AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-11-26, 13:58   Link #301
Marina2

Wait....Teppei is taking a medicine?? Is that new thing in Gou? The reason he came to Hinamizawa is not related to Rina?

Rena didn't say anything when K1 talked about the curse. Not that I know if it will change anything.

Rika probably want to change the event into [Minagoroshi] direction this time.
Old 2020-11-26, 21:23   Link #302
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Really hoping this Satoko loop will be better than the DEEN anime coz I remember I enjoyed it the least back then. But right off the bat, the scene where Keichi arrived with a golf club to the baseball field is already more awkward & less funny than the old anime.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Shion calling herself Saroko's Nee-Nee... I don't remember that from the original tatarigoroshi. And I suspect that might have repercussions on what will happen next.
Funnily enough, I remember it being a thing in Kira. Can't remember if it's a thing in Kai though. I only recall Shion wanted to murder Teppei there.
Old 2020-11-27, 00:11   Link #303
maximilianjenus
[E]

Nothing of value would be Lost, considering what teppei does to satoko.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 03:20   Link #304
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 9:

so it's the Satoko route this time.

I wonder how they would animate it this time?

looking forward to next week.
Liddo-kun is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 06:58   Link #305
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Tatarigoroshi-hen was probably the question arc I remember the least so it's a bit more difficult for me to remember and spot things that may be similar in Tataridamashi-hen. I actually had to read the wiki plot synopsis for this and Minagoroshi-hen.

Did Shion actually appear this early in the story? Also was Rena showing signs of HS during that walk home? I assume I'm going to have to read a Tsukiotoshi-hen summary eventually.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 07:11   Link #306
The Green One

If I recall Tatarigoroshi was after the first story Shion was introduced in, but we didn't know much about her yet.
Old 2020-11-27, 09:55   Link #307
Jaden

It's hard to tell what is a meaningful change, and what is simply abbreviation.

Rena not wanting to talk about the curse is abbreviation. She's happy to talk about it, but then we would get the occult explanation full of red herrings. Mion's explanation is simpler, and gives Keiichi the necessary context to take out Teppei later.

Prescription medicine for Teppei is definitely new, though.

Is that how people got their dope on in 80s Japan? Just pay some yakuza "doctor" to write prescriptions for you?
Old 2020-11-27, 10:44   Link #308
BWTraveller
Born to ship

Well, really, Rena very frequently reacts this way to the curse. She may not have shown this reaction to it in "this" arc before, but it's very common, as one may expect given her history.

TBH, I kind of ship Satoko and Keiichi. Obviously their relationship would be that of adopted siblings for three or four years, but those two get along really well; she's just about the only one I feel is a better match than Rena. Sorry Coach, but you're never getting her.

Anyway, I'm curious how this'll turn out. They better not have Rika go back to abandoning the route or something; she's learned what it takes to save Satoko, so she ought to jump on it and start working to get people together and to shift Satoko's point of view. Unless of course Satoko manages to remember a little bit of her capacity to fight back and just offs the bastard herself (I would be completely happy with this).
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-27, 10:58   Link #309
Marina2

It would be interesting if somehow in this -Damashi version Satoko manage to stand by her own (or went L5) and decides to kill Teppei by switching his medicine with some kind of poison.

Old 2020-11-27, 13:02   Link #310
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Going by the trend so far I'm totally expecting a Satoko L5, at any rate there wouldn't be a twist if it was K1 all over again.

However K1 not going to at least L4 would completely subvert the whole point of Tatarigoroshi, which is K1 doing a repeat of what Satoshi did in the past and the whole paranoia setting in as the girls secretly cover for him. So I guess he will still suffer from the Hinamizawa syndrome to a certain point as he did in Onidamashi, with Rika probably taking action to prevent that while inadvertently setting some other tragedy into motion.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-28, 22:11   Link #311
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaden View Post
It's hard to tell what is a meaningful change, and what is simply abbreviation.

Rena not wanting to talk about the curse is abbreviation. She's happy to talk about it, but then we would get the occult explanation full of red herrings. Mion's explanation is simpler, and gives Keiichi the necessary context to take out Teppei later.

Prescription medicine for Teppei is definitely new, though.

Is that how people got their dope on in 80s Japan? Just pay some yakuza "doctor" to write prescriptions for you?
Well not even 100 years ago, certain cough medicine was considered a substitute for opium.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
Well, really, Rena very frequently reacts this way to the curse. She may not have shown this reaction to it in "this" arc before, but it's very common, as one may expect given her history.

TBH, I kind of ship Satoko and Keiichi. Obviously their relationship would be that of adopted siblings for three or four years, but those two get along really well; she's just about the only one I feel is a better match than Rena. Sorry Coach, but you're never getting her.

Anyway, I'm curious how this'll turn out. They better not have Rika go back to abandoning the route or something; she's learned what it takes to save Satoko, so she ought to jump on it and start working to get people together and to shift Satoko's point of view. Unless of course Satoko manages to remember a little bit of her capacity to fight back and just offs the bastard herself (I would be completely happy with this).
tbh all the heroines here are bad news for Keiichi.

Satoko is either a bully or a troll, depending on the reality she is in.
Rena is a psychopathic killer.
Shion is going to guilt-walk herself into L5
and Mion is making her sister rip out her own fingernails.

So yeah, he may as well go with Takano at this point.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 00:24   Link #312
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I think you're being a little unfair to the girls. They all have the capacity to be very good, they just also have the capacity to break down due to the extreme situation. As for Satoko, as has been demonstrated, while she does love to make mischief, she's generally only that big of a bully/troll when challenged. If Keiichi shows some humility from time to time, demonstrates appreciation and affection, she tends to treat him well in kind. At the very least, they make a great brother-sister relationship with both the ability to annoy one another and to love one another and look out for each other. Given a few more years, this "brother-sister" vibe could change. And anyway, just because I think she's the best ship in the group doesn't mean I think she's an actual ideal ship. Just like thinking Sasami is just about the only girl with appeal as a potential bride for Tenchi doesn't amount to the same thing as thinking Sasami is the perfect bride for him. At most it means the rest are worse. But here I'm just saying I like the chemistry between those two. When they're at odds they're quite funny together and able to really push one another, and when they're nice they give a very warm feeling between them. I like seeing them together, possibly/probably more than any other.
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 00:40   Link #313
The Green One

All of the main characters, K1 included has their own share of damage, but the last two arcs of the previous series shows they are capable of great things when they get their crap together and support each other properly.
Old 2020-11-29, 07:52   Link #314
Jan-Poo
別にいいけど

Well this is a 07Expansion story, almost every character has an absolutely horrible side when you think about it, often leaning into outright criminal territory. Let's not forget that K1 thought it was fun to shoot airsoft guns at children, possibly causing permanent damage to a little girl's eye.

But this is nothing compared to what the Ushiromiya family did in Umineko.

Jan-Poo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 13:57   Link #315
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I think you're being a little unfair to the girls. They all have the capacity to be very good, they just also have the capacity to break down due to the extreme situation. As for Satoko, as has been demonstrated, while she does love to make mischief, she's generally only that big of a bully/troll when challenged. If Keiichi shows some humility from time to time, demonstrates appreciation and affection, she tends to treat him well in kind. At the very least, they make a great brother-sister relationship with both the ability to annoy one another and to love one another and look out for each other. Given a few more years, this "brother-sister" vibe could change. And anyway, just because I think she's the best ship in the group doesn't mean I think she's an actual ideal ship. Just like thinking Sasami is just about the only girl with appeal as a potential bride for Tenchi doesn't amount to the same thing as thinking Sasami is the perfect bride for him. At most it means the rest are worse. But here I'm just saying I like the chemistry between those two. When they're at odds they're quite funny together and able to really push one another, and when they're nice they give a very warm feeling between them. I like seeing them together, possibly/probably more than any other.

In Rena's case we have ample reason to suspect she has deliberately killed someone before, given that she has a literal murder-toolkit.

Mion does hopefully not warrant any more discussions on the crime topic in any form to begin with. She is literally walking around with an, alleged, airgun.

Shion ruined at least one person's life with her rumor spreading in that girl's school of hers.

Satoko can't be put down to simple mischief either. We've seen a reality where she wasn't living with Rika before, and she bullied Rika so hard, Rika had to pacify her with a chair.
I remembered that scene differently with Rika overreacting due to getting annoyed by Statoko's antics too, but if you account for the bullying, the scene suddenly looks entirely different.

So yeah, technically he and Satoko are on a similar level...

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-11-29, 18:50   Link #316
maximilianjenus
[E]

And suggestibg Takano as a healthy alternative is lol, she has been a walking lv 4 for 3 years.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-11-29, 19:00   Link #317
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Satoko can't be put down to simple mischief either. We've seen a reality where she wasn't living with Rika before, and she bullied Rika so hard, Rika had to pacify her with a chair.
I remembered that scene differently with Rika overreacting due to getting annoyed by Statoko's antics too, but if you account for the bullying, the scene suddenly looks entirely different.
Which arc was that?
Old 2020-11-29, 23:16   Link #318
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which arc was that?
The one with Satoshi being around instead of a coma, without Keiichi being there.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvqVM-xT_SQ

Old 2020-11-29, 23:56   Link #319
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Which arc was that?
It's from the Rei anime.
Old 2020-11-30, 04:28   Link #320
Marina2

Preview of ep.10
https://higurashianime.com/story/003_010.html