AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations > Custom Requests

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-20, 11:01   Link #1
AKfourtyseven

Need different anime!!

Im new here and im wondering if any one can give me suggestions to watching some good anime. At the moment i watch naruto, bleach, one piece, etc. As you can see there all anime having to do with fighting. so im looking for something new and worthwhile to watch, maybe somewhere along the lines of romance or drama, cuz all the fighting gets me too hyped up!

oh and one more thing, im not that picky when it comes to anime (although i dont like the Sci-Fi ones too much), i tend to enjoy lots of anime, so just post some good ones for me and ill check em out.

Last edited by AKfourtyseven; 2006-09-24 at 05:24.
Old 2006-09-20, 11:50   Link #2
Cyz
"Show it to me"

I recommend watching Da Capo seasons 1 and 2, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, AIR (movie, series, and the summer arc), Shuffle!, Suzuka, Strawberry Panic, Maria sama Ga Miteru seasons 1 and 2, and Elemental Gelade (licensed). If you still want more fighting then watch: Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, and Blood+

--> There's still a lot more to mention but I'm sure others can fill that up
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Old 2006-09-20, 12:05   Link #3
gencbiba

Judging from your post, you like fighting anime a lot, kinda like me. Now you're looking for drama or romance.... Well, I wouldn't really recommend it if you are a fighting type of person but you should watch "Ichigo 100%." What you will be able to tell from watching this is if you can handle romance, and drama or not.... After I watched "Evangeleon," I completely lost all taste for psychological anime. This will either make or break your tastes in anime, and it should prove interesting. Also, don't take my advice to heart because I'm just experimenting with this one. Just make sure to tell me the outcome so I can add it to my little book..

Captain Tsubasa and Dai no Daibouken are being translated!! Check us out at http://www.hiei-tf.fr/frenchies-subs/. Stop on by and show us some love at the forums.
Old 2006-09-20, 12:41   Link #4
drgntig
i'm psychic.god says hi.

here some.

some of the good ones are:
petshop of horrors
tokyo mew mew(i haven't read it my freind told me about it though).
bandit king jing
and of course
tenchi
Old 2006-09-20, 13:00   Link #5
jayj713

If you want another good fighting anime I'd recommend Tenjou Tenge too.

these two have romance and drama but also other stuff...
Ai Yori Aoshi
Mai Hime

Cyz up there has good recommendations
Old 2006-09-20, 14:03   Link #6
MamoruUsagi

Here are great manga

Sailor Moon is 200 anime episodes, 18 manga volumes, the live action series. The couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend, gets married and has a child. I love Tuxedo Mask.

In Fushigi Yuugi, also called Fushigi Yugi, the couple become boyfriend and girlfriend, get engaged, get married and have a child. The manga is 18 volumes. I recommend the manga, because the anime only goes up to volume 13, while the manga is 18 volumes long, meaning almost 100 episodes.

Marmalade Boy

Absolute Boyfriend

Kare First Love

Love Attack

Happy Hustle High is a cute series.

High School Debut

Mars

The Devil Does Exist

Bokura ga Ita

Ultra Cute

Peach Girl is a great manga series. The anime takes out everything and changes all references to sex to kissing. The manga is 18 volumes. Volumes 1-8 are sold as Peach Girl 1-8, volumes 9-18 are sold as Peach Girl Change of Heart 1-10, make sure you get the right volumes. Read the manga, the anime changes everything. Makre sure you buy the manga in the correct order.

Akuma De Sourou

Tokyo Boys & Girls

Ayashi no Ceres is a good manga series, the anime cuts out a lot of the plot, all the sex and the romance. The couple becomes boyfriend and girlfriend, has sex, elopes and has a child. The anime cuts out half the plot, read the manga, the anime takes out so much of the storyline. You must read the manga.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jiyou is another series.

Here is a list of lots of romance series

Sailor Moon
Bokura ga Ita
Fushigi Yuugi
Ceres Celestial Legend
Mars
High School Debut
The Devil Does Exist
Kare First Love
Happy Hustle High
Marmalade Boy
Peach Girl
Doubt!!
Absolute Boyfriend
Fushigi Yugi
Ayashi no Ceres
Kare First Love
Ultra Cute
Paradise Kiss
Mars
Sensual Phrase
Happy Hustle High
Ultra Maniac
Akuma De Sourou
His and Her Circumstances
Punch!
Kare Kano
Kaikan Phrase
Love Attack
Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien
Sailor Moon R
Sailor Moon S
Sailor Moon SuperS

is a good list.

Kare Kano and Kare First Love are both completely different series, but both great.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2008-09-05 at 15:37.
Old 2006-09-20, 15:02   Link #7
Zeifear

Eureka Seven- It has quite a bit of action, but is more on the lines of drama and especially romance. Its mechas though, so if your not into that you might not like it. Best anime ever I might add.

Haibane Renmei- Super drama. ^^ (No action)

Elfen Lied- Has a good amount of action, romance, and alot of drama. ^^ Though its very bloody...

Start off with those and tell me what you think of em. =D
Old 2006-09-20, 15:12   Link #8
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

I think no one mentioned Black Cat yet here - it might be your style considering you like fighting animes

If you have nothing against darker type with some (lots) of violence - Elfen Lied is really good

Full Metal Alchemist < This is a fantastic series, everyone should watch this. Really deep plot and lots of emotional moments, it gets a lot darker than it seems from the first look.

The rest i can think of atm has been mentioned allready
Old 2006-09-20, 16:27   Link #9
Theowne
耳をすませば

If you want the "lighter" stuff, you can watch stuff like Love Hina, Chobits, Onegai Teacher, romance-comedy types.

If you;re thinking more drama, you'll have to check out Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien (the complete opposite of fighting types, I'd say), and anime like Honey and Clover (highly reccomended!), Bokura Ga Ita (ongoing), Kare Kano, etc. Since Elfen Lied was mentioned, I guess I'll second it as well, though it is heavy on violence and graphic scenes.

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Old 2006-09-20, 16:41   Link #10
LynRee
-

I second the Black Cat recommendation. A healthy mix of comedy and action, a pretty good show. Also Fullmetal Alchemist for it's story, as mentioned above.

There are tons of romance/comedy series, I especially liked Shuffle.

For pure violence, Hellsing OVA. Gogogo, good stuff.
Old 2006-09-20, 17:29   Link #11
MamoruUsagi

Some cute manga series are Kare First Love and Happy Hustle High. Marmalade Boy is a series that's really good. Mars is a serious manga dealing with sex, rape, dating, romance, suicide, engagement and serious issues.

Last edited by MamoruUsagi; 2006-09-20 at 18:45.
Old 2006-09-20, 20:01   Link #12
miaka

Romance/drama
Saiunkoku Monogatari - romance. comedy with some imperial court drama
Good Witch of West - fairy tale style, romance, adventure, with some action.
Bokura ga Ita - currently ongoing. Its about school romance
Karin - romance, comedy and vampire that gives blood.
Honey and Clover - romance comedy definitely no fighting scene.
Kanon - romance/drama/psychological
Old 2006-09-21, 01:45   Link #13
AKfourtyseven

WOW!! Thats a lot of anime u guyz gave me ill be sure to check out most of them, and if i have time maybe all of them !!thx a bunch!!!
Old 2006-09-21, 05:09   Link #14
Nergs

Dude, check out Akagi. Don't let the graphic style put you off, you soon won't even notice it.

I have to say it's one of the best anime's ever@! Give it a couple of eps and you won't be able to stop. It's got a good amount of grit and grimness, and it doesn't have a whiney annoying character! It's about mahjong, but don't worry if your not familiar with it, I didn't know a thing about it when I got hooked on Akagi.
Old 2006-09-21, 06:24   Link #15
AKfourtyseven

ok Ill be sure to try that too. I looked into some of the ones recommended and all of them seem really good. THX a bunch again for the help !!!
Old 2006-09-23, 03:08   Link #16
nst_silver
The 1000th summer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyz
I recommend watching Da Capo seasons 1 and 2, Kimi Ga Nozomu Eien, AIR (movie, series, and the summer arc), Shuffle!, Suzuka, Strawberry Panic, Maria sama Ga Miteru seasons 1 and 2, and Elemental Gelade (licensed). If you still want more fighting then watch: Fate/Stay Night, Shakugan no Shana, and Blood+

--> There's still a lot more to mention but I'm sure others can fill that up

definitely recommend AIR. this series changed the way i viewed anime.
Old 2006-09-23, 05:09   Link #17
AKfourtyseven

ok. ill be sure to watch Air cuz i think i already put that on my "anime to watch" list. Most of the suggested anime are already on my list anyway. For now i think im fine cuz i got a decent amount of anime that im going to watch. thx again !!

oh ya i forgot to tell u guyz this. Since u guyz took the time to read my post and reply (wich usually no one does.. most of the time anywayz). I decided to add to all ure reputations !!! thanks for all the help!!
Old 2006-09-23, 20:28   Link #18
Mousuke

You like fighting? Me too! Awesome. Don't know if you've seen these yet, but...

-FMP:TSR (One of my favorites. I usually hate mecha, but love this one. You might want to see FMP season one first for backstory, but if you're looking for something fluffy then season one is perfect for you)

-Blood of the Last Vampire (It inspired Blood+. Blood+ is really lacking in my opinion, definitely watch this OVA, it's worth it.)

-Cowboy Bebop the Movie (really sweet fighting scenes here, one of my favorite movies ever)

-Samurai Champloo (hard to imagine that you haven't seen it yet, but I thought I'd throw it on there because I didn't see it on your list.)

-Samurai X: Trust and Betrayal OVA (sweet bloody violence coupled with a really good, depressing story. I cry every time...)

-Cowboy Bebop (If you haven't seen it yet, see it. It pretty much has something from every genre: action, violence, romance, drama, comedy, slice of life, etc. I've yet to meet somebody who didn't like it.)

-Texhnolyze (Definitely violent...a mind fuck if I ever saw one)

-Ergo Proxy (same creators as Champloo and Bebop, it's awesome)

Definitely check these out for action!!
Old 2006-09-24, 04:30   Link #19
AKfourtyseven

Heard of 3 of those mentioned, Cowboy Bepop, Samurai X, and Samurai Champloo. Seen every episode form Samurai X and a few from Samurai Champloo. But i have yet to see Cowboy Bepop, ill be sure to try it tho cuz according to ure post it looks like it'll be really good . Ill look up the others and see wat there about, cuz they all look like they'd be really good, thx for posting !!!!

Oh ya and i think thats about all i need for now, cuz all this looking up and putting on my to watch list is gettign pretty tireing. All thos who posted thx a lot !!
Old 2006-09-24, 10:26   Link #20
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

You said you also wouldnt mind some romance/drama, right ? Well then, Kimi ga Nozomu Eien] - one of the best things you will ever get out of this genere. I know its mentioned before but i just had yo point this one out Its deep, emotional, depressing... starts kinda lighthearted and then you are suddenly knee deep in a heart wrenching drama. Awsome series. Very emotional. I almost felt like crying at some points (almost) - and thats saying a lot, cause i dont tend to do that more than once a blue moon. Oh, and this once again proved my theory that the guy NEVER ends up with the girl i prefer