdStare Send a message via MSN to KholdStare
So, that was totally unexpected, yet I didn't feel like it had Asami's story had that much of an impact. Her speech almost bored me (it wasn't too long, but I just didn't like how she showed her evil side and Sana was just like...that's okay, the true you is wonderfully good!). However, the ending was totally excellent, and that BGM music is like, godly fitting and wonderful. It wasn't as epic as episode 8 to me, but a great one nonetheless. I can see that people's feelings are split between good and bad, and none really stood in the middle. This was a 9/10 from me.

And this will be the first time I'll make a reference to School Days (omg?). I also remember that during the late episodes of School Days I couldn't see how they would wrap things up...and they did it well, just not to my taste. Nothing's impossible in two episodes, and since this series has surprised me before, I'll give it a shot at surprising me again.
Closed Thread