AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

Old 2020-10-11, 02:23   Link #101
Liddo-kun
is this so?

episode 2:

I like how Rika-chan performed the dance, Glad they put some budget on that.

why not just bring a saw instead of hacking wood with a cleaver? Would be easier.

Hanyuu so early... and there's another one.

really enjoying this remake.

new OP and ED are amazing!
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-11, 02:58   Link #102
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
episode 2:

I like how Rika-chan performed the dance, Glad they put some budget on that.

why not just bring a saw instead of hacking wood with a cleaver? Would be easier.
Because she couldn't it use to murder people.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
AC-Phoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-13, 23:52   Link #103
Trogdor Jube
Back at it again

Man I can't believe all these years later I'm back on this site to talk about Higurashi. It's pretty much why I joined here in the first place so it's nice to see it all come full circle
Old 2020-10-14, 05:48   Link #104
Witchilich

Can't believe we are getting more Umineko content through Higurashi.
Old 2020-10-14, 06:00   Link #105
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Witchilich View Post
Can't believe we are getting more Umineko content through Higurashi.
Wait... The Umineko stuff is still fan speculation at this point right? Or did I miss something (else)?
Old 2020-10-14, 09:20   Link #106
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Wait... The Umineko stuff is still fan speculation at this point right? Or did I miss something (else)?
Ignoring Featherine, yes.
The Shadow figure in the OP however bears a striking resemblance to Featherine.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2020-10-15, 12:01   Link #107
Marina2

Ep.3

That festival scene is beautiful. The "USODA!" in new version is not as great as I hope.

So.....It started. Tomitake and Takano have disappeared. Rikka doesn't do anything about it so far. Is she decided this world is hopeless?

At this rate things will head to the same the same direction as Onikakushi-hen. (Can anyone who have good memory, tell me if they have any different details in this eps?)

Last edited by Marina2; 2020-10-15 at 12:15.
Marina2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 12:13   Link #108
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marina2 View Post
Ep.3

The story of Onidamashi-hen seems to head into the same direction as Onikakushi-hen. Can anyone who have good memory, tell me if they have any different details in this eps?
Tomitake is missing instead of being found dead.
Takano's car was seemingly abandoned.
There's some Tsumihoroboshi-hen references.
Tokkan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 12:19   Link #109
Marina2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Tomitake is missing instead of being found dead.
Takano's car was seemingly abandoned.
There's some Tsumihoroboshi-hen references.
Thank you. I guess I will need to go read Wikia pages on old "-hen" to refresh my memory after all.
Old 2020-10-15, 12:22   Link #110
BWTraveller
Born to ship

I don't believe I recall Rena giving those lines about having worked so hard, or coming back again to peak into Keiichi's room after the phone call was over and he heard she'd come by from his dad. I kind of get the feeling that the key changes might be happening when people's eyes get different (not the cat-like demon eyes from the original but the dark yet shining eyes they added this time). Frankly, the way she talked there made me wonder just what she meant by having tried so hard. I almost wonder whether something's compelling her to reenact her behavior from the first time and that's what she's talking about...
BWTraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 15:48   Link #111
grecefar

This is going to onikakushi route with some changes, from the first scene I think it will end like that and this is just a refresh memory to some people.

Quote:
coming back again to peak into Keiichi's room after the phone call was over and he heard she'd come by from his dad.
The peak after the call was over I think it was keiichi imagining how it was when he was talking, she didn't came back.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 17:15   Link #112
MCAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by BWTraveller View Post
I don't believe I recall Rena giving those lines about having worked so hard, or coming back again to peak into Keiichi's room after the phone call was over and he heard she'd come by from his dad.
The line about working hard was from Tsumihoroboshi while the phone call scene was from Onikakushi. I think it was in the anime version as well.

Another difference I noticed was that in Onikakakushi, Keiichi actually talked to Tomitake and Takano while here he didn't.

Also the translator made a mistake it seems. The one who disappeared on the fourth year was related to the victim not the druggie.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-15, 18:04   Link #113
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Tomitake and Takano being missing rather than being found dead is a rather big change. Not sure what it entails yet.
Old 2020-10-15, 19:12   Link #114
TheForsaken
Winter is coming

What is the point of the other thread if we can talk about Tsumihoroboshi here?
Old 2020-10-15, 20:13   Link #115
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Who facelifted Detective Ooishi and then polished his face?
The original (anime) artstyle looked way better, and he makes it really apparent...

E: And suddenly I realized, Hanyu might be an Oni

Old 2020-10-16, 07:37   Link #116
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Man. Rena's 180 turnaround flat affect delivery culminating in her infamous USODA, then 180 back to her usual self is still one of the most spine chilling vocal deliveries of all time even after all these years. This once again highlights that she's actually incredibly smart and observant underneath her airheaded demeanor.

As for Tomitake and Takano, well, I just keep in mind that knowing R07, the absence of a body does not mean they're already dead or even the reverse. Schroedinger's box situation and all that.

The changes in Rena in this arc compared to Onikakushi-hen, I personally suspect that it's because like Keiichi she probably is seeing visions of previous shards as well.

Overall, I'm more concerned why Rika isn't taking a more active approach preventing all this if she's confident in her knowledge of events to come. I mean, her friends are going to be dead in 3 days if she does nothing.

Perhaps the reason is precisely because the underlying factors are already different? Whatever it is, if we end up with deaths in this shard, the next 1 or 2 episodes will at least reveal some important things (I hope).
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 11:23   Link #117
maximilianjenus
[E]

You know that scene un el 01 where rojas eyes glow, that is probable she getting .... Oh, i think se should not tal about it here. This thread should ve for anime onlybwatchers that have not watched the precious season. Or se could assume people watching this have already watched the precious seasons? It's confusing.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 14:27   Link #118
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
You know that scene un el 01 where rojas eyes glow, that is probable she getting .... Oh, i think se should not tal about it here. This thread should ve for anime onlybwatchers that have not watched the precious season. Or se could assume people watching this have already watched the precious seasons? It's confusing.
Considering that it turned out to be a sequel, you should be allowed to assume people have seen the original one.

Old 2020-10-16, 18:18   Link #119
maximilianjenus
[E]

Thanks. So what i was saying is that red eyes Rika Marķa the moment she is getting her memories back. About Rena it's seems like she got the syndrome triggered . this seems to be similar to the ps2 true end route.
I also was pissed off in episode two when they skipped keichi meeting Takano and when they skipped tomitake playing with the club, innretrospecitve, they explicitly said it did not happen in this loop, unlike the first season where they skip the scene yet they acknowledge it happened.
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-10-16, 19:40   Link #120
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

I was kind of pissed that Rika didn't do anything. It's like she didn't even value them anymore as long as she thought she was free from the fate of dying.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote