AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-05-10, 05:46   Link #241
Kitsu
The unlucky one

Quote:
Shannon and Kanon are considered weapons of a sort but they have black eyes.
Na~ I don't think so. They are human/furniture. both always say that at some point. Also they are not "magical beings" like Ronove or the stakes. Actually they are human with a weird complex.
But the time he appeared after his death(? was he really dead..who knows) Kanon was shown in the second Episode, he had red eyes
Old 2009-05-10, 07:01   Link #242
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Anyway the whole concept of the eye color is not something that is officially stated, it's more something that the fan base came up with. It is certainly true that "evil" characters have red eyes, but it is not certain that this is an important part of the plot or if it's just a way Ryukishi uses to make a character look more evil. In the latter case is certainly not mandatory for animation studio to stick with it.

Old 2009-05-11, 15:57   Link #243
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Anyway the whole concept of the eye color is not something that is officially stated, it's more something that the fan base came up with. It is certainly true that "evil" characters have red eyes, but it is not certain that this is an important part of the plot or if it's just a way Ryukishi uses to make a character look more evil. In the latter case is certainly not mandatory for animation studio to stick with it.
If red symbolizes evil beings then why do Virgilia and Beatrice have blue eyes? There's also Lambda who has orange eyes (although they seem to become more eviller and red when she goes into psycho crazy mode) and Bern who has purple. Is it because they're witches maybe?
Old 2009-05-11, 17:27   Link #244
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jan-Poo View Post
Sakutarou (probably) isn't evil either.
Old 2009-05-11, 17:48   Link #245
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
Sakutarou (probably) isn't evil either.
True.

I think red eyes just represents demons. Like Sakutarou is a demon but not a necessarily evil one. It also can explain why Beatrice for example has blue eyes and not red.
Old 2009-05-12, 03:26   Link #246
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

But not all the demons, since Ronove -who's one of the 72 goetic demons- has blue eyes too.

But I'm not fussed about eyecolors to be honest. Until they gonna imply it in the game, there's some significance in the eyecolor, the animation could change it freely for all that I care. There's no reason to be so tight about it (yet at least...).

Last edited by izmosmolnar; 2009-05-12 at 04:35.
Old 2009-05-12, 06:57   Link #247
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

well okay, it appears red is neither for evil nor demonic characters, even more reason to disbelieve the theory that eye colors are important.

Old 2009-05-12, 09:11   Link #248
maximilianjenus
[E]

red might be for the supernatural chaarcters that are non existant in the real world so characters like beatrice-maria, virgilia-kumasawa, ronove-ronoue get a different eye color; but kanon breaks that theory.
Old 2009-05-12, 09:12   Link #249
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

I believe that the eye colors are absolutely unimportant and serve nothing to the story. :|
Old 2009-05-12, 10:43   Link #250
momobunny
◔ ◡ ◔
*Artist

Lambda's eyes are light brown, not orange. And I don't think the eye colors are THAT important, they may have some significance or symbolize something... but they don't seem to be that important. Also people have already been listing "exceptions to the rules" involving this...

Anyway I don't really want Jessica to have blue eyes, I mean... it's just so common now. A blond haired and blue eyed person is likely to be in almost every anime these days. Beatrice already fits into this category... I think it would have been better to give Jessica brown eyes or something.

Old 2009-05-12, 11:03   Link #251
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesie View Post
I believe that the eye colors are absolutely unimportant and serve nothing to the story. :|
I second this statement :|

But I bet it will resurface when the next promo picture comes out and more blue eyes show up -shot-
Old 2009-05-12, 14:34   Link #252
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

They might just give all the Ushiromiya's blue eyes, simply because they're all related . (family)

To be honest, and now that I think of it, the only reason I was pushing for grey/dark grey eye's is because I think it looks cool. Eheheh... </embarassed>

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-05-12 at 19:48.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:09   Link #253
Rias

I don't see how eye color is actually revelant to anything, but for more discrepancies,

Goldsmith has black eyes and he's hardly human.
Old 2009-05-12, 19:40   Link #254
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marion View Post
But I bet it will resurface when the next promo picture comes out and more blue eyes show up -shot-
You are highly mistaken, Marion, the eye color topic will die down because next would be how 'the butterflies are flying the wrong way.'

I'm looking forward to see how Battler would do his Phoenix Wright pose, it'll either come off as epic, or comical at least.

Even more, Kanon x Jessica being my favourite pairing, I hope to see their story pulled off superbly.
Old 2009-05-12, 20:29   Link #255
Marion
The Great Dine

Quote:
You are highly mistaken, Marion, the eye color topic will die down because next would be how 'the butterflies are flying the wrong way.'

I'm looking forward to see how Battler would do his Phoenix Wright pose, it'll either come off as epic, or comical at least.

Even more, Kanon x Jessica being my favourite pairing, I hope to see their story pulled off superbly.
Not before the "man these seiyuus suck" epidemic comes along.

:awesome: So terrible.

Well Battler already gave that pose in the promotional picture. Now we just need to see how it gets animated.
Old 2009-05-12, 21:18   Link #256
kiki_natsumi-chan
Battler follower

Send a message via MSN to kiki_natsumi-chan
Quote:
I know a person who might just do that.

But, I mean, I guess the fans are so used to seeing the characters (except magical ones) with dark eyes, so it was odd that they would just pop up with blue eyes.

Although I don't really mind. xD; Until it's said that the eye color are super important to solving the mystery, it doesn't really matter. xD;
Old 2009-05-12, 22:28   Link #257
Leo_Otaku
Rewrite of the Life

Send a message via AIM to Leo_Otaku Send a message via MSN to Leo_Otaku
Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post

But, I mean, I guess the fans are so used to seeing the characters (except magical ones) with dark eyes, so it was odd that they would just pop up with blue eyes.

Although I don't really mind. xD; Until it's said that the eye color are super important to solving the mystery, it doesn't really matter. xD;
Well Ange's eyes are blue so I think that is where the relation is made upjust my thoughts >.>
Old 2009-05-13, 01:53   Link #258
cheesie
Dame Cheesie
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiki_natsumi-chan View Post
I wish that person the best of luck, as it doesn't sound like he or she'll enjoy the anime much, does it? I hope I'm not the only one who wishes to see this form of extreme elitism kept out of the anime threads as much as possible when the anime airs. Personally, I think the new viewers are extremely lucky in the sense that they're able to experience the story, get traumatized by the plot twists and hang on for dear life along the ride, all on full screen.
Old 2009-05-13, 02:17   Link #259
chronotrig

まぁまぁ, I also hope everyone gives the anime a chance. Ryuukishi picked a story that'll be really hard to turn into an anime, so everyone should give the creators some leeway if they don't adapt it exactly the way you want. Let's not take the little art details too seriously, as long as they can get the story across right.

That said, they've got a huge responsibility in adapting this thing. No one's ever going to remake the first season of Higurashi, even though they left out nearly half of the important parts of the story. They only get one shot at this. This season will probably be much better now that the series has picked up so much support, but that doesn't stop us from being able to hold them to a high standard.

www.witch-hunt.com Theory page
Old 2009-05-13, 06:47   Link #260
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

I'm really curious to know how they will recreate the "red truth" on the anime. Unfortunately we'll probably need to wait from one to two additional months before seeing it °°;

Closed Thread