AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Danganronpa

Notices

View Poll Results: Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Rating
Perfect 10 2 20.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 3 30.00%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 2 20.00%
7 out of 10 : Good 0 0%
6 out of 10 : Average 1 10.00%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 1 10.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 10.00%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 10. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2016-09-19, 10:42   Link #1
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Danganronpa 3: Future Arc - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Danganronpa 3: Future Arc, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Character bashing is not on-topic and will not be tolerated.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.
Old 2016-09-19, 10:45   Link #2
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Welp, as expected, there wasn't just 1 attacker. I wasn't expecting suicide first due to how Gozu and Seiko died, but considering what happened to Ruruka, it felt plausible in the end.

In any case, I dunno if it was how they presented it or the impact of that, but it felt dragged so much to the point the episode could theorically fit within part A and have something else to fill the second part of the ep.

At the very least, we had some "nice" cameo, but that's about it.
Old 2016-09-19, 10:52   Link #3
Gilly

Sayaka with a knife in her stomach, Kyoko affected by poison, Chihiro with his head smashed... and Mondo as a puddle of butter.
Old 2016-09-19, 10:55   Link #4
Marina2

Juzo is now basically the best new character from Danganronpa 3. He saved everyone.

(Joke time)

Juzo: Munakata, there is something I have to tell you. Actually, I..... (found the power switch)

Munakata: Enough!

*stabbed by Munakata*

Juzo : W--why?

Munakata : You know why! (we need to drag the story out for another ep.)
Old 2016-09-19, 11:48   Link #5
AP24

So we finally know how everyone was killed. I knew Gozu's death was odd because how the hell did the killer get into the barricaded room. When the monitor was mentioned I realized immediately how it was done and who the traitor was.

It looks like the mastermind is still unknown. Maybe the next episode of Despair arc will provide some clues. It could be the extra person unaccounted for. I still think Chisa is the one behind this and it could it be Junko's consciousness is inside her body.

Looks like Kyouko really is dead. T_T
Old 2016-09-19, 12:57   Link #6
runset

Quote:
Originally Posted by AP24 View Post
So we finally know how everyone was killed. I knew Gozu's death was odd because how the hell did the killer get into the barricaded room. When the monitor was mentioned I realized immediately how it was done and who the traitor was.

It looks like the mastermind is still unknown. Maybe the next episode of Despair arc will provide some clues. It could be the extra person unaccounted for. I still think Chisa is the one behind this and it could it be Junko's consciousness is inside her body.

Looks like Kyouko really is dead. T_T
The mastermind is tengan based from what munakata said. As former principal and the one of the few people who knew about that building structure. In the end mitarai also got a massage from tengan when all of their bracellet is gone.

Based from this, i think either that this killing game is tengan version of Kamakura project in order to create a true hope by pitting hope againt hope or maybe he already did the kamakura project on another subject and that subject planned this killing game (bcos he declared that he won't let that kamakura project go to waste in previous episode)
Old 2016-09-19, 13:33   Link #7
omimon
Professional Hikkikomori

It's been like what, 5 episodes since the battleships attacked Jabberwock Island? When is class 77 going to do anything in this part of the series? I mean there is only one episode left.

BTW Press F to pay respect to our boy Juzo

JUZOBOYS
U
Z
O
B
O
Y
S

Last edited by omimon; 2016-09-19 at 13:45.
Old 2016-09-19, 14:07   Link #8
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

I kinda figured Sakakura was going to have a major role, happy my killer theory was off and he went out as the hero rather than the villain. Not sure how I feel about the suicide method though.

Somehow Tengan feels like a misdirection... and I'm still holding out hope for my dark horse.

Circumstances notwithstanding it was nice to see 78.
Old 2016-09-19, 15:16   Link #9
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Heh, considering how significant brainwashing has been in Despair arc, it being the truth behind the "attacker" in this killing game makes sense to me. A video that drives whoever watches it into suicide eh? Must be the same video that caused the mass reserve course suicide.

And hey Juzo was alive the whole time, but with all that blood loss I figured he wouldn't have long until he succumbed. At least he died saving whoever was left.~

So if Tengan was a Despair as well, I'm assuming the final episode of Despair arc will shed some light on how that happened. Question is though how he's calling Ryota when he's supposedly already dead. Perhaps someone is posing as him?
Old 2016-09-19, 15:27   Link #10
Kopi
Σ(゚ロ゚ノ)ノ

I'm puzzled on why Kirigiri didn't share her investigation with the others when she basically already had the answer.

Naegi didn't even struggled much during the brainwashing was imo, very disappointing given that he's SHSL Hope Then again, maybe the techniques are improved as compared to the time when Chisa had her brainwashing done. The only person who knows of the technique is Junko so.. damn, Junko doing a comeback?
Old 2016-09-19, 16:16   Link #11
HandofFate

They sure didn't do much effort in tying Naegi up if they theorized it was suicide, yea lets loosely wrap him in some rope.

Juzo sure lived a long time with that major bloodlost. Wonder what he used to cut his hand off.
Looks like his yaoi power keeping him alive.

All this, and the way to pass was just to shut the power down lol. Should have just started off with that, there was even a lever for unlocking the bracelets.
Old 2016-09-19, 16:21   Link #12
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kopi View Post
only person who knows of the technique is Junko so.. damn, Junko doing a comeback?
If so I will enjoy a deep sip from a very tall glass of 'I told you so '

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2016-09-19, 16:27   Link #13
DMurphy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
If so I will enjoy a deep sip from a very tall glass of 'I told you so '
Will you also be taking a similarly deep sip from a very tall glass of 'Well, I was definitely wrong about that' if Chisa doesn't turn out to be alive, as it's looking increasingly likely that she really was dead all along?

Latest Review: Psycho-Pass 2 and Legend of Korra
Old 2016-09-19, 16:39   Link #14
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMurphy View Post
Will you also be taking a similarly deep sip from a very tall glass of 'Well, I was definitely wrong about that' if Chisa doesn't turn out to be alive, as it's looking increasingly likely that she really was dead all along?
One of those was always excluding the other. So basically whichever glass of I told you so I drionk comes with the limette of either Junko or Chisa being dead .

A drop oif soiurness is still prferable to being absolutely right though (Hating plain water here for most times)

---
Brainwashing as the attacker was pretty much never hinted in Mirai so yeah - nice work Kodaka; The only real hint towards that was the monitors. That being said they already won as Naegi survived, so I wonder why Monokuma didn't announce that. Especially the way Seiko died imho actually points against Suicide as she literally punched herself into a wall after her drug already wore off.

For now I will use the week to go back and check where the counter actually started to act wierd.

Edit:
Also why would the video first target a remnant of despair,. who really needs no further brainwashing but would likely kill herself if Monokuma told them too anyhow?

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-19 at 16:55.
Old 2016-09-19, 17:16   Link #15
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

It targets the one closest to a monitor. It's not a pick and choose thing.

Anyway, I will never actually like Sakakura, but that doesn't mean I can't respect him for how he went out. He really gave it his all.

As for brainwashing and suicide, I disagree. While I didn't put them together before, I always argued that it's pretty likely that the attacker themselves were unaware of the fact.

As for brainwashing being a possibility, I would like to point out that brainwashing anime has existed several episodes ago.
Old 2016-09-19, 17:31   Link #16
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dengar View Post
It targets the one closest to a monitor. It's not a pick and choose thing.

Anyway, I will never actually like Sakakura, but that doesn't mean I can't respect him for how he went out. He really gave it his all.

As for brainwashing and suicide, I disagree. While I didn't put them together before, I always argued that it's pretty likely that the attacker themselves were unaware of the fact.

As for brainwashing being a possibility, I would like to point out that brainwashing anime has existed several episodes ago.
Not in Mirai though. - It doesn't really make for a good and consistant story when you need knowledge the detective has never really been shown to have to solve a case. That eneables you as viewer to theoretically solve it - not the detective though making the conclusion kinda random.

The last mystery remaining is who is the mastermind.
And I will note this here myself: While both Junko and Chisa are valiable options - you don't need to be either one of these.
If you look at the video again it will be strangely familiar, which is basically because (and please correct me if I am wrong here) it is a scene from the Monokuma theatre of DR 1.
The one who could have made it is thus still Junko and whoever could have used it later on.

The real question is imho why they would kill Chisa off first (regardless of whether she turns out to be part of this) when she is actually clearly a remnant of despair;
Sure the Monitors add a certain random factor, but the remnant b eing hit first is a bit too much of a coincidence. imho.

Old 2016-09-19, 17:45   Link #17
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix
The real question is imho why they would kill Chisa off first (regardless of whether she turns out to be part of this) when she is actually clearly a remnant of despair;
Sure the Monitors add a certain random factor, but the remnant b eing hit first is a bit too much of a coincidence. imho.
Maybe mastermind didn't care about whether Chisa was Hope or Despair. Even Junko killed Mukuro as part of her plan without telling Mukuro .
Old 2016-09-19, 17:52   Link #18
stray
Speedy Sea Cucumber

Quote:
That being said they already won as Naegi survived, so I wonder why Monokuma didn't announce that.
I was wondering this... but Monokuma was very obviously prerecorded so the game really does seem unattended for now. I'm really sort of wondering if its actually being broadcast though and if so to where or to who. Sort of have a batshit theory I'm trying to piece together.

Quote:
I'm okay with suicide monitors I guess but Junko's brainwashing methods have been portrayed as being a bit too permanent for alternating attackers to really be functional. That said though... considering how fast Naegi was hit and how fast it wore off I'm really sort of wary of Mitarai right now.

To add/echo -- Despair and Future are very much one series.
Old 2016-09-19, 17:59   Link #19
Dengar
Kamen Rider Muppeteer

Quote:
Not in Mirai though.
And this matters, why? You're supposed to watch the shows together.

Quote:
The entire Danganronpa series is nothing but contrived coincidences.
Old 2016-09-19, 18:07   Link #20
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Maybe mastermind didn't care about whether Chisa was Hope or Despair. Even Junko killed Mukuro as part of her plan without telling Mukuro .
Yeah that one was totally different though. Junko wanted to taste the despair of killing her own sister (as shown in despair and said in DR 1). - there is atm no hint that Chisa has such a connection to the culprit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stray View Post
I was wondering this... but Monokuma was very obviously prerecorded so the game really does seem unattended for now. I'm really sort of wondering if its actually being broadcast though and if so to where or to who. Sort of have a batshit theory I'm trying to piece together.
I will look where the counter started being off tomorrow - I really hope there is something greater going on then Tengan being the culprit - tbh that one would really suck and require a really good explaination on how he could hacve survived that final blow too.

Quote:
And this matters, why? You're supposed to watch the shows together.
Love it when people raising pick my sentences and leave out the essential parts... I will repeat the problem again:

While we as viewers could have theoretically solved the case, there was no sign of the detective having been able to do so as he has never been shown to know about the mind control. A proper mystery however should be solvable by having the same knowledge the detective actually has - something DR and SDR where both rather consistant with. So its not really much to ask for this continueing to be the case here too.

Edit: The aditional problem here is that the detective never had a chance to aquire said knowledge as its existance has been kept secret by Chisa, Juzou and Mitari.As such Kyouko was unable to solve the entire mysstery while you as viewer were, which is why a mystery should be solvable with knowledge you know the detective has. Take Agatha Christie for example: You always knew she knew a lot about plants as she kept a garden of her own - thus when she solved the murder in a certain case you could easily rest and say 'yeah she said she knows about that'; In other words the detective was actually able to solve all the mysteries on their own and readers didn't need any knowledge the detective has never been hinted to have to an extend where they could use said knowledge to solve the case.
Yet in a proper mystery you should be able to do exactly that - solve the case with the detective's knowledge.

Except you want to argue that this is another perspective trick like in DR 1 and the real detective is Mitari; that however would be even worse since he never conducted an investigation of his own and is in addtion an accomplice.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2016-09-19 at 18:22.
Closed Thread