AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2018-07-15, 22:51   Link #41
moridin84
Custom User Title

I wasn't interested in watching it initially since the front page with a kid, maid and cat made it seem like a kid show but then I learned it was by Satoshi Mizukami. I couldn't not watch it then.

So far it seems pretty interesting. The setting feels a little similar to biscuit hammer, though I can't say the main character and maid really appeal to me.
moridin84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-15, 22:59   Link #42
Wandering Soul

So right now this is shaping up to be a conflict between at least 3 different factions. Torai's group is the one whose viewpoint we've seen things through, but there is no doubt more to all of this.
Old 2018-07-15, 23:18   Link #43
Applehell

Not a fan of the OP nor am I not entirely sold the CGI either, but plot continues to intrigue. I was expecting Kuroi to get caught this early, and instead draw out the hero of week form a bit longer, but this is good.
Applehell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 01:44   Link #44
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

*checks official website*
F***, it's 1-cour only. *jumps off a bridge*

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 02:42   Link #45
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
*checks official website*
F***, it's 1-cour only. *jumps off a bridge*
As long as Mizukami knew going in how much time he had, I'm not worried. He can do magical things with a few chapters worth of material.
Guardian Enzo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 04:50   Link #46
4th Dimension

This episode was acually better IMO art wise. I feel like there is quite a bit more color this time.
So yeah, while this could easily get dropped by me later, it's sentence has been posponed for another episode to see where this goes.

And yeah, I'm not too trusting on the whole maid's explanation.

Join Midchilda Discord server - a Nanoha community server
4th Dimension is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 04:53   Link #47
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
As long as Mizukami knew going in how much time he had, I'm not worried. He can do magical things with a few chapters worth of material.
Let's hope so, Mizukami may famous for his short works but writing anime and manga is different business after all.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 04:56   Link #48
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oberstein View Post
Let's hope so, Mizukami may famous for his short works but writing anime and manga is different business after all.
Well, he's writing this as a manga. He just had the whole thing storyboarded before he started.
Old 2018-07-16, 10:57   Link #49
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
This is at least 2-cour, right? There is no way this could be 1-cour.
It's good, it's so good...

Spoiler for ep2:
About the shadowy figure in the ED...

Spoiler for Speculation based on the cast list:
Old 2018-07-16, 17:07   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

I liked how quickly the "antagonists" mobilised against Soya. Reminds me of the Phantom Troupe arc where Kurapika very quickly hit a wall after killing Uvogin. But all the characters so far have been portrayed as nice guys (except for Shiraishi - she looks really shifty) so I wonder if we're gonna get a "Golden Sun" scenario where they eventually find common ground and band together to fight the real enemy. But I do hope that whatever the issue is, there is a good reason why communication wasn't an option.

On another note, I'm guessing there might be more drama between Miu and Haru after this episode. Haru seems to rely on her supernatural power to give herself meaning but now that its lost it looks like she might have to find a better solution to her problem. Probably ties into what the maid said about hoping humanity chooses love over power or whatever the hell she said.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-16, 18:30   Link #51
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

What I find intriguing is that Haru acts all shy and reserved in real life but in Miu's vision/flashback, she seemed really strong and cheerful. She was portrayed as Miu's equal too, whereas she seems more like her follower in real life. Something definitely happened between those two. Maybe Haru injured Miu during a match and she's felt guilty ever since?

Another character I'm interested in is the class rep (I dare you to tell me her name without looking it up) and how she'll fit into the story.
Old 2018-07-16, 18:34   Link #52
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

"Megane-sama".
Old 2018-07-22, 12:56   Link #53
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That was a close one. Sensei and Soya almost ended up being vaporized.

We found out the origin of the Superheroes' powers, and why Soya absolutely wants to take those bottles back. I think it's certain that Sensei is a good guy now. He seems to genuinely care about Soya and he feels guilty about what happened to his planet. His excellency, on the other hand, will probably turn out to be a villain and the one who gave the power of the dragon to the Earthlings so they will destroy themselves.

We were also introduced to Nezuya in this episode. He's so lame he's actually cool.

It was Haru's turn for some self introspection this time. Gave us some insight into her character.
Old 2018-07-22, 13:56   Link #54
4th Dimension

I started down on this show. But I'm quite starting to like it.

I wonder what Haru's hangup was given that her text said "nobody is afraid of you". I'm guessing that before the met Miu she was a bit of a seemingly violent loner who scared people. Which would explain her obsession with her.

I'd actually not like it if the dogs turn out to be doing their job unethically. By giving power to destroy themselves to potentially problematic planets to justify their pacification. Because so far they kinda may have a point vis a vis destruction vs. stagnation.

But the secretary DEFINITELY is on the entire thing. She is definitely working for the dragon. I'm only wondering if boss is conscious of the fate that awaits the world if they continue using their power. He is power hungry, but so far he doesn't seem ready to destroy a world for it.

PS: I totally called it to myself that the "Book guy" is some sort of idiot given that he kept holding the book UPSIDE DOWN! I'm not sure he can even read. And his dad was probably not the smartest lightbulb given the comment about how his father "wanted to be a lawyer". Then again it could just be that he had to take over the brewery.

PPS: Wonder why he was picked for the God Armor given his lack of mental faculties, and that he didn't excatly wow us in that fight.

PPPS: Wonder why he got knocked out. Was it because he wasn't in the God Armor, or was it because he failed his test?

Old 2018-07-22, 14:53   Link #55
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Kinda cheap that Team Soya had such a "get out card". I was hoping for the plot to take a bit of twist. But otherwise it's another solid episode. Ironically I've warmed up to Soya quite a bit despite him not showing the best side of himself in that fight but I guess that's mostly down to the fact that we have more of a background on him.

So it turns out the sentai warriors (they probably have a name but I can't remember) are using the same "dragon" power that destroyed Soya's planet. Now the real questions:
1) How did Soya's world get the dragon power?
2) How did Earth get the dragons power?
3) How exactly does the dragons power lead to world destruction?
4) Why doesn't Nebula communicate the fact that the Sentai warriors are using something so dangerous?

I'm suspecting some kind of conspiracy going on here: my guess is that there may be an evil faction hidden in Nebula (who may or may not be Snoopy The Dog) that is planting this power as a pretext for invasion and destruction. We also got a pretty blatant hint about Shiraishi this episode. So blatant that I'm now expecting it to be Red Herring.

Some down time was nice too. Nezuya's quite the amusing character. Alas, i was hoping that they were going for some kind of Hidden Badass thing but it turns out he is a bit of a weak link after all.

On a side note, I laughed really hard when Sensei did his "NYA NYA NYA NYA" call for help in the fight scene, because I instantly recognised Rikiya Koyama's voice. I mean I've heard him do comedy before but still. I can only wonder what he was thinking when he got the script for this role. He's committed to say the least.
Old 2018-07-22, 16:01   Link #56
4th Dimension

I'm assuming they aren't saying anything because the problem isn't just the dragon power but inherent thirst of humanity for power and fighting. Like the director is clearly motivated by his thirst for power, maybe even for a good cause, but that quite possibly wasn't caused by the dragon power.

What I mean to say is, if it wasn't dragon power, it will eventually be something else that will tempt humanity. Hell even if warned, we are likely to think that we can control it. It's not like this is the first potentially world ending weapon we exploited for power.

Basically this in some way Nebula has been grading humanity on how likely are we to cause trouble with out behaviour and how likely are we to grow out of it.
This dragon power is just one potential crisis that could happen due to our nature.
Or as others have pointed out, it might be that we are LITERALLY tested to destruction. Had some of us not grasped for the power as a poor crutch to make our dreams (to save people, to be stronger, to stay friends with someone) happen, there would be no crisis.

Old 2018-07-22, 16:50   Link #57
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

It's all for nought if the story doesn't make it clear why they decided to use the power in the first place and illustrate the exact context. If it's because they genuinely believed they were under threat to begin with, then that needs to be acknowledged and explored. It's no good just saying "all desire for strength is ultimately bad". It's far more complicated than that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4th Dimension View Post
It's not like this is the first potentially world ending weapon we exploited for power.
This could well be the intentional allegory on the author's part. Whether or not it succeeds as one is I think the real test. I fear it may well fall into the Fantastic Aesop trap.

[EDIT]

On another side note, I neglected to point out that the maid dropped a hint about Soya's planet and Earth being connected in some way which probably explains why Soya is basically human (except without the ability to digest meat, probably). Maybe Soya's planet is actually Earth's future or the same planet in another dimension or some shit...probably.

Last edited by Haak; 2018-07-22 at 17:00.
Old 2018-07-22, 17:49   Link #58
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Sensei thinks he made a mistake on Sirius and blames himself for it. I do think Nebula intentionally gives the dragon's power to selected individuals as a way to test them. Maybe Sensei used to be in the sealing faction and he changed sides after the incident.

As for Haru, her strength probably made the other students fear her, or so she thought at least. Hence why she became more reserved, until what happened to Miu made her old personality burst forth.
Old 2018-07-22, 20:07   Link #59
Wandering Soul

So it seems like Sensei really is a good guy and he does genuinely care for Soya. I assume the same is true for the maid.

Much like Haak I also thought that Nezuya would be sort of character that hid their skills under their personality, but that turns out to be wrong. Guess they weren't kidding when they said that Soya already took out the strongest among them, though the president and an extremely motivated Haru will be dangerous threats.
Old 2018-07-22, 21:48   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for ep3:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote