AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-24, 17:40   Link #1
Zeifear

Something emotional.

I'm looking for something thats really emotional (Dramatic), if posible a good amount of action and romance. OR! Something really weird, like FLCL.... OR EVEN! Something with alot of action. OR MAYBE EVEN! Hmmm... thats all I really want to see right now. Woocha! Pwnage.
Old 2006-09-24, 17:58   Link #2
jedinat

Emotional anime...

Full Moon wo Sagashite - romance, no action

Kaleido Star - no romance... there's action, but not fighting acton ^^

Shingetsutan Tsukihime - some action and romance

Haibane Renmei - no action or romance... but it is very good

Aishiteruze Baby - some romance
Old 2006-09-24, 18:12   Link #3
mit7059

Honey & Clover - a great anime with a great storyline, character development and realism

BECK - another amazing anime with great character development and relationships, also very realistic

The Melencholy of Haruhi Suzumiya - If you want something like FLCL go for this, one of the best animes of 2006

Eureka seveN - good deep mecha anime where the main relationship is the most important aspect of the series

Fate/Stay Night - for romance and action this is your best bet

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here

Last edited by mit7059; 2006-09-24 at 18:55.
Old 2006-09-24, 18:14   Link #4
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Kimi ga Nozomu Eien - prepare a box of tissues if you are emotional, because this stuff will strike you hard. No action here, but lots of romance and drama. Definitely one of the best series around. This alone should be enaugh to fill your need for 'emotional' stuff This will strike you with sense of realism and you will truly feel for the characters.

If not, then watch Air after this - with the two of these you should have enaugh emotional stuff for a while Again no action here
Old 2006-09-24, 18:44   Link #5
Jordus

Naruto

One Piece

Bakuretsu Tenshi
Old 2006-09-24, 18:53   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Mars They become boyfriend and girlfriend early on.
Mars is an emotional manga. It is 15 volumes and the couple gets together early on. They face issues like sex, dating, rape, secret pasts and more. It deals with the couple's pasts and is very serious and emotional.

The Devil Does Exist is an amazing romance manga.

Kare First Love is another emotional manga, the main couple goes through a lot of emotional events.

Ayashi no CeresCeres Celestial Legend is an emotional manga. The anime takes out a lot of the story, so read the manga, the anime isn't as poignant and emotional as the manga. The couple during the series are boyfriend and girlfriend and go through a lot of emotional events.

Fushigi Yuugi Fushigi Yugi is emotional and touching. The manga is wonderful. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, get married and have a wonderful love story. The manga is 18 volumes, the anime only goes up to volume 13, so read the manga. It's 18 volumes and wonderful.

Marmalade Boy is a good series filled with emotions. The anime is 76 episodes.

Kare Kano is a good series with lots of emotions. The couple is dating early on in the series.

Wild Act is a great romance manga, the couple is dating and in a committed relationship, lots of kissing and sex.

Akuma De Sourou is a realistic romance with a couple in a deep relationship.

High School Debut Couiple is dating and in deep relationship.

Bokura ga Ita Realistic romance.

Sand Cronicles Emotional.

Paradise Kiss Emotional.

Sailor Moon is emotional.

Peach Girl is a realistic manga series. The manga is 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are released as Peach Girl 1-8, while volumes 9-18 are released as Peach Girl: Change Of Heart 1-10. Make sure you get the right volumes.

Of course I must give a mention to my favorite, Sailor Moon, 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, date, get married and have a child. The love story is wonderful and perfect. There are a lot of filler episodes, but the main episodes are wonderful. The love story is wonderful and complete, as the couple is dating and boyfriend and girlfriend during the series, having a wonderful, eternal love story.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2010-09-07 at 18:24.
Old 2006-09-24, 19:42   Link #7
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I second AIR and Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien. Also, if you are watching AIR, don't forget to watch also the summer arc and the movie version for it. You could also try watching: Fate/Stay Night, and Shakugan no Shana. To satisfy your wierd anime taste, then watch The Melancholy of Suzumiya Haruhi.
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-09-24, 19:55   Link #8
Theowne
耳をすませば

Quote:
I'm looking for something thats really emotional
Excellent.... (*does Mr. Burns impression*)

First, the somewhat action-y:

Elfen Lied - Be warned that it's very graphic (sometimes needlessly, in my opinion), but it has a bit of action and a gripping, emotional story.

Saikano - There doesn't seem to be as much fans for this one, it gets a bit melodramatic at times, but it is a very emotional story and creates a distinct mood throughout the series. There are a few action scenes (war scenes), however they are not prominent.

And now the non-action:

Honey and Clover - Story about a bunch of students at an art college and their lives over two seasons. Very realistic, very emotional. Don't judge by the descriptions, because in my own experience they didn't really capture the anime that well. Just watch it.

Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien - Basically required watching in terms of dramatic anime. Depressing, bittersweet sort of story.

Kare Kano - High school romance. It's not consistently emotional, but there is plenty of dramatic scenes along with the comedy. Either way it's a nice anime, well, at least the first half. After that it kind of falters. But I think it's still a classic.

Quote:
OR! Something really weird
Welcome to the NHK! - Very out of the ordinary. And hey it fulfills your other requests too (except for action).

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-09-25, 03:26   Link #9
physics223
In the Tatami Galaxy ↓

I'd definitely third or fourth or nth Honey and Clover. While you're at it, also watch the cathartic second season.

I'd second Shingetsutan Tsukihime as well. That anime was powerful as to make me stare in space just thinking of the tragic fates awaiting different characters. It is beautiful. Very beautiful.

For still running shows your best bet is Welcome to the NHK!.
Old 2006-09-25, 07:19   Link #10
LynRee
-

Elfen Lied. Very gory action scenes and lots of romance. Yeah, very emotional. I think you'd like it.

For something insane (like FLCL), try Puni Puni Poemi. Totally crazy comedy with some ecchi scenes.
Old 2006-09-25, 09:11   Link #11
miaka

something weird...
Mushishi - adventure and episodic
Kino no Tabi - action, adventure
xxxHolic - deal with folklores and paranormal
something emotional
Kanon, Hantsuki - romance but no action
Innocent Venus
Jyu Oh sei - action drama. its about survival
The Third - drama, action, adventure
Old 2006-09-25, 10:00   Link #12
jayj713

i second/third AIR, Saikano, Kimi Ga, Suzumiya, and Fate/Stay Night.

EDIT: wow just thinking about saikano, my heart like twitched or something. that one scene was just... so sad.
Old 2006-09-27, 04:10   Link #13
Zeifear

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'm just gonna try everything out. =D I just finished a couple manga series that were recommended to me a long time ago, but I forgot who recommended them! Anyways I thought they were great, but I deleted your pm and forgot your name. xD Well, I just wanted to say thank you for recommending the manga's! (Its the romance fanatic xD)
Closed Thread