AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-06-27, 01:21   Link #901
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

FoN shouldn't be a core item for Jarvan. Banshee works better than FoN, really. You want that spell blocking when you jump in, and extra HP/Mana is lovely.
FoN should only be gotten on any champion that has natural CC reduction.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
Zilean and Annie will definitely become mana starved, and siphon of destruction can fill up your entire shield, if only for a single strong attack. Annie in particular also has no escape mechanism, so Morde's lack of CC is not as much of a problem. Of course, no champion is perfect, but I've seen a lot of Mordes able to mid against whatever crazy harass monster they had to face.
Morde is so squishy it's not even funny. Also, Annie and mana starving isn't mix quite well. Is there even Annie that use her Fireball to harass? <_<
And I've never seen a Zilean that ran out of mana.

Tip: Morde's shield isn't invincible. 2 normal hit from Annie and there goes the shield.

Quote:
I think ANY champion with flat AP runes is lame...kinda like getting a full crit Trynda, still don't see why some people like it. Anyways, before we got Orianna, Zilean was the only champion with so many options of dealing damage with Q, so I really like him. Double bombing a weak minion and hitting a champion in the radius gets their life at about 50%, it's a really strong spell worthy of its nerf.
It's not lame if a double lane still get 4 levels ahead to a single lane. I so don't want to lane against that kind of Zilean.

Quote:
A lot? Somehow the only Malzahars I ever see owning are the snowballing ones. Gotta try him again on his next free week...
I hardly saw anyone at lv 6 can survive that combo from Malz (even Rammus or Jarvan). Given that I don't see many Malz out there, and the competent one is the one that doesn't appear in free Malz week (although I tend to use Malz in free week, just because most people have a strange perceptive against champion that's free, which it's fun to see their face gets melted by a "lolz free champ").

Btw, currently I don't play much, and may take a break until something noticeable is updated (like, replay feature). There are so many games that's worth playing than the current LoL, honestly.
Old 2011-06-27, 01:46   Link #902
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Send a message via MSN to Kagerou
The best thing vs. Malzahar is to break off part of your build and buy a quicksilver sash. Now that the cooldown is only NINETY seconds there's no reason NOT to buy it if he or WW or Urgot is on the other team.
Old 2011-06-27, 02:12   Link #903
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Can you cleanse/QS suppression effects?
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 02:15   Link #904
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

QSS is the ONLY item that cleanses suppression. No other cleanse or summoner spell will do it. It's kinda like Sword of the Divine vs. Jax or Executioner's Calling vs. Mundo.
Old 2011-06-27, 02:54   Link #905
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Thanks, was pretty sure I had failed cleansing out of suppression.
Quote:
Morde is so squishy it's not even funny. Also, Annie and mana starving isn't mix quite well. Is there even Annie that use her Fireball to harass? <_<
And I've never seen a Zilean that ran out of mana.

Tip: Morde's shield isn't invincible. 2 normal hit from Annie and there goes the shield.
Annie Bot
I don't really remember anyone getting chunks out of my life bar, and he's got decent starting HP. True, Annies will try and farm with fireball, but as a counter-laner Mordekaiser will come up close to force Annie into answering with a fireball. About his shield, his W works just like Annie's shield, it's a very strong buff that's often overlooked, it helps mitigate damage while raising your shield levels. Finally, since Morde ALWAYS starts with HP regen, he will be ready to rinse and repeat after a minute. Annie's edge is her passive stun, but I'll only give her that much. At level 1, two hits from Annie deal about 100 damage, minus ~20 damage from natural armor, and a bit more if you start with Doran's, so there will be some leftover iron in any case. At higher levels, when Annie's spells deal a notable amount of damage, your shield has a higher limit and charges faster. Also, each of Morde's spells renews his shield. I can't really say, the fight goes one way, because it highly depends on each user's skill, but I think Morde is a competent laner, with the option of variety in his style.
Zilean is a better opponent, because he can totally kite Morde, but his spells with the exception of W, cost 100 mana or more to cast. I skip tear in favour of RoA, so I always get clarity with me, starting with a sapphire crystal...although mana problems were a lot less when I used to start with a meki.
Old 2011-06-27, 03:36   Link #906
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Jarvan isn't a tank but can do his job with tanky stuff. He have one of the best engage.

E + Q , W , R rush carry. With his good passive. Well , he was nerfed but he's still awesome.
Tanky build , like DragoonKain3 first items

"Lane Jarvans I see usually go something like Regrowth pendant + pot, Philo stone, boots 1 --> merc treads later, Heart of Gold" the next items depends on the opponent.

More AD = Heart of Gold -> Randuin first then Thornmail or Banshee.
More AP = Banshee first then FoN.

If you want to make some more damage , Atma for last item. Didn't try Trinity on him.

Jarvan can be play DPS but , he's not that great imo. I prefer Tanky Jarv.

For Malz burst , he's like the others mage burst , i hate Veigar burst too , Annie with her recent buff hurt so much....
Counter their burst -> Quicksilver sash indeed. But i'll say , if you're an AP casters too with a good burst , the game will play for the one who does the first burst & the damage dealers.

So , i played GP , with his buff passive , holy god , so imba , the slow , specially at early game with parrley , you can make a FB with Exhaust + Ghost.
He's better now , 5 slow stacks + Ulti slow. I'll play more game to see how much viable is he.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 03:51   Link #907
Kagerou
"Begin, the operation!"
*Author

Jarvan: Wriggle's Lantern, Bloodthirster, Aegis of the Legion, Banshee's Veil, situational item, Mercury Treads/Ninja Tabi/Boots of Swiftness.
Old 2011-06-27, 17:53   Link #908
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Reason why Force of Nature is core on Jarvan is two fold...

1) he needs MR more than Armor, as his flag gives him passive armor.

2) it vastly increases his sustainability. Not only can you farm more during laning (Jarvan is one of the best farmers in the game), but this is important as you'd get counterharass when you try to poke with spear before teamfights

Why not Banshee's Veil? Because you WANT the enemy to blow their CC's on you, since you're the tank. With you being in the frontlines, you're spellshield is pretty much permadown anyway, and BV don't give much MR.

Why not 2x Negatron? That's actually ideal against AP heavy teams, but against only 1 AP, the health regen on Jarvan does wonders. Second negatron usually is QSS so that you can't be stopped going after enemy carry if you want to.

TBQH, at first I was dubious at the merit of Force of Nature on Jarvan when I kept seeing high elo players always building it. But when I tried it, the game feels so much smoother with it that I can't imagine myself NOT building the item. And if two featured guides in solomid.net is not enough to change your mind (both 2+k elo, here and here), then how about every Jarvan in dreamhack building it?

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-27, 20:41   Link #909
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Ehh, I don't know. If there's just one AP character, I think I'd just leave it at Negatron Cloak and build other AD items before upgrading the cloak.

So it is the HP regen. I thought so. Thanks for letting me know. I'll try to incorporate it when I'm playing tanky characters. I'm not the best farmer though, so I wonder if I'd really be able to build a FoN by the end of the laning phase.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 00:03   Link #910
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Leona's mechanics are out...apparently she is tough, with single-target low CD stuns and an insane passive that debuffs enemies for every spell she casts. Ok Riot, you got my attention...
Old 2011-06-29, 02:34   Link #911
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Yeah but reading her preview , she kinda seems OP tank.
Single target low CD stuns like Udyr ?
A great shield , better than support ?

Quote:
wave of sunlight outward that causes significant damage. This mechanic acts as a sort of “soft taunt” that causes her to have some threat when she’s about to unleash a big chunk of damage, and makes her an attractive target.
And she makes some heavy damage ?

Anyway , i'm waiting for her spotlight , a real tank is welcome.

Btw , Yorick buff soon ? lol really , useless champs ....
Old 2011-06-29, 05:11   Link #912
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Highly doubt her dmg output will be that high...but then again, remember how Galio used to be? It is going to be OP rage all over again
Old 2011-06-29, 06:06   Link #913
OceanBlue
Not an expert on things

Except her area damage isn't a taunt. The idea behind it sounds similar to Nunu's, in my opinion, except it doesn't provide CC. It's even said that it's basically a "soft taunt", where you'll only want to attack her to get rid of her damage output on the move.

She's basically Nunu with a stun, a gap closer, and a shield instead of slows, buffs, and jungle sustain. As far as I'm imaging her, anyway.
OceanBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-29, 17:17   Link #914
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

So Riot's choice for EU server -> Split it in two , West & Nordic , east.
Why not.If it can fix the problem.
I'll probably be in EU west.
Old 2011-06-30, 00:05   Link #915
Kafriel
Senior Guest

As long as it gets fixed...
Quote:
Presently, the PvP.net service in Europe is supporting hundreds of thousands summoners playing League of Legends at any given time – orders of magnitude bigger than what a typical massively multiplayer environment supports!
The lolz, most MMOs reach at least 500k users in about half a year. So, busy server last night, unavailable server right now, so I'll be heading out for about 3 hours and hope it's back online when I get back. This free week's champions are just delicious...can't believe I hadn't played Akali before!
Old 2011-06-30, 00:11   Link #916
Xacual

Quote:
As long as it gets fixed...
The lolz, most MMOs reach at least 500k users in about half a year. So, busy server last night, unavailable server right now, so I'll be heading out for about 3 hours and hope it's back online when I get back. This free week's champions are just delicious...can't believe I hadn't played Akali before!
I haven't played Akali in a while but she has pretty amazing burst not to mention it's pretty much impossible to escape her alone.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 05:36   Link #917
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Well , when she reach lv6 , but before lv6 , she's weak. You just have to stop her farming or to gank her before 6 and she'll cry. But yeah , after lv6 , she's great. Try to get some kills cuz if feeded she's a pain of the ass.
Old 2011-06-30, 07:29   Link #918
Kafriel
Senior Guest

She is surprisingly easy to snowball with, because her skills deal a considerable burst that is refreshed pretty fast. No mana problems (lol), if anything she could use some HP regen, but when laning with Shen, it's just sooo easy I tend to build her full AP with just enough AD to proc her passive btw, any other recommended builds?
Got lots of pentakills with Kat last week too, Killer instinct+Shunpo+DL = 2 or more kills -> repeat immediately for the rest of the kills.
Old 2011-06-30, 07:49   Link #919
Xacual

Quote:
She is surprisingly easy to snowball with, because her skills deal a considerable burst that is refreshed pretty fast. No mana problems (lol), if anything she could use some HP regen, but when laning with Shen, it's just sooo easy I tend to build her full AP with just enough AD to proc her passive btw, any other recommended builds?
Got lots of pentakills with Kat last week too, Killer instinct+Shunpo+DL = 2 or more kills -> repeat immediately for the rest of the kills.
From what I recall, that's pretty much how you want to build her. There was a really good guide on leaguecraft showing the difference between an AD and AP akali.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-30, 08:43   Link #920
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Akali = AP first not AD. And Better BE Solo TOP or Mid but harder at mid cuz of AP opponent like Malz , Annie etc... or you can jungle but she's slow.

Well , i'll say first , get Boot + 3 pot. Then Hextech revolver , Mercury/Sorcerer , sheen , Ryla great to slow opponent with her short CD & burst , LichBane add more dmg , Rabadon , Hextech Gunblade get spell vamp + life steal , last item , Void/Zhonya maybe a Banshee if you feel that you need it.

Tags
league of legends, lol