Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-11-08, 05:55   Link #341
Keroko
Adeptus Animus
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well what hurts here is that IW tryed to create a game that looks soo much reality to current army standards but the lean part failed totaly here...

well in reality do the soldiers jump streight from the corner to the enemy fire... ratehr not... they first relook what is behind the corner to see if enemy is there and if the way is clear... then they go..... and IW made it like why bother to look around the corner just lets jump and see if there is somene by risking with jump streight under enemy's gun... so IW kinda screwed up tis reality part on PC
In reality soldiers can't ignore bullet wound either. Should the players start limping the moment they're hit because it's more 'realistic?'
Keroko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 08:19   Link #342
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
I've got a CE pre-order but I'm still debating whether I can be arsed going over this time tomorrow night to get it.

Not expecting much from the MP after all the shit that's been going on but hopefully it'll at least provide a nice single player ride like the original MW.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 09:53   Link #343
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

... if I wanted military realism, I'll play Operation Flashpoint: Dragon Rising... I play MW for the SP, and that's that

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 12:44   Link #344
Statonxyb
hrm

ArmA 2 > OFP: Dragon Rising in terms of military realism

Dragon Rising is a bastardized version of the original Operation Flashpoint that follows closer to a Battlefield: Bad Company than its masterpiece predecessor.
Old 2009-11-08, 12:50   Link #345
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
well what hurts here is that IW tryed to create a game that looks soo much reality to current army standards but the lean part failed totaly here...

well in reality do the soldiers jump streight from the corner to the enemy fire... ratehr not... they first relook what is behind the corner to see if enemy is there and if the way is clear... then they go..... and IW made it like why bother to look around the corner just lets jump and see if there is somene by risking with jump streight under enemy's gun... so IW kinda screwed up tis reality part on PC (well they mostly throguth that we wont have enought buttons for lean)
The Call of Duty series is by no means realistic. Ever. ArmA and Operation Flashpoint series easily beat CoD4 there, and if you want some painfully realistic WWII you should play Red Orchestra.

Please don't confuse real-world realism and Hollywood realism. They're completely different, and the Call of Duty series is the latter.
Claies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 16:35   Link #346
MidnightViper88
HI, BILLY MAYS HERE

Send a message via AIM to MidnightViper88
For the record, this (And specific spin-offs such as this) beat everything else as far as military realism goes; Unfortunately, the only platform it's been released for is RL...

"I just want to lie in my own crusty filth, eating rancid egg sandwiches, until some unfortunate paramedic has to blow down my door to find my bloated and pasty corpse wedged between the nightstand and mattress stained with Bengay and Robitussin DM." - Greg Gutfeld on sex and seniors
"Syphilis does not stay in Vegas. Debt collectors do not stay in Vegas. Dead hookers stay in Vegas, but the guilt stays with you forever." - Bill Schultz
MidnightViper88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-08, 19:54   Link #347
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
From everything I've read, it would appear that the folks at IW have taken complete leave of their senses with respect to the multiplayer portion of this game's PC incarnation. So, has anyone tried an intelligent defense of their position?
As for the launch trailer: count me in as someone else who disapproves of the choice of BGM. Something like Peer Gynt's 'In the Hall of the Mountain King' would have been preferable by far... or, a complete lack of BGM (letting the footage speak for itself).
And you're unfortunately right, germanturkey: it's amazing how people seem to ignore things like that. But then, if they're going to ignore/disregard the fairly obvious warning, the consequences should remain solely on their heads. And I'm guessing the same would-be complainers would be quite silent on the subject of equivalently-rated movies or TV series... if so, that means they're in no position to be taken seriously.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 08:03   Link #348
killer3000ad

Some actual XBOX360 multiplayer footage here. Interesting that you can control the Apache gunship gun manually instead of in CoD 4 where the comp controlled chopper would track you through walls. And of course, tac nuke at the end.
Old 2009-11-09, 08:42   Link #349
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Quote:
Originally Posted by MidnightViper88 View Post
For the record, this (And specific spin-offs such as this) beat everything else as far as military realism goes; Unfortunately, the only platform it's been released for is RL...

Five stars for you. lol

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
JagdPanther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 09:53   Link #350
USB500
*facepalm.jpg*
*Author

Send a message via MSN to USB500 Send a message via Yahoo to USB500
Quote:
Originally Posted by killer3000ad View Post

Damn, I gotta love the chopper gunner.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claies View Post
The Call of Duty series is by no means realistic. Ever. ArmA and Operation Flashpoint series easily beat CoD4 there, and if you want some painfully realistic WWII you should play Red Orchestra.

Please don't confuse real-world realism and Hollywood realism. They're completely different, and the Call of Duty series is the latter.
Highlighting for the truth. Some people still aren't aware of CoD's realism nature
USB500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 11:26   Link #351
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Found this interesting article on the BBC.
MPs row over Modern Warfare game
It's about a row between a pro-gamer MP & anti-gamer MP (both from the same party) over MW2.
Old 2009-11-09, 16:11   Link #352
Axeman

Wow I’ve been playing cod mp right from the early days and I can’t believe the decision to make the new and improved super sophisticated next-level mp of a brand new 2009/10 cod game a 9vs9 early 90's throwback!

I didn’t realise that the console versions were so far behind in terms of mp ability that it is not possible for more players than those involved in a Sunday league footy match at the park (11vs11!!!) to play against each other! 9vs9 the future? – don’t make me laugh! Why bring the pc version back 2 decades? Even 1987 MIDI Maze supported 8-a-side and that was the first mp 1st prsn shooter invented!

9vs9 – a more enjoyable and realistic experience – I’m in a warzone, I’m in Afghanistan where troops are organised into 30-man combat platoons, ‘REALISM’ = absolute minimum of 30 a side capability for those who want it! Got no problem with a 9vs9, hell a 1vs1 is all good if it turns u on! But as an OPTION not as the ONLY choice! - it sure don’t do it for me and my mates anyways!!

If I were chief: airstrikes and dogs would be dropped or at least limited CHRIST!, bigger maps + vehicles would be a must, age 3+ deathmatches would be banned, a proper system of rank would be implemented with single shot kills to the leg – lol becoming a thing of the past.. hold on... it just occurred to me... heard of Battlefield anyone? I may just be off 4good this time! - someone plz remind me why I’m gonna stick with IW & Activision’s ‘next gen’ mp console raped game???
Axeman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 20:35   Link #353
Firefly00

Send a message via ICQ to Firefly00 Send a message via AIM to Firefly00 Send a message via Yahoo to Firefly00
Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
-match size rant redacted-
As I understand it, it's a step back from even the first Modern Warfare (and World at War). Hell, I seem to recall Frontlines: Fuel of War being able to host decent-sized populations.
Honestly, it seems to me that MW2's competitive MP will have problems competing with, say, BC2 on the merits.

Quote:
9vs9 – a more enjoyable and realistic experience – I’m in a warzone, I’m in Afghanistan where troops are organised into 30-man combat platoons, ‘REALISM’ = absolute minimum of 30 a side capability for those who want it! Got no problem with a 9vs9, hell a 1vs1 is all good if it turns u on! But as an OPTION not as the ONLY choice! - it sure don’t do it for me and my mates anyways!!
With respect, it sounds like MAG would be right up your collective alley for that engagement scale. Still, you're bang-on about the issue of choice... not sure what Kool-Aid is apparently being imbibed over in IW-land, but I'm passing.

Quote:
If I were chief...
Yes, it's nice to have that kind of control over a match setup; Red Faction Guerrilla, for instance, has no problem with excluding specific weapons or backpacks from a match.
Firefly00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-09, 21:10   Link #354
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
As I understand it, it's a step back from even the first Modern Warfare (and World at War).
It's a step backward from Medal of Honor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefly00 View Post
Honestly, it seems to me that MW2's competitive MP will have problems competing with, say, BC2 on the merits.
There won't be competitive MP of MW2 (at least none that any real competitive player could take seriously).
Old 2009-11-10, 01:17   Link #355
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axeman View Post
Wow I’ve been playing cod mp right from the early days and I can’t believe the decision to make the new and improved super sophisticated next-level mp of a brand new 2009/10 cod game a 9vs9 early 90's throwback!
I dunno, isn't Team Death Match on CoD4 and WaW a 12 player 6v6 matchup? While I personally agree that anything less than 12 vs 12 is absurdly low (hey, RtCW could handle 54 player MP if you could find a server with that support), if they really did raise it 6 extra players, that's a 50% improvement.
Old 2009-11-10, 01:18   Link #356
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
I was just skimming through bestbuy.ca and noticed something.

Why is the French version $10 cheaper than the English version? That doesn't seem to make sense.....
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 02:04   Link #357
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I dunno, isn't Team Death Match on CoD4 and WaW a 12 player 6v6 matchup? While I personally agree that anything less than 12 vs 12 is absurdly low (hey, RtCW could handle 54 player MP if you could find a server with that support), if they really did raise it 6 extra players, that's a 50% improvement.
Well thats the thing, ded servers can host a whole lot more than that. While 9v9 is a step up from 6v6, one would expect us to see a bigger number coming from the "updated ver."

like I said before 9v9 is a sandbox filled with big fluffy pillows for babies.

9v9 may very well work for console gamers but not PC gamers.
Old 2009-11-10, 02:13   Link #358
zibi88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well thats the thing, ded servers can host a whole lot more than that. While 9v9 is a step up from 6v6, one would expect us to see a bigger number coming from the "updated ver."

like I said before 9v9 is a sandbox filled with big fluffy pillows for babies.

9v9 may very well work for console gamers but not PC gamers.
yeah I remember playing MW1 on serwer 52-54 players (so 26-27players per team)... that was some crazy shit ^^ very dynamic and intense gameplay.... and now 9v9 with no lean on PC....... they had 2years to ballance the game yet they do worse things than consols... (now we have to jump from the corner to shoot someone by risking placeing ourselfs under enemy gun fire... normaly you would lean to see how many enemeies are there and where they are hideing than attack [by leaning or jumping out]... now we have to jump out and see where the enemy is >__<

sersiouly hope that IW will see for their own eyes what they did and will repair it by soem big patches or something...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 02:41   Link #359
mit7059

Was excited for this game from the news I had heard about it. Thank god the steam launch was delayed for 2 days or I might have actually wasted $60 on it. No dedicated servers? 18 players max? No console? Matchmaking? NO FRICKING LEAN?!!!! Hey if I wanted to play on my xbox I would play on my xbox. What a fail of a game, totally worthless. I read the entire transcript of the best buy chat, do they think we're all idiots? Patches wouldn't likely even be able to fix it that easily because the none of the maps would be large enough for more than 18 people, so they would have to rush some maps for more, which would be crap

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-10, 07:52   Link #360
Mueti
あ!

Send a message via ICQ to Mueti
Any first impressions regarding ping on the PC? I've only played SF4 with that stupid bar-system and found it to be quite arbitrary (terrible games with green bars and vice versa).